Jump to ratings and reviews

The Experiment #2

The Dating Experiment

1.Get over my best friend’s brother.
2.Remember that I’m over him.
3.Prove I can date other people.
It should be easy.
It’s not.

Setting up a dating website with the guy I’ve been in love with since I was five wasn’t my smartest idea.
Especially since he’s my best friend’s brother—thankfully, she’s okay with the fact I’m pulling a Sandy and I’m hopelessly devoted to him.
Which is why it’s time to get over him.
So I do something crazy and ask Dominic Austin to find me a date. He does—if I find him one, too.
Since we own Stupid Cupid, it should be easy, right? And it is.
My date is perfect. His date is perfect. Everything is perfect.
Until he kisses me…

Loading interface...

About the author

Emma Hart

119 books7,401 followers
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut that's filled with dry wit, snappy, sarcastic comebacks, but lots of heart... And sex. Sometimes, she kills people. (Disclaimer: In books. But if you bug her, she'll use your name for the victims.)

You can find her online at www.emmahart.org, www.facebook.com/emmahartbooks, or join her reader group at http://bit.ly/EmmaHartsHartbreakers.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
201 (8%)
1 star
71 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 323 reviews
Profile Image for Berit Talks Books.
2,019 reviews15.7k followers
4.5 Snarky Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

Hindsight really was a bitch but, it had nothing on the here and now.

Chloe, Peyton, and Mel are all being added to my book BFF list... i’d love to go out to drinks with these ladies, and I guess their other halves can come as well....

This is Chloe’s story, can you imagine being in love with your best friends big brother for over 10 years? Not to mention he is also your business partner... I loved the banter between Chloe and Dominic in the previous book, so I could not wait for their story.... and it did not disappoint, if anything it exceeded my expectations.... all the characters in this book were so well developed and likable.... so many laugh out loud moments, everybody had a sense of humor, and nobody took life too seriously.... I have come to realize that is what I look for in a romance.... I love the love, but I also love the laughs....

Chloe decides she needs to get over Dominic, and go out with somebody else.... what better way to do that than have Dominic set her up with the perfect guy.... they do own a dating site after all... and what could possibly go wrong? Well I’m sure you can imagine..... also imagine what happens when two people who have had feelings for each other for over 10 years finally admit it to one another.... there definitely was some sizzle and spice... but for me the sweetest and most revealing moment in this book involved ice cream.... will Chloe and Dominic get their HEA?

Absolutely recommend to fans of romances with a large shot of humor...

*** thank you so much to the author for providing me with a copy of this book ***
Profile Image for Floryie.
295 reviews27 followers
May 11, 2018
Ever since I first read Mellie's story, I have been interested and invested in all 3 friends' stories. So as soon as this one came onto my radar, I jumped at the chance to read it. I absolutely loved loved loved it!

If I thought Mellie with her clumsiness and Peyton with her stubbornness were wonderful, then I need to be checked out. I really thought Chloe was the sane one to balance out the trio. I don't know where I got that idea but I was seriously wrong!! So wrong! This girl rocked me with her humour and her antics involving Dom. Chloe is my new favourite among the three friends hands down!

From the beginning, I was very much immersed in Chloe's life and it started right with the first few sentences, which I call the chapter-isms, making me laugh and launch right into the big mess Chloe had made of her life. I had a lot of reactions while reading this book. The most prominent one was the amusement at the toddler level bickering between Chloe and Dom. Oh my!! Their fights really got me reminiscing about the cute skirmishes which take place in kindergarten between girls and boys. I literally imagined Chloe with 2 pigtails and Dom in shorts and him trying to get her attention and her protesting with feet stomping. I had so much fun with their love squabbles.

I say love squabbles because it was evident even in the starting pages that they were crazy about each other. They just had blinders on and they had to get to know each others' hearts in a different way and that's what made the bulk of the tale. I actually hated Peyton a bit because of what she didn't do! If you read the book, you will know what I mean.

