Start by marking “Two Hearts Rescue (Park City Firefighter Romance #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Hearts Rescue (Park City Firefighter Romance #3)

Two Hearts Rescue

(Park City Firefighter Romance #3)

Poppy Mercier is not good enough. At least that what she's always been told and she believes. After tumultuous college years she returns to her hometown of Park City, Utah and soon encounters a handsome young fireman who makes her doubt her own self-doubts.

Slade Powers isn't interested, at least not like that. He's the new guy on the Park City Fire Department and is strug
Kindle Edition, 1, 233 pages
Published January 17th 2017 by Vorpal Words

To ask other readers questions about Two Hearts Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Hearts Rescue

B. D. Mann
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the third book in this five-book series but it works well as a stand-alone book. Having read the two prior novels, for my taste, this is the weakest book in the series so far. On the positive side I really enjoyed the up close and personal glimpses into the day to day life of a firehouse crew. Parts of the book were highly entertaining and I loved the clean romance format. Aside from a number of editing errors that should have been cleaned up prior to publication, the writing was well do ...more
Pam
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Two Hearts Rescue: Park City Firefighter Romance is written by Daniel Banner, Taylor Hart, and Christine Kersey. When one is continually told she isn’t good enough, ultimately, she begins to believe it. Then, just as she is beginning to make some progress, someone comes along and destroyers her again. How does one deal with that? How can one withstand another breakdown?
Poppy Mercier was determined to win against the constant belittling her mother did on her. She could do nothing right or be goo
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This book was okay for me, but not my favorite. I was frustrated by the main character, Slade. I just didn't get the feels for him. I did enjoy the firefighter stuff, the firehouse workings, the way the station team interacted. They came across as real and believable. I would expect that to be the book's strong point with the author being a firefighter himself.

Just a side read, not a full review read for me.

Content: clean, some kissing
Julia Lance
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having been a firefighter's wife for 15+ years I have never wanted to read a firefighter's romance because I live it everyday. I had to give this one a shot though since it was written by a firefighter. Since I am able to see both sides of this life it really says how much of his heart and soul the Author put into this book. I can appreciate it on so many levels. As the wife of a firefighter, as well as someone who frequents personal counseling to better oneself, I love that the Author is able t ...more
Susan K
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romance, clean, very mild faith elements
This was a fun read. DB portrayed the firefighter life well, and made a fun couple and their cute meet and fall with Poppy and Slade. Always love reading two genuine, honest hearts falling for each other. They both had a past, both had hurts and some issues, but as they learned about each other, their relationship grew in a fun way. The crew pulling together to help with some horses was a fun scene, and the accident later in the novel was intense and reali
1.5 stars.

I'm sorry, but I didn't enjoy this one. The h was insecure, constantly having thoughts of inadequacies. The H was so scared of making himself vulnerable to another woman that he hadn't had a relationship or dated anyone in 6 years. I appreciate an H who isn't a tomcat, but that's a little cowardly. Overall, I appreciated the dual povs, how clean this read was, and the totally sweet epilogue, but this was a little too annoying and cheesy in parts for me to really enjoy it.
Christina
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed this book- especially the detail and behind-the-scenes look I got into the workings of a fire station. I found parts of it flat out hilarious, and really connected with some of the self-esteem/worth themes in the book. I did find parts of it to be a bit rushed, as well as some of it a little cheesy, but overall a good book!
Quinn Fforde
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was so surprised by this book! I had been less than thrilled with two other books by other authors in the series, and I wasn't sure how this one would go. I was hooked by the middle of chapter one because Poppy was so brave and funny in the wake of her epic treadmill disaster. She and Slade have some terrific banter, and they toss around allusions to Monty Python and the Princess Bride. I'm all in for that!
The humor was the thing that hooked me, but I also enjoyed the characters. They had
Sara Summers
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun

This was a fun read, and it actually made me laugh out loud a few times. However, there was cheese.

Good heavens, this book was cheesy. So incredibly cheesy. I can handle a little cheese and even enjoy it, but wow... this one might take the cheesecake.

Every time I read one of the “poems” I groaned for the main character. Also, is there anything to poppy other than a bright smile and insecurity? At least she wasn’t writing poems too, I guess.

It was still a good fun read but beware because the c
Ellen White
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Poppy determined to master the trend mill, and the belittling from her mother. She finished school now back with a business. Nothing like seeing firefighters come in to the gym and falling off the machine while looking at them. The one that caught her eye was Slade. This story is about them, he doesn’t want to get involved with anyone again. They bough have hurst, and self doubts, to overcome. The behind look at what goes on at the station was good. The authors books are always good to read
Cheryl
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the inside look into the firehouse. Some of those scenes had me laughing out loud. There was quite a bit of humorous banter between the main characters that I enjoyed. The way the Kangaroo court resolved things confused me, even though I quite enjoyed the humor in that scene. I hope to read the stories for more of these firefighters.
Bibliophile
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clever and witty...

