Start by marking “The Play Mate (Roommates, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Play Mate (Roommates, #2)

The Play Mate

(Roommates #2)

Smith Hamilton has it all—he's smart, good-looking and loaded. But he remembers a time when he had nothing and no one, so he's not about to mess up, especially with his best friend’s little sister. That means keeping Evie at arm's length … even though the once pesky little girl is now a
ebook
Published March 13th 2017

Shameless by Lisa Renee JonesProvocative by Lisa Renee JonesRuckus by L.J. ShenPucked Off by Helena HuntingShacking Up by Helena Hunting
Romance Books 2017
561 books — 1,470 voters
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. MaasThe Hate U Give by Angie ThomasEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail HoneymanA Conjuring of Light by V.E. SchwabCaraval by Stephanie Garber
Best Books of 2017
1,526 books — 2,875 voters

More lists with this book...

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I was falling, and I was falling hard. I could only hope Evie felt the same and that, soon enough, we’d come up with a way to tell her brother. A way that wouldn’t drive us all apart and ruin everything.

photo Teaser2_WEB 1_zpsdjdxxepg.jpg

The Roommates series is turning out to be one of my favorites by Kendall Ryan. THE PLAY MATE is sure to become a HIT! This second installment focuses on the ”romance with the older brother’s best friend” trope, and boy did it have a healthy d
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

TIME TO PLAY WITH THE COCK OF HER BIG BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND!

Stand-alone book 2
Release: March 13, 2017
Pre-order: | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
➳Really enjoyed this story, I was expecting a little bit more enticing situations so as of now I am just going to keep anticipating the best for the next to come in the series...

➳The Roommates Series:
The Room Mate (Roommates #1)The Play Mate (Roommates #2)The House Mate (Roommates #3)The Bed Mate (Roommates 3.5)The Should Mate (Roommates #4)

➳Pre-Order Links:
AmazoniBooksNook

➳Follow Me On:
BlogInstagramFacebookTwitter
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Evie Reed wants a do-over from a terrible first time and she wants it with her brother’s best friend, Smith Hamilton. She has it all planned out. She’ll meet her brother and Smith in Paris, have dinner with them, have him escort her to her room, invite him to her room, seduce him, then have mind-blowing sex. After a few hiccups, things were finally going her way… until Smith realizes the woman seducing him in the dark is none other than Evie.

Smith Hamilton kno
Pam
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 I didn’t know I was starving until I’d tasted you stars

Evie Knievel had one plan, fuck the man who would do her right, and then move the hell on with her life.... while Smith Hamilton has something else in mind, keep his hands off his best friend little sister. But that plan turns to shit, the moment Evie walks into the room, doesn't take much ... just Evie being Evie is all it takes.

Control, control is what he needs ... cold showers, long walks and distance ... but when their status change
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I've only listened to this book last week and I've already had to re-read the blurb in order to remember the storyline here. I remember this book being pretty fast paced and rather short. I also remember wishing for more of something.

➦If you're a fan of a "brother's best friend" trope then you might enjoy this one. The heroine is very inexperienced in bed and she finally decides to rectify the situation by coming onto her brother's best friend. She is under impression that it will be just this
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 STARS ❤

This is exactly what I needed, a fun, hot, sexy, light and fast paced story! The Play Mate is an enjoyable read that kept me swooning the entire time.

description

Evie has a crush on her brother's best friend, Smith. He’s always been a part of Evie’s life, and they meet again after a few years and she plans to seduce him!

Evie and Smith have amazing chemistry! They were cute, funny and super hot together. Smith is charming, sexy and funny. Evie was cute.

If you are looking for a refreshing story tha
Natalie The Biblioholic
In THE PLAY MATE, Kendall Ryan tackled one of my favorite tropes beautifully: falling in love with the brother's best friend.

Smith and Cullen have been best friends forever. Cullen's little sister, Evie, who was seven years younger, often tagged along and was sort of a kid sister to the both of them. Evie has been crushing on Smith for oh so long. Now they're all adults and after an encounter to ditch her V-card left her unsatisfied, Evie decides to seduce Smith into providing her with a do-over
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
****4 Stars****

“His best friend's little sister is all grown up … and ready to play in a whole new way.”

description

“The Play Mate” is book two in the “Roommates” series by Kendall Ryan and it is fast becoming one of my favourite series of the year. “The Play Mate” was a highly anticipated read for me as I love the ‘falling for the older brother’ trope and having said that, I do enjoy most forbidden romances I come across. So I was dying to get my hands on this naughty little treasure. If you’re looking f
Sabrina
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this one and the characters were both intriguing. It had a little bit of steam but honestly not too much, at least not for me, but I did really like the connection between Evie and Smith. Their story was interesting and kept me involved for the whole reading experience so I would definitely recommend it.
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
 photo PlayMateTeaser6_WEB.jpg

This is my favorite Kendall Ryan book to date! It was exactly what I needed - light, funny, and sexy!
Smith and Evie's story is sweet and engaging. I highly recommend it!

