Start by marking “The Dating Experiment (The Experiment, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dating Experiment (The Experiment, #2)

The Dating Experiment

(The Experiment #2)

1.Get over my best friend’s brother.
2.Remember that I’m over him.
3.Prove I can date other people.
It should be easy.
It’s not.

Setting up a dating website with the guy I’ve been in love with since I was five wasn’t my smartest idea.
Especially since he’s my best friend’s brother—thankfully, she’s okay with the fact I’m pulling a Sandy and I’m hopelessly devoted to him.
Which is
164 pages
Published May 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Dating Experiment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dating Experiment

Berit☀️✨
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
4.5 Snarky Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

Hindsight really was a bitch but, it had nothing on the here and now.

Chloe, Peyton, and Mel are all being added to my book BFF list... i’d love to go out to drinks with these ladies, and I guess their other halves can come as well....

This is Chloe’s story, can you imagine being in love with your best friends big brother for over 10 years? Not to mention he is also your business partner... I loved the banter between Chloe and Dominic in the previous book, so I could not wai
Floryie
Shelves: 2018
Ever since I first read Mellie's story, I have been interested and invested in all 3 friends' stories. So as soon as this one came onto my radar, I jumped at the chance to read it. I absolutely loved loved loved it!

If I thought Mellie with her clumsiness and Peyton with her stubbornness were wonderful, then I need to be checked out. I really thought Chloe was the sane one to balance out the trio. I don't know where I got that idea but I was seriously wrong!! So wrong! This girl rocked me with he
Neha
May 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Neha by: I did this to myself
Ok let's keep it short as I couldn't care less about this one.
2 stars for later half!

I think the author tried to make heroine a strong heroine but the end result was unreasonable, stubborn, stupid, extremely defensive heroine.
The hero guy.. I don't even remember his name. So anyways he was..... just there. Like I am yours too take. And he had Adonis body and heroine was in love with him forever.

One question I have is, how the hell the feeling could be love? How are these heroines so sure?

The sto
Snow

ah well...

this started good...I liked it, the whole "friends/enemies to lovers" kinda thing with lots of bickering and banter, the main characters have with each other - Chloe Collins had a huge crush on her best friend's brother Dominic Austin, for years and so had he! They are, not only, keeping that fact from one another, but they also work together, conducting the "dating website" Stupid Cupid and they act like they cant stand the sight of each other.

In one of their disputes, they agree to f
Sabrina
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Shannon Moore
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Based on the blurb, I was really excited for this book. I’ve read a handful from Emma Hart before and always really enjoyed them, so I expected this to be up that alley as well. In the end though, this one sadly won’t be going on my favourites shelf. I liked the twist that the author took on this unrequited love/best friends brother trope and was intrigued to read about their relationship, but then it just fell flat. I really didn’t get a lot of humour or emotion. I wasn’t invested or excited, a ...more
Dísir
I stewed over this for a while, wondering if it was a book that I wanted to take some time over to unravel my thoughts about in a review, walked away and said 'nah', then returned to pretty much get it off my chest.

It's probably fair to say that I had certain expectations of the unrequited, best friend's brother crush type of plot that Emma Hart set out to write here. Having these characters mentioned in the previous book as a strange, dysfunctional pair made me want to know how both Chloe and D
Sylvie
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-com
The Dating Experiment
by Emma Hart

4 out of 5 stars.

This series was so fun to read, each one of these books are so enjoyable, funny and I finishd them within a few hours.

The first book "The Upside of Being Single' wasn't part of this duology, it was a companion to these two. Tese books follow three best friends in their mid/late 20's, the first one was about Mellie the clumsiest of the three, the second was about Peyton, the one who has OCD aka the modern version of Monica Geller, and the last one
Escape into a Booksite
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3.5 - 4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

The Dating Experiment was a really fast read. It was fun to finally get the story between Dom and Chloe, although I do wish it had a little more depth that it did. The fights and battles between these two were funny at times, and other times I just wanted to smack them in the head.

