Start by marking “Finding Joy (Love's Compass #5)” as Want to Read:
Finding Joy (Love's Compass #5)

Finding Joy

(Love's Compass #5)

Sometimes, what looks like a dead end, is really a new beginning.

A horrific accident changed everything for Parker Wilson. The beautiful new employee his mom hires is the last thing he needs and he'll do whatever it takes to make the girl quit and regain the peace and quiet he prefers.

Nothing short of desperation would force Chelsea Blake to work on a local cattle ranch.
Published February 14th 2017 by Dallionz Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about Finding Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Joy

Kristin Holt
I enjoyed FINDING JOY, a sweet contemporary Christian romance. Melanie Snitker's work is a pleasurable read and the presentation immaculate (error-free). Her characters are likable and face real-life challenges and emotions I related to.

Set in Texas, mostly on a wealthy cattle ranch, this story brings together two people who doubt themselves and their abilities. Their reasons are different, but inside, they're a matched pair. Parker and Chelsea are both badly damaged--one on the outside and one
Age Appropriate For: 13 and up for mild romance
Best for Ages: 15 and up

I like deep books that make me think and inspire me. However, every once in a while it is nice to take a break and read something that is just light and fun. Finding Joy is one such book. I received a copy for review and curled up on a sick day to read. It was a good companion that left me feeling happy.

The setting was one that I know well, as I live in central Texas and we actually have a longhorn farm not too far from us. T
Rebekah Morris
Feb 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I was very excited to get this book when it came out and read it quickly. But I was somewhat disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I loved the characters! And the whole message of moving on past the hurts and pain was good, though there didn't seem to be as much focus on God's help and guidance as there probably could have been. I really enjoyed getting to "visit" characters from the earlier books in this series.
My objections were that the story seemed to be almost completely focused on the romance
Krista Noorman
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
From the first tense moments of the book, I was drawn into Parker's story, his accident, his scars. And Chelsea was dealing with some scars of her own-the invisible kind, deep down inside, that come from uncaring, judgmental, absentee parents. I enjoyed the progression of Chelsea and Parker's relationship, their bickering, the friendship, the sweet moments on the ranch. And it was wonderful to get more of Laurie & Tuck's story and spend time with some of the characters from previous books as ...more
Darla Damron
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book on bitterness and how it can take over your life. I was greatly pleased to see the main characters turn to God and ask for help. Bitterness had created a gap in his personal relationship with Christ and with his relationship with his family and friends.

Once I started this book I finished it in less than 24 hours. It was hard to put down and loved reading the adventure of Parker and Chelsea. Together they overcome many obstacles and were good to even each other out.

I rec
Kithuth
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the first 2 books in this series and really enjoyed them so when offered the chance to get an advanced copy (ARC), I jumped on it. I really enjoyed reading about both Parker and Chelsea. I kept trying to find moments to be able to get back to reading their story. "Finding Joy" was an appropriate name for this book. I would love to see Melanie Snitker continue with this series. I am definitely going to go back and read the 3rd and 4th books in this series to see what I missed.
Tamie Dearen
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I started reading this book and couldn't put it down! Parker and Chelsea have a great chemistry, clashing at first and coming together in a sweet romance. I loved the way Snitker developed the characters, gradually revealing the past that had scarred them inside and out. It was beautiful to watch them grow and learn to trust and love. All around great book! I highly recommend this one to anyone who loves Christian romance or sweet romance.
I was given an ARC copy to read, but it didn't affec
Pattisue
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
A beautiful, satisfying addition to the Love’s Compass Series. While including characters from the other books in the series, this story focuses on Parker and Chelsea. Grumpy, brooding Parker Wilson has had a year to recover from the devastating car wreck that nearly destroyed his life. “The chip on his shoulder is bigger than the scars on his face or the scars on his heart.” Haunted by nightmares, Parker has lost his girlfriend, his sponsors, his father, and his dreams for the future. “Losing ...more
Maria
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely novel!! I really enjoyed this sweet romance by Melanie Snitker. I especially fell in love with the main characters Parker and Chelsea! They are so adorable together and I was rooting for them from their first messy encounter. I loved how Chelsea and Parker grew as a person and learnt to be confident of themselves. I loved how the plot unfolded and I really enjoyed all the ranch aspects. I also really liked some of the secondary characters, especially Laurie and Kara. I really want ...more
Ellen White
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Parker still having nightmare from the crash.now back at the ranch in his hometown Kitner, Texas. His to do list, was to earn his keep, if he was going to be here. The past of high paying endorsements, that advertised the cattle, and the career of rodeo circuit, now gone. Chelsea if hired as a coordinator for the ranch, doing the office work. A mishap with a bottle of blueberry tea at the store,with a man and his dog, before coming here. Who walked in, but him. He was amused and annoyed by seein ...more
Debby
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Parker Wilson has returned to his family ranch after the death of his father and a horrendous car accident that destroyed his rodeo career. Still haunted by nightmares and the scars on his face, he's not happy when his mother hires an "office manager". Chelsea Blake had a very priviledged but sterile upbringing by absentee parents who'd rather travel than raise their two daughters. Chelsea has finally broken free of their influence and is now living near her very pregnant artist sister and broth ...more
Brenda Horton
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Ok Book

I love this series but this last book leaves a lot to be desired . I just found it a tad unbelievable you have a person going to school to be an attorney ending up working on a cattle ranch and not believing in themselves along with a rich cattle rancher who has been hurt in a accident. I loved the whole series except for this book, it just didn't hold my attention the way the others did. Maybe if the rancher had been a attorney or if the girl hadn't gone to school to be an attorney it wo
Jan Mcleod
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book, though I 'm sorry it is the last of the series.
This story is about Chelsea and Parker. Chelsea has rejected her rich parents' future for her and is making an identity of her own. She begins work on a cattle farm and immediately butts heads with Parker, her boss. However, time has a way of changing things.
Many of the same characters are still in this book, but their stories expand.
The series, as a whole, was well written with good strong characters and plot. It is a real
Lois Kirby
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a joy to read.