Here's the breakdown: Smith is Evie's brother's best friend. They grew up together and have a great friendship. Her brother, Cullen, has recently taken over the family business and brings on Evie and Smith to assist him. In an attempt to have a "re-do" of her first time, Evie devises a plan with her BFF to finally seduce Smith.
Kendall Ryan
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
THE PLAY MATE IS NOW LIVE!

"Holy crap!!! Absolutely best freaking book ever!! Kendall Ryan I love you! The chemistry between Evie and Smith was absolutely smoking hot!!!" GoodReads Reviewer, Nicole H.

"5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!" - GoodReads Reviewer, Crazy Daisy

[image error]

HIS BEST FRIEND'S LITTLE SISTER IS ALL GROWN UP … AND READY TO PLAY IN A WHOLE NEW WAY.

photo man shirtless_zpskuftrwyy.jpg

GoodReads: goo.gl/oD0xRF
Google Play: goo.gl
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

The Play Mate by far is my favorite Kendall Ryan novel. It is fun and sexy, and I adore Smith and Evie. They are my favorite Kendall Ryan couple and characters.

From the opening pages, I fell in love with Evie. After graduating college and backpacking, she is taking control of her life, and she is going after who and what she wants with no regard to anyone or anything. I absolutely love this about her. She isn't a complete ball buster, though. There is a vulnerabi
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!

photo CC50BC95-DF6F-4B64-925F-2068F3883E17_zps2csrmy0g.jpg

Everleigh Reed aka Evie is a 22 yr. old woman who grew up in Chicago with a great family. She recently graduated college and toured Europe. Now ready to head back home she's spending her last days in Paris where she will be joined by her brother Cullen & his best friend Smith. Smith Hamilton is Evie's older brother's hot, off limits best friend. She's wanted him for as long as she can remember. Growing up he was always so kind to her. Now they are both adults & he's smart, sinfu
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 8416ee2318c961bc011af2b41e459f_zpsuzvmtkp4.gif

Sweet, light, sexy and fun!!!!! If you haven’t read a Kendall Ryan book, then I’m here to tell you that you need to rectify that immediately because you do not want to miss out on a swoonworthy romance. In her latest to the Roommate Series, Ryan tackles a beloved romance trope: older brother’s best friend.

#ThePlayMate1

Evie Reed has a big time crush on her older brother’s best friend, Smith Hamilton. So when she decided to make a move on him, thing
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, arc
5 Flirty and Fun stars

The Play Mate is a standalone and is part of the Roommates series. This is Smith and Evie’s story. Smith is Evie’s older brother’s best friend. YUP!

I love me an older brother best friend book.

After reading a few serious books, I was excited to start The Play Mate. I wanted a fun and easy going read. The Play Mate is a happy, low angst and adorable read. It’s a crush to lovers’ kind of book. It gave me all the wiggly feels and squishes in my belly as I was reading.

Evie has
Dali
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Playfully sexy

The Play Mate is lighthearted and fun to read. It’s fast paced and Kendall Ryan goes straight to the crux of the story, which is Evie wanting to resolve her longtime infatuation and attraction to her older brother’s best friend. But the story is not just about her, it’s about two people who have known each other for ever, who are happy to be in each other’s lives, and have a lot to lose if they cross the friendship line.

Even though they haven’t seen much of each other recently
book bruin
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I needed - a lighthearted, fun, and sexy friends to lovers romance with a touch of taboo (best friend's little sister). I could not put this book down or wipe the goofy smile from my face while reading. This is book 2 in the author's Roommates series, but can be read as a complete stand alone.

Smith had me swooning from the start and I could not get enough of him. The story is told from both his and Evie's points of views, but I really loved Smith's chapters best. His inner d
Sterling
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
The Playmate
Kendall Ryan
⭐⭐⭐

I am not new to Kendall Ryan's work, this isn't my first rodeo with her, and everytime I finish her book I always think to myself, I fucking knew it. Makes me also think why I bother sometimes, I say blame the hot book cover!

Evie and Smith are your typical, I-fell-inlove-with-my-bestfriend's-sister kind of thing. You can have a front row seat and see how their relationship will grow, how they fell in love and of course we can't forget the well-known conflict of all tim
Dali
Playfully sexy

Even though they haven’t seen much of each other recently
Alaina
I freaking love this series!

