Start by marking “40 Something - A Novel about the X-Generation” as Want to Read:
40 Something - A Novel about the X-Generation

40 Something - A Novel about the X-Generation

Five women navigate life, juggling family, children, careers, and the men in their lives. Based on True Stories.

Charlie is bored with the family tradition of Sunday Dinner so she brings a friend her family won't approve of to spice things up a bit. Will this friend go too far and cause too much damage?

Rose only wants to do what is right and keep her family safe. How can
Published January 15th 2017 by Carennedy Solutions

To ask other readers questions about 40 Something - A Novel about the X-Generation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 40 Something - A Novel about the X-Generation

Start your review of 40 Something - A Novel about the X-Generation
Whispering Stories
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
40 Something is about five women all in their Forties, and their struggling with their lives. Every one of them has a different story, and a different approach to life.

There is Rose, the picture book mother with her picture book husband Gus who is living a life for her family. She hosts family dinner every Sunday, and that’s when she is happy the most. Her four kids are now teenagers.

Her sister Charlie is a divorce lawyer, who is divorced herself, and mother to her only son. She is a tough woman
C0NFR0NTATI0N
Mar 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Let me start by saying that I won this book as a giveaway. I thought my wife would like it as we are in our 40's, and it's something we could read together. Now for the review.

We couldn't get past the first few pages, there are numerous grammar errors making it difficult to read. You really need to fire your editor.

Some examples of these horrible sentences:
1. On the back cover: "Charlie brings a friend her to dinner her family won't approve."
2. On the back cover: "How can she when her teenagers
Erin
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review 40 Something: Sunday Dinner

The kindle version of this book has 55 pages. The chapters are titled with the characters names.

Here is a blurb of what the book is about. It is a story about being a 40 year old woman in the 21st century. The story follows 5 women as they go through their lives as mothers, daughters, wives sisters, and friends.

I came across this author through goodreads with a comment she wrote about her book in one of the groups we belong to.

This book raises a lot of questi
Shannon Peel
Jan 18, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
From the Author:

If you are willing to write an honest review, good, bad, or ugly, I will provide a free ebook version of the paperback - not the paperback itself. The paperback version does not have an ebook version available online for purchase. It is only available by request. Please PM me.

The paperback includes ebooks 1-4 plus a bonus instalment. The ebooks are like TV episodes with a larger story woven through them.
Maureen
Jan 21, 2017
Karen Miles
Mar 07, 2017
TDCbookreviews
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Following the lives of a group of ladies who go through relationships, sex, kids and jobs.

This particular reader is about half the age of these ladies but it gave some insight on what's to come, and to know that some life lessons can happen at any age. An adorable and uplifting read filled with everything that life has to offer us on a daily basis.

Suitable for anyone over the age of 20, anyone who has a kid, anyone who's married, or just anyone who's interested in a good book about life.
Purvi Petal
Amanda
EBooks books 1-5 2 2 Jun 23, 2017 04:31AM
Excerpts 3 1 Jan 18, 2017 07:20PM
Book Publication Date 1 1 Jan 10, 2017 05:16PM
Shannon Peel grew up in Enderby, BC where her family's root run deep. Growing up where television was either non existent or very limited she relied on books & imagination to escape into the world beyond.

She went to UBC to study and earn a general studies BA with a concentration in Political Science and Economics. Macro analysis of world events, social justice and human motivations became a passi