Start by marking “Cinderstellar (Star-Crossed Tales, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cinderstellar (Star-Crossed Tales, #4)

Cinderstellar

(Star-Crossed Tales #4)

When you wish upon the stars… you might get more than you ever dreamed of.

Clipped wings…

Stella wants nothing more than to be a pilot like her mother, who died on a mission years ago. However, she doesn’t want to be like the arrogant “Aces” at Starforge Academy, especially that show-off Dax.

But the Aces aren’t her biggest problem. Her father — the Commandant of Starforge
Published January 8th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Cinderstellar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinderstellar

Hollie
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I have to say, the blurb sounded intriguing on this one. I found the book to be "ok" but nothing overly impressive. I think the main reason being is that it was so short. Therefore, it felt as if it lacked any sense of depth (with the storyline and characters). I must admit, that this is the first I have read in this series, so perhaps that's why I wasn't a big fan? It was just an average read for me. Not a series I will continue.
Yvonne
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Stella, janitor and want to be space pilot, beats all the flight students in the simulations and as a reward gets to go to the front lines of the war and almost certain death. The poor evil stepmother was only following Stella's father's orders and may or may not have been evil at all, she certainly wasn't nice. Father himself was too stupid to hold his high position and did not exhibit sufficient grovel when his actions came to light. Stella is better off on the front lines living her dream.
anjuli
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
This is a Cinderella retelling in space. Lately, I've been on a fairy tale retelling binge. Don't know why?But I've been enjoying the light, fluffy reads.

Anywho, this wasn't a stellar (see what I did there???) retelling IMO. I was intrigued by the intergalactic retelling of it and it was somewhat enjoyable. However, it was more telling than showing. Stella, our MC, was nothing spectacular and honestly, I could care less about her. Dax, our "prince", was so-so. There wasn't much about the charac
Myriam
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jm-page
What an amazing read this was! And what an amazingly fresh and inventive approach to the traditional story of Cinderella.
The story is set off Earth, in the interstellar flight academy, where the Federation pilots are trained. The main female character Stella is the daughter of the Academy Commander and her mother was the legendary Federation pilot who was killed in battle a decade before the story starts. Her life is heard, she works as a janitor at the academy, as her father will not allow her
Desiree Jacobson
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good and enjoyable, but....

Enjoyable. Good. Nice writing and good interplay with the characters. There are some parts that aren't explained for why people do or do not like the main character like the way the stepmother or daughter treat her.
I enjoyed it being in space and the fun soon it took. I thought it was cute and funny how he figured out it was her. I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't super captivating.
Carolyn
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

I can’t say why, but for some reason reading this book always puts me in a good mood. It’s just one of those books with a genuinely satisfying ending that one can’t help but smile about.

My only complaint is that it is too short: only about 70% of the book is part of the story, the last 30% is all author’s notes and previews of other books by the author.
Eva Wade
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've never read anything by this author and i have to say i loved this book. It was one of the best cinderella renditions i've ever read. I wont go into any details except to say you know the story of Cinderella and although its very different some elements remain. Like what the main character considers her evil stepmother and her evil step sister. This is a standalone and has a HEA
Rosa Maria Garcia
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

Wonderful fairy tale story with a different twist and the author knows how to keep you on your toes. The story has action, villain, fairy godmother, and romance with awesome characters. A must buy and keep them coming.
Ellen
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cinderella
Cinderella is my favorite fairytale. I love seeing it done in different ways. This one was unique. I found the concept enjoyable and I loved the retelling. Only problem is I found the romance fast but still interesting definably going to read more from this author
Kristen Hall
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun and well-written retelling.
T.J.
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
A plus on the cover design. The plot was interesting, but that was about it. The characters could have been better developed and not act like hormonal middle schoolers. What I really missed was the details. I had a vague idea of their surrounding, but other than everything was supposedly chrome, I wasn't sure what I was trying to picture. Also, the relationships between characters was flimsy, it just needed more depth. I felt like I was reading a first draft of something.
Raina Collins
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful twist on the Cinderella story and this time it is in space. The story stays light and simple. Stella wants to be like her mom, a great space pilot. But after her mom's death and her father is remarried, she is forced to become a janitor and has to watch all the students learn to fly. There are no fairy godmothers but there are great friends and a stepbrother who is actually pretty cool, in a nerdy way. Her Prince Charming is actually the best pilot at the school, but her stepsister h ...more
Fran
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this is absolutely amazing! I love fairy tale retelling especially if the author can successfully capture the heart of the story but manage to add their own spin. it is very hard to do. I have read many good ones and many terrible ones. This was one of the best! It has aliens, and space battle academy and all the feelings you love about Cinderella. Its like mixing Ender's Game with Cinderella.

