Start by marking “Alice” as Want to Read:
Alice

Alice

Alice is near breaking point. Floods have left her beautiful dream home a damaged mess, her step children's lack of respect is giving her migraines and, worst of all, her husband is giving her no support to lean on. Her life is slowly spiralling out of control.

When Alice's daughter, Anne Marie, repeatedly falls victim to aggressive vandals, Alice finally can take no more.
Published January 31st 2017 by Austin Macauley Publishers Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice

Start your review of Alice
James
Alice is a novel written by K. L. Loveley and published in 2017. I read another work by this author last year and enjoyed her writing style, plot, and character creation, prompting me to pick up one of her earlier books. Prior to the book's opening, Alice's husband cheated on her and left her quite unhappy. She put herself through school, raised their two children, and kept her focus on the future. A few years passed before she remarried and joined her family with his 4 teenage children. His wif ...more
Eva
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After her first husband left her for another woman, Alice's confidence got a knock. But with the support of her children, she quickly found her feet again and even got a degree. Then she met Robin. They bought a house together and got married and slowly things started to fall apart.

Not only did a flood ruin their dream home, Robin's children are manipulative, disrespectful and lazy. Not wanting to rock the boat and be the stereotypical wicked stepmother, Alice bottles things up. But her husband
Caroline Vincent
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
K.L. Loveley is the author of ALICE – a “gritty but true to life story of a woman who finds herself in desperate straits.” When Alice has freed herself from her bonds and from the disruptiveness surrounding her, she finds out that freedom might be overrated. Time for Alice to go on a quest for her life’s yearning. This interesting and intriguing concept is what Alice is about?

Storyline

To say that Alice has had a difficult life is an understatement: she divorced her husband, lived alone with her
Louise
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really good read. Well written, it's as if I knew the characters, to the point that I felt angry with the step children's behaviour towards Alice.
Alison
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice is a lady who has been through some life-changing events but has always taken her role as wife and mother seriously, putting others well being and feelings before her own.

Following her divorce she eventually finds love again with Robin. He is widowed so Alice also becomes step-mother to his four adult children along with her two they meld into one large family.

After finding their dream house and falling into traditional family lives it should all be bliss. Alice has always bestowed manners
Ellen B
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!
Caryl Williams
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a novel that reads more like a memoir and as a fan of memoirs that is certainly no bad thing. Rich in description and attentive to detail, the events of one woman’s descent into alcoholism are chronicled here in a horribly fascinating way.

At first I wondered where it was all leading. I didn’t really warm to Alice at first – her life was too perfect and I thought she was slightly anal. The writer draws us in though and slowly reveals that Alice’s life is far from perfect.

As her life bec
Roxanne
This is a Goodreads win review. This book was a little hard for me. The subject of alcohol is too close to me from some family members.
Mason
Marisa Piedade
Jan 28, 2017
Aileen Mckenzie
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alice is a compelling novel about a woman who has really gone through the wringer. She thinks that finally she has found happiness but piece by piece her life starts to fall apart and the pressure is becoming increasingly hard for Alice to bear. As things get tougher Alice turns to the bottle to drown her sorrows, only this only adds to her problems as her life becomes a pressure cooker.

The author portrays Alice's alcoholism realistically, and her character was easy to empathise with. It is no s
Lisa