Start by marking “Doom and Broom (Spellbound #2)” as Want to Read:
Doom and Broom (Spellbound #2)

Doom and Broom

(Spellbound #2)

Welcome to Spellbound, where paranormal is the new normal.

Emma Hart hasn’t had a moment’s peace since her arrival in Spellbound. Her fear of heights hits an all-time high when she’s tasked with mastering a broomstick. It doesn’t help that Lady Weatherby seems determined to make basic witch training feel more like the magical ninja warrior championships.

When a werewol
Published January 21st 2017 by Red Palm Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Doom and Broom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doom and Broom

Elisa
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to Spellbound indeed !!!!!

Emma Hart has had a very busy and interesting beginning in Spellbound and her life doesn’t look like its going to calm down anytime soon and that just add to the adventure doesn’t it lol.

I love all the characters the whole town of Spellbound is just wonderful and I am really loving this series.

I’m wondering if Emma will ever love flying either on her broomstick or in Daniels arms, I know which I would prefer lol.
Sheryl
This book was even more fun than the first. Broomstick flying class was especially funny. I solved the mystery easily once we were told the cause of death, but it was still fun nonetheless. This book is a light, fun quick read (or listen, in my case). The audiobook was nicely narrated by Emily Lawrence who does a good job with all of the voices of the different supernatural characters.
Mo
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: faves
This series is amazing! I urge anyone to read this series if this is your genre. Great writing and a MC who isn't a flighty woman helps. She's a wee bit infatuated with Daniel, but whoooo wouldn't be??
✨ Gramy ✨

I crave being immersed in a different world and discovering magical adventures, which this series is able to deliver. After the slow introduction of the first book of introduction, this book was able to capture my attention and compel me to continue to read on.

Each page turn brings new insight into the supernatural beings in this paranormal world. Yet the heroine survives by comparing this magical world with the human world she has left behind. Her new roommate is playful and fascinating.

In thi
Sarah Leenart
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series is turning out to be like a personal dose of medicine. I can't count how may times this book made me laugh and that in itself has to be a great thing. Not a particularly mind bending mystery but that is not what this series is about. Pure, sparkling fun that just might be addictive.
Imjussayin
Doom or Broom - Spellbound 2
An easy 3.5 stars

In A Nutshell: Emma Hart who it turns out is a lawyer, and a witch has a crush on Daniel the fallen angel. And Daniel is under suspicion for the death of a female werewolf he befriended. A warm and charming read into a fascinating fantasy world.

The Plot: Who killed Jolene the werewolf betrothed to Alex (natural successor to the pack) by arranged marriage?

The Protagonist(s):Emma is a feisty, fun, self-deprecating character. She also has a strong mora
Susan Ballard
Doom and Broom
By Annabel Chase
3⭐

This book is the second of the Spellbound Paranormal Cozy Mystery Series. It is a break from the heavy, more cerebral reads, yet fun and still very witty.

In the first of the series, Curse the Day, Emma Hunt finds herself trying to save a seemingly suicidal, fallen angel. In doing so she lands in the “cursed” town of Spellbound. Where mythical and magical creatures of all kinds reside and work, unfortunately for these creatures- there is no leaving Spellbound. Hum
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Haunted Bookshelf

Life just keeps getting more interesting as Emma settles into her new life as the newest witch in town. There’s been another murder and this time it looks like her friend Daniel, the fallen angel is going to be the scapegoat for one stubborn, lazy sheriff. So not happening on her watch.

In addition to her new witch schooling, learning to fly a broomstick with a definite fear of heights, Emma is also searching for clues as to who the real killer of werewolf Jolene is.
 J Alm
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Werewolves and a surprise

Emma Hart is back once again from Spellbound.

This time she has to take on the challenge of learning to fly a broom. Coupled with the fact that an apparent suicide is actually murder but in the domain of the werewolves who are less than forthcoming. Daniel her friendly neighbourhood angel is put into the mix.

Along with her first trial of an 18 year old berserker. She has her hands full.

Training is getting more difficult but this time in class she got two spells correct bu
Kristen
This is a light fun easy reading magical cozy series, and I enjoy it.