I was surprised at Dom's level of playfulness but I think I shouldn't have been. After all he is Peyton's brother and that itself says it all. I really loved Chloe. I got where she was coming from, in her decisions. The way they surprised each other had me feeling warm and fuzzy inside. I was really surprised with the romance. I expected hot and heavy but inspite of high sexual tension and one love scene, it was sweet and light. That was my favourite part of the book!

And.. well I can go on. But I would rather not spoil your read. Just know that they go through some confusion before they come to their happily ever after! And I can say without any hesitation that the sweet romance, the love squabbles between the pair and the high sexual tension will have you reading their story at a fast pace without any break till you reach the end.

I received a free copy for reviewing purposes voluntarily which doesn't impact my review.

My one line review : A seriously sweet pining-for-each-other romance.

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 4/5

Flo
Profile Image for Neha.
73 reviews85 followers
May 19, 2018
Ok let's keep it short as I couldn't care less about this one.
2 stars for later half!

I think the author tried to make heroine a strong heroine but the end result was unreasonable, stubborn, stupid, extremely defensive heroine.
The hero guy.. I don't even remember his name. So anyways he was..... just there. Like I am yours too take. And he had Adonis body and heroine was in love with him forever.

One question I have is, how the hell the feeling could be love? How are these heroines so sure?

The story is guy and girl both own a dating business. They match people. To get over each other they decide to hook each other up with other people. They both being unaware of each other's feelings as they fight a lot and think they hate each other. But they still love each other from afar. Exhausting Right?
Anyway so after first date guy figures out heroine is his end game. So he asks her to stop find someone else for him and he loves her. Heroine being strong independent stubborn self freaks out and runs away. So smart! Hero persued and bullied her into dating him. HEA.
So yeah nope.
Profile Image for Lisa (Remarkablylisa).
2,253 reviews1,812 followers
July 8, 2019
2/5 stars

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Disappointed in this series overall!!! What was the point of this book because it was literally two people who were too stubborn to admit their love for each other even until the last page! Everyone knows that they like each other but they keep denying it and hurting each other in the process. It was super frustrating! The whole dating aspect of this was fun to see but it didn't carry on more than half of the book so ???? And the male OC is unattractive because he's irresponsible with EVERYTHING. Always losing everything and not caring but also being expected to handle the numbers in the company?

BYE
Profile Image for Snow.
2,211 reviews650 followers
May 18, 2018

ah well...

this started good...I liked it, the whole "friends/enemies to lovers" kinda thing with lots of bickering and banter, the main characters have with each other - Chloe Collins had a huge crush on her best friend's brother Dominic Austin, for years and so had he! They are, not only, keeping that fact from one another, but they also work together, conducting the "dating website" Stupid Cupid and they act like they cant stand the sight of each other.

In one of their disputes, they agree to find each other a date, through their site, to get themselves out of each other's hair...

and yeah, when they actually do go on this date with the selected "dates", things go blurry in an instant and when they escalate in expressing the pent up attraction towards each other, Chloe and Dominic, will have to deal with lot more, than the fact they kissed.

I'm not really sure, where the pacing of this story went downhill for me, I just know that after it started awesome, i was eager and anticipating the moment they would connect, finally connect...
and then when it happend, everything else went flat as a surf board...

I couldn0t think of a better analogy...#sorryNOTsorry LOL

anyway, I guess it's all me, but still it stopped being funny, thrilling and it went on with a trivial issues and unnecessary drama based on immaturity. :/
Profile Image for Shannon.
386 reviews141 followers
May 9, 2018
Based on the blurb, I was really excited for this book. I’ve read a handful from Emma Hart before and always really enjoyed them, so I expected this to be up that alley as well. In the end though, this one sadly won’t be going on my favourites shelf. I liked the twist that the author took on this unrequited love/best friends brother trope and was intrigued to read about their relationship, but then it just fell flat. I really didn’t get a lot of humour or emotion. I wasn’t invested or excited, and I think that’s because I thought the plot lacked a lot of depth. It was predictable, but I’m just calling it how I see it.

