Start by marking “Interference (Prescott Family, #1; Love In All Places, #1)” as Want to Read:
Interference (Prescott Family, #1; Love In All Places, #1)

Interference (Prescott Family #1)

Now includes Caleb and Sydney's wedding story, Beauty!

There's only one thing he wants to do

Having grown up in a hockey family, Caleb Prescott knows better than most the ins and outs of a season.
If there's one thing he has vowed to stick by, it's that he's there to play the game, not be the face gracing media.

Sydney Meadows is finishing up her degree and decides to intern w
Published by Mignon Mykel (first published August 8th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Interference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interference

Sabrina
Jun 29, 2016 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

It's rare to come across a super cute story that can captivate me as much as a suspense would, but this author somehow kept me intrigued throughout this whole story with no problem.

Caleb and Sydney were two very different people, her a college student trying to make her way into the world, and him an already mega successful hockey player.Their differences are what made them work so well together, though. I loved seeing how they came together and could both put their worries behind them, at least
Paige
Aug 03, 2016 Paige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 "Caleb" Stars

If there was ever a perfect hero, Caleb is it. As soon as I read the synopsis I was ready for an angsty journey with Caleb and Sydney and I definitely got that. But I was also given the swooniest hero. I finished this book a while ago and I still get a smile on my face when I think about it. From the very start to the very end, Sydney and Caleb's relationship kept me anticipating what was coming next and continually falling in love with a hero who found his soul mate in the unlike
Patty  (Bookish Wanderlove)
** 5 I LOVED IT stars **
"After a stressful day of exams, I was ready for a glass of chocolate wine. Whoever decided to put chocolate and wine together in one glass was a freaking genius."

-----------------------------------------

Swoon <3

Interference Teaser 1

After reading From the Beginning (Prescott #0.5) back in Apri
Jessica Alcazar
In the interest of full disclosure, I DNF From the Beginning when it was offered to me as an ARC for review. I tried. Like REALLY tried. Made it up to Chapter 11 and just could go no further. Honestly. I just wanted to poke my eyes out with an ice pick ... For personal reasons, I did not sit down and list off every single thing I felt was wrong with the book. I knew it was Mignon Mykel's first novel and I also knew that it was years in the making. And that it had been thoroughly revised from its ...more
Lady Heather
Aug 04, 2016 Lady Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, NA

**A copy of this ARC has been provided by IndieSagePR in exchange for an honest review

photo Interference-Cover.png

Synopsis: Hockey’s most eligible bachelor must run interference to get the one girl he can’t have.

Sydney:
I’d never even heard of Caleb Prescott, God’s gift to hockey. Who watches hockey anyways? Not me, I’m too busy with college and work. My part-time just for fun job has now asked me to recruit this player for a new dating show. Sounds easy enough. . .until he insists I become part of the show.

Caleb:
I only ag
Heroesinbooks
I haven't read a book with the theme of a dating show before. I picked this up because it was about a hockey hottie called Caleb Prescott. He finds himself agreeing to participate in a TV show where he is the guy choosing from 20 gorgeous girls all vying for his attention. When you read the book you can really see how this is so NOT a typical thing for Caleb to do. He only does it because his attention is peaked by a pretty redheaded show casting assistant, Sydney.
I really liked both their char
Carmen Rae
When I read the blurb for this I expected there to be a lot of angst and heartbreak. I think I always go into sports books expecting a really alpha, man-whore, player type of guy who acts a little like god’s gift to all women but redeems himself throughout the book. And when I read about the game show angle I was even more convinced that was what I was going to get.