I find the premise - a cursed town of paranormal people who are stuck in the town limits - to be clever and offer lots of opportunity for new stories.

The variety of creatures is interesting, and I look forward to learning more about their species as the series continues. Centaurs, gorgons, fairies, vampires, witches and werewolves, just to name a few. It is an interesting mix, and includes creatures you don't see a lot of even
Relina Skye
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Doom and Broom" by Annabel Chase is the second book in the "Spellbound Paranormal Cozy Mystery" series. Emma is still adjusting to her new life in Spellbound. As a remedial witch, she has to pass each of her classes in order to complete her training. This includes learning how to fly on a broomstick. For the other witches, this doesn't seem to be a big deal. But for Emma, it makes her a nervous mess. If that wasn't enough to keep her stomach tied up in knots, Daniel is the suspect in a murder i ...more
Michelle
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book continues the story of Emma Hart; lawyer, witch, and hopefully soon a broom extraordinaire. Too bad she is afraid of heights! Chaos ensues when werewolf, Jolene is found dead at home and the pack does not want outside help and angel Daniel is the prime suspect. Emma finds a way around by doing what she does best-compassion. Add on a rebellious teenager and a romeo vampire and she has her plate full.
The best part about Annabel's stories about Emma Hart is the fact that she was thr
Jeanne Brewer
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Series continues to parallel Starry Hollow series...

Let's see now. We have a witch with virtually no family who grew up in the human world (PA instead of NJ, tho). She discovered she was a witch and began lessons in basic witchery under the thumb of a very bossy and authoritative witch who makes her life difficult. She is torn between two men, a vampire and (changeup!) an angel. Her local sheriff does not want her help to solve crimes and is not nice about it. This heroine has no daughter and ot
Megan
Lorenzo Mancini
Alex Ricci
----------------------------------
What happens?
A werewolf due to be married to the next alpha of the werewolf pack is found dead in her kitchen. Emma steps into action to prove Daniel wasn't the last one to see her alive and didn't kill her.
The magical side of her life is also going swimmingly with her natural disaster luck maki
Krystyna
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who blew the big bad wolf over?

Terrific read. A witch has to ride her broomstick - doesn't she. Possibly not when you're afraid of heights and tend to vomit in stressful situations. That's why the new case of the dead shifter has her eagerly perusing the details. Okay it throes her against the sheriff again but she feels that the true details have yet to see the light of day. The characters just get better and better with her growing friendship with the other students and inhabitants of the town
Angie
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!

Loved the easy read and likable characters. It a series, but this book is great on its own.

There’s another death in Spellbound, and Daniel the Fallen Angel is a suspect. Emma Hart the new Spellbound public defender/witch has to help her friend before Sheriff Hugo finds Daniel and tries to blame him. Her new chaotic life is bust with trying to defend a teenager from vandalism, save her friend, learn witch craft, deal with her ghost vampire and monster cat as roommates, and deal with her
Tere Fredericks
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice Continuation of Series

Ella, our witch/lawyer, is settling in in Spellbound. I think she is having a spot of difficulty with all the different mystical creatures.

There is one part of being a witch that Emma can't tolerate. A major part. It will be interesting to see how she manages it.

Again a murder the sheriff couldn't solve. Emma, with the help of her poker playing girlfriends, figures it out just in time.

Cute characters, unless you have a strong imagination, then sexy hunky characters, a
Victoria Birckbichler
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I am just starting book 3 in this series; I am really enjoying it. Ms. Chase's style puts me in mind of Charlene Harris. I hope not to offend the author should she read this (eek!), I think her style is geared more to the young adult reader ... it's plainly spoken and does not take a lot of brain power to digest (like stay Anne Rice). I was engaged from the first page, and am greatly enjoying the lighter, comical prose.