I’ve read tons of RomComs, who hasn’t? But this one just didn’t wow me. Starting out, I was excited by the characters. Chloe seemed like a fun woman with a good head on her shoulders, and Dom being the classically rugged hero that we all love seemed like they’d be a good match. I also liked the secondary characters quite a bit, making me want to go back and read their stories as well. After the initial excitement though of starting a new book, it started to feel meh. Very average, and like it could be compared to handfuls of other books. Maybe that’s harsh, but it’s how I felt. I know I won’t be remembering this story down the line.

Ultimately I think I just wanted more from their relationship. Yes, I know it was a fluffy RomCom but I just didn’t feel it between them. I wanted a build to them. To see their relationship come to a culmination and go from there. Where as in reality, it was just constant bickering to the point where I was just bored. The characters didn’t do anything or show their feelings, and I got over it fairly quickly.

Well, this book that I was originally excited for took a turn for the depressing (in my eyes), and I really do hate it when that happens. I’m just going to chalk this one up to one that didn’t work for me, but I’ll be back on bored by the time Emma Hart releases again. Cheers ladies.

*An ARC was received in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Dísir.
1,665 reviews170 followers
May 10, 2018
I stewed over this for a while, wondering if it was a book that I wanted to take some time over to unravel my thoughts about in a review, walked away and said 'nah', then returned to pretty much get it off my chest.

It's probably fair to say that I had certain expectations of the unrequited, best friend's brother crush type of plot that Emma Hart set out to write here. Having these characters mentioned in the previous book as a strange, dysfunctional pair made me want to know how both Chloe and Dominic would get on after being friends for years as well as business partners.

In the end however, I found myself disturbed by this odd vibe between them - constantly filled with bickering that made it exhausting to get through - as Chloe behaved like a petulant, shrewish harridan (while placing the blame on Dom for not getting the idea) as her crush/love for Dom turned from heartbreaking agony to sniping anger. The sympathy that I'd normally feel here for the one-sided pining didn't come however, seeing as the same kind of unrequited feelings came from Dom who tried to repress them.

Both had mouths; both could communicate. So why didn't they? Was there some secret or some tacit agreement about not dating a sister's friend or a best friend's brother that I wasn't privy to at all? Had I in fact, spent my entire time reading a book about two characters who'd found themselves in a conflict simply because they hadn't bothered to talk but go at each other's throats like difficult children?

Ultimately, 'The Dating Experiment' fell somewhat flat for me as a rom-com - the constant, extended fighting to the sudden fall into bed to the even more sudden resolution just left me more gobsmacked than satisfied.
Profile Image for Sylvie .
632 reviews820 followers
The Dating Experiment
by Emma Hart

4 out of 5 stars.

This series was so fun to read, each one of these books are so enjoyable, funny and I finishd them within a few hours.

The first book "The Upside of Being Single' wasn't part of this duology, it was a companion to these two. Tese books follow three best friends in their mid/late 20's, the first one was about Mellie the clumsiest of the three, the second was about Peyton, the one who has OCD aka the modern version of Monica Geller, and the last one was about Chloe the uptight one of the group.

Once again, Emma Hart has done an absolute great job writing "The Dating Experiment", it was funny, endearingly entertaining and steamy sexy rom/com of a standalone.
Oh, how I love from frenemies/friends to lovers relationship.

Chloe co-owns a matchmaking website with her bestfriend's brother Dominic, with whom she is pulling a Sandy (from Grease) aka hopelessly in love with him since childhood and never confessing her feelings to him, we also find out Dominic himself is also in love with her. I loved how dorky they were, instead of confessing their love, they treat each other passive aggresively.

What I also LOVED about this series the girls love friends, they constantly watch the show, always phrase the famous quotes of the T.V. show and compare themselves to them (the main characters of Friends).