Stella is now one of my new favorite characters of all time. talented, hard working, and not at all upp
SM
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Jennifer Erwin
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this retelling of Cinderella in a futuristic sci-fi setting. Cute story.
Country Goose
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super Cute

Sci-fi meet fairytale, this is a really cute story with an added book of the Frog Prince. The Frog Prince isn't as good as Cinderstellar, but it is worth reading, I think. There is just something to connect with through Dax and Stella.
Stephani Austin
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet book. Nice adaptation of Cinderella. The setting is space and there were some twists, but many elements were there.

This is the first I've read in this series and I'd be happy to read more.
Amanda
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I can't say enough about these retellings...it's definitely a new twist on this and I love it!
Julie Jefferies
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All her life, all Stella has wanted to do is follow in her Mums footsteps and be the best pilot, but her StepMum is doing everything in her power to foil her plans. Stella sneaks in and flies the simulators at night while everyone sleeps, except one night when Dax is taking a moment for himself and watches his high score get beaten and then it's erased like it never happened. Dax, despite his talent doesn't want to get his license and fight, and maybe this mystery pilot is his chance to escape t ...more
Arys
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella in space! What else do you need to know? Cinderstellar by J. M. Page is another installment in her Star Crossed Tales series that I really enjoyed.

Stella (Star +Ella?) longs to join the Starforge Academy and be a pilot like her mother, but her father, stepmother and stepsister won't let her. Dax doesn't want his role in life, spelled out by his prestigious General father, to be what is expected of him. Both are downtrodden and stuck in their roles, Stella as a janitor, Dax destined to
Suzanna Slanderz
Feb 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
After reading all the good reviews on this book I decided to give it a shot. I'm not one for writing negative reviews, but for some odd reason this book just annoyed the heck out of me and I just had to voice my opinion. I just couldn't get into this authors style of writing for this book. The characters just seemed so whiny, the story so cliche, and flat. I really wanted to like this book so I pushed through to about 3/4 of the book before I just couldn't take it anymore. Coming up with a great ...more
Lory
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed this book to the fullest!!! Not only because I love the retelling of the classic fairy tales, but the fact the author made it unique. Who would've thought of Cinderella in space. Not only that it had aliens, and space battle academy to add more intrigued to the mixed. For once I love the fact that the Prince ( Dax ) was taking a backseat for once, he didn't want the role in life, that his prestigious General father expected from him it was refreshing. Overall this was entert ...more
Dorn Carran
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
A shorter story than you think

I am giving this three stars mainly because the page length of the book is a lie. There are actually two stories in one, the second being the alien frog Prince, so the cinderstellar is a lot shorter than you think.

The book is a nice read. It is a quirky sci fi twist on Cinderella, but is not a technical or engrossing read. It isn't anything special but is well written enough to be enjoyable - just don't expect much.
Angala Fox
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review.
This is a wonderful fairy tale retelling. I loved that Stella was strong and tried to fulfill her dreams. I was pulled in from the first page and didn't want to wait to finish this book. Definitely recommended as a must read.
SJ
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book, I was not sure how this was going To go, but I was hooked from the beginning and was unable to put it down

Stella is Cinders and Dax is Prince Charming, along with a bit so ugly step sister and step mum.

This is a fantastic story, very well written and I loved it
Denise
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love these romantic space adventures. :)
Sierra
Feb 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Walking on Knives
  • Beauty & Cruelty
  • The Tremblers (Blackburn Chronicles #1)
  • Free Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #5)
  • Crumbs: A Lesbian Hansel and Gretel (Sappho's Fables: Lesbian Fairy Tales)
  • Sexy Librarian's Big Book of Erotica
  • Of Life, Death, Aliens and Zombies
  • The Cindy Chronicles: The Complete Set
  • Neverland Evermore
  • Charming: A Cinderella Prequel (The Dark Woods, #1)
  • Hugh Howey Lives
  • Worlds Seen in Passing: Ten Years of Tor.com Short Fiction
  • The God Killers
  • The Sea Was a Fair Master
  • Nightmares: A New Decade of Modern Horror
  • Kitsune: A Little Mermaid Retelling (Tales of Akatsuki, #1)
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)

J.M. Page writes timeless fairytales with a sci-fi twist. You can expect sweeping adventures in far-off galaxies, love in unexpected places, and of course a Happily Ever After every time!

Star-Crossed Tales (9 books)
  • The Prince and the Cyborg (Star-Crossed Tales, #1)
  • Beauty and the Space Beast (Star-Crossed Tales, #2)
  • Alien Frog Prince (Star-Crossed Tales, #3)
  • Lady and the Space Tramp (Star-Crossed Tales #5)
  • The Little Cyborg (Star-Crossed Tales #6)
  • Planet Neverland (Star-Crossed Tales #7)
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarf Planets (Star-Crossed Tales #8)
  • Thumbelalien (Star-Crossed Tales, #9)