Start by marking “The Apothecary's Poison (Glass and Steele Book 3)” as Want to Read:
The Apothecary's Poison (Glass and Steele Book 3)

The Apothecary's Poison

(Glass and Steele #3)

When a newspaper report of a medical miracle catches Matt's eye, he and India go in search of Dr. Hale in the hope he is more magical doctor than miracle worker and can lead them to Chronos. But Hale turns out to be an apothecary magician keen to educate the public about magic.

Their disappointment at not finding Chronos is soon forgotten when Hale is murdered, and Matt b
Published April 4th 2017 by C.J. Archer

To ask other readers questions about The Apothecary's Poison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Apothecary's Poison

Start your review of The Apothecary's Poison (Glass and Steele Book 3)
mina
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2020
↠2.5

This was my last read in the series, possibly this author. It’s still so amateurish even after two books and honestly, I haven’t seen any improvement. It was okay in the beginning, but if I’m going to read a seven-book long series I want things to evolve. That being said, this was an easy read that flew by.
Graylark
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 3-5-stars
Took 0.5 star off because WTF ending.

Also, that aunt needs to butt the hell out and mind her own business.
Becky
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible 3rd installment!

I loved every part of it and couldn't put it down. It has everything I could want: mystery, magic, romance, and some answers, although I'm still in anticipation for what might happen next. I will be in agony until the fourth book. Ms. Archer, please write faster!
Mariana Quesada
Well that was a cliffhanger. New characters, more mysteries, more romance. The waiting is becoming unbearable!
Maiyae
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kept me hooked as much as the others!

I never Write reviews but after reading so many of c j archers books i thought its about bloody time I do! I love them. Utterly and totally love them. I started off with the ministry of curiosities some time last year and fell in love with the characters and storyline and the same happened again for glass and Steele I ended up reading the first freak house trilogy and subsequently started the assassins guild trilogy but put it down because I had to know more
Fatima Nauman
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books should be made into movies!!!
Julia
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This suffered a bit of the "middle of the series" syndrome. Although the plot was interesting, it felt like it's main purpose was to explore the chemistry between Matt and India.
Autumn
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carol
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series by C.J. Archer. Some magic a touch of fantasy and some great characters along with some good writing drew me into the Spring of 1890 London. The third book in the Glass and Steele series. Matt and India are still looking for the Watchmaker Chronos.
Mark Rabideau
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We are listening to this series... and the audiobooks have run out. We'll wait and hope for them to arrive shortly.
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Glass and Steele series has to be my favorite series that I've read of Archer. It's an easy, fun read with truly likable characters. I'm so disappointed the book is over and am anxiously waiting the next edition in the series.
Aki
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this was the better book compared to its predecessor the second book. Still to nebulous a mystery for my tastes but at least we got a kiss on book three.
Hope Sloper
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: very-enjoyable
Damn it! There is only one book left to read before I have to wait for book five. I remember now why ultimately I don't like to read series.
More mystery is added in this installment of the Glass and Steele series, right after another is washed away. I friggin' love that. And while there were growth and revelation on Indie's character, there is still a lot to learn, I feel. At this point, I'm not sure if my impatience about the mystery surrounding Indie and the desire to see something happen b
Mari (Smut Duchess)
I read / listened to this book. I think it's a good addition to the series. I'm still enjoying the characters and mysteries. I learned more about India's family and her magic. Chronos has closer ties to India than she or Matt ever considered. The romance aspect is still moving slowly. I wish Matt and India would pick up the pace. Stop making excuses for their attraction.
Elena
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book (AHHHHH INDIA AND MATT MY HEART :) just as much as I enjoyed the others. While it’s not one of my ALLLLLL TIIIIMMMEEEE FAVORITES, it’s definitely worth a solid four stars.
C.M. Savage
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still enjoying the series. Another fun, quick read. With ten books currently in the series, though, and with the slow pace of the overarching plotline, I'm wondering how far things will be drawn out.
Kerry
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great adventure in this thrilling series. The main characters are very likeable and work together as a team to solve whatever mystery or crime has taken place.
Whilst in search of a mysterious man with the magical ability to help heal Matthew Glass. In this book Matthew Glass is accused of murder, the team must search for the real murderer in order to clear Matthew’s name.
The will they won’t they romance plot line between Matthew Glass and India Steele that runs through the series is int
Danielle
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I think Matt and India are becoming my favourite OTP
Roberta
I enjoy this series!
Mary
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Has all the bells and whistles, period piece, mystery, love, and a bit of the paranormal! Ready for more. C. J. Archer.
Caitlin O'Neill
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so obsessed and hooked on the series. I'm really enjoying the progression of the character relationships and the story progression.
Freda
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is not really the kind of book I usually go for, I prefer Supernatural/horror book but I was short on reading material and the first book The Watchmakers Daughter (Glass and Steel Series) was free from Amazon and it sounded interesting so I decided to try it. From then on I was hooked, I bought the second and third books The Mapmakers Apprentice and The Apothecary's Poison. They were well written and had a good knowledge of life in Victorian England where women were looked upon as second cl ...more
Ross
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this is the third story. The main protagonists should have hooked up in the first book. They made it through the second without getting too close. Having to live through the third and all they’ve done is kiss and they’re guilty about it - sheesh!