And while I have read a few romance novels based on dating show themes I can say this one was entirely not what I expected. I figur
Renee
Jul 24, 2016 Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sydney is a hard working college girl. She's been asked to recruit Caleb Prescott, world famous hockey player, for a new dating show. She's never heard of Caleb and isn't a hockey fan. On their first meeting they are instantly attracted to one another but Sydney has a job to do. Caleb however puts a condition on doing the show. Sydney must spend the first week on the cruise ship before the contestants arrive. Caleb's got one week t
Christine
Aug 06, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interference by Mignon Mykel is a sexy sports romance with a twist. Sidney, soon to be college graduate, gets an amazing opportunity to co-cast a reality dating show. When given the task to get star NHL player Noah 'Caleb' Prescott to star in the project Sidney doesn't blink twice and convinces Caleb to sign on. Caleb is blown away by the pushy red head Sidney. The last thing he ever thought he'd be doing in the off season is a reality dating show but getting a chance to spend time with Sidney i ...more
London
Writing was a bit amateurish and the characters spent way too much time in their head. It took me forever to finish it and even then I had to start skimming.
A
ARC received in exchange for an honest review :)

I had so much fun reading this book :) even with the tiny issues I had, the overall awesomeness totally won ;) and the hero is a hockey player ;) and you should all know by now that they are my favourite athletes to read about... ;) I loved the main couple and so many secondary characters :) definitely looking forward to see what's gonna happen in future stories :) full review on my stop at the blog tour :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got the A
Sybil aka Lala
Oct 10, 2016 Sybil aka Lala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my second read from Mignon Mykel and my second taste of a Prescott man. There are many Hockey Romance series out there but this one is unique. Unique because it revolves around one family of hockey players but also because Mykel writes in a style that lends an old school kind of charm and sweetness that you just don’t find in contemporary romance anymore.

Caleb is not a typical hockey star. He’s not cocky or rude. He doesn’t have an overinflated ego and he’s not a manwhore. Instead he’s a
Emily
When Sydney gets the call from her part time job that they want her to do the casting, she is thrilled a reality show though, not so much. Regardless, she decides she is going to do the job to the best of her ability and first off is getting their number one choice Caleb Prescott to sign on as the bachelor.

Caleb has no interest in being the prize for a dating show, that is until he meets Sydney and he blurts a yes. The one condition, get Sydney on the ship for a week before shooting begins. Syd
Jackie Ziegler
Apr 05, 2017 Jackie Ziegler rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!

While there isn't really much hockey in this story the love story between Caleb and Sydney is awesome. I found myself so engrossed in the book that I finished it in one sitting.

Can't wait to read more of the Prescott Family and see what else Mignon comes up with.
Pervy Ladies Book Blog
GUYS! I cried. Well, technically, I teared up but Mignon Mykel brought liquid from my eyes! It is a running joke that I have a black heart and don’t get affected by books very easily. Well, Mignon, you did it! You have me choking up and I produced a few real tears! Interference kept my heart racing ( in more ways than one but we will get to that!) and kept me silenting praying to the book gods.

Caleb Prescott is all male and all hockey, all the time. He lives, eats, and breathes hockey, hockey,
Mignon Mykel
Aug 08, 2016 Mignon Mykel rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am so incredibly excited to bring Caleb's story to life! I first came up with it December 10, 2008. How do I know this? My aunt got married on the first day of our cruise, 12/8/08. I walked the decks with my cousin Nikki, trying to figure out Caleb's book exactly, and what order the other siblings would be. There were also a number of other books that were meant to be written on Noah's time playing with the NHL Enforcers, but Noah and Ryleigh's kids wanted books much more than Noah's teammates ...more
Jill
Jul 26, 2016 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book with many twists that kept me captivated til the end. I really enjoyed the storyline and plot. Just enough spice but not too much.
Aug 10, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Cute book. Different kind of sports book.
Katie Blythe
Mar 13, 2017 Katie Blythe rated it it was amazing
***Review has been done with conjunction with Nerd Girl Official***

Noah Caleb Prescott is a very talented hockey player. In fact, most of his family plays hockey professionally and are all very talented. He’s in such a good place professionally and personally so he has no plans to settle down right away. Plus, having a partner would just complicate things, he’d be traveling all over the world and his girlfriend or wife would be stuck at home. He never minded his childhood when his dad would be a
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I happened across this book on a Facebook post when it was free on Amazon. I hadn't heard of the author before, but the cover looked like a cute contemporary romance so I downloaded it.

