Start by marking “My Light: Vol. 1 (The Light Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Light: Vol. 1 (The Light Series, #1)

My Light: Vol. 1

(The Light Series #1)

Rena:

After living life full of rejection, loss and betrayal Rena keeps everyone at a distance.......
She doesn't trust anyone, especially with her heart, and makes damn sure to keep herself guarded. With a steel cage wrapped firmly around her heart, She's promised herself she will never give anyone the chance to repeat history.
Her world is lonely, but it's a risk she's
Kindle Edition
Published 2017

To ask other readers questions about My Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Light

Start your review of My Light: Vol. 1 (The Light Series, #1)
Renee Mccleary
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a 3.5 star read for me. While I liked the plot of the story I struggled connecting with the main character Rena.I felt some of her inner dialogue was repetitive and made me unable to fully connect with her. I did fall in love with Kayden, he was sexy, sweet, and so caring.Most of the book is from Rena's POV but about 70% through the book we get a POV switch and to be honest it threw me off and I found it slightly confusing. I did like getting Kaydens POV and I enjoyed learning how he ...more
Wopsywoobookblog
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Light is a sweet little read. It has all the elements that make it a sweet romance but with the hotness thrown in. It has the love, the chemistry and the angst.

Rena doesn't trust many people, in fact only her best friends have her heart and that's barely. Growing up in an awful environment, she finally gets the life she wants when she's adopted by a nice family, only to lose them later in a car accident. Feeling as though she can't take anymore heartbreak she closes her heart. Especially men.
Tania Fitzgerald
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the debut book from Echo Hart, and I think she has done a wonderful job. The story deals with a young woman named Rena who's past has scarred her and made her feel unwanted and unlovable. She refuses to commit and let any man into her life in fear of them losing interest and walking away breaking what is left of her heart. Then Kayden walks into her life, a gorgeous specimen of a man with chocolate brown eyes and a killer smile. A man who won't take no for an answer, he wears away her ...more
Coco.V
Jan 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (1/1/2018)!

Blurb:
Rena:

Her world is lonely, but it's a risk she's willing to take, if it means there's no one to hurt her.

But that's all about to change…

Nancy
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debut novel with a taste of a 5 stars

I don't have words for this book, i saw it like something that you will definitely love.
Echo Hart put her soul in this book. Rena didn't have an easy life, full of abuses, where her heart was shattered and her confidence stolen from her.
Kayden is the perfect man for this task, to be able to show her that life could be more tan only pain and darkness, that she does deserves to feel love and someone that could take care of her. But she feel that is already too
Melissa
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Light, literally from the first page I knew I was in for a ride. Just from reading the blurb, I was connected, yet wasn't sure how deep my connection would be. When someone lives and relates a story almost mimicking your own, you almost feel a weight lifted, like a stranger gets you and understands how difficult some would see as simple, really isn't all that simple to those who have lived the way Rena did.

Within the first page the steam engine was full force on course leading you through the
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Rena is done with love, being lonely may not be ideal but at least her heart won't be broken, but when she meets the sexy, sweet, southern Kayden, keeping that promise to herself will be hard. Kayden knew the moment he met Rena that she was the one, his forever and forever is what he will work for to get her walls down, but can Rena let him in? Loved it. Couldn't out it down.
Stacy Curiale
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading My light and the end left me with so many questions and wanting answers. My heart breaks for Rena I just can’t imagine going through life with the amount of pain and suffering she has gone through. I can’t wait to read Piece by Piece to see if things start to look up for her.
Karie Gibson
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rena only knows a life of loss, rejection and being unwanted. She guards her heart with everything she has. Kayden is the light to her darkness but she learned long ago to never let anyone close to her heart. This book is so are and emotional I could feel it.
Kayden is everything a woman could want. He fights for what he wants and he knows he will have to fight for Rena.
I can't wait for the next book to heal my heart.
Karen Taro
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg just finished reading. Trying to calm down my emotion. Took me a little longer to read because I had to stop crying to continue reading. This is a amazing book written by a amazing author.you have to read. Not only did I cry I laught and oh so feel in love with Rena and Kaydan.
Josephine
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviews on behalf of Amo and Sarah’s Book Corner
What an amazing story. Rena is an amazing woman she has had a bit of a horrible start to life and it got worse when she was older. When she met Kayden she started to see a light. Has he come to save her from her darkness she has been living with for be past few years. Definitely worth a read I found it an amazing story.
Shannon Davison
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm officially in love with Kayden. Rena pretty much ripped my heart out. I couldn't put this story down. I was hanging on every word. Can't wait to read the next book. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
LaGina
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
When you've had your heart broken one to many times you get to the point of why bother. And that seems to be where Rena is when we meet her int his story. That is until Kayden sets his sights on here because deep down he feels that she is his forever and for always. This was one of those cute fast reads that leaves you making a big sigh at the end but wanting just a little bit more. I cant wait to get my hands on the next story.
Nese's reads
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet read with plenty of angst too.
For a debut novel it was very good ,it was well written, and the story flowed easily.

