Start by marking “Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)

Stormcaster

(Shattered Realms #3)

The third book in the thrilling four-book Shattered Realms series from New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima

The empress in the east—the unspeakably cruel ruler whose power grew in Flamecaster and Shadowcaster—tightens her grip in this chilling third installment in the series.

Vagabond seafarer Evan Strangward can move the ocean and t
Published April 3rd 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Stormcaster, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cinda Keep reading. More information i Book 3 and Book 4.
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,042 books — 5,411 voters
Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. MaasA Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. MaasQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareWar Storm by Victoria AveyardThe Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Can't Wait Books of 2018
1,295 books — 4,763 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Stormcaster (Shattered Realms, #3)
Regan
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
best one yet!
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
UPDATE: $2.99 on Kindle US today 2/23/19

Holy crap on a cracker!!! I loved it!

I loved the hell out of this book!! I meant to re read the first two but wasn't able to but I'm hoping to re/read all three. I hope the last book knocks the series out of the ballpark!

These characters are awesome! Actually, I think I might need to re/read the 4 books in the beginning of this world and then start these again! Who knows! I'm just happy with this book for now!

Happy Reading!

Mel 🖤🐺

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

AMAZON: REVIEW
Robin (Bridge Four)
Sale Alert: Kindle monthly deal for February for $2.99 at Amazon

This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

description

When I first read Flamecaster, I told myself be careful what you wish for.

This Shattered Realms series is set 25 years after The Seven Realms series, which is one of my all time favorite YA fantasy series. Because that is the case, the character shift to Han and Raisa’s children being the main characters meant they are not safe. Some of the characters I love from the first series are going to die and that was
❄️Nani❄️
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐

Reading this now was ill advised. Now there’s the dreaded year-long wait for the finale and I’m still no closer to answers than I was in book one.

This was amazing! I’ve been waiting for Evan Strangward story since Shadowcaster and CWC did NOT disappoint.

I don’t know how everything will be wrapped up in the next book since there are loose ends literally at every turn but I sure am excited to find out.

Taylor of Elfhame ❦
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I’d waited for, it did not disappoint. I love this series, this world, these characters. My god, there were so many bomb shells that I’m still sort of reacting to.

I’m just a sucker for it all, all the moving pieces and the way the storylines weave together and the endless strategy of it. C.W. Chima never fails to surprise me at every turn. These are the kind of novels you have to set aside time to give your full attention to, that possess you with a need to know what happ
Connor
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
[4.5 Stars]
My Video Discussion:
Delia
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
How am I supposed to wait for the last book????????????????? Send help
Jody
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Well, it's safe to say Cinda Williams Chima knows how to build a story book by book, with each one out performing the previous installment. I already knew this of course. Having read both of her previous series', but it needs to be said for all the readers out there that have not had the pleasure of reading any of her stories. In Stormcaster, the character development and world building are mostly complete. We do get a couple of the characters backstory at the beginning, but other than that the characters a ...more
Nouf *LostinFantasy*
Actual rating: Yes, that’s 5/5 stars!!
All the stars I can throw in there!! 😍😍

Wow... It’s been a while since I’ve read a book that I honestly could NOT put down!! But of course, it had to be Cinda Williams Chima’s world that enchanted and wrapped me up completely in the characters and their intertwining stories! Because, wow...

Plot: This book has our storm creating pirate on the cover (Evan Strangward 😍), but it’s about all the characters as they struggle to figure out how the fra/>
Caitlin
Jul 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
I haven't even read book 2 yet BUT WE HAVE A COVER OMG
Travis
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was definitely better then Shadowcaster for me. Not that Shadowcaster was bad it was just missing elements that I love about CWC's books. I kind of love how each of these books takes us into the lives of characters before the start of Flamecaster and kind of directs us on how they got from point A to point B. In this we followed Evan who is an orphan who was raised by Pirates until he finds out that he is so much more then that. I will leave it at that since this is the third book in the Sh ...more
Dyanna
Apr 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Flashlight-Book Couples
Shattered Realms - Trailer

"We need to ask forgiveness, not permission!"

Actually rating 3.5 stars

This was a hard book to rate, compared to the first two books, Stormcaster was a let down to me. This book suffered from the middle syndrome, not much had happened , I felt more that this book is a preparation to the final book in the series. Regardless there were a few things I disliked so I will put the things I loved or disliked but be aware ....

