Start by marking “Troublemaker (Playmaker Duet, #.25; Prescott Family, #2; Love In All Places, #3)” as Want to Read:

Troublemaker (Prescott Family #1.5)

For years, I've lived in my big brothers' shadows. Heck, I've lived in my sisters' shadows as well.

It comes with being the baby of the Prescott family.

In two years, I'll be eligible for the NHL Entry Draft.
In two years, the world is going to know Porter Prescott for what I can bring to the table, not as the kid brother of San Diego Enforcers, Caleb and Jonny Prescott.

I ha
Published (first published October 3rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Troublemaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troublemaker

Paige
Jan 03, 2017 Paige rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 "Just Starting" Stars

This is just the beginning of Porter's story but this quick little novella gives quite a punch! After having met Porter in the previous installment of the Prescott Family series, I was excited to see what the youngest was up to. And I love that he surprised me.

Tired of following in his families' footsteps, he wants to break free. Yet as he struggles, he realizes more about his family than he expected. Plus little Porter was turned out not to be so little and I'm really exc
Lady Heather

**Warning: Recommended for ages 18+ due to explicit language and sexual situations.

"5 - finding your own path stars!"

I absolutely adored Porter's story!

This novella features the youngest child of Noah and Ryleigh Prescott who we were introduced to in From the Beginning.

This story is of Porter's journey from the age of 16-18 years of age.
Porter's journey is not an easy one.
He comes from a very close, tight-knit family of extremely talented hockey players and over-achievers.
There is also an e
Sybil aka Lala
Oct 10, 2016 Sybil aka Lala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book in the series. This is weird because this is only a sort of prologue novella to Porter Prescott’s full length book. But the author has managed to pack so much into only little less than a hundred pages. My attention was held from the very first sentence in the prologue, but it was from the first chapter that this kid captured my heart.

Porter is the baby of the family. Desperate to step out of the shadow of his larger than life family and to be seen as an individual in h
Christine
Feb 03, 2017 Christine rated it it was amazing
Trouble Maker by Mignon Mykel is a prequel for her upcoming Playmaker Duet giving us the backstory on the youngest Prescott in the household: Porter. Porter is the baby of the family and has been living in the shadow of his father and older brothers, always being held up to the standard of his NHL caliber family. Emotional at times, you really feel for Porter but also he can find trouble without a stitch of help too. This felt like a realistic story for the age of Porter and his friends and not ...more
A
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review :)

what a great addition to the series :) I was surprised by how much I adored this novella about Porter :) full review on the day of the release :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got the ARC of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review and I am actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it ;) but even though I loved it so much, this review will probably be the shortest one I have ever written... because not only the
Charlene Petryshyn
I love hockey and I love romances, so this book was perfect. Teenage antics along with friends and girls has Porter definitely seeing his share of trouble, so it was good to see things start to fall into place for him. This was a great back story for the upcoming books that will continue Porter's story in the Playmaker Duet...can't wait!
Jackie Ziegler
Apr 05, 2017 Jackie Ziegler rated it really liked it
Porter the baby of the family just can't seem to keep himself out of trouble

This is a novella giving us a good look a Porter

good background of the baby of the family, can't wait to see what his story holds
Lourdes
Mar 25, 2017 Lourdes rated it really liked it
Porter is the youngest of the Prescott siblings and feels that he's always lived in the shadows of his brothers and sisters. As a teenager, he gets in quite a deal of trouble which could jeopardize his dream of being drafted to the NHL as soon as he's eligible and walking out of those shadows.
This story will give us an inside view of Porter and his last 2 years in HS, the decisions he makes and how these will affect and shape his future.
It's a good and fast read that will provide a god deal of i
Teri
Jan 22, 2017 Teri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this look at Porter the baby of the group thru 16-18 years of age. We get a glimpse of him going thru the normal teenager blues made worse by having siblings and a parent already paving the way to greatness in Hockey and him bringing up the rear as the youngest of the clan. No the ending isn't the happily ever after we are used to getting it is the happy he survived long enough to show some maturity and direction and make his own way in a family where he stumbled before.