A plus, is this is a series I can share / read alongside my mature Tween and
Mike Lewis
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Great story with a great cast of characters. Mythical town in Pennsylvania that is hidden out in the middle of the forest and is full of magical people. Which is wizards werewolves angels fairies and multitudes of other mythical creatures living in small-town America. Where they are trapped and cannot leave but life goes on. Check out the mystery and every book and watch them solve it and figure out who done it very entertaining and well worth the read.
Kay Hudson
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, e-books
This is such a charming series. In this installment Emma deals with learning to fly a broomstick (despite her extreme fear of heights and a tendency to airsickness), defending a teenage Berserker on a charge of vandalism, and investigating the suspicious death of a female werewolf before Sheriff Hugo (a centaur) can arrest fallen angel Daniel for the crime. Emma's remedial witch classmates pitch in to help, Gareth the vampire ghost spills a secret or two, and Sedgewick the owl complains a lot.
Kat Klein
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Emma is settling in to life in Spellbound and learning how to be a witch, and a public defender. Once again the mystery portion of the book seems almost secondary to the storyline, which makes it a little tough to think of it as a cozy mystery... but the story is still fun and entertaining. Definitely worth reading, especially if you want a lighthearted easy read
Patrea Beard
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as first.

I am pleased that I found this new series. I hope future books show more about Emma's possible family coven (I'm sure they will but I write this meaning NOW. lol)

Best endorsement I can give is that as soon as I finish this review I'm downloading book 3.
So happy reading of enjoyable non graphic cozy semi mysteries.
Jill
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Death!

Emma Hart is back and she has to ride a broom. Can you say disaster in the making? She is afraid of heights so this is going to be interesting and it is. Then there is a death and more time to nose in.

Read to find out how Emma does in her broom lessons and to find out who died and why.
Lyn Jenkins
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not so much about the dead.

This episode while interesting, didn't seem to focus on any one thing. I feel it was used as a way to advance Emma 's friend circle. The death of an unknown werewolf puts Daniel under suspicion, Emma has more trouble at ASS Academy and still finds time to do her job as defence attorney.
Michele Cantrell
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A witch is afraid of heights - how can she fly a broom? Emma needs to pass her broomstick test and she gets sick from heights... Meanwhile a local werewolf is murdered and the sheriff wants to pin it on Emma's friend Daniel. Can Emma clear her name? Can she pass the broomstick test? This is a fun series to read!
Alicia Williams
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you like Lilian Jackson Braun's The Cat Who series, you'll love Spellbound. They're fun and light mysteries with a paranormal backdrop.

Emma is confused about why a werewolf would kill herself right before her wedding. And she has to learn how to keep down her lunch if she's going to get her Broomstick Permit.
Dawn Gee
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun continuation of series

Emma is trying to accept life trapped in Spellbound. She's doing her best at becoming a witch, a good lawyer and an exceptional citizen. Just like book 1 this book gets slow in the middle but push through to the end because that's the best part of the book. I hope Emma finds out more about her heritage.
Mist Willingham
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could be trite, but isn’t

There are so many series with the premise that someone finds out they are magical at age 25, but this series is a delightful entry in the genre. I look forward to reading them all!
sarah williams
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Magical harp

Emma Hart seems like an intelligent woman, and a witch who is afraid to fly. Emma solves her cases with compassion and understanding. Through her we are meeting the town of Spellbound and meeting her new friends and neighbors at the same time. I like this series.
Jana Gundy
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A delightful story

I loved this book. It’s not the second one but the characters are so well written, that I feel like I already know them. The story moved along quickly, no boring parts at all. The mystery was entertaining and I loved it all.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Grave Seasons (A Maddie Graves Mystery #8)
  • The Ghost Who Wasn't (Haunting Danielle, #3)
  • Ghost Trackers
  • Spouse on Haunted Hill (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #8)
  • Haunted Tales (Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery, #15)
  • Dog Gone Ghost (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #4.5)
  • Shades of Memory (Diamond City Magic, #4)
  • Christmas Wedding (Magnolia Mysteries, #7)

Spellbound (10 books)
  • Curse the Day (Spellbound #1)
  • Spell's Bells (Spellbound #3)
  • Lucky Charm (Spellbound #4)
  • Better than Hex (Spellbound #5)
  • Cast Away (Spellbound #6)
  • A Touch of Magic (Spellbound #7)
  • A Drop in the Potion (Spellbound #8)
  • Hemlocked and Loaded (Spellbound, #9)
  • All Spell Breaks Loose (Spellbound, #10)