...may contain....
...may
Trailer
Beth
May 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Well. I read this. And it's not just a bridge book, but a boring bridge book.

(I actually thought this would be the third book of a trilogy; when I got to chapter 40 or so, and there weren't enough pages left for a resolution, judging by the book's glacial pace - well. I was not happy.)

I can't work up the energy for a rant because I simply don't care anymore. I already ranted about how this series wrecks the worldbuilding of the previous series; at this point, I don't think it's even in li
Azbaqiyah
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my...I'm seriously getting a hangover from this one...

The first earlier chapters begin a couple of years before the even in Flamecaster happen first then slowly it's continue where the last part happen in the previous book left. I really recommend to a new reader who wants to read this series it would be better if you do a binge read. Trust me it would be awsome.

The storyline are getting far more complicate and there's a lot of surprise elements keep popping out of no
Susan
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wasn’t ready for the end. Can’t wait for the next book with hope that Jenna and Ash are reunited, Lyss and Hal are reunited, and most importantly Ash and Lyss are finally reunited
Stacy
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
No spoilers in this rapid review of Stormcaster. I really enjoyed it and give it 4.25 stars. Chima’s books have it all: intriguing characters, a unique magical system, and great worldbuilding. My love for this world grows with each installment, just as it did in Seven Realms, Chima’s original series in this setting.

Stormcaster opens in the past to tell Evan Strangward’s backstory beginning at age thirteen. Many incidents and people in his younger years are pertinent to current events in the Realms. Evan’s story ev/>
Zachary Flye
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review:

Characters: I honestly don't know how to write this section because there are just so many characters that this installment focuses on. I mean, I went into this book expecting it to feel like the other installments, a change in focus, this one on Evan Strangward, his story, and what's going on in Carthis, which we sort of get, while possibly getting a few chapters here and there continuing the previous installment and showing what happened to Alyssa after the end of Shadowcast
Mahea
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, i-own-this
"The end of this story isn't written yet, the journey through it is important"

I just finished this book like five minutes ago (and spend the last five minutes screaming "WHAT!!! WHAT!!! You're not allowed to end a book like that!!!"), so I'm going to try to write a coherent review.

Beware: This will probably be very spoilery, so if you haven't read the book yet and are not interested in being spoiled, read at your own risk.

Okay, so in the beginning with Evan and Destin, I
hpboy13
I am lost for words, at just how incredible this book was. It’s far and away my favorite of the Shattered Realms, probably the best book Cinda’s written since The Crimson Crown. Two books of setup (plus half of this one) begin paying off in the most glorious ways as the arc of this series comes into clearer focus.

To say this series is ambitious is an understatement. Stormcasters adds an EIGHTH point of view to the Shattered Realms – Evan Strangward’s – and revisits five of the seven previo
Bethany Miller
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stormcaster is the third book in the Shattered Realms series, which happens a generation after the events in the Seven Realms series. Both series are in contention for my all time favorite fantasy series, and I can’t figure out why they don’t get more buzz. Somehow Chima just gets better and better with each book. For those uninitiated to the greatness of the Seven Realms, I would not recommend jumping in with this book because you will be very confused. I would say start at the very beginning w ...more
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Minor spoilers ahead.

4.5 stars. This series really does get better. Well, I got half of my wish to come true. Ash and Raisa reunited finally. I can’t lie, I cried. Just like I knew I would. God, I just miss Han so much. Honestly, I still can’t seem to connect to any of the new characters as much as I do the old characters from Seven Realms. However, I did get pretty attached to Destin and Evan this time around. Their story in the beginning is just so dam
Francesca Stubbs
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
YOU GUYS. I am just going to put this out there first that C.W. Chima has to be one of the greatest YA authors we have seen in years!

-Her world-building is absolutely UNTOUCHABLE. Just when you thought the Seven Realms couldn’t get any more complex or interesting she pulls you right back in head first! We are now on the high seas and off to exotic places across the Indio. A world with wizards and pirates? Yes, sign me up!

-The characters, old and new alike, are incredibly dynamic and interestin
Lylah
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
This was my favorite book in the Shattered Realms sequel series to the seven realms series so far, my favorite series of all time.