Great s
Kerri Haberman
Mar 16, 2017 Kerri Haberman rated it it was amazing
This is our introduction of Porter, the troublemaker! Oh boy, does he ever live up to that moniker! However, Ports is sooo much more! He is caring, sweet and loves spending time with family! Being the baby of the family he struggles to find his spot in a line of greatness. He feels like a disappointment when he is anything but a disappointment. I can't wait to see more of Porter after he meets HER! If you haven't met HER check out Breakaway!
FunUndertheCovers
I love hockey and I love romances, so this book was perfect for me. Teenage antics along with friends and girls has Porter definitely seeing his share of trouble, so it was good to see things start to fall into place for him. This was a great back story for the upcoming books that will continue Porter's story in the Playmaker Duet...can't wait!
FeeMac
Jan 29, 2017 FeeMac rated it it was amazing
Great read. To me it highlighted the feelings and insecurities of living in older sibling's shadows and choosing the right "tribe" to surround yourself with. It was fantastic to see Porter step out of those shadows and into the man that I'm sure will make the next book Altercation a riveting read
Melissa Pascoe
Mar 12, 2017 Melissa Pascoe rated it it was amazing
Porter Prescott... what can I say. Porter's story is aptly titled Troublemaker. Within the first few pages, you'll completely understand why.

As the youngest his living in everyone's shadow and determined to break free.

Again all the Prescotts make an appearance. Or maybe it's more like a mainstay? Either way, I love how Caleb and Syd are still and till round- as well as all the other siblings.

I thought I loved Caleb (I do) but man... Porter. Sigh.
Mar 01, 2017 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Great Read!

This was the first book I read in the Prescott family. This novella was very good. I enjoyed watching Porter grow up and mature. The family dynamic is awesome! I can't wait to pick up the rest of the series!
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an unbiased review.

Troublemaker accomplished exactly what it set out to do. It gave me a glimpse of Porter Prescott's teenage years that lead him to where he is today. This short novella made me understand his thinking and crave the rest of the story. I loved getting to know Porter and can't wait to find out how he connects with the woman he falls for. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of Port
Carole
Oct 02, 2016 Carole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
Many thanks to the author for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This story is solely about Porter from age 16 to 18. We were briefly introduced
to him in the first story of the Prescotts.
Porter was always getting into trouble and he wanted to make his own mark
in hockey apart from his illustrious hockey family.Everyone in this family
seems to excel at hockey and being the youngest in the family, you can see
how he feels over shadowed by his siblings.
Enter his friends.
Just like a teenager st
Vicki
Oct 03, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 trouble making stars.

This novella see's the turn of "baby" Prescott aka Porter, it was a light hearted and warming read that you connect to well although Porter is still in school and a typical kid getting into trouble that brings a smile to your face as he works out his own path in life while trying to live up his family's stature.
It is well written and the story flows well throughout as always these novellas leave you wanting so much more and I can't wait for more of Porters story.
Brooklyn
Nov 13, 2016 Brooklyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Porter finally gets the start of his story. Trouble Maker is a short novella that sets up Porter in his late high school years. There's a lot of insight on how he feels about living in his familiy's shadow and his need to make his own name for himself. Of course he goes through some tough days like all teens do but it's all about growing up and moments that shape you. I can't wait for Porter's story to continue.
Isabella Bazz
Aug 22, 2016 Isabella Bazz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ToubleMaker Mignon Mykel
ARC for honest opinion. I enjoy reading Mignon's books and this one is no exception
Part of the Prescott hockey family series. This book is the
Pre-quel to Porter's story. Getting to know what was on his mind during his teenage years and why he was getting into so much trouble. Interacting a bit more with the rest of the family.
Robert Fahr
Robert Fahr rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2017
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2017
Patty  (Bookish Wanderlove)
Patty (Bookish Wanderlove) rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Cat Parisi
Cat Parisi rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2017
Donna McCombs
Donna McCombs rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2017
Jackie Ziegler
Jackie Ziegler rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2017
ᴹᴼᴿᴳᴬᴺ
Baby Brother Prescott!

Continuing the story of Porter Prescott, the troublemaker is a nice breath of air. A short novella that told the prequel of Porter's life before he meets Asher. An awesome read and I'm totally in love with the Prescott boys!
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2017
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: New book to series 3 130 Aug 16, 2016 07:25PM

Prescott Family (4 books)
  • Interference (Prescott Family, #1; Love In All Places, #1)
  • Breakaway (Playmaker Duet, #0.5; Prescott Family, #3; Love In All Places, #5)
  • Altercation (Playmaker Duet, #1; Prescott Family, #4; Love In All Places, #6)
  • Holding (Playmaker Duet, #2; Prescott Family, #5; Love In All Places, #11)