Start by marking “Ignite” as Want to Read:
Ignite

Ignite

In the ruins of dystopian London, the Empire rules through fear and fire.

“Everyone knew about ‘The Flames’ and how much trouble they had caused the Empire. They were the only rebel group anyone knew of that had lasted longer than a few months without getting caught, leaving candles behind whenever they snatched somebody out of the Empire’s grasp. To get involved with peopl
Paperback
Published March 8th 2017 by Inkitt (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Ignite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ignite

Snow
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 "dystopian" stars

Blime me, this was surprisingly good!

To get straight to the point, I think dystopian themed novels have to have a good credible plot, lots of action and somewhat „logical“ reasoning (unless we're talking about zombies, vamps or other imaginative creature) inspite of the fantasy genre, and this book has it all.

I was quite surprised by the elements of a good thriller/crime background, well developed characterisation and intertwined action with twist interjections.

The story of
Rachael ( RachaelRexds )
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
( Big thanks to the publisher for sending me an eARC for review! )

Ignite is a YA dystopian novel set in dystopian London where a very scary Emperor rules. Throughout the book, we follow the story of this group of teenagers called " The Flames " and they basically protect people from the Emperor's grasp. If you've been following me for awhile, you would know that I don't ever read dystopian novels BUT I absolutely loved Ignite :)

The premise does seem like your standard dystopian novel but the aut
Beth
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC copy of Ignite INKITT. This is my honest and voluntary review. Ignite is set for publication April 2017.
Sabrina
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

I received an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Would you look at that cover? It looks like it came from a snapshot from a movie. It’s sooo unique and I can stare at it for days. Not literally but you know what I mean.

I really enjoyed the premise of Ignite. It is not your normal dystopian YA novel and I believe the author does a great job distinguishing this book from the rest. The novel revolves around “The Flames
Nicole Hewitt
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Ignite is a fast-paced dystopian that doesn’t skimp on character. The story follows The Flames, a group of rebels who fights against the oppression of their brutal dictator and then leaves behind a burning candle to show that it’s members were there. Throughout the book, secrets are unraveled and the bonds of friendship (the kind that feels like family) are threatened—and possibly even broken.

What Fed My Addiction:

Trul
Loren Fleming
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In The Last Burning, Myers creates a simple, but clever post-Apocolyptic world that feels very realistic within its settings yet does not confuse the reader. The characters are well-written and memorable with relationships that feel very authentic. Probably one of the best parts of this novel is the way the friendship between female characters is portrayed. While this aspect is far from the main focus of the story, it acts as a wonderful support for the brilliantly executed plot and wonderful wr ...more
Rae Y
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely brilliant, one of my favourites that I've ever had the pleasure of reading. The plot is fantastic, the characters are relatable, the descriptions are terrific. I was upset when I finished it because I didn't want it to end-- I wanted more and more. I do hope she publishes a sequel someday. This writer is going places, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
Maureen
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read the Hunger Games, I’ve been a huge fan of dystopian books. So when I received an invitation to read and review ‘Ignite’ by Danielle Rogland I Immediately said yes. Especially after I saw that beautiful cover. That cover just makes you want to grab this book, and don’t stop reading till the end.

In ‘Ignite’ we travel to the ruins of New London. New London is ruled by an evil emperor called Donavan. There is only one remaining rebel group that still remains, ‘The Flames’. One day
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
well.... WOW!!
Lydia
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, will-reread
I got this book for free at a college event, and was afraid it would be cliched dystopia/post-apocalyptic fiction. Boy, was I wrong. The characters are all engaging, the plot is clever, and the world building is masterful. Often what makes or breaks this genre is the setting and characters, and both are well done. Further, while there is certainly room for a sequel, the story arc concludes nicely--no annoyingly evil cliffhangers!

I recommend this wholeheartedly.
Cheryl
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Since Hunger Games, the Maze Runner, and Insurgent to name a few hit the big screens, it seems that more focus has been highlighted on dystopian novels. You have to be careful as most are good but some can be underwhelming. In this case, it was the former. This was a well written novel with strong characters.

Jacks learns that the Flames are made up of five teens...Jeremy, Zira, Addy, Finn, Corry. It is crazy that five teens can and have survived the Empire. Jacks was a nice addition to this gro
Vrushali Pathak
PLOT

This book takes place hundred years ahead in a place called New London which is now under Emperor Donovan. He is cruel and evil and often the rebels are burned down with their house by the DRT agents who work for Donovan.

Jacks is a pickpocket and an orphan now. She lives in the streets and is well aware of the people and places. The Flames is a group that is known to all but never seen by anybody because they are a resistance group. Jacks herself was part of a group and they were all killed
Natalie {I'd So Rather Be Reading}
Original review HERE

Ignite, previously titled The Last Burning, was such a simple yet clever post-apocalyptic read. I had never read anything by Rogland and I am glad I did. She does a fantastic job of creating a dystopian world that does not resemble any other I've read (which is a hard feat in this genre) and it is non-stop action until the very last page. I had a hard time finding a breaking point and kept telling myself "one more chapter" until I realized I was done... that's a good story!