What I didn't expect was for Interference to hold my attention as well as it did--to the point where I did nothing but spend the day with Caleb and Sydney. So yeah, I have a bone to pick with the author because now I'm really behind on my essay deadlines for uni!

Anyway, Interference was a great read. I loved the s
Lori Craig
Feb 23, 2017 Lori Craig rated it it was amazing
A really good take on contemporary romance, I really enjoyed Caleb and Sydney's journey. Mignon has done a very good job of keeping the reader fully engaged in the story and wondering how it will work out. Great read!
Leighanne Cooper nottingham
Loved it!!!

Caleb and Sydney.... I loved them from the beginning....such a great story...very fast read due to not being able to put it down....
Pinky ✩ (Isaboe of Monts)
this was super cute. i think my only problem was the lack of hockey, I Want Hockey!
Kerri Haberman
Sydney and Cael's story is sooo good! Caleb is a hockey forward for the Enforcers who prefers to stay out of the celebrity highlight. He just wants to play hockey! Syd is a note taking overachiever who thrives at research. She has the task of recruiting Caleb for a "dating show" (she thinks they are soo fake) when the 2 meet he feels a connection between them that has him wanting to get to know her. She is a bit reluctant to start up a relationship with him; after all he is the male contestant i ...more
Brandi
Mar 19, 2017 Brandi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved the book. Caleb didn't have the super bad boy persona and that was refreshing. Sometimes just a guy not looking for love and finding it, is just as good. Cannot wait to read about the rest of the Prescott family.
Liza Mooney
Feb 12, 2017 Liza Mooney rated it liked it
I adored the storyline of this book. The banter between the main characters flowed well.
Marcella
I have found my new book boyfriend in Caleb Prescott. He is one of the best written book heroes I have ever read. Reading the description of the book, I could tell this one was going to be an emotional journey for Caleb and Sydney. From start to finish, this book had me wondering and waiting with bated breath where the journey of Caleb and Sydney would take them. One thing was for certain, I fell in love with Caleb over and over again while reading this book.

Sydney Meadows is a recent college gr
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
I have to admit Interference caught my eye with two words in its synopsis: hockey player. I cannot resist a romance with a hockey player as one of the main characters. Hockey romances are one of my favorites! That's pretty funny considering I don't even follow hockey, but there's just something about them.

Interference was different from other hockey romances I've read. Instead of revolving around a college or professional hockey season setting, it took place in the off-season. There weren't real
FeeMac
Jan 26, 2017 FeeMac rated it it was amazing
With genuine characters that are hard not to love Interference is a novel that is funny, witty with an engaging story of two very different people coming together. One of my favourite quotes "it was like Love Boat meets The Bachelor" The writing flows making it very easy to turn the page to see how their story evolves
Brooklyn
Aug 03, 2016 Brooklyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**** 4.5 STARS ****

This was such a great book. I loved how first Caleb and Sydney grow such a sweet and fun friendship. They laugh and hang out and are completely themselves because they have no expectations. But then those fun friendship feelings turn flirty and then into more.

"I didn’t feel the need to fill the silence with small talk, or worried that I needed to put on my pro-athlete, media face with Sydney, and I found it refreshing. I barely knew the girl but everything simply felt right."

T
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Two Books to Update Cover 7 25 Sep 18, 2016 10:44AM

Prescott Family (4 books)
  • Breakaway (Playmaker Duet, #0.5; Prescott Family, #3; Love In All Places, #5)
  • Altercation (Playmaker Duet, #1; Prescott Family, #4; Love In All Places, #6)
  • Holding (Playmaker Duet, #2; Prescott Family, #5; Love In All Places, #11)