I liked how the author wrote an epilogue (1 year later) chapter in the last book, we got to see what happened with the characters and their love interest, and of course it ended with a happily ever after.

Profile Image for Meegz Reads.
1,366 reviews104 followers
May 12, 2018
*3.5 - 4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

The Dating Experiment was a really fast read. It was fun to finally get the story between Dom and Chloe, although I do wish it had a little more depth that it did. The fights and battles between these two were funny at times, and other times I just wanted to smack them in the head.

Having our faves from the previous books, make appearances was always fun, particularly the bits with Peyton.

I love the idea of Dom and Chloe's business, and how they try to get over each other by setting one another up with matches from their program. The story flowed fast and smoothly, without too many issues. My main problem was just that I wished there was more depth/serious moments/communication - something along those lines, between Dom and Chloe.

But even with saying that, I still had trouble actually putting the book down. I had to keep reading to know what was going to happen, how was this all going to blow up between them, when the point finally came? As such I sped through the book in less than 24 hours.

Review also on my blog - The Dating Experiment - Emma Hart

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Profile Image for Shayna.
1,813 reviews594 followers
May 6, 2018
“I’m not leaving here until I know what it’s like to have you be mine.”

Oh man, oh man, oh man! This was SO damn good, you guys! Emma Hart gives us another incredible romantic comedy with THE DATING EXPERIMENT! For those of you keeping up with Hart’s latest rom-com masterpieces, this one features the relationship we’ve been waiting for, Dom and Chloe! If you thought their bickering was bad before, now that they have their very own book, EVERYTHING is fair game, folks! It’s intense. It’s absolutely HILARIOUS. It’s chock-full of enough tension to make you lose your mind! It’s swoony. It’s funny. It’s romantic. It has enough banter and funny quips to make the world go round. I loved every single second!

Emma Hart has released some of the most charming and hilarious romances I’ve ever read, and she just keeps bringing her A GAME each and every time. No matter the trope, no matter the genre, this author knows what her readers want and she gives it with her whole damn heart. You can just feel it through every word in her books. Chloe and Dom…their relationship is crazy, impossible, and ridiculous, and yet it works for them. Arguing until the very end, Ms. Hart gives Chloe and Dom the happily ever after they both deserve.

The Dating Experiment Teaser

ARC Tag
Profile Image for Ezi Chinny.
2,532 reviews414 followers
March 15, 2019
This is a trope that I normally don’t care for ~ in love with my best friends brother story.
This book reinforced my issues with those stories. The amount of back and forth bickering was annoying. The lack of clear communication annoyed me. And the fact that they know each other well but always involve others in their drama makes these plots drag for me.

There was nothing engaging about Dominic either. I didn’t feel their chemistry. In fact, I didn’t enjoy the story as it was a bit boring.
Profile Image for Andi Isack.
402 reviews14 followers
May 9, 2018
I was expecting to be something different. It's not bad, but it's not the best she has wrote. When I've read the synopsis of The Dating experiment, I thought" hell this will be so damn hillarious to read". Well I just finished it. But honestly it doesn't impressed me so much. I don't know. It's something visibility missing. I didn't completely connect with the story and especially with the characters. Because sometimes they act like teenagers. And it ruined the quality of the story and the credibility of their relationship.
But let's say it's easy to read. It alternate funny scenes with "slowly motivated" ones. But it's good to see their tauting mouse and cat game. It's hate that hiddes love. And they "enjoy" fighting. That's the key or the magic of the whole "I hate you, but I want you too".
And when they finally got it...well they start with the kidgarden but and ifs. But Dom does his best and gives as also same sexy moments. And that's refreshing.
The story is based on this mutual secret crush, they have on one other, but they haven't the "balls" to confess how they feel. And they keep hating each other until...with just a kiss..a fourious kiss on her lips... something changes.

*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review *
Profile Image for Brooke.
465 reviews26 followers
May 14, 2018
For more full reviews click here-> http://lattesandpaperbacks.com

I really cannot say enough good things about Emma Hart's writing. I am always mesmerized by her beautiful colorful covers and then the synopsis snags me into the story. The Dating Experiment was no different!