Th
Levia
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in awe of this story. Each character is very real and you begin to understand them. You feel their pain, their joy, their victory and their defeat. It is a fantastic beginning and I look forward to continuing this amazing series, if the author has written or plans to write more. I'm captivated. I cannot wait to find out how things turn out in the end.
I read this for free for an honest review through Inkett advertised on Simbi.
Crystal Beran
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Danielle,

Please write more books.

Much aloha,
Crystal

P.S. See you soon on tour!
Martyna
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it

THE WORLD: The plot takes place in a future, to be more specific in a city called New London, what is an Empire now, and is ruled by Emperor, Donovon. The city is destroyed, ruins everywhere, no food, no commodities, no luxury. People are either very poor or live in the Emperor Palace and is rather rich.

Society in this new world is divided into rebellion and people who are generally scared of the Empire or DRT, this sort if police figure. And then there is the DRT world that tries to keep every
Hilary (SongsWroteMyStory)
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

There are a few million dystopian books on the go these days, especially since the Hunger Games blasted onto the market a few years back. It seems like everyone and their dog has taken a stab at writing a dystopian, which only makes it harder to authors to do something interesting and unique in this genre to stand out from the masses.

Rogland's dystopian London is fairly reminescent of most other dystopian worlds,
Teresa
ISBN: B06Y5M85K3
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/Ignite-Daniell...
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
"Everyone knew about 'The Flames' and how much trouble they had caused for the Empire. They were the only rebel group anyone knew about that had lasted longer than a few months without getting caught, leaving candles behind whenever they snatched somebody out of the Empire's grasp. Getting involved with people like them is stupid. So stupid."
Nicole
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book from inkitt for an honest review. Thank you!!

This novel was a nice read, but a little confusing at times due to there being multiple points of view. It is about a group of people trying to stop an evil ruler, trying to bend everyone to his will and killing anyone who stands in his way. Each person has a secret, some known, others hidden. These secrets will impact the partnership they have formed in various ways.
"The Flames" are a rebel group, run by Zira, who trusts no one e
Jane Blanchard
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ignite by Danielle Rogland hooks you right from the beginning. The tale develops from the POV of four major characters: Jacks (orphaned and living on the streets as a pickpocket), Corry (one of the leaders of the Flames), Zira (the leader of the Flames with a mysterious past), and Jeremy (another street orphan working with the Flames). In this post-apocalyptic world, the Flames are a rebel group working against Donovan and his Empire.

Ms. Rogland does a great job in developing the characters; you
Jill
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The teen-age years are for exploring and learning how to become an adult within society norms. For Jacks it is about survival when her parents are killed and she finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time. She needs to decide whether to follow Empire rules or join the rebellion. There are unanswered questions as to why New London is in ruins. It is no surprise that Emperor Donovan does horrible things to stay in power. The rebels are the most realistic characters. They believe in their c ...more
Vikki Patis
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love dystopian fiction, it's one of my absolute favourite genres, and Ignite deserves a place among the best. But Rogland also deserves to stand apart, as her writing and imagination are flawless. Rogland is a unique writer, giving us the perspective of several characters, allowing us to get a feel for the world she has created.

Meet Jacks, the new YA heroine that doesn't disappoint. She's smart and tough and brilliant, a survivor in a dystopian world that likes to chew people up and spit them
Lynndell
Ignite by Danielle Rogland begins with an intense prologue of a fire in a home with a young child and both parents being shot. The story is told in the alternating points of view of Jacks, Corry, Zira and Jeremy as they hide and rebel against the government and the head of that government, Donovan. This futuristic dystopian has all the intrigue and danger needed to grip readers and give them a cause worth rooting for. The story confuses at first because of the new terms used in the world buildin ...more
Monica
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome story enjoyed every minute!

Gripping read! The story and characters were so well written not too pretty or sweet but believable. Action packed and characters you grow to love and hate. 5 stars easily. A great book has everything a book should have!
Norma Mason
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting!

A harsh reality is laid bare in this novel new world of the Empire. The characters are well-written, the story line totally believable. I've never read this author before, but I'm about to check to see what else she's written!
Monica Bready
Was OK, but did not hold my attention very well.
Jenna
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF I wanted to love this, but I couldn't connect with the main character.
John Tangen
Teen novel

Not a bad teen novel. A good look into a post modern world. Engaging characters and a good story line.
Sophia
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I don't tend to pick up and enjoy dystopians, but I know the author so I decided to give this one a try. And I am so glad I did! I enjoyed it a lot, and the plot was very timely (fighting back against an oppressive government). I swore aloud at least twice while reading this book, which is a testament to how invested I got in the characters and story.
Brit Thorton
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was given to me by the author, not sure why she's giving them away because it was a really good read. It was not a formulaic dystopian novel; angst-y future girl, love triangles, all that. I appreciated reading the story from the different characters' points of view. I wanted more at the end, I hope there is a sequel!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • No Exit (The Big Empty, #4)
  • The Education of Mary: A Little Miss of Color: 1832
  • Overpowered
  • Dead River
  • Hate is Such a Strong Word
  • Memory Boy (Memory Boy, #1)
Danielle Rogland began writing Ignite at the age of 17 and finished at age 21. She is now 25 and lives in Seattle, Washington, where she earned her English degree from Seattle Pacific University, and works in marketing and freelance writing while working on her second novel. She grew up near Portland, Oregon, and was always one of those kids who carried around giant books like The Lord of the Ring ...more