It’s old England, he’s to inherit a fortune from his uncle if he’s deemed suitable.
She’s his ‘assistant’, with hidden skills, and deemed NOT suitable as a Lady.

They are searching for creator of a Watch, one that helps him survive and assisting the p
Maranda Gibson
This was the most frustrating of the Glass and Steele books for me. It seemed like we would be able to get some answers during this book, but there was so much travel and moving around, it was hard to follow. I'm in the middle of the next book now, and I have to say that this one is a MUST read to set up the following book(s).

I mentioned this on my Audible review and I'm going to do it here as well - the constant suggestion of a budding romance between India and Matt is both amazing and annoyin
Elenariel
2.5
Same script, only slightly different cast.
The quest for Chronos is finally over, but we still have to wait for some answers (view spoiler) and for the Sheriff saga to come to a close.
There was a bit more action and suspense, and a little development in the romantic department, but I'm starting to get bored with the superficiali worldbuilding: each time a new guild connected magic but no
John S Roth
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Action-Packed!

This story pretty much has it all! Romance, intrigue, mystery, magic, crime and lots of action! A whodunit that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat until the surprising end!
D.F. Jules
first of all, why create an ensemble if you're not going to use them. and I'm getting real tired of India getting a gun to her head.
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, 4-stars
3.5*

One complaint that I’ve had about the previous 2 books in this series has been that the romance has moved at a glacial pace. The fact that India and Matt hadn’t even shared ONE kiss after all of that chemistry, was driving me nuts. Well the wait has ended!! A kiss was shared! ……….. Now, if you were looking for the most passion-less, tepid, G-rated kiss (that also subsequently filled both of them with immediate regret), then we’ve found kiss to make your heart pitter-patter. I was so glad it’
Courtney Giraldo
OH. MY. GOD. So many feels right now guys! That ending?! How can you end it on such a cliffhanger and why was I silly enough to not order the next in the series BEFORE I was on the last few chapters?! Rookie mistake...

A local doctor has been murdered, poisoned in fact, shortly after Matt and India paid him a visit to inquire about a recent "miracle" that had occurred and was reported on in the local papers. As Matt and India were some of the last people to see Dr. Hale alive, they are suspects i
Erin
Continuing on in this quick but fun series. The Apothecary's Poison takes off right where the second book in the series left. India Steele and Matt Glass work together to solve mysteries involving magic in Victorian England. Since this book is the third in the series I shall move onto spoilers.

SPOILERS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This book is much like the other two in the series. A lot happens and it feels like there are characters introduced every five seconds and India tells them about her m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Nefertiti's Heart (Artifact Hunters, #1)
  • Chasing Midnight (Once Upon A Curse, #3)
  • A Matter of Circumstance
  • Parting Worlds (Once Upon a Curse, #4)
  • Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #10)
  • Murder at Blackburn Hall (High Society Lady Detective Book 2)
  • A Boldly Daring Scheme (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries, #7)
  • Hatshepsut's Collar (Artifact Hunters, #2)
  • Murder on Black Swan Lane (Wrexford & Sloane, #1)
  • Moseh's Staff (Artifact Hunters #4)
  • Murder at Archly Manor (High Society Lady Detective #1)
  • The Vampire's Priceless Treasure (Nocturne Falls, #11)
  • Withering Rose (Once Upon a Curse, #2)
  • Granting Wishes (Once Upon a Curse, #0.5)
  • Left To Die (Adele Sharp #1)
  • Murder in Black Tie (High Society Lady Detective, #4)
  • Revenge of the Barbary Ghost (Lady Anne Addison Mysteries, #2)
  • The Art of Theft (Lady Sherlock, #4)
Over 1 MILLION books sold!

C.J. Archer is the USA Today bestselling author of historical fantasy novels including THE EMILY CHAMBERS SPIRIT MEDIUM TRILOGY, the FREAK HOUSE series, the MINISTRY OF CURIOSITIES series and the GLASS AND STEELE books. She has also written AFTER THE RIFT, an epic fantasy series, and historical romances.

C.J. Archer has loved history and books for as long as she can rememb

Glass and Steele (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Watchmaker's Daughter (Glass and Steele, #1)
  • The Mapmaker's Apprentice (Glass and Steele, #2)
  • The Magician's Diary (Glass and Steele, #4)
  • The Convent's Secret (Glass and Steele #5)
  • The Ink Master's Silence (Glass and Steele Book 6)
  • The Cheater's Game (Glass and Steele #7)
  • The Prisoner's Key (Glass and Steele #8)
  • The Imposter's Inheritance (Glass and Steele #9)
  • The Kidnapper's Accomplice (Glass and Steele, #10)
  • The Toymaker's Curse (Glass and Steele #11)