Start by marking “When the Bough Breaks (Mile High Romance #8)” as Want to Read:
When the Bough Breaks (Mile High Romance #8)

When the Bough Breaks

(Mile High Romance #8)

Book 8 of the Mile High Romance Series.

Chad has always had a soft spot for kids in need. When he meets Britney and her two-year-old daughter, he goes out of his way to offer as much assistance as she's willing to accept. Despite Britney's history of bad decisions, when it really counts, she makes the best decision possible.

Chad doesn't know the first thing about taking
Published February 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about When the Bough Breaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Bough Breaks

Start your review of When the Bough Breaks (Mile High Romance #8)
Trio
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
NOTE
My review of the whole series of audiobooks is up on the blog. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.kimmerseroticbookbanter.co...

If you're an audiobook fan, I highly recommend doing the series this way - it was an incredible experience going through one of my all-time favorite series this way.

My Original Review of Book 8

officially my favorite of the series, I had to listen to it again... so good, and that 'bonus' scene? that was incredibly hot!

What a super fun,
Dawn
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this the audio edition of this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

This is the 8th book in the Mile High Romance Series, while I read the first 3 books in this series, I didnt have any problem jumping into this one. The referencing made at the start of the story gave me the impression one of the MCs was in a previous book, but the story stands alone easily.

I love when kids are involved, but I would have liked it to be a bit longer and to see a bit more character
Shannon
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: sex-hot-smexing
This read a whole lot like one of the cheesy Siren romances but the sex was so stinking hot, all is forgiven. We had a fireman who inherited a baby boy and little girl, the social worker in charge of his case and the brother of the woman who died. Yeah, sounds like the perfect makings of a smokin' hot menage, right? Okaaay then. Anyways, the story was cute but I'll forget about it by tomorrow....except the sex and especially the bonus chapter. Hello very flexible man!!
Pati
This is the fifth book in this series that I have read and I was very happy to see it offered through the DBML program.

Ms Grace is one of my favorite authors but I've fallen behind on reading this series. I'm assuming that Chad, Britney and Harper were in prior books but with my terrible memory I don't recall them. However, there was just enough information given that I didn't feel lost.

While I enjoyed this story, I sadly must say it's not my favorite. I wish there had been a little more not
Ricardo
Aug 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
1 1/2 stars

It was well written but that was the only saving grace for this book. The rest was simply bad. It was unoriginal, corny, completely unrealistic, and I keep asking myself in what universe authors think that gay men actually speak to each other the way these authors write their dialogue
Sylvia
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5☆

I just didn't like this one that much.
The whole guardianship with the kids was easily solved but it left me with so much questions as in why did Britney leave home and didn't contact her brother (she was homeless)and why did she wanted to leave the kids with Chad instead of AJ??
What happend to the grandparents after they went to the hearing?
I really liked Chad but AJ and Sawyer not so much
also is it normal for grown ass men to spring boners so easily? Cuz I just found that weird in this
Penumbra
The following review is for the audio book When the Bough Breaks the eighth book in the Mile High Romance series. I received this audio book through the Goodreads Dont Buy My Love program for an honest and unbiased opinion. This is an M/M/M story. The first character is Chad; Brittanys friend who she wishes will adopt her son and daughter. The other two men involved are AJ, Brittanys brother, and Sawyer the social worker. This book is told in third person from all three mens pov.

(view spoiler)
Taya
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review via DBML program.

I honestly think everything felt rushed in a 200+ page book. It made no sense why these three strangers glob on to each other than superficial attraction but nothing click for me to make me feel that what they weren't just a temporary feeling. Aria Grace is one of my guilty pleasure author. I honestly can read most of their catalog and enjoy myself. While I did enjoyed reading this book, I know it
Lora
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*** This reviewed is based on the audio book ***

"A Great Story About Family"
What made the experience of listening to When the Bough Breaks the most enjoyable?
I loved how the characters each came to be their own person and find their own joys...and with each other at that.

What does Tim Todd bring to the story that you wouldnt experience if you just read the book?
It was great to hear his different "voices" as the three guys. I would not have had the same experience just reading it as I did
Faye Kennedy
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
🎧 narrated by Tim Todd.  💖 Loved this story and narration for another great Aria Grace book. The narrator does a fantastic job with all the voices, I especially loved AJ's accented speaking. This book has some scenes are hilariously funny. Hot smoking sexy scenes for the three just adds to the story.
Britney dies after giving birth by herself and leaves her children to Chad (firefighter) in a video to him. Harper 3 yrs and new born baby, Austin are in good hands but it gets rocky.
Sawyer is the
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Chad was first introduced to the readers in a previous book and I am so glad he got his own story. When Brittany dies shortly after giving birth, she leaves the children to Chad. As he tries to become their permanent guardian he meets up and falls for not only the childrens uncle AJ but the social worker Sawyer who is in charge of the case. What starts out as friends ends up as lovers in this heartwarming story. Everyone loves strong men with babies and the love and compassion that the three men ...more
Bobbi
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When the Bough Breaks, book eight in the Mile High Romance series by Aria Grace. This is a m/m/m storyline. Aria writes wonderful characters. Gage has a lot of friends to help him when he needs them, but his best help comes from the two people you would least expect. Fantastic storyline!
T.L. Travis
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy H**l that was Hot!

Words escape me after reading this story. What I thought would be filled with complete sadness, turned into love and some of the hottest scenes I've ever read.

This is a fantastic story of a non-traditional love born in the wake of sadness.
Cecilia Rodriguez

Sex 4.0
Series 4.0
Judy
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the conclusion of the story that was started in the last book, when thunder rolls. Orphaned babies bring an unlikely alliance forward to save them. My favorite of this series so far!
Gini
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fireman, an uncle, a social worker and two babies. Not what you imagine when you think of a family but this author not only makes it work she makes you want to cheer along with them.
Kim
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this series. An mmm contemporary book from Aria Grace. I'll read more from this author and this series.
Ruth
Dec 12, 2017
Gillian Charon
Mar 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• La Conjointe Adorée (E-Conjoints t. 1)
  • More Than Everything (Family, #3)
  • Birthday with His Omega (Mapleville Omegas #7)
  • It Was Always You
  • Getting Close to the Omega (Cloverleah Pack, #5)
  • Calming the Enforcer (Cloverleah Pack, #4)
  • When No Doesn't Cut It (Cloverleah Pack #3)
  • The Runaway Cat (Cloverleah Pack #2)
  • The Biker's Omega (Alpha and Omega, #1)
  • The Reluctant Wolf (Cloverleah Pack #1)
  • Endless Stretch of Blue
  • Sugar Coated Omega (Food Trucks of Love #1)
  • Tentation
  • Wrong Way Home - Criminal Delights: Taken
  • Rrooh Mon Dieu: Une Romance Paranormale (Agence de Rencontres Paranormales t. 13)
  • Rule Four and Five (My Brother's Keeper, #2)
  • L’ours Tactique (POLAIRE t. 4)
  • The Husband Gambit

Mile High Romance (10 books)
  • When It's Right (Mile High Romance #1)
  • When I'm Weak (Mile High Romance, #2)
  • When I'm Lost (Mile High Romance, #3)
  • When You Were Mine (Mile High Romance, #4)
  • When I Fall (Mile High Romance #5)
  • When Whiskey Stops Working (Mile High Romance #6)
  • When Thunder Rolls (Mile High Romance, #7)
  • When Words Fail (Mile High Romance, #9)
  • When Doves Cry (Mile High Romance, #10)

News & Interviews