Start by marking “From A Distance” as Want to Read:
From A Distance

From A Distance

After an intense whirlwind romance, Karrie Parker thought she had it all: a sexy husband, a loving family, a great career and a beautiful home.

Together they lived a life fit for royalty.

But when tragedy strikes, Karrie is devastated and left to face the consequences of her husband’s deepest, darkest secrets. Discovering the strength to carry on while making important, life
Published February 27th 2017 by L.M. Carr

To ask other readers questions about From A Distance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From A Distance

Shannon Moore
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I love how the beginning starts with a nice little life lesson that more people should really consider. Always, and I do mean always, trust the opinions of your family and close friends. If they don't think a guy is right or good enough for you, trust them! I know this doesn't work in every situation but if you have a close relationship with your mother, and she tries to get you to not marry your fiancé, that should be sending off warning bells big time. Trust your family, and trust the guy's la ...more
Becky Rendon
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I admit my distaste for a man I knew to be dick did not diminish my empathy for his wife. L.M. Carr makes sure that you feel her love, devotion, and frustration. You will know pain reading this book. Confusion, desperation, and disgust. Fear, distrust, and sorrow. Disbelief, doubt, and utter disdain.

But you will also experience hope, joy, and love. And we all know it's better to have loved...maybe it depends on the object of your love.

Karrie fell for the charming man she met. She fell head over
KceeReads
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
From A Distance by L.M. Carr is my very first read from this author and she has taken me by surprise!

From A Distance is the story of Karrie Parker and her discovery of the lies covering her royal marriage to drag racing legend. I would really want to share more about the story's plot but I'm feeling like anything I say will spoil it for readers. I dove into this book blindly and I want you all to do the same. I want you to experience the same excitement and angst I felt while reading L.M. Carr's
nikki
May 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I had seen someone recommend this book in a Facebook group and I immediately loved the sound of it - major angst and lots of twists and turns. Perfect!
Or so I thought...
The story was just a car crash... Karrie is married to Alex and she absolutely despises his best friend Tyler. HATES HIM!! The phrase “I hate Tyler Strong” is repeated multiple times over the first few chapters. Things happen (I’m not going to spoil it all) but then all of a sudden, she is declaring her love for him out of nowhe
Samantha Ramadani
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
#tylerstrong

How does one write up a review of a book that they really felt down to their soul. LM Carr has reached into my soul and stolen a piece of me for ever with almost ever character she writes. From A Distance is just as brilliantly and epically written as The Giving Into You Series and the Casting Stones duet but there other level that Tyler Strong reaches. You fight for the hero who should get the girl and your heart breaks for the turmoil of the Distance that has to be travelled. You
Lauren
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved karrie. She was able to forgive and see the other side and move on. Tyler pissed me off. He kept too many secrets from people he loved. Overall I thought the story was cute.
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
4.00 - 4.50 Stars
Title: From a Distance
Author: LM Carr
Release Date: February 27, 2017
Standalone

I totally binge read and devoured From a Distance by LM Carr in almost one sitting. LM Carr spun a wicked web infused with lies, love, and heartfelt emotion. There were times that I wanted to drop kick my Kindle or hug the two main characters as I waited for story elements to present themselves. There were so many emotional and dramatic twists and turns that made this book utterly unputdownable. This w
Dri ✰
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
4 “you are stronger than ever.” stars!★

“Sometimes you don’t see the beauty in something until you step back and look at it from a distance.”
Renee
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Karrie Parker thinks she has it all. Married to a motorcycle racing god Alex Parker after a whirlwind romance. A loving and supportive family. A great career as a nurse. And, she also has a beautiful home. Together they lived a life fit for royalty. However, when tragedy strikes leaving Karrie devastated, she is left to face the consequences of her husband's deepest darkest secrets. Karrie finds herself making life changing decision
Jenn the Readaholic
Drama, drama everywhere

Wow. Talk about dramariffic train wrecks. Dead husband is a habitual cheater, his best friend loves the widow, there were identical bike bunny twins that the best friend and adulterous scumbag both banged, but it’s all okay in the end with little to no real resolution. Oh, and then we suddenly learn that the dead husband was a wife beater also. It was just TOO MANY tropes tied up in one not so fabulous book.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Absolutely Gutwrenching and Hauntingly Beautiful!!!

