Start by marking “Soul Sanctuary (Spirit Shield Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Soul Sanctuary (Spirit Shield Saga, #2)

Soul Sanctuary (Spirit Shield Saga #2)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
A temple awakened. The forbidden mountain stirs.The dead are missing.

Snatched from her home by a Primordial Seeker, seventeen-year-old Avery is imprisoned by the people she intended to serve. In a desperate bid for freedom, she escapes, only to find herself racing against time to save those who seek to use her.
Driven by jealousy, the lust for power and the stain of ancie
Published January 26th 2017 by Susan Faw

To ask other readers questions about Soul Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Sanctuary

Damian Southam
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the world to have reincarnation and the recycling of the life souls who's spirit fuels the powers of the world, spirit shields are necessary. These spirit shields should share the various pressures of the workload, and in so doing they have dominion over their respective aspects of the processes of life and death. Disarray in one or more of these domains means that life as its known is at risk of being snuffed out. Eons ago, one godling used the distractions of a sister who had become involv ...more
Lana
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Am really enjoying this amazing series now that i have all four books and can read right through the series! Susan Faw weaves a very complicated tale of the four godling siblings, in charge of their different spheres, Helga in charge of the underworld and the souls of those who did not deserve to return, the evil ones, Artio in charge of the heavens, the moon and the stars but who had experimented and failed and been banished for so long and now came back in the body of a bear and ready for reve ...more
Phthon
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The next book in an amazing and intriguing saga. I found myself cheering on Avery and Cayden and despairing with the deviousness of Helga and Artois. Susan Faw, you are going to have to write faster!
A.A. Jankiewicz
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soul Sanctuary continued right where Seers of Souls leaves off. With Cayden having ascended to the throne, it would seem that everything will go smoothly but it’s not to be so. Ancient forces are being awakened that threaten to destroy the realm and claim dominion over all souls.

I enjoyed this second instalment as much as I enjoyed the first. The characters were all well fleshed out and the world Susan Faw has created is much larger than the books lead on, which in my personal opinion is fantast
Auburn
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The good: The story does a great job keeping your attention and making you care about Avery and her question to be her own person and priestess. The author does a good job of keeping the world of the first book while expanding it into this one.

The bad: This book is pretty slow to start out. It takes about 5 chapters before your into the story and able to really enjoy it. The writing is a bit over the top descriptive in places as well.

The Epilogue: If you read the first book or are a fan of epic
Donna
*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*

I enjoyed this book but I had a really hard time getting into the story. It had a very slow start. Once I got into the story it improved and held my attention better. There is a lot going on in this book. The focus in this book is Avery but it does switch over to her brother and a few other characters. Not a bad series but I wish it would pull the reader in quicker.
Thomas
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cayden and Avery learn that they are actually godlings, Caerwyn and Alfreda along with their two sisters, Helga, who rules the underworld and desires to rule the entire world, and Artio, who was banished to the moon, but has been reborn as a cross between a bear and a human. She seeks revenge for her death, and all her siblings will pay.

Civil war is breaking out across the land, one people against the other, and fierce creatures only heard of in fairy tales now roam the land. Only by uniting th
Anne Monteith
Book 2 picks up where the first book ends. Cayden has regained the throne of Cathair and secured the well of souls with Zionia by his side. Sharisha, Avery and their father are on their way to the Primordial lands which is torn between two warring factions; the Spirit Clans and the Flesh Clans. The Flesh Clan resurrects Artio a godling sister of the twins and Helga into the body of a bear and she is out for revenge as is the deposed queen Alcinia. Helga is still planning on turning everyone into ...more
Diana Page
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Cayden and Avery ( the twins if you haven't read book 1) are back in danger and trying to make their way in a world full intrigue, with everyone they think they can trust being suspect, as too many of them want the power to either rule as a King/Queen or Goddess. Slow going at first, but picks up and flows smoothly, I recommend reading book 1 to get the most enjoyment , but you can understand what's happening and has happened previously if you give it several chapters. If you like mag ...more
Natasha Clark-French
I had trouble connecting with the voice of in some parts of this story which is disappointing because it has all the elements I adore; magic, mystery, Gods, loyalty, death, and so much more plus the author is so incredibly nice.
There plenty of times where I felt the flow of the writing and fell into the story but there were many moments where the flow stopped. The problem was mostly from the writing style, it would switch from showing us what's happening to telling us what's happening and those
Kelly
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoy a good fantasy saga and this trilogy has not yet disappointed. Book 2 was a little scattered and I found it difficult to keep track of the siblings at first, but once the story was underway, I was able to enjoy the perils faced and the evil that prevails. Sibling rivalry is always an interesting subject; this series offers that in spades! My hope is the book 3 ties everything together and that good conquers evil in the end.
Fiona Andrew
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The fight is still continuing. The King has regained his throne, but the usurper is still on the loose and she has a secret weapon to control the King. The Primordial clans are still fighting each other and Helga, Goddess of Death still plots in her underworld. On to the next book for the next phase.
Patrick Hodges
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Susan Faw has crafted an amazing world where gods interact with mortals. It is complex, multi-layered, with a ton of exposition. The author spared no detail in creating this world and the characters that inhabit it, and at times this hampered the overall pace of the story.