I was so excited when I saw it was delivered to my kindle I did a happy dance and was immediately reading! I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters that she chose. Not only have they known each other since they were kids, but they are in business together. They are matchmakers to top it off!

Automatically I was invested because frienemies to lovers? CHECK

Hot guy in love with a hot girl CHECK

Hot girl in love with hot guy CHECK

Not knowing they each love each other for more than 10 years PRICELESS

SO of course I love a good friends who don't know they love each other who really hate each other but cant stand to not love the other. There is of course some great tension but also some great flirting that happens that just enriches their feelings with each other and I just couldn't get enough.

I came to the end of the book and was so sad because I was wanting more!

But this is definitely a great book and I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for this series!!

description

description
Profile Image for ✨ Lucy ✨.
327 reviews84 followers
October 7, 2019
I loved all the fights and the following sexual tension between dom and chloe . I was waiting for their story Since the previous book . And i have to say it didn’t disappoint me. It was funny, sexy and at the same time romantic. I really enjoyed reading it, I enjoyed it so much that I finished it in one afternoon .
Profile Image for Kahea.
2,035 reviews108 followers
***5 ‘I Could Never Regret You’ Stars***

Even knowing how much this book would have me wanting to rip out my hair in frustration, I wanted and needed to read it because I needed to see Dom and Chloe finally come to their senses and have it out and it was sooo worth every frustrating moment! It was sweet, smexy, funny and even heart melting when things finally fell into place.

Dominic. This man. His picture should be under the word forgetful in the dictionary. It really should because OMG. But (there is ALWAYS a ‘but’ right?) he knows and accepts it and that actually has its own kind of wonky charm attached to it and makes him kinda loveable. He is sweet and cares more than he likes to admit, even to himself.

Chloe is the organized and responsible one, which is a good thing considering who her friends are. She’s a straight shooter (for the most part) and isn’t afraid to set people straight in any situation (which is a good and bad thing). I loved her sass, her extreme love of donuts and pizza and how big her heart was.

These two. Since I knew that nothing that happened between these two would be smooth and sweet, I prepared fully for WWIII and they definitely delivered. They bickered and argued constantly...about everything! But that’s that just them and I swear it’s their own special brand of foreplay. But in between their bouts, what was also there was a connection, a deep and passionate one that had me rooting for them to just finally give in to everything they feel for each other and when they finally did it was everything.

Regardless of the hair pulling I did throughout this book, it was a fun read and I devoured it in no time flat. I loved catching up with Mellie, Jake, Peyton and Elliott and of course Briony ~ whom I adore ~ and that epilogue was absolutely perfect for all of them. There was one side character whom I wouldn’t mind getting to know better ~ he apparently makes a killer sangria, but only time will tell. You can read this as a standalone, but you really should go back to the beginning with The Upside of Being Single and The Hook Up Experiment and meet everyone from the start to get the full experience. I promise, you won’t be sorry!

Profile Image for Rebecca.
2,828 reviews143 followers
May 8, 2018
The best way for Chloe Collins to get over Dominic Austin is to…have him find her a date?!?!

Believe me…that was not where my brain took me originally either, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me.

‘My heart wanted a god damn idiot!’ And because Chloe fell for an idiot why not come up with an idiotic idea to get over said idiot! BEST OR WORST PLAN EVER!

Chloe put her heart on the line and confessed her crush on Dom and he does NOTHING! So, she’s DONE…Chloe no longer wants to be under his seductive spell and while her plan may end up backfiring and making things even more difficult and tense between them, she has to do SOMETHING besides pine away for a guy who will never see her as more than his sister’s best friend OR at least that’s what she thought.