This book starts with the best dialogue ever. Very witty and clever. Love that these characters are very real; that a smile is the attracting feature. Looking forward to more books from this author.
Marilyn Barton
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story of Poppy and Slade. It’s definitely a great story, must read. Slade was afraid to love again after having his heart broken. He actually thought his heart was not able to feel love again but Poppy had other ideas and so they fell in love, great HEA.
Julie Jobe
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Clean read. Wish Slade's decision to go all in for love had felt a little stronger and that love hadn't had to "go on trial" for him to get it. He seemed a mite stubborn and his hard refusal to give in for so long in spite of the things Poppy made him think and feel was kind of sad.
Love
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rebounding Love

No matter how many times we say what we want do the Lord can show you where you need to be and if you brave enough you just might find the love of your life.
Amy
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

I would recommend to everyone! Great read! It was a quick read and I couldn’t put it down until I finished it:
Mel
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a good series. Besides being a quick read, it is also an easy read if you are looking for something light to read.
Kathryn Munsell
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Different

Not what I was expecting at all. The characters are fun and not like other firehouse stories. The love story is different too!
Paula
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

This was such a great story.
I really enjoyed reading this one.
Well Written , emotional, I highly recommend reading this story.
Love this series
Kristine
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I absolutely loved everything about this book. I especially loved Poppy and Slade, my new favorite couple. Fun and clean. Strongly recommend.
Heather Green
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
My favorite one in the series yet! There is something about a male author that makes a woman feel cherished. It was clean, though. No language. No sex. Just goes to show that you don't need that for excellent writing and a satisfying story. I could identify with Poppy in some ways. I love the comraderie and brotherhood that exists among emergency personnel. This was sweet, humorous, and a fun read from start to finish. I had to check out Banner's other books, too. I look forward to more from thi ...more
Suzanne Borcherds
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun and encouraging.

I think that every woman has some body image issues, and this story is encouraging to all to not allow our doubts to stand i the way of healthy relationships.Fun read!
Amanda Caswell
Every once in a while I come across an author that just awes me with the way they use their words and Daniel was certainly one of those. I loved the wit and the depth of the characters, but mostly I loved his use of language and highlighted so many passages just because I loved the way they were written. This book had humor, wit, flawed characters, good description and, of course, clean romance. I will definitely be reading more of his books in the near future.
Marie
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spoiler.....should be book 4.

Another cracking book in the series, however this should be book 4 NOT book 3 as there are spoilers in this for Cam's book which is book 4 - you need to read Rescued by Love before this one.
As with the previous books in the series Poppy and Slade are well written characters, complete with suitcases full of baggage, snark, doubts, sass, heartbreak, self doubt, humour and lust........what more could you ask for in a book?!
Jessica
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Frustratingly beautiful

I identify so much with Kalliope. Being the fat girl, or compared to others and never measuring up in her own mind. Making jokes at herself to cover her insecurities. Been there. And to have her own love, someone who sees HER....2 hearts....one love. Beautiful story!!!!
Jaime
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Clever. Classy. Clean.
I loved the banter between Poppy & Slade.
I didn't want to put the book down once I began!!!
Edith Knott
Jan 14, 2018
Angela
Jul 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Hearts On Fire (Destination Billionaire Romance #4)
  • Rescue Me (Park City Firefighter Romance #1)
  • They Danced on (The Darlings #3)
  • If Not For Thee (Daughters of His Kingdom #3.5)
  • Enduring Light (Borrowed Light #2)
  • Along Came a Prince (The Montevaro Monarchy #2)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance #1)
  • Charming the Cowboy (Grape Seed Falls Romance, #3)
  • The Hidden Target (Robert Renwick, #2)
  • Tripwire (Saint Squad #10)
  • Miss Jacobson's Journey (Rothschild Trilogy, #1)
  • Yesterday's Promise (Hearthfire Scottish Historical, #1)
  • One Enchanted Eve (Enchanted Christmas Collection #2)
  • When Love Arrives (Misty Willow #2)
  • Playing With Fire (Montana Fire, #2)
  • Baron of Emberly (The Feud, #2)
  • Kiss the Bride: Three Summer Love Stories
  • Chasing Fireflies (Power of the Matchmaker)

Park City Firefighter Romance (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Rescue Me (Park City Firefighter Romance #1)
  • Rescue My Heart (Park City Firefighter Romance #2)
  • Rescued by Love (Park City Firefighter Romance #4)
  • Hearts On Fire (Park City Firefighter Romance #5)
  • Reluctant Rescue (Park City Firefighter Romance #6)
  • A Perfect Rescue (Park City Firefighter Romance #7)
  • Rescue and Redemption (Park City Firefighter Romance #8)
  • Married by Christmas (Park City Firefighter Romances, #9)
  • Her Christmas Miracle (Park City Firefighter Romances, #10)
  • Snowed-In for Christmas (Park City Firefighter Romance, #11)