A refreshing book filled with life's struggles. Relationships, parents controlling, sisters helping and encouraging each other and strong bonds formed. Work environment and a willingness to take on the unknown as a challenge. The characters of Parker and Chelsea were so nicely developed from employees to friends then to a relationship. Challenges of stepping out into the unknown and being independent. I thoroughly enjoyed this standalone book.
Rita
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding & Loving yourself

Loved the unfolding story of facing challenges life gives us - even the families we are born into.
Each of us has faced insecurities and have risen above them or been heart broken. Each of us are unique and come to face fears, insecurities and doubts. Chelsea,Tucker and their families reach out and reveal love & joy.
Joan Bagley
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding joy

I could relate to Chelsea*s not knowing much about cattle and horses as I am not a country girl and my husband is a lifelong farmer. She did great to finally stand up to her parents and it took loving Parker to give her the courage. Sure enjoyed this super book. And appreciated that it is rated Christian
Betty Garnett
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's 5:00am and I'm just finishing the book. It's that great!

Melanie Snitker wove an amazing story of blossoming love between two people who have an electric attraction to each other, yet hold out for God's way in his timing. I'm thankful for Christian writers who can weave stories superbly for readers like me.
Barbara
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mending

What a beautiful story of Chelsea and Parker as they found each other. Farmer's terrible car accident left him scarred and broken. Chelsea's parents didn't trust her to make life decisions. Once they met, everything fell into place as they complete each other's lives. Sweet!
Sue Freeman
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An interesting love story

A young girl that has tried to satisfy her
wealthy parents all her life but still falls short has decided to quit trying to please them. She has taken a job on a ranch much to her parents displeasure. She loves her job and the independence she has. Her job starts out a little rocky with her employer but you can read the book to see how it develops.
Sherry Tobin
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the back and forth storytelling from each characters point of view. The emotions and chemistry between them was well written. It was an uplifting and romantic read that left me feeling encouraged and happy
Danielle Carpenter
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is about finding joy after surviving a horrific accident. I found inspiration and determination is one small woman. What Parker puts her through to get her to quit was quite entertaining. This romantic story allows us insight in how love finds us when we try to push it away.
Marilyn Burrows
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They each found a way for real joy in their lives

Having money, nannies, and good education could never take the place of what she wanted and needed. She wanted her parents to love and accept her, and her sister wanted the same. But they would find it, eventually
Linda Phillips
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Good Read

Chelsea and Parker were both floundering without being happy. She didn't know what she was. He was bearing physical and emotional scars from an accident. Plus he was her boss. A relationship was not possible. Snitker's book is charming.
Donna Campbell
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story.

I loved this story. I loved the relationship between the sisters and feel their connection was made stronger in spite of their parents. The main characters had a wonderful connection. This was a great, clean romance.
Anita Schrott
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finding Joy

This book received a five star from me because it held my interest. The characters were well written. I think the parents were a little "off", only because they just didn't fit, but otherwise, I enjoyed the story line. Thank you.
sharon bell hill
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully lighthearted read.

It took me less than 24 hours to read and I have such a hopeful outlook that God is always in my life. Hope is calming. Looking forward to other books by the author who definitely has a grasp of God's love and compassion. Jesus Saves.
Annette Sullivan
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Real nice

I haven’t enjoyed a book in this genre so much as this one. It’s good. There is good back story and the main characters are mature. It’s well written and makes a good change from the lite reads I’ve read before. It’s real nice.
JerriLynn
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Finding joy is a perfect title for a great book. It is an uplifting feel good book! Loved how both of our main characters had insecurities and how they helped each h other to feel good about each h other.

Gail
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this clean romance about 2 hurting people finding each other despite life's challenges. It was heartwarming and a beautiful story. A stand alone book, but I can't wait to read the other books in this series. I highly recommend it!
Jodi Brown
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprising Joy

This author and genre are new to me, and what a lovely surprise. The characters immediately drew me in and the story kept me reading, when I should have been working. A wonderful read.
  • Becoming Nikki
  • Honor (Rhynan #2)
  • Exiles (Ilyon Chronicles #4)
  • Gone South
  • A February Bride (A Year of Weddings, #3)
  • The Christmas Tree Treasure Hunt
  • A Fresh Start In Holly Blue Bay (A Holly Blue Bay Romance Book 1)
  • Brothers at Arms: Treasure & Treachery in the Amazon
  • Bonded In Brazil
  • The Plot Skeleton (Writing Lessons from the Front #1)
  • Silver Bells
  • Write Blog Posts Readers Love: A Step-By-Step Guide
  • Breaking Pride
  • A Life of Gratitude: 21 Days to Overcoming Self-Pity and Negativity
  • Noble Pursuits
  • Christmas Vows: $5.00 Extra
  • Adored  (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers Pelican Bay #2)
  • Lysbeth: A Tale of the Dutch
Melanie D. Snitker has enjoyed writing fiction for as long as she can remember. She started out writing episodes of cartoon shows that she wanted to see as a child and her love of writing grew from there.

She and her husband live in Texas with their two children, who keep their lives full of adventure, and two dogs, who add a dash of mischief to the family dynamics.

In her spare time, Melanie enjoys

Love's Compass (6 books)
  • Finding Peace (Love's Compass #1)
  • Finding Hope (Love's Compass #2)
  • Finding Courage (Love's Compass #3)
  • Finding Faith (Love's Compass #4)
  • Finding Grace (Love's Compass Book 6)