If I have one criticism of it it's that it's too short, or maybe too much is happening in it considering the length—there are so many intricate and intertwining storylines to keep track of that sometimes I got confused. Rather than having two main characters and occasionally diverging like in the main series, this sequel series has constantly switched view
Andrea Clark
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
Wow, I couldn't put this one down. The characters are so expertly woven together. As with the last book of the series the timeline doesn't start off where the previous book ends, which is a little confusing but it's completely understandable why the author decided to go this route.

Often times authors throw all these characters at you right at the start and you can't seem to keep them straight. Throughout this series though it has been a gradual increase in characters, really letting the reader
Helen
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t enjoy this as much as the first two, I’m not sure why. The shift in POV wasn’t new but perhaps the new voices weren’t as appealing?

We now have three factions vying for power, although the mountain kingdom just wants to be left in peace.

There are still a lot of questions to answer. Roll on book 4!
Leyna
Jul 29, 2017 marked it as to-read
OML!!! WE HAVE A COVER!!!!! I knew it was going to be green.....ish.
Tara ☽
Cinda Williams Chima never fails to blow me away.

Evan Strangward is my precious son <3
☠ Michelle ☠
I'm the kind of reviewer that can pick apart a book I hate, but find myself at a loss for words when I find a new favorite, so I'll just state facts: I'm sad it's over, I need the next book now, and I'd be happiest if there were 10 more books planned in this series.
Alex (Iseultslibrary)
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God.
Jenbebookish
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
So. When I read other peoples reviews that were all like, omg this is the best one yet I can’t help but be like, say what? Because those were the exact opposite of my thoughts. Just goes to show how divided people consistently are in the matter of literature, art, and pretty much anything and everything else. Rarely does there come a book that garners the majority’s positive opinion . More often, feelings are divided on every which topic, theme and character.

So honestly, the whole MPOV thing go

• White Wolf (Sons of Rome, #1)
  • Blood and Tempest (Empire of Storms, #3)
  • The Veiled Throne (The Dandelion Dynasty, #3)
  • Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
  • Greetings from the Graveyard (43 Old Cemetery Road, #6)
  • Caradoc of the North Wind (Destiny's Path #4)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Bright Ruin (Dark Gifts #3)
  • Return of the Thief (The Queen's Thief, #6)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Power of Justice Jack (Sammy Keyes, #15)
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • Stop That Bull, Theseus! (Myth-O-Mania, #5)
  • Minotaur: Blooded (The Bestial Tribe, #1)
  • 22 Dead Little Bodies and Other Stories
  • Blue Fire
  • The Tainted City (Shattered Sigil, #2)
  • Igniting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Other Worlds
New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima comes from a long line of fortune-tellers, musicians and spinners of tales. She began writing romance novels in middle school, which were often confiscated by her teachers.

Her Heir Chronicles series (magic comes to contemporary Ohio) comprises The Warrior Heir The Wizard Heir . The Dragon Heir The Enchanter Heir, and the Sorcerer Heir.

Chima's

Shattered Realms (4 books)
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
  • Shadowcaster (Shattered Realms, #2)
  • Deathcaster (Shattered Realms, #4)
“Strong men do choose strong women, he thought. It's only the weak that are threatened by them.” 4 likes
“Unlike many at court, who tried to spend as much time in front of the king as they could, Destin valued his privacy. So, in addition to his apartment within the palace, he kept a suite of rooms at the Cup and Comfort Inn on the riverfront. Any kind of pleasure could be had at the Cup and Comfort for a price, but what Destin treasured most was anonymity. This was a place where he could be himself.

So it was with not a little alarm that he unlocked the door to his rooms at the inn to find Lila Barrowhill sleeping in his fireside chair.

He froze in the doorway, but she must have heard him, because she opened her eyes and smiled at him sleepily. “I hope you don’t mind that I let myself in. I didn’t want to draw attention by sitting outside your door.”

Destin stepped inside and shut and locked the door behind him. Then turned to glare at her, his arms folded.

Lila grinned when she saw his expression. “Blood and bones, Karn, I’m so glad you’re still alive. It always seems that I’m a lot happier to see you than you are to see me. Well, except for that time you came to Oden’s Ford. Then there was that time in King Gerard’s garden—”

“How did you find this place?”

“I needed a cup and some comfort, and this place was recommended,” she said. She held up a cup she’d no doubt filled down in the taproom. “It’s truly amazing. You really can get anything you want here.” She winked at him.”
3 likes