The Dating Experiment is a perfect title for Chloe and Dom’s story because that’s exactly how much needed confessions are made and risks are taken – with any kind of experiment, there is trial and error and due to Chloe and Dom’s constant bickering and never ending miscommunication, getting to the heart of the matter…the depth of their feelings for each other, when they don’t want to kill one another.

Once again, Emma Hart has crafted a hilarious, over-the-top, and crazy romantic comedy – one that attempts to cut through the abundance of sexual tension between the hero and heroine with funny quips and witty banter, and while readers can’t help but laugh out loud with everything that goes down between Chloe and Dominic and their respective needs to have the last word, it’s also abundantly clear that if these two would just stop talking and allow their bodies to work things out – life might be quite a bit easier for both of them and for those around them who have to deal with Chloe and Dom’s incessant need to disprove how they truly feel for reasons that they can’t seem to voice out loud.

4 Poison Apples (The Fairest of All Book Reviews)
May 10, 2018
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

I have absolutely loved hanging out with Mellie and Peyton and watching their hilarious ventures into love. So when it was time to finally see Chloe and her lustful crush on Peyton's brother Dominic come to fruition, I was ready and oh so willing to see their love affair play out! It wasn't long and I was knee deep in the heated arguments that ensued between these two and couldn't wait for them to get down to some naughty business..if you know what I mean.

Chloe Collins is an over the top sassy heroine that has a love/hate relationship with her fellow co-owner Dominic at their Stupid Cupid dating website. So she spends her time either fighting with him or fantasizing about him. Little does she know that he is doing plenty of fantasizing of his own. I absolutely adore Chloe, from her obsessive nature of taking care of Dom and all that he loses..such as his keys and her smart and witty mouth that often keeps her in trouble.

Dominic or “Dom” as they affectionately call him is the strong, stubborn, and when it comes to his feelings for Chloe..the silent type. I have been obsessing about this hero since meeting him while he was verbal sparring with his sister in an earlier book, but the fights between him and Chloe could keep any reader's temperature levels rising. When Chloe is in the room with Dom, things are always at a scorching level with a burning emotional intensity that you can't look away from.

Emma Hart delivers a read full of so much pent up passion, that a reader might combust on the spot with kindle in hand! I highly recommend The Dating Experiment for “hold your side” laughter, flooding of emotional tears, heat like never before, and of course Emma Hart's trademark snark that comes in every story she pens. I cannot shout it from the rooftops enough, how much I adored this couple who know how to keep the sparks and insults flying among all the love that overflows from them.
Profile Image for Rohina .
590 reviews132 followers
May 13, 2018
Chloe and Dominic.
Dominic and Chloe.
I swear I wanted to hit them both on the back of their head, Agent Gibbs style or maybe go Nonna on their butt.

descriptionI didn’t even know why I was in love with the fool. He was useless and prone to losing just about everything. He was a total pain in my ass who made me ridiculously mad at least three times a week. The heart wanted what the heart wanted. My heart wanted a goddamn idiot.

Dom and Chloe were one pairing whose story I was looking forward to since The Hook-Up Experiment and if you thought their bickering was bad them oh boy, all hell is breaking loose.

The Dating Experiment had me snorting so hard that I ended up coughing, smiling in some cases and in other's sometimes absolutely furious with their pig-headedness.

The story is told from the dual point of view but Chloe's point of view was my favourite and those times she went completely off tangent in her inner monologues.

The sexual tension, sarcasm and with are at an all-time high as Dom and Chloe fight through themselves and their beliefs to finally admit to each other what they've known since they were kids.

Now while I did enjoy the book, I didn't love it like Hart's other works. I can't pinpoint what it is but there was something missing. The characters were developed, we had a story, which I've already said I enjoyed, and I honestly did love the ending but UGH! I just can't, for the life of me, tell you what's missing.

If you are interested in reading it, do give it a try, who knows you might it enjoy it more than I did.

3 Stars!

Buy The Dating Experiment (Kindle)
_________________________
For more reviews and recommendations:

Facebook Page
Main Blog
Twitter

*ARC gifted by author in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Amy .
2,713 reviews
May 8, 2018
“The heart wanted what the heart wanted. My heart wanted a goddamn idiot.”