Karrie is drawn into a spider's web by the man she is married to. Alex lies, cheats, and likes to keep Karrie under his thumb. I see no escape for her, and no relief from her sham of a marriage. The person she thought loved her, turns out to be the one who was going to destroy her! I think that every minute of their relationship was a Big Fat Lie!! If he was somebody that I loved, he would be very sorry! His friend Tyler would be sorry too! Tyl
Helene Book Hoarder
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where to start... LM Carr had me in a heart rending and heart warming roller coaster ride throughout this overwhelming heart stopping story.

I lost two nights of sleep because I couldn't stop reading. I normally don't like the female characters in the books I read and love. But you can't help but love Karrie Parker. That's one of the reasons I love LM Carr's books, the characters a relatable as well as her stories.

Every emotions Karrie went through I felt, the anger, happiness, sorro
H.B. Jasick
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stronger Than Ever

This story was absolutely beautiful. You will be devastated more than a couple times. You will not be able to put it down. A story about how everything happens for a reason, and finding your true happily ever after despite all the heartbreak that jumps in your path. I will be suggesting this book to all my friends!

Reviewed for Sweet Spot Sisterhood
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
I'm sitting here speechless, yet wanting to yell so many emotions about this book, these characters but I wouldn’t know how to start, or which direction to go without spoiling, but all I know is YOU MUST READ THIS AWESOME BOOK. I'm going to try a leave a decent review cause this book deserve it .
Kerri loves her husband Alex, more than anything, even if he is a few years older and he has BFF (Tyler) that she loathes, he is her world. Kerri knows that not ever married couple is perfect but in her
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
From a Distance was heart wrenching and sob worthy. Have a glass of wine and a box of tissues at hand because trust me when I say, you are going to need them!!!

oh....my....god! this book was freaking unbelievable and full of twists that even i didn't see coming!

This book has made my Top Reads of 2017 list.

For fear of giving away spoilers or spoiler related content i'm not going to dive into the story line.One thing i would HIGHLY recommend though, go into this novel COMPLETELY blind. Don't rea
Poppy Reads
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Read and reviewed on behalf of I am a Book Hoarder

From a Distance by LM Carr is one of the most beautiful and touching stories I have read in a very long time; I am just in awe of this story. It is by far the best book I’ve read in 2017 and will be hard to beat.

I’ve taken my time writing this review because I am not only at a loss for words but I don’t know where to even begin.

I can tell you that I read this book in a very short period of time because I had to know the outcome. I ran the gamut
Kerry Melton
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Lm Carr books but this one is by far her best. I see so much growth in her writing she has poured her soul into this story. This book is full of sorrow and joy.

I felt every emotion karrie as endured with the a tragic events in her life she is found herself in denial, she unravels lies and deceit from someone she never would have excepted. she has hidden her own secrets. Karrie hasn't lived the picture perfect life everyone think she has, with each step Karrie also finds forgi
Maria Angie Mendoza
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a story!!
The title is very fitting!
A unique, emotional and complex story where a moment in time changed the lives of Karrie, Alex and Tyler.
When a sudden tragedy strikes, Karrie discovers that she was living a life of secrets, lies and betrayals. The husband she loved wasn't who she thought he was, and the man she hated because of her husband's falsehoods, was really her champion.
The characters were likable and easy to relate to. They invoked emotions in me where I wanted to reach into my
Krissy loves to read
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! Holy crap!!! Top of my Best of 2017!!
Janneke Wolbers
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was everything and more!

It made me cry my eyes out and at the same time made me wanna smile!
It had my heart racing from beginning to end!

I seriously cannot wait for more from LM Carr!
Kasey Sullivan
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book! Right from the start you know something has to happen. As a reader, I'm reading Kerrie's words and hearing her thoughts and yet I'm thinking to myself, "how does she not see this? How can see not know?" She's just living her life and everything is grand.... BAM!!! Everything falls apart. You knew something was coming but WOW!!!
Her world comes tumbling down. I feel for her.
Everything you think you know was a lie. Alex, not even going to waste my time with that D & D (it's from th
Cheryl Whitty
This was reviewed for Book Addict Live. 4.5stars
From a Distance in the title refer to Tylor Strong loving his best friend’s wife.

Karrie has been married to Alex for 5 years, but all he wants to do is race Motorbikes with Tyler at weekends. Karrie is pissed at her husband for going racing on their wedding anniversary. So Karrie ends up working the night shift at the local Hospital as ER nurse. So she is on duty when car crash victims come.

