Start by marking “The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1)

The Hook-Up Experiment

(The Experiment #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  2,534 Ratings  ·  337 Reviews
1.Hate-screw my high school nemesis.
2.Remember to hate him.
3.Prove my brother wrong.
It should be easy.
It isn’t.

199 pages
Published March 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Hook-Up Experiment, please sign up.
Diane Holtry

B&N: http://bit.ly/TheHookUpExperimentBN
Kobo: http://bit.ly/TheHookUpExperimentKobo

Add it to your Goodreads #TBR: http://bit.ly/2FhMAfq

📚 BLURB 📚
1.Hate-screw my high school nemesis.
2.Remember to hate him.
3.Prove my brother wrong.
It should be easy.
It isn’t.

As the owner of Pick-A-D*ck, New Orleans’ premier hook-up website, my job is simple. Connect two people for a no-strings, no-expectations hook-up. The plus for my clients is that I’m the one who gets to sift through the d*ck pics—except this time, they're required.
My problem? My brother, co-owner of Pick-A-D*ck’s sister dating site, doesn’t believe it’s possible to hook up with someone three times and not fall in love.
I disagree. I know it’s possible.
And my disagreement is exactly how I end up reconnected with my high school nemesis, Elliott Sloane. The guy who asked me to junior prom and then stood me up. Who egged my car when I rejected him, and convinced my senior homecoming date to ghost me.
It should be easy to hate-screw him. If only he was still that person, instead of a hot-as-hell single dad, working as a builder to make ends’ meet, fighting for custody of his daughter.

Three hook-ups.
One outcome.
Right?

(The Hook-Up Experiment is book one of the Experiment duet. If you've read The Upside to Being Single, this is Peyton's story.)

#Mar13 #EmmaHart #HookUpExperiment

#blogpost :

Alex ♈

I’m not quite the right auditorium for CR comedy & Co., so I try to reduce my rant to a minimum and highlight positive moments of this book.

ONE OF THE BEST LINES EVER told by a heroine.
ONE OF THE VERY BEST!!!

“I’m a woman. I like sex. My life literally revolves around people having sex. I’m not afraid of my sexuality. I embrace it. Men are celebrated all the time for having lots of sex. Nobody will celebrate me liking a lot of sex, so I celebrate myself. Fuck that. I’m not ashamed
Berit☀️✨
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
4.5 H.O.T. P.A.D. STARS🌟🌟🌟🌟.5

Peyton Is absolutely being added to my book BFF list.... this girl was sassy, sarcastic, loyal, fun, bold, and a good friend to boot.... Peyton runs a hook- up website in New Orleans.... when her brother bets her that she cannot sleep with somebody three times and not develop feelings she has no choice but to take that bet.... so when her BFFs try to help her out by setting her up with her arch nemesis from high school, what could possibly go wrong?

Elliott was Peyton
Shayna
Laugh out loud HILARIOUS, uber SEXY, and absolutely CHARMING!

“Peyton, I’m going to kiss you. You’re going to let me, and you’re going to like it.”

This has got to be one of the most DELIGHTFUL enemies-to-lovers romance I’ve read this year! Of course, Emma Hart would bring her A-GAME with Peyton and Elliott’s story! This woman is an absolute GENIUS when it comes to Romantic Comedy! Not only is this an enemies-to-lovers romance, it’s a SEXY single dad romance AND a second chance romance! ALL THE
JewelsyGoolsy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.95 stars (so close to 4). There were a few confusing moments where some of the conversations and arguments that all the characters (sides included) were having and it forced me to re-read sentences and pages, only to confirm that said conversations still confused me, but I won’t bore anyone with the details. Not a flawless execution, but a great premise and super enjoyable book. We only get HFN and prep into another couple’s next book in the series.
Rejane
Mar 15, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The Hook-Up Experiment was such a fantastic enemies to lovers romance with the sassy spitfire and typical comedic shenanigans we have come to expect from an Emma Hart story. This novel was the perfect combination of enemies to lovers and single daddy swoon worthiness it made my head spin. It was sexy and addicting and I could not get enough of these two.

When Peyton Austin makes a bet with her brother that a person CAN in fact have a sexual relationship/friends with benefits arrangement with some
Dísir
Having a job that involves looking at dick pics isn’t one I’d personally pick for myself, though that alone is off-kilter enough to keep me reading in what is a really…loud, messy and mostly angst-free story. ‘The Hook-Up Experiment’ is as the title describes: a bet made to see if love can can still be taken out of the equation in a 2-week hookup.