Okay, so everyone should get these audios because they are smutastic! Also, they have pretty likable characters and shit. The Play Mate is the second installment of the Roommates series and I'm seriously eating these up! I think each book is between 4-5 hours each? Either way, I've enjoyed them so much.

In this book you will met Smith and Evie. They both grew up having a wicked crush on one another.. and things actually start to move between them after Evie kind of sed
Caitlin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Oh look, another relationship built solely on sex. Just what I always wanted.
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

From The Room Mate to the Play Mate...YASSS!! Kendall Ryan did it again. She really could deliver a story that will really make you feel good. And this is what made me coming back for more of her works and made me loving it. No matter how light hearted the story is, fast paced, no drama, you can get lost into it. That and the fact, that while reading the book, you'll get to imagine that hot bod in the cover. Let's face it, Kendall Ryan writes a beautiful and interesting blurb that'll piqued t
Shayna
Can I just say that Kendall Ryan could write the phone book and I would read it! I'm blown away every time I read one of her flirty and romantic love stories. You might not know that I've only recently discovered Ms. Ryan's AWESOMENESS and I have been a HUGE fan ever since. She creates such amazingly colorful characters who make us laugh, cry, and swoon. They are always uber sexy with a nice dose of sweet. It's the PERFECT combination to giving us an all-around fun and entertaining love story.

"
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Smith Hamilton.....I'm in LOVE!!!

The Play Mate is fun, sexy, and completely enticing! It contains everything a older brother's best friend romance should have, and so much more. This story follows Smith and Evie's journey from friends to lovers, while navigating their tricky working relationship and friendship with Evie's older brother, Cullen. Lust, laughter, and racy lingerie add a richness to this already swoony romance.

The character dynamic between Smith and Evie is incredibly enjoyable and
Karen Mc
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

The best relationships begin as friendships.

When fire meets friendship, burning with the flames of desire, that friendship ignites and goes BOOM! Friends to lovers…ahhh…what a perfect match! My perfect match was Kendall Ryan’s latest love story: The Play Mate. The Play Mate is friendship on fire, a romance that burns the body and melts the heart. Oh did my HEART MELT!!!

The Play Mate enticed me from the very first page. This sweet and sexy story seduced me where I was under its spell. I was ENTI
Auntee
Cute story about 30 year old Smith, and the sister of his bff, 22 year old Evie. Of course she's off limits to him (the bro-code), and really, she was just an annoying little tag-along while they were going up...But now that she's all grown up and wants to pursue the crush she's had on Smith, what's to stop her?

This was a light, fun, easy read with just enough steam to keep it interesting. I really enjoyed Evie and Smith together.
4 stars
Michelle
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Book Two of the Roommates Standalone series brings us the story of Smith Hamilton and Evie Reed. He’s her brother’s best friend and she’s the girl that Smith can’t stop fantasizing about, even knowing it’s wrong. But Evie is all grown up and is dead set to hit the reset button and seduce Smith so that she can finally put a checkmark in the box of having good sex. Added bonus for Evie – finally having sex with her crush will make it easy to move on and finally let go.... right?

OMG. This was so m
Liv ☾
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!

☾4 amazing stars to Smith and Evie! Their story started off kind of messy, I honestly thought Smith was never going to come around to the idea of being with Evie. I love how the book started the second you read the first page, we're introduced to her plan to seduce him and everything happens fast paced after that.

☾I thought it was interesting how it was introduced that Smith was adopted towards the end of the book, I feel like that should have been brought up more in the beginning. His

• Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Cheeky (Imperfect Love)
  • Touching Down
  • Ashton - The Agreement (A Cocky Smiling O, #2)
  • Simmer
  • Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)
  • Ruthless (Playboys in Love, #2)
  • Love Again (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • Untitled (The Core Four, #4)
  • Her Fantasy Husband (Things to do Before You Die…, #2)
  • Finding Kyle
  • A Player for a Princess (Dirty Players, #2)
  • Full Package (Big Rock #4)
  • Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)
  • Always and Forever
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Wide Open Spaces (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • Looking for Trouble (Nashville U Book 1)
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 3 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Tod ...more

Roommates (4 books)
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
  • The House Mate (Roommates, #3)
  • The Soul Mate (Roommates, #4)
“Smith Hamilton was my older brother’s best friend. And come tomorrow night, he wouldn’t know what him him.
The feminist inside me beat on her chest and let out a battle cry.
I was doing this.
I would make Smith my bitch.
And zero fucks would be given.”
0 likes
“I wanted to be loved so badly and couldn't figure out why no one wanted to love me back.” 0 likes