Start by marking “The Memory Watcher” as Want to Read:
The Memory Watcher

The Memory Watcher

When Autumn Carpenter stumbles upon the social media account of the family who adopted her infant daughter years ago, she finds herself instantly drawn into their picture-perfect existence.

From behind a computer screen, Autumn watches Grace's every memory, from birthdays to holidays to bedtime snuggles. But what starts as an innocent fascination spirals into an addictive
Published January 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Memory Watcher, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Anya Maybe Sarah had a brother too.. or maybe Marnie didn't call her by that name because in that case we (readers) would have known it too soon and so the…moreMaybe Sarah had a brother too.. or maybe Marnie didn't call her by that name because in that case we (readers) would have known it too soon and so the author avoided it!(less)
Jeff I don't believe it specifically says where the fictional town where the characters live is located, but on their weekend trip, Daphne says they've…moreI don't believe it specifically says where the fictional town where the characters live is located, but on their weekend trip, Daphne says they've been on the road for 45 minutes when she can begin to see the Manhattan skyline.(less)

Start your review of The Memory Watcher
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-deals
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING. I don't think I'm going to write a full on review, because you should just pick this up and go in blind. Seriously, I'm not sure I've been this into a domestic thriller for quite sometime. This title was included in my Kindle Unlimited membership, but if you'd like to purchase the ebook it's only $3.99 (at the time of this writing). HIGHLY recommended; I just want to talk about nothing but this book for the next week.
Crumb
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Word of Caution: Run Do Not Walk to Your Nearest Book Store to Purchase This Book!

This book may induce feelings of confusion, malingering, force-feeding this to all of your friends, and a possible book hangover

This was a Traveling Sisters group read and I absolutely loved it! I lapped up every single page and I couldn’t put it down. There are several reasons why I adored this book:

1) Secrets
2) Obsession
3) Plot Twists
4) Page-Turner
5) Creepy Child (Think watered down version of “The Bad Seed”)

Dita
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wtf? Every single time I thought I knew what was happening, I was proven wrong. Perfect, engrossing, page turning psychological thriller!
Kaceey
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5*
The chance to step out of your mundane, everyday life and become someone new.
Autumn likes to troll social media. Find interesting people and revamp herself to...well become that person. When she ultimately grows bored of that persona, a new one is just a couple clicks away on her computer.

“It’s exhausting being me!”

The other purpose for surfing the net is to keep a vigilant eye on her daughter, who she gave up at birth.
When the adoptive mom’s family blog goes dark, Autumn ramps up her
Holly  B
Binge Worthy ! Yes, it is that addictive.

The riveting suspense had me losing track of time. I love how a book can keep you alert and completely lost in the story. My mind was spinning with thoughts about each of the characters and trying to figure out just what their angle and motivation was. I knew from the first chapters that I was going to enjoy this twisted journey.

Autumn obsesses over a social media account (similar to Instagram) of a woman, Daphne McMullen, who adopted her newborn
Kendall
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my goodnesss.......!!!

First off I have to say thank you to my kindle for recommending this hidden little gem of a novel to me! I am SOO glad that I came across this book and author. I have to say this is definitely one of my top novels for 2017!!!

Have to start with the cover..... beautiful! And it fits the storyline SOOOO well!!!

Minka Kent thank you for getting me out of my psychological book rut! I have to say I was feeling a little disappointed from all of the books that I have been
Dem
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original and Compelling, a terrific thriller that was suspenseful and twisted

An engaging read from page one, with a fresh and well thought out story line which didn't stay into disbelief territory and a book that I looked forward to picking up each evening.
I love the genre of Thriller/suspense when done well
Barbie
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it

