Start by marking “On the Edge of Death (The Sundered Oath, #2)” as Want to Read:
On the Edge of Death (The Sundered Oath, #2)

On the Edge of Death

(The Sundered Oath #2)

All the Left Hand of Death wants is something to call her own, but is the price too high?

Ellaeva, the fated avatar of the death goddess, is desperate to track down her missing family but the trail is decades old. Instead, she discovers her battered and bloodied sister priestesses driven across the Jerreki border on pain of death. Ellaeva must turn aside from her personal q
ebook
Published April 22nd 2017 by Evolved Publishing

To ask other readers questions about On the Edge of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Edge of Death

Devann

I was supposed to have this done ...oh, over a month ago? But better late than never I guess. So this was definitely better than the first one, but I still couldn't really get into it until about halfway through. I thought the plot was much more interesting this time around. I actually cared about the secrets they were trying to uncover and I think the pacing was better overall. I liked how the villain was reveal
Jessica Bronder
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ellaeva is still looking for her missing family but finds herself wrapped up in the mystery of who is killing off the priestesses of Ahura. Although Alhura has abandoned them months ago. But she is not going to be able to investigate by herself, she only has one person that she trusts to help her, Lyram. But the deeper the mystery goes, the more Ellaeva learns about herself. There is a darkness inside her that would be easy to slip into and never return. Is she strong enough to fight herself and ...more
N.W. Moors
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ellaeva, the battle priestess, is on a quest to enter Jerreki, a land where the rulers have been killing and driving out her fellow priestesses. Turned back at the border, she asks the king of Ahlleyn to send her in secret as part of an embassy that includes Lyram Aharris, a man from her past as well as the hated Prince Drault and the Duchess Narrawen. What they find in Jerreki is unspeakable evil, and Ellaeva and Lyram must put duty and justice above love in order to prevail.
This is the second
Kelshei
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I preface this review with the fact that I rarely give five star ratings. A novel really has to wow me to earn five stars, and this one did. While it does suffer from the fact that it is not a true stand alone novel, and there is a lot that the reader has to read between the lines on if he or she has not read the first book in this series (which I have not), the author has spent so much time creating an internally-consistent world that I was able to readily forgive those flaws. There is a lot to ...more
Emris Lindsay
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This has been a very intense story if I do say so, Ellaeva had one magnitude of a task being the battle priestess of death, justice, and truth, what is a girl to do when she finds the one she loves and he is forbidden as is the law.
The book is packed filled with action, adventure and a bit on the morbid side but exciting and interesting all the same. Lyram was in turmoil wanting his true love, but she was forbidden to him, he couldn't help it ,his feelings ran deep. Even after the betrayal and
C. Gonzales
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is a fantasy novel that is not simply action and adventure and fantasy, it is dark and involved the entire way through. There is a lot going on and these characters go through quite a bit over the course of the novel. I enjoyed that fact. I liked how much we got to experience throughout their journey.

I liked the growth the characters showed in this novel. There wasn't any character who seemed stagnate, which was great.

I think the addition of the darkness was great in this one. It added a
Cami Hensley
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This novel really starts off with a bang and doesnt let up. Ellaeva is a very strong lead and while I didn't always agree with her decisions, I did like her overall as a character.
She has a lot to deal with over the course of this novel.
I loved the way Ciara Ballintyne told the story. It was very well thought out and this really showed through the characters and setting.
A very wonderful Mysterious and Suspenseful Fantasy Novel.
You will definitely want to have plenty of allotted reading time b
Gina Stamper
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
May I say wow?! Ballintyne has taken fantasy to a whole new level. From the start the story line reels you in. You begin to feel emotions as you read through the first chapters and quickly find yourself flipping the next page and before you know it your halfway through!

Absolutely loved this! Wonderful Characters, Beautiful Storyline, Plenty of Action and Suspense throughtout, a well rounded novel.
Bailey Ember
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is a continuation in Ciara Ballintyne's The Sundered Oath series and it is just a great as the first. Ciara makes sure to catch readers up without making them feel bogged down with details from the first.

I felt like I got more of an understanding of the characters in this one. The first in the series was really an introduction and their characters really took off in this one.

Definitely a lot of action going on that will have readers flipping pages furiously.
Samantha Turley
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Dive into a wonderful and imaginative new world with Ciara Ballintyne.
I think that as soon as you start this one, you wont want to stop until you have finished it and then you will want to read more by this author as soon as possible!
It is packed with twists and surprises along the way along with emotional and suspenseful moments.
I enjoyed the characters and the growth they showed throughout the novel as well as the connections between them.
Overall wonderful Epic Fantasy!
Ever Leigh
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is a very imaginative Fantasy. There was a lot of time to get used to the world that Ciara Ballintyne has created, but once I understood the world, I was truly invested.

I liked that this was fantasy but also had many other qualities that made it lovable to readers of other genres as well.
Lara Bahr
Apr 15, 2017
Mark
is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2017
Ciara Ballintyne was born in 1981 in Sydney, Australia, where she lives with her husband, two daughters, one masochistic cat, and one cat with a god complex. She holds degrees in law and accounting, and has been a practising financial services lawyer since 2004. She is both an idealist and a cynic.

She started reading epic fantasy at the age of nine, when she kidnapped Castle of Wizardry by David E

The Sundered Oath (2 books)
  • In the Company of the Dead (The Sundered Oath, #1)