“Fighting with Chloe was a weird kind of pleasure–almost an addiction I couldn’t break. There was something ridiculously hot about the way her cheeks flushed and her eyes lit up with emotion. There was a fire in her. A wildfire. The kind of fire that would take forever to put out. And I wanted to stoke it.”

“I wanted to kiss her until I couldn’t breathe. Until I could hear nothing but my pulse thundering in my ears. Until there was nothing but Chloe consuming every inch of my body. I could kiss her for-fucking-ever.”

I don’t know about you guys, but I am so happy to have finally gotten my hands on Chloe and Dom’s story. The tension between these two has had curiosity peaked for a while now and I am happy to report that these two do not disappoint!

The Dating Experiment is a fun and sexy romantic comedy. From the moment you dive into Chloe and Dom’s story, you can’t help but be captivated by these two. They fight like cats and dogs and mix about as well as oil and vinegar. But, all that fighting leads to some amazing tension. Their banter will have you furiously turning the pages to see just was going to happen between these two.

The Dating Experiment is filled with hilarious moments, moments that will take your breath away and moments that will have you wanting to rip your hair out. The writing is smart and entertaining. The story-line will consume you and before you know it, you’ll find yourself at the end of another fun romance. The Dating Experiment hit all the marks for me with it’s humor and entertaining sexual tension. The characters are a riot and so easy to connect with. I loved falling in love with these characters and getting lost in their story!

*I was provided with an ARC copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Monique.
1,022 reviews49 followers
3.5 🌟’s

After reading the synopsis of this book, I was eager to get started. I love a friends to romance story, and throw in it is the best friends brother, bonus!
On the whole, the story was good. She had been infatuated with him since she was a pre-teen. She hadn’t acted on it because she didn’t want to ruin what they have now and she is also in business with him. So to get over these feelings, she will let him set her up on a date from their business Stupid Cupid. If only it was that easy to stop loving someone.

This is a standalone novel, told in dual POV, but I believe you will get a more rounded ambiance if you read Peyton/Elliot and Mellie/Jack’s books before hand. What I would have liked to of seen more from the first few chapters in this book were some warm-hearted moments with these two. Most of it was constant bickering back and forth, I started to get whip lash. If we got an occasional tender bit, I would have connected better with them and believed or understood whole heartedly why they were a match. I’m all for banter and opposites attract themes, but it went a little too far for me. It was hard to reconcile the back and forth emotions Chloe was having. Some I was on board with and some I thought she was acting like a teenage drama queen, and somewhat immature. I did enjoy them finally reaching their HEA, and Dom was super sweet with his affections and I loved his jealousy side.

*I received a copy for my honest opinion.
**Reviewed by Monique for JoandIsaLoveBooksBlog
Profile Image for Bookgasms Book Blog.
2,761 reviews1,331 followers
May 6, 2018
Emma Hart's books are like pure candy to me - Sweet and addicting. Add to the fact that this was a best friend's brother story and I was SO HOOKED! And boy was this story fantastic!! I loved The Dating Experiment as I felt Dom and Chloe were perfect for one another. She was feisty and sassy and everything Dom needed to bring him to his knees. I loved the push and pull between them and honestly couldn't get enough of this story!

Having read The Hook-Up Experiment, I was ready for Dom and Chloe's story and could not wait to see the fireworks explode between them. This novel was laugh out loud funny, snarky and filled to the brim with antics only Emma Hart can deliver. I love her characters almost as much as her storylines!