My thoughts in a nutshell
It was a totally random choice, but I'm so glad that I decided to pick it up. I added this one to my TBR because I saw so many great reviews. I started it with extremely limited expectation and I have to say I can agree with all the positive thoughts.
I was dumb and I read two similar thrillers at the same time and it was a hard time to separate them inside my head. Despite my stupidness, I can remember the whole plot vividly.
Nowadays, so many thriller writers choose
Berit☀️✨
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, 2017, audiobooks
Things aren't always as they seem, and in this book nothing was as it seems....
Autumn gave up her baby for adoption at a very young age, but through social media she was able to watch her daughter grow up.... she became a bit obsessed; watching her daughter grow up in the perfect family, with her new perfect mother Daphne.... wow! This book sure was full of lots of twists and turns, lots of things I never saw coming, not sure who was more twisted autumn or Daphne??? This was definitely a good
Mary
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Dear Reader,

Autumn Carpenter is a twenty five year old mother.......except she no longer plays an active part in her baby's life. The baby she gave birth to,some ten years ago,was adopted and is now in the care of someone else.

Being social-media savvy,she locates her little girl,Grace,now being happily raised by the rich and successful McMullen family.

Despite the fact that Grace is happily ensconced in a loving family with two siblings, Autumn cannot fight the maternal urge to be closer to her
Pat
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Maybe I should just avoid these psychological thrillers for a while. Sheesh, I have actually read a handful of really good ones but this, unfortunately, was not one of them. Also unfortunately, so many of them are pretty lame. OK, I think its my fault. I have a very logical brain and the actions taken by many of the characters populating these so-called psch thrillers are really, really dumb!

Although there was a twist - that is, everything you thought you knew through most of the book got blown
Nikki
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My original rating was 4.5, but let’s go all the way to a full blown FIVE didn’t-see-that-coming-at-all rating!

The Memory Watcher is an awesome psychological thriller about a girl named Autumn Carpenter. Autumn gave up her infant daughter at birth. Thanks to the world of social media, Autumn finds her daughter’s adoptive family. Through the social media site, Instaface (basically like Faux Instagram), Autumn follows her daughter’s adoptive mother, Daphne, and keeps tabs on their wonderful,
Lisa
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-loved
I have just finished The Memory Watcher by Minka Kent & I must say this is the best Psychological thriller I have read in a long time its the best book I have read in this genre.
I wont go into a full review as there is so much in this novel that blew my mind, the characters were so dysfunctional in both couples I was turning the pages as fast as I could to find out what was happening with each person lets just say its a very well written psychological thriller that kept me engaged with each
Amy
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2017
I have to thank my girl Chelsea for putting this one on my radar, her Goodreads review caught my eye and she has excellent taste so I snagged a copy and I am SO happy I did! This was pure entertainment, one of the most enjoyable books I’ve read in awhile and had all the things I look for in a psychological thriller.

The less you know the better here, so if the description intrigues you I say give it a shot. It’s told via dual narratives, it flips from Autumn to Daphne and both viewpoints were
Zannie
It is hard to believe that The Memory Watcher by Minka Kent is a debut novel. Woah, I was seriously impressed.

Ten years ago, Autumn Carpenter gave up her baby for adoption. And one day, she magically finds her on Instaface. (Picture Instagram!). The reason I phrase it that way is that we don't know how she located her. We just know that she did.

By way of Instaface, Daphne and Graham McMullen have the picture-perfect life, with the picture-perfect children, in the picture-perfect house, complete
Bonnie Shores
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
From the summary of this book, you might think it's going to be something like "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle," the story of a psychotic woman, bent on revenge, who becomes a nanny for the family she thinks ruined her life.