Having our faves from the previous books, make appearances was always fun, particularly the bits with Peyton.

I love the idea of Dom and Chloe's b
Shayna
“I’m not leaving here until I know what it’s like to have you be mine.”

Oh man, oh man, oh man! This was SO damn good, you guys! Emma Hart gives us another incredible romantic comedy with THE DATING EXPERIMENT! For those of you keeping up with Hart’s latest rom-com masterpieces, this one features the relationship we’ve been waiting for, Dom and Chloe! If you thought their bickering was bad before, now that they have their very own book, EVERYTHING is fair game, folks! It’s intense. It’s absolut
Nadia
A little bit frustrating in the beginning, but really adorable by the end.
Andi Isack
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
I was expecting to be something different. It's not bad, but it's not the best she has wrote. When I've read the synopsis of The Dating experiment, I thought" hell this will be so damn hillarious to read". Well I just finished it. But honestly it doesn't impressed me so much. I don't know. It's something visibility missing. I didn't completely connect with the story and especially with the characters. Because sometimes they act like teenagers. And it ruined the quality of the story and the credi ...more
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2018
For more full reviews click here-> http://lattesandpaperbacks.com

I really cannot say enough good things about Emma Hart's writing. I am always mesmerized by her beautiful colorful covers and then the synopsis snags me into the story. The Dating Experiment was no different!

I was so excited when I saw it was delivered to my kindle I did a happy dance and was immediately reading! I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters that she chose. Not only have they known each other since they
Kahea
***5 ‘I Could Never Regret You’ Stars***

Even knowing how much this book would have me wanting to rip out my hair in frustration, I wanted and needed to read it because I needed to see Dom and Chloe finally come to their senses and have it out and it was sooo worth every frustrating moment! It was sweet, smexy, funny and even heart melting when things finally fell into place.

Dominic. This man. His picture should be under the word forgetful in the dictionary. It really should because OMG. But (t
Rebecca
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
The best way for Chloe Collins to get over Dominic Austin is to…have him find her a date?!?!

Believe me…that was not where my brain took me originally either, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me.

‘My heart wanted a god damn idiot!’ And because Chloe fell for an idiot why not come up with an idiotic idea to get over said idiot! BEST OR WORST PLAN EVER!

Chloe put her heart on the line and confessed her crush on Dom and he does NOTHING! So, she’s DONE…Chloe no longer wants to
Rohina
Chloe and Dominic.
Dominic and Chloe.
I swear I wanted to hit them both on the back of their head, Agent Gibbs style or maybe go Nonna on their butt.

descriptionI didn’t even know why I was in love with the fool. He was useless and prone to losing just about everything. He was a total pain in my ass who made me ridiculously mad at least three times a week. The heart wanted what the heart wanted. My heart wanted a goddamn idiot.

Dom and Chloe were one pairing whose story I was looking forward to since The Hoo
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

I have absolutely loved hanging out with Mellie and Peyton and watching their hilarious ventures into love. So when it was time to finally see Chloe and her lustful crush on Peyton's brother Dominic come to fruition, I was ready and oh so willing to see their love affair play out! It wasn't long and I was knee deep in the heated arguments that ensued between these two and couldn't wait for them to get down to some naugh
Amy
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The heart wanted what the heart wanted. My heart wanted a goddamn idiot.”

“Fighting with Chloe was a weird kind of pleasure–almost an addiction I couldn’t break. There was something ridiculously hot about the way her cheeks flushed and her eyes lit up with emotion. There was a fire in her. A wildfire. The kind of fire that would take forever to put out. And I wanted to stoke it.”