Rena is a complex character , preferring to live her life in isolation,
her only friends are her neighbour Ethan and her work colleague Chloe.
Her life consists of working in a photographic studio and having movie nights at home with friends.
As the story develops we find out through flashbacks and nightmares about Rena's past.
A childhood filled with sadness and
Stacey
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rena has some serious insecurities, shall we say. Her abandonment issues stem from her childhood and she’d much rather have short term ( and by short term I mean one night stands) relationships under her own terms. Leave them, before they leave her.

Oh sure, she’s had relationships in the past and they have all ended the same way, with her heart broken. One evening her BFF, Chloe, convinces her to go out, take a chance, find a little love. While out and about she bumps into Kayden! She figures, “
Lani
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
WELL HELLO KAYDEN!!!!

This is the debut release of Echo Hart's book 'My Light' and she should be proud of what she has released. We are introduced to Rena who shelters away from any real relationship, with a hard life and countless heartache its not hard to see why commitment makes her sweat. On a rare night out, she meets the sexy and alluring Kayden. Kayden is unlike anyone she has ever meet, he pushes all her boundaries to the limits while at the same time making her feel safe. Rena must
LettyT
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved how, it while it was a romance, there was a twist. Normally, it's the guy who can't or won't commit and the girl has to chase him. This time, it was the girl.

Rena hasn't had a happy life. She's been rejected by those who were supposed to love her the most, She's been betrayed by the ones she loves. As for trusting people, she's been let down so much, she has put up a wall. A wall so high and deep no one will be able to penetrate it.

Enter Kayden the hot and charming
Amanda Evans
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was a little torn on how many stars to give this book. The writing is good, the characters are believable and I particularly liked Kayden. I would have liked if Rena's tattoos and description of herself had been mentioned at the very start because they kind of surprised me when they were mentioned. I had a totally different picture of her in my head. If I hadn't read all the other romance novels out there since Fifty Shades this would have definitely been five stars or more if I could give it. ...more
Nico
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy reading this debut novel from Echo Hart. I really liked the character of Kayden, he was gorgeous, almost too good to be true! The sizzling sexual chemistry between him and Rena scorched the pages and was well written. I have to admit Rena did annoy me at times. I couldn’t understand why she put up with her previous boyfriend who sounded like a waste of space but she gave poor drop dead Kayden such a hard time. I felt like shaking some sense into her but hey ho, it wouldn’t be a story ...more
Romaine Heart
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully written love story of pain, healing, heartbreak and love and the intensity of the characters makes this story absolutely breathtaking.
Rena had a traumatic childhood. She was rejected by the ones that were supposed to care and love her. She was betrayed by everyone in her life including the douchebag of a boyfriend. All she ever wanted was to be loved. Now she guards her heart at all cost. She will never allow anyone near her heart again.
Kayden is like a Prince Charming. Once
Brandy Roberts
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Had mixed feelings about My light there are things I liked and things that annoyed me , loved the hero and love/hate with the heroine couldn't really connect with her . What a ending I really want to see what happens next .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
hero = 10 heroine = 6 secondary characters = 8
Chemistry = 10 steam = 7 romance = 10 humor = 3
darkness level = 3 enjoyment = 7 angst = 8
action = 2 story line = 8 mystery = 3
character development = 7
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the firstly this is a debut novel by Echo Hart and believe me you would never think it.

I went into this book without reading the blurb I was drawn in by the beautiful cover and had to read it.