description

It's not like that at all. Autumn knows she did the right thing by giving her baby daughter up for adoption. She wanted a better life for her than she could provide. But Autumn never forgot about her baby girl and, one day, she finds her—the star of Daphne McMillen's
Becky Baldridge
Jan 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was looking forward to a good, suck you in, psychological thriller, but this one didn't do it for me. For me, there really needs to be at least one character that is likable and that I want to root for. I didn't find that with any of these characters. I struggled to get through so much of it, and for the first several chapters, all I saw were a bunch of people with sad lives. I like an intro and some lead-in to the characters but when you come to chapter 10 and all you have is a sad girl with ...more
Bridget
Unbelievable. And not unbelievable like "wow! This is so great it's unbelievable!" No, it is "say what??!! That doesn't mesh." Unbelievable, inconsistent, and just not what I thought it would be. The emotions don't match the actions, something is said in one chapter and completely contradicts the statement a chapter or two later. The MC is annoying as hell, the "twist" predictable and the ending just doesn't jive. I felt like I was reading a few different books all at the same time. ...more
Bren
Cannot believe this was the author's first book. This was such a smooth and well written book Loved it. Unputdownable.

This was actually a book club selection and I can say it was one of the best. Part Mystery, part character study, part family drama there is not anything about The Memory Watcher that I did not like.

SPOILERS:

The ending just wowed me. Usually, or at least frequently, I can see a twist coming even if I cannot always predict the twist. I had no idea what was coming here and the
Pria
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
One of the many books I enjoyed ...up until the ending
Dear authors, if your not sure how to end the book
wait till you do
Boris Feldman
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: unable-to-finish
Did you know that you can get a REFUND from Kindle for books that are so bad that you can't finish them? Go to Manage Kindle Content. Valid for 7 days.
This book, The Memory Watcher, is a pastiche of recent "Girl" hits -- a chapter here, a character there. It is the literary equivalent of a Chinese restaurant menu, Column A, etc., sans the fortune cookie at the end.
Shawna P.
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wait....this a debut novel?! You have got to be kidding me. I really look forward to Minka Kent's next novel!

Autumn Carpenter is living a life of regret, but in the best possible way. At age 15 she gave away her baby for adoption and after some searching found her. Rather than live away from her daughter, she gets to watch her grow up in the comfort of her own place. After living vicariously through the adoptive parents lives, she sets out to be a role in her daughters life.

This book had so
BIBLIOMANIAC MJ
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars...book took a disappointing direction towards the end.
Jessica
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The premise of The Memory Watcher caught my attention and I really wanted to read this one. You can see this kind of thing happening in reality since we are becoming a society heavily relying on social media. Is social media a good thing or bad thing? That’s up to you to decide.

This is the Minka Kent’s debut and it’s a good one! I look forward to her future novels. There are constant twists in The Memory Watcher and
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
Well...that ended unexpectedly.

More thoughts to come when I figure out exactly how I feel about that ending.
Nicolette Molina
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I thought I knew what was going on and then twists and turns! this book was so wonderfully written and captivating. The ending came completely from left field... Wow wow wow!
Rae
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Well...This was just ok for me. I wanted to really like this one, especially after I read so many 4 and 5 star reviews. I didn't dislike anything in particular but it just never really grabbed me. The best part of the book wasn't until the very very end and I felt like it was rushed. So....Maybe next time.
Ally
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
- So addictive! Read in one sitting. I’m glad I ordered this author’s other book, The Perfect Roommate at the same time. ...more
Liz Barnsley
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Really thoroughly enjoyed this well written, mostly well plotted psychological thriller - I purchased it off the back of reading several good reviews and it was well worth it.

So we have Autumn, who watches closely the family that adopted her daughter - she insinuates herself into every part of their lives. But sometimes golden lives hide dark secrets as Autumn is about to discover.

For the most part I was highly fascinated by this one, especially the characters. Autumn is a chameleon, she fits

• You Have To Believe Me
  • Best Friends Forever
  • Every Single Secret
  • The Ex
  • The Perfect Lie
  • Jane Doe (Jane Doe, #1)
“I exist wholly in this space he has created, this space where I’m the most wonderful thing he’s ever loved, and he’s the only man I ever want to be with.” 1 likes
“breathes me in and cups my face, and just like that, he’s mine again. His attention belongs to me. His body belongs to me. I possess him and he possesses me. And I’m never letting go . . .” 1 likes