This is upbeat, rom-com land (a style that works well for Emma Hart) and a read so easy to breeze through in a few hours. Hart’s relationship building
Nadia
This was unexpectedly wholesome. It started pretty dumb, and the heroine was very immature and over the top, but the great unexpected thing is that she sorta owns up to her mistakes and tries to make things work. When she finally cut out all the dramatics, it turned into such a sweet and heartwarming story that I am still grinning like a fool.

Definitely a different format of a romance novel, but absolutely worth reading and worth sticking to, even if the first part is a bit infuriating.
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

cc66799a966a2212090687cf2c889a

Emma Hart is the Queen of smart, sassy, and witty romantic comedy! The Hook-Up Experiment was an absolute gem of a read. This book had it all from charismatic characters, witty banter, and off the charts humor. And to top it off, it had the kind of romance that made you smile like a fool in love. Yes, I was that fool who fell in love with Hart’s writing and characters. How could I not when two frenemies discover that this is won’t be any hoo
Books, Coffee & Passion
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Books, Coffee & Passion
One of my favorite tropes in romance is enemies-to-lovers and The Hook-Up Experiment did not disappoint me.
Peyton is a confident, sexy, sassy, independent, successful woman, who can't say no to a bet especially if she knows she's going to win it... So, Peyton bets her brother that it's possible to hook up with someone three times and not fall in love and well... she's the perfect test subject. She's going to prove him wrong and win 5 hundred dollars. But she wasn't exp
Rohina
description

Single Dad? ✔
Second Chance Romance? ✔
Enemies-to-Lovers? ✔

descriptionShe owned a hook-up website and reveled in her freedom. I had a daughter and was braced for the fight of my life. Oil and water. We were oil and water, and if she was going to go through with this experiment, it needed to be done as soon as possible, so we could return to our normal lives. Before one of us did something really stupid.

OMG! I love the single dad trope and add into that mix a sassy heroine and an equally sassy 3 year old who
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
Hart delivers a laugh out loud funny read with just a touch of emotion and a whole lot of steam!
With a bit of an odd premise, Hart won me over with this well developed story and endearing characters.

After some misunderstandings in high school, we learn that Peyton can certainly hold a grudge. Ten years of hating Elliot puts quite a damper on any potential love connection, making him the perfect choice for her ridiculous bet with her brother...sleep with the same person three times in two weeks,
Irene

The Hook-Up Experiment by Emma Hart is a fun, sweet and very entertaining read.

I enjoyed the writing, it was well paced, the humor on point and the storyline held my attention from start to finish.
Watching Peyton and Elliott together made this a very amusing, heartwarming and entertaining read.
I loved how they find themselves back in each other's lives and how with some honest and harsh truths they were able to open their heart to forgive each other and put their past behind them.
And
Jan
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
OK, So I may have snorted tea through my nose while reading this book.

Emma Hart yet again delivers another quick witted sassy female in the name of Peyton and her sarcasm had me bursting with laughter when I least expected it, hence the kindle covered in tea numerous times.

Not only does Emma Hart know how to write contemporary romance well but she also knows what the reader wants and that's humour, hotness and all the bits in between that lead up to heartwarming hea.

I loved Peyton and Elliott
MillsyLovesBooks
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The Hook-Up Experiment by Emma Hart is the first book in The Experiment Duet. This maybe a duet but don't worry there is no cliffhanger it does have a HEA.

If you have read The Upside To Being Single, Then you will already know that these books centre around three best friends. The second book in The Experiment Duet is Chloe's story The Dating Experiment and don't worry they can be read as stand alone's but you are missing out on hilarious, sassy, fun filled reads.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Peyton, Chloe and Dom run a sis
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinion are my own.

If you have ever read a book by the lovely and ever so talented Emma Hart that you are aware that her books are always heavy on snark, with lots of steam, and filled with plenty of heart and family. After meeting most of these characters in The Upside to Being Single, I couldn't wait to travel back to this fictional world filled with Mardi Gra beads, flashing boobs, and hook-up websites and get a closer look. It wasn't l
Sylvie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom-com

4.25/5 Stars!

So this book is a companion to "The Upside Of Being Single', as I really enjoyed the first book I was looking forward to continue the other ones.

Our main character in this one is Peyton Austin she was one of Mellie's best friend in the previous book, Peyton owns a dating website alongside with her brother Dom and her other bestfriend Chloe.
Her brother challanges her to sleep with a guy three times in two weeks without falling in love with him, her
❤️Melanie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great, fun, sexy and laugh out loud read.
Josiane
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Peyton is the owner of hook-up website Pick-a-D*ck and literally reviews and rates hoodles of d*ck pics everyday.