Tyler and Alex are brought in, but Karrie is unaware and
Kathleen R.
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: From A Distance
Author: LM Carr

4 unexpected stars

Wow. You know when they say that when you're outside the box you're able to see so much more than when you're in it? LM Carr proves it more than once when it came to her latest novel From A Distance. I was floored by this novel that put things into perspective and proving how sometimes unwanted conversations can be helpful, even if we're not ready to hear the whole truth. Karrie was happily married to a man that she was madly in love with
Jenn
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. It is a complete standalone, written in Karrie's POV. Karrie is a nurse that experiences a significant tragedy and bonds with the one person she least expects. I sort of felt like I read two different books, the beginning and the ending so different. The book started off a little chopping and was a bit slow for me in some parts. The writing was intriguing and grabbed my attention but I felt the the story was not really moving anywhere for a good ...more
Dana
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
From a Distance was a book from an author I had never read before.

What would you do when you realized that the perfect life you have been living for years is not as perfect as you thought it was? Karrie is married to Alex, her love; but Alex has a secret that his best friend, Tyler, knows. Karrie hates Tyler for always taking her husband away from her.

Now the next question……What would you do if the only person who can lift you up is the one person you hate? And that is how the relationship betw
Chasidy
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about an emotional whirlwind. From a Distance is a book that touches you down to your soul. I am not sure how to write my review without spoilers. This book will definitely be on my top reads for 2017.

I devoured this book in almost one sitting. Words cannot do this book justice. Karrie is such a strong person. Karrie’s husband, Alex lies, cheats, and likes to keep Karrie under his thumb. I didn't see any escape for her. There were so many twists and turns that I never saw coming.

This is my
Bonnie Mancuso
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING LOVE STORY!!! This is the first book I've read by LM Carr and I absolutely loved it. From A Distance is such an emotional story. I highly recommend a box of tissues while reading this one. This story will touch your heart like no other. It's beautifully written. I couldn't put it down and I look forward to reading more by this author.
Jessica
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I'm not sure what to say about this book. This is so in my top reads ever. An emotional rollercoaster ride. You will feel everything from pain to hatres to love and everything in between. You will feel loss and sorrow, and happiness.

This is a story of Love, Hate and Faith.

Tyler and Karrie are both very strong characters thrown toegether after tragedy.

Some things were easy to figure out and some twists have you guessing. I couldn't put this book down. L.M.Carr well done!!
Within The Pages Book Blog
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a touching story about loving someone from afar and wishing that she could be yours.

From a Distance had my emotions all over the place. My heart physically hurt for Karrie and what she went through. It broke for Tyler too because he wanted something that was just out of reach so all he could do was watch from a distance.

So much could be said but I would also be giving away way too much info and I don't want to spoil it for anyone. L.M. Carr tells a beautiful story about loss, heartbreak, de
Nora Fresse
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I signed up for an ARC of this book and didn’t really know much about it because, well, it’s LM Carr. I’ve read several books from this author and have loved them. This story is just…WOW! The feels, the emotions, the twists and turns in the plot were amazing. My heart broke and I was left bawling, with a huge book hangover. It’s one of those stories you won’t forget anytime soon.

Karrie Parker married Alex Parker, an older more experienced man who swept her off her feet. Despite what some people
« previous 1 3 4 next »
drag racing 2 5 Feb 28, 2017 11:55AM

• After All Is Said and Done - A Novel of Infidelity, Healing, & Forgiveness
  • A Surrogate Love Affair
  • Double Betrayal (Surviving #3)
  • Picked
  • Personal Experiences (Personal, #1)
  • The Evolution of Ivy: Poison (The Evolution of Ivy, #1)
  • Low Blow (Shots on Goal #4)
  • Stolen Wish (Blood Realm #5)
  • Deadly Shadow: A Paranormal Suspense Thriller (The Assassin Chronicles Book 1)
  • Landslide
  • Dead Time (Between Two Evils, #3)
  • The Departed (The Departed Series #1)
  • Car Crash (Collision Series, #2)
  • Emily (Skipping Stones #1)
  • Somethin' Bad (CorpsSecurity in Hometown)
  • Oliver (This is Our Life Series #3)
  • After It's Over
  • At the Risk of Forgetting
L.M. Carr, author of the Giving Trilogy, the Stones Duet, and two sexy stand-alone novels, is a wife, a mom, an educator, a reader and a writer who lives in central Connecticut with her family. When she’s not sitting at her computer writing, she loves to get lost in a good book or spend time with family and friends.

After self-publishing the trilogy in 2015, a suspenseful romance tale about Mia De