Start by marking “Succumb (The Hierarch Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Succumb (The Hierarch Series #1)

Succumb

(Hierarch #1)

Some say the terrors of the past can haunt you, that they will mold you into the person you will become. If that's the case, Seraphina Gaelach is going to be very dark and twisted. After all, you would expect nothing less from someone tied to the Angel of Death. Seraphina has been to hell and back, struggling to fit into society and being shunned for the immortality her p ...more
Paperback
Published November 29th 2017 by Inkitt

To ask other readers questions about Succumb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Succumb

Start your review of Succumb (The Hierarch Series #1)
Salla
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inkitt
Intense is the word that comes closest to describing this book.

Full review can be on my blog on August 30th.
Kysha
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-book
I got this ARC from Inkitt Exclusive. It is a paranormal romance with light on the erotica.
A half human, Seraphina, tries to avoid the world she was born into but ends up with no choice. Her friends are all Fae and she is a witch. After an old Upir (vampire) decides to claim her that she must fully immerse herself in the world she was running from. Her life is put in danger many times from both him and others.
I loved the story and cannot wait for the sequel. *There is a whole box set of this ser
Sabrina Khan
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bri-s-books
I would highly recommend this book to anyone on the basis that it's so different than anything out there. It's a completely new world. I admit that in the beginning it took me a while to figure out what types of paranormal species each character is from. This is because they aren't give their normal labels, which is slightly confusing at first. However, it makes you even more determined to find out what they are.

The novel is full of suspense and tragedy. At times it's highly poignant and my hea
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
I find the introduction to this series to entice me in to wanting a bit more. I want to see where things go from here. Alvöru was a fascination world to navigate and there were enemies all around. I found this was a good start, but want more to take it over.
Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Serial: Standalone, No Cliffhanger
Genre: #PRN  #Supernatural
My Rating: #5Stars☆☆☆☆☆
••••••••••••••
     Oh my goodness this is really good book in fact it was so good I couldn't put it down and it's long very long. This maybe a new offer from me but she is extraordinarily amazing. So many twists and turns you become addicted to Ms. Ebony's Dark Intrigue of Suspense, wha
Jolie
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Succumb is dark fantasy by Ebony Olson. I have mentioned in other reviews that I like reading books by her. For the most part, they are good reads with some pretty steamy sex scenes. So when Succumb came up for review, I jumped on it. I was so excited to read it and I know I hyped it up in my mind. So I was surprised and disappointed when the book fell way short of my expectations.

I liked Seraphina (or Phin as she is known as) a lot. She was a very strong person to overcome what she did. Her str
Yvonne Daniels
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Yvonne by: Inkitt Exclusive
Shelves: interesting
Succumb
by Ebony Olson
⭐️⭐️⭐️
Leave it to author Ebony Olson to find the most creative way for a character to be mortal with extraordinary powers that everybody wants. In Succumb there is nymphs, Lycans, Sorcerers, Angels of Death, Demons and Upir Dragons. Oh my what a Paranormal Mythological Romance story. The story is a dark erotic romance, the main characters are Seraphina Gaelach, Luka Thetas and Sebastian Maviper. Seraphina aka Phina grew up as a human and knew nothing about the powers of the
Leslie Anne
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
**I received an ARC of this book from Inkitt in exchange for an honest review**

Succumb is a mythological/paranormal story, which focuses on Seraphina Gaelach and the secrets surrounding her existence. She grew up as a mortal but as she advanced in her age she associated with immortals, even became best friends with a nymph, and discovered her powers. The crux of this book is her relationship with Sebastian, known as the high lord of their world.

I find Phin fascinating yet frustrating. While she
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dare I Say Erotic- A Great Start to Something...Different

This book definitely intrigued me from the first few chapters. I found myself describing what I was reading to people as "well sort of like Fifty Shades of Grey mixed with The Mortal Instruments Series". It's a strange combination and without a doubt something to adapt to while reading. There are simple and noticeable errors that should have been fixed during the editing process, but not so much that the book is unreadable. The images are
Silent_Serinity
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
*ARC for honest review.
I usually really enjoy Ebony Olson books. This one was a little less then i'm used to from Ebony Olson. It felt like like the plot was a little less thought through than what i'm used to from her. But it's still an okay read.
Sofiraindrop
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC from Inkitt*
Succumb is an erotica book with a little too basic plot and all around gorgeous characters *sigh*.
It does have a redeeming quality: holy s how are the hot scenes done!
Meghan
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have not read this author before, and I am not the biggest paranormal reader, but this is a great story. It had action, romance, betrayal, friendship, drama, intrigue and paranormal components which all flowed together in an interesting take of a story.

I am still not quite sure who all the villains are and how I feel that I like some of them anyway! This is most certainly an adult read because it has many a sex scene and some rape or close to rape scenes. The author does a nice job of blending
Stellina79
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the most provoking and intense books that I have read in the supernatural genre. It kept me captivated from start to finish and it left me wanting more. You immediatelly connect with the main character, Seraphina and you are right there with her as she tries to survive a world that doesn't suit her but a world that she belongs to due to her abilities and heritage.
Dark, sensual, challenging and very well written with details of the rules of the world that this takes place that hel
Randa
Sep 04, 2017
Tiffany Villeda
Nov 08, 2018
Ebony Olson
Jan 10, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Mick Loves Books
Sep 27, 2017
Meredith
Nov 16, 2017
Ebony lives in Sydney, Australia, with her husband, daughter, and six cats. She loves to read fantasy, thrillers, and paranormal romance, spending most of her free time with her nose in a book or writing.

Having always possessed an over-active imagination she spent her younger years regaling friends with fantastic stories, holding her audience captive with the passion and suspense of her characters

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...