I have 2 questions:
1. Where do I apply to work there?
2. How much does it pay? Oh hell, I’ll do it for free.

This was a short, entertaining book. Light, cute and funny and completely drama free.
Nice change of pace from my normal drama filled reading list.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
3.5

I nearly put this down and gave up because I found Payton too brash at the start but the further I read and the more we got with Elliot and Briony the more I enjoyed this.
Andi Isack
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My goodness! What a read! Steamy, sexy and so hillarious. The hook-up experiment promise great from that title. You will laugh so much reading this romance. That woman is something else. I swear. She's one in a million. Peyton is the steamy queen. Kinky sense of humor she gets! She knows everything in that department. And she's good. She is a really special "matchmaker". Until she turn into the protagonist of that special mission.
But she is not an easy prey. She is confident, challenging, smart,
Kahea
***5 ‘Emotions Were Of The Devil. And The Devil Was A Whore’ Stars***

I devoured this book.
I did.
I did start it the night before, but Daylight Savings happened and the brain did not Spring forward along with the time. But when I sat down and did the “just a peek, maybe a chapter” thing...well, it turned into finishing the book in no time flat (Sorry #workthing) but it was SO good. Laugh out loud funny, swoon worthy ~ in more ways than one, sweet and oh so smexy! It hit all my buttons in just t
Escape into a Booksite
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I LOVED this book! Peyton and Elliott were just plain amazing. The whole premise of the storyline, of Peyton's bet with her brother that she can sleep with someone 3 times in two weeks and not fall in love with them, is a really great idea.

Enter Mellie and Chloe and the fact they choose Peyton's high school crush turned enemy? Oh boy. Lots of hilarity and swoon-worthy moments ensue.

I fell in love with Elliott instantly, and Bri?
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
OMG! Oh my freaking goodness! After reading The Upside to Being Single back in January I knew that Peyton's story was going to be legendary and let me just say that Emma Hart certainly did not disappoint! She's not the QUEEN of ROMCOM for nothing...

The Hook-Up Experiment is book one in The Experiment series and damn readers are in for the ride of their life with this hilariously funny and sexy read. Peyton and Elliott's story was the perfect mixtur
Amy
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"If his personality matched his looks…Every female in the world would be fucked. Ovaries would explode just from being in his presence.”

“I wanted him to look me in the eye so I could feel the full effect of how he felt. I wanted to see him, real and raw, and I wanted to see every inch of him in this moment.”

“Peyton was unlike anyone else I knew. she always had been. She was open and free and didn’t give a fuck what I or anybody else thought about her. For all her bad qualities, this was one of h
Kristen
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
REVIEW:
Now that's what I'm talking about! The second book following the crazy trio of friends, Mellie, Chloe and Peyton, is back and awesome!

I was excited for this one because of what Peyton does for a living, thinking that some fun chaos may occur and who would be able to tame a women who not only is super independent but extremely open when it comes to her sexuality. Peyton runs the site Pick-A-Dick PAD, which she helps choose the right guy aka Dick for a women. She matches, long term, hook-up
Sophie
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
4.5 funny, refreshing Stars!

Queen of Rom-Com Emma Hart strikes again with a super sassy, humour filled story that was such a breeze to read!

Peyton & Elliot had me laughing SO much. Peyton is a RIOT. She's incredible sexy and sassy. Emma writes these heroines the best. She also writes incredible hero's that fill me with butterflies. Elliot was no different. He was AWESOME!

The TENSION in this book is BRILLIANT. I don't know anyone else who can write enemies to lovers meets laugh out loud roman
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

When I read the blurb for this I said to myself..."Ah, this is just the kind of book I need at the moment" and I was right. This was a cute funny romcom. The love the banter between Peyton and Elliot.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ms Hart is the queen of Rom Coms.
This is a laugh out loud, sweet, sassy story.
Peyton is the owner of a hookup website and her and Elliott and so great and funny togther.
I'm so excited for the next book in this series of Standalones.
I volunteered to read a copy of this book
Marishka
Feb 02, 2018 marked it as nope
Shelves: ebook
The series The Experiment is connected to the book The Upside to Being Single. The characters from this series play a big role in The Upside to Being Single. That's were they are first introduced and play big roles. In fact the epilogue of The Upside is about Peyton and the bet - the first book of this series. Not sure why that book isn't in this series also. Just FYI since this is something I would want to know so I would not read things out of order. I would be pissed if I read this series fir ...more
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

The Experiment (2 books)
  • The Dating Experiment (The Experiment, #2)