My light has a haunting past, sorrow, friendship, lust, love, heartbreak and tons of really hot sex.

This absolutely slayed me, it was such a raw emotional read, even though I did want to reach into my kindle and give Rena a shake to make her see sense at times and Kayden OMFG who wouldn't want a
Carol Seymour
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this debut novel from a former Jersey Girl, Echo Hart. She brought it all together, love, passion, angst and the desire for more from her characters. I am looking forward to learning more about Rena and Kayden. I feel the need to walk into the story and shed some light into Rena's heart to show her the steps she needs to take. Being a mom of two daughters, I am a fixer and I really feel the need to fix Rena's life. It will be wonderful to see what direction Echo takes these two ...more
Kandy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is so sweet. I really enjoyed reading this story. Echo sure knows how to get to me. Make a character have no one, have everyone abandon her, and have a super hot guy swoop in and be all swoon worthy. Well there is much more to this book than that, but I don't want to spoil it for you. There were times when my heart broke for Rena. There were also times when I was like, "come on girl, he is working so hard for this!" So if that is what you are looking for, moments you yell and scream at ...more
Jennifer Richey
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book for my honest opinion and oh wow going into this book I was hooked this poor girls story about foster homes and her life in general! Is it going to get better? I was sad reading parts even brought tears to my eyes! She meets a guy in a bar will he turn her world upside down? She thinks kayden would take away all her troubles but when he turns her down will she forgive him? And boy do these two have some hot chemistry I mean they melted my iPad whew!!!! Rena lost her parents ...more
Geegina
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the debut book by Echo Heart and I like it. I liked the characters and the story it has a cliffhanger that of course I was not expecting but over all the story was great.

Rena is a woman that is very scared by her pass, her life in the foster home system and the lost of her parents. Her walls are up and they are hard to bring down.
She meets Kayden a man set on bringing those wall down and this is how their story starts.

Like I said big cliffhanger and is killing me to find out was next.
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rena has had her spirit broken and confidence shattered by her horrible up- bringing, and Kayden is the perfect man to heal her. This is a heartbreaking beginning to this couples love story, as Rena does not believe that she is worthy of being loved. No spoilers; please read this one for yourself, you will not be disappointed!
For a debut novel, this author is amazing, as she has given her heart and soul into writing this story, and I was hooked and intrigued from the very beginning. I will
Kelly Tucker
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read this book in exchange for an honest review:

My light is such a sweet story! Her is a girl with so much heartache from people not showing love and affection from such a young age she just doesn't know how to deal! Then walks in Kayden happy sexy guy who wants to give her everything!!!

I was heartbroken myself by the end and can't wait for the next book to see how this turns out!

So much love between two people who just can't figure out how to show! Strong charters with good
Stephanie
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! A great debut by Echo Hart!

My heart broke for Rena & everything that had happened in her life. Brought tears to my eyes!

I adore Kayden! I wish that his point of view was through out the whole book. It was great to see his side of the story.

Great secondary characters, Chloe & Cal. I hope to see their story down the road!

I can't wait to find out what happens next on Rena & Kayden's journey! Well done Echo!

***I received a copy from the author. I reviewed this book
Book-Lovin-Momma
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful but heartbreaking beginning to Rena and Kayden's story. Rena has had a rough life, a nightmare of a childhood. It made her so damaged she lost her sense of self worth. When she meets Kayden, it's almost as though she's found her soul mate, but she's had such bad luck with relationships she can't trust her heart anymore.

Kayden is so amazing, and he's utterly smitten. The heart knows what it wants, and for Kayden, he will do anything for Rena. I loved how feeling he was, and
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Hot Boss
  • Tucker (In Safe Hands #4)
  • Scarlet Toys (Violent Circle #1)
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Castle of Kings
About the Author

Echo Hart lived most of her life in N.J., but now resides in M.I. with her husband of 20 years and two beautiful daughters ages 18 and 10.
She is a stay at home mom who enjoys camping, outings to the beach, anything chocolate and is a huge coffee addict,but her true passion lies within the pages of a Romance novel.
Echo Hart has always dreamed of one day writing her own book,

The Light Series (2 books)
  • Piece by Piece: Vol. 2 (The Light Series, #2)