That being said, the writing style is simply marvelous, and it sweeps you along with it as you turn the pages. I was quite excited to get to the end, and I am equally excited for the next book in the series.
Robert Jr.
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of 4, counting the prelude. For the lovers of dark fantasy, magic, sacrifice, a world of spirits and unicorns this is a great and insightful read. I have not read book one bit am now enticed enough by book 2 to buy a copy. A lot going on in the book, one must pay attention...a unique story line...
Janet Wild
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great fantasy tale

Arthurian, mythology, horror all blended to make a story to keep you on the edge. Good verses evil with a touch of reflection on last actions and the consequences of those on the current events and the future.
Rose Mangold Pierce
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

You will love all the characters. flaws and all, god's and humans. The story carries you with intrigue, guessing, wondering, who betrays who, who wins, who looses. Getting ready to start the 3rd book today. I just hope the series has a great ending.
Ola Adamska
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2017
In this book every godling remember his or her past so game comes to high stakes on them.
Each character has different path here but each of them leads to the same end. Will godling twins manage to Save the world from their sisters?
Great book 2 in trilogy - can't wait to grab book 3!
Ellen
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. A lot of story for one book. The twins are on their own journeys. Where will it lead them. Avery is out to learn who she is. The many stories keep you interested throughout the book. With the intertwining stories, you never know what is next.
Definately recommend this book.
Mary King
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this series, well written and full of interesting characters.
Myla Aguilar
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This continues the Godlings story, filled with action, suspense, adventure and well written characters. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Ayse Isil Ari
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Got as freebie via instafreebie.com
Jackie
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jackie by: Susan Faw
Avery is snatched by the people she was supposed to help. She manages to escape and helped by mythical creatures. An amazing read that keeps you entertained until the end, when you wish there was more.
Seraphia
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soul Sanctuary by Susan Faw is book two in her Spirit Shield series. In this book we catch up with Cayden and Avery as they follow their different paths to the destiny that awaits them. Cayden is king in Cathair while Avery makes her way to the temple with her father and the seeker Sharisha. In the mountains one of the clans works to resurrect Artio from the stars into a body of her own so that they will have a goddess to represent them and to pave the way for them to rule. Danger is everywhere ...more
LooseBoots
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Personally I don't like a book that has an unresolved ending. Having said that I would not have missed the journey for the world. Lots of twists and turns and intrigue.
A cracking story , well worth the read
Ian Hunter
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The story has great, sweeping, epic action scenes that play well visually and reminded me of the Lord of the Rings trilogy of films. There were none of the typical pitfalls of this genre to be found. Typically, fantasy writers get so carried away with the world building they forget to keep the story moving. The author has an innate sense of balance to her writing, that or it has been learned over years of developing her craft. And being this is a second installment in the series, the problem tha ...more
Teresa
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Summary:
Avery and her twin brother Cayden are tasked to save those around them good and bad, before it is too late. With the help from mythical creatures, a wise old wizard, and those who believe in them they might be able to right the wrongs of generations before them.
Will Avery be able to face her fear? Will those who want to destroy the twins be defeated?
Characters:
Avery, a very important and powerful teenager. A Spirit Shield
Cayden, Avery twin brother, King of Cathair, a Spirit Shield
Mordec
KelticKat
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this story, we have all 4 of the original "godling" siblings, back in "play".

Artio, a lover of the sky and celestial wonders, has been brought back from the heavens. The twins: Avery/Alfreda, the mother of the lands, and Cayden/Caerwyn, the fortress - reincarnated in human form. And lastly, Helga, who displayed an affinity for the dead.

Each is on their own journey that will end with all four face to face again, after years of separation and deceit.

This is the second book in a saga that swee
Lucinda
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Noooooo! Where's the next book??? I have to have! So much is going on and to be left hanging.... OMG, I couldn't put it down once I started because everything was just moving so fast.

I loved the small comic moments like how Cayden hated having a personal guard and how hard they had to work to keep up with him because he practically ran everywhere.

Mordecai still hasn't changed much! Old friends are reappearing and new friends....

You have to read this series! You WON'T be disappointed!

I'm freely
Rickie
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve read books by Susan Faw before this one almost did me in as it wasn’t readily engaging. However, I wanted to see where it would take me and glad I stuck with it. Her characters blend well, and the story flows well between one scene and the next. I did find myself skimming through some areas that seemed to drone on. Pleasantly surprising is that the female lead is highly prominent and if you’re looking for romance then this isn’t it for you.

You really need to read the first book prior to thi
Angala Fox
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
I loved this second book of the series as much as the first (Seer of Souls). I was pulled back into the story and hated to get to the ending of the book. The story was easy to follow and the characters kept me interested. I can't wait for the next book in this wonderful series. I definitely recommend.
« previous 1 3 next »
A lover of unusual worlds, Susan is a masked crusader for the fantastical world. Championing mythical rights, she quells uprisings and battles infidels who would slay the lifeblood of her pen. It’s all in a night’s work, for this whirlwind writer. Welcome to the quest.

Dante Rossetti Grand Prize awarded for Best Young Adult Fiction of 2016, Chanticleer Reviews, for Seer of Souls.

First in Category,
More about Susan Faw

Spirit Shield Saga (5 books)
  • Soul Survivor (Spirit Shield Saga, #.5)
  • Seer of Souls (The Spirit Shield Saga Book 1)
  • Soul Sacrifice (The Spirit Shield Saga, #3)
  • The Spirit Shield Saga Complete Collection:: (Books 1-3 Plus Prequel (Spirit Shield Saga Collection)

Fiction Deals

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Gates of Rome (Emperor, #1)
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things