“I wanted to kiss her until I couldn’t breathe. Until I could hear nothing but my pulse thundering in my ears. Until t
Monique
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 🌟’s

After reading the synopsis of this book, I was eager to get started. I love a friends to romance story, and throw in it is the best friends brother, bonus!
On the whole, the story was good. She had been infatuated with him since she was a pre-teen. She hadn’t acted on it because she didn’t want to ruin what they have now and she is also in business with him. So to get over these feelings, she will let him set her up on a date from their business Stupid Cupid. If only it was that easy to s
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Emma Hart's books are like pure candy to me - Sweet and addicting. Add to the fact that this was a best friend's brother story and I was SO HOOKED! And boy was this story fantastic!! I loved The Dating Experiment as I felt Dom and Chloe were perfect for one another. She was feisty and sassy and everything Dom needed to bring him to his knees. I loved the push and pull between them and honestly couldn't get enough of this story!

Having read The Hook-Up Experiment, I was ready for Dom and Chloe's s
Sofia Lazaridou
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normally I would have given a lower rating to the book, but there was something about it that makes me want to give it 5 stars. It will not be a solid 5-star rating, but I don't want to give it 4. The reason why the rating is not solid is that for half the book both main characters date other people. I wanted that to be done sooner and have more time with the two of them been a couple. It was bugging me that both had feelings for each other ( and acknowledged that) but they couldn't admit it to ...more
Katrina Marie
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & More Review
I absolutely love Hart's books. Each one makes me laugh and swoon. I feel like I've been waiting ages for Chloe & Dom's book. I know it hasn't really been that long, but I needed to see what was going to happen between them.

I loved every interaction between these two. It didn't matter if they were screaming at each other or not. The chemistry between them jumps off the pages. You want them to get their heads out of their b
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Dom and Chloe work as business partners at Stupid Cupid. Both have been hiding their attraction to each other for years, but neither on of them know how to express their feelings.

Chloe was extremely hot and cold with her emotions. She was very dramatic and got angry about everything. I felt like most the time she was being immature and picking fights over nonsense things. I just couldn’t understand why her emotions and actions were all over the place.

Dom was a quieter character who held onto h
Bookworm Between the Sheets
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 starts for this Best friend's Brother Romance/Enemies to Lovers trope.

I enjoyed the easiness of the bantering between Dominic and Chloe as the book was a quick read for me. I feel like more depth of the unrequited crush of Chloe & Dom growing up would have given this story more substance. I didn't get why Chloe would still be unable to move on from Dom if she saw him and his string of unsteady relationships and more hook ups....

If you have been enjoying Emma Hart's bantering, along the
Tracy- OMGReads
Sexy and Sassy, The Dating Experiment is another great rom-com from Emma Hart. Chloe and Dom are constantly at each others throats. There is a thin line between love and hate, and these two can't help but toe that line. To put it simply, they are explosive together. Ms. Hart writes fabulous friendships, even better relationships, and The Dating Experiment is no exception.

This book was fast and fun. It was paced quickly and full of wit and humor, along with a great plot that tugged at your heart
Livia Rabelo
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
not as fun as the first book of this series, but with much more bickering..... I enjoyed as well
Reading with 2 book lovers
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow ms hart has given us another fantastic rom com, I don't think I've laughed this hard in ages.
dom and chloe are amazing main characters and I didnt want this story to end.
such a great read.
Haidoulina
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first book by this author and I can say it was enjoyable... It was fun to read it...
Suey_Library
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
In recent reads I have been a HUGE fan of Emma Hart's novels. I loved Miss Fix-It, Miss Mechanic, and Mix Up, so obviously I continued to support this hilariously amazing author. Though I wasn't overly happy with The Upside to Being Single, but I definitely enjoyed The Hook-Up Experiment more than I thought which is why I continued on with The Dating Experiment. I mean honestly the synopsis alone is one of my favorite tropes so I was game to continue on!

Unfortunately though it did not deliver o
Nalla Reads
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads.com

description

An enemies to lovers romance always has some the steamiest scenes. The passion and emotions run high in Emma Hart's latest! Chloe has spent years lusting after her best friend's brother. What makes it more difficult is that the two are in business together. Luckily (or UN-luckily considering her feelings) Dom isn't the sharpest tool in the business shed so the spend most of their time bickering as Chloe corrects his mistakes. Still the heart wants what the hear
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

The Experiment (2 books)
  • The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1)