Dom and Chloe had chemistry and feelings and once you factored in the old fashion concept of jealousy - it caused all types of explosions. I thought this novel was so sexy and delivered lots of smiles, sighs and swoons that only this author can deliver. Bravo! 4 stars! ~Ratula
Profile Image for Sofia Lazaridou.
2,734 reviews135 followers
May 10, 2018
Normally I would have given a lower rating to the book, but there was something about it that makes me want to give it 5 stars. It will not be a solid 5-star rating, but I don't want to give it 4. The reason why the rating is not solid is that for half the book both main characters date other people. I wanted that to be done sooner and have more time with the two of them been a couple. It was bugging me that both had feelings for each other ( and acknowledged that) but they couldn't admit it to each other. They should have gotten together sooner and given us more of their banter. Their banter is the reason why I loved this book so much. Even in the epilogue, they were fighting and Dom's life was threatened. Both of the main characters are flawed and that just added to the story. They were human. Dom was not the perfect hero, but he did little things to make Chloe's life easier and that won me over. The book was sometimes funny and others it was more serious. It was a light and easy read and I would recommend it. It's a stand-alone book, but after reading this book you might want to read the two books about Chloe's friends like I want to.
Profile Image for Katrina Marie.
Author 67 books715 followers
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & More Review
I absolutely love Hart's books. Each one makes me laugh and swoon. I feel like I've been waiting ages for Chloe & Dom's book. I know it hasn't really been that long, but I needed to see what was going to happen between them.

I loved every interaction between these two. It didn't matter if they were screaming at each other or not. The chemistry between them jumps off the pages. You want them to get their heads out of their butts and be honest with each other.

I also love the friendship in this series. They have each others back but also give the advice that's needed.

If you want a book that will have you laughing, and make you want to know these characters in real life, I highly suggest this book.

Profile Image for Brittany from Can’t Quit Books.
423 reviews22 followers
May 7, 2018
Dom and Chloe work as business partners at Stupid Cupid. Both have been hiding their attraction to each other for years, but neither on of them know how to express their feelings.

Chloe was extremely hot and cold with her emotions. She was very dramatic and got angry about everything. I felt like most the time she was being immature and picking fights over nonsense things. I just couldn’t understand why her emotions and actions were all over the place.

Dom was a quieter character who held onto his feelings. He didn’t want Chloe knowing the truth, and he never really showed her he cared about her until the end.

I liked this book, but I just felt like there wasn’t a connection between the characters. They said they liked each other, but I wasn’t feeling it. I honestly thought they showed more chemistry with each other in Peyton’s book that in their own book.

I did, however, enjoy seeing the past characters in this series and seeing how they are adjusting to being in relationships.

-An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review.-
Profile Image for Bookworm Between the Sheets.
481 reviews15 followers
May 14, 2018
3.5 starts for this Best friend's Brother Romance/Enemies to Lovers trope.

I enjoyed the easiness of the bantering between Dominic and Chloe as the book was a quick read for me. I feel like more depth of the unrequited crush of Chloe & Dom growing up would have given this story more substance. I didn't get why Chloe would still be unable to move on from Dom if she saw him and his string of unsteady relationships and more hook ups....

If you have been enjoying Emma Hart's bantering, along the line of enemies to lovers books then you will definitely enjoy this!
Profile Image for Tracy.
684 reviews20 followers
May 7, 2018
Sexy and Sassy, The Dating Experiment is another great rom-com from Emma Hart. Chloe and Dom are constantly at each others throats. There is a thin line between love and hate, and these two can't help but toe that line. To put it simply, they are explosive together. Ms. Hart writes fabulous friendships, even better relationships, and The Dating Experiment is no exception.

This book was fast and fun. It was paced quickly and full of wit and humor, along with a great plot that tugged at your heart a few times. It was a great read to get lost in for a couple of hours.
Profile Image for Reading with 2 book lovers.
3,031 reviews38 followers
May 8, 2018
wow ms hart has given us another fantastic rom com, I don't think I've laughed this hard in ages.
dom and chloe are amazing main characters and I didnt want this story to end.
such a great read.
Profile Image for Livia Rabelo.
361 reviews6 followers
May 15, 2018
not as fun as the first book of this series, but with much more bickering..... I enjoyed as well
Displaying 1 - 30 of 323 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.