Start by marking “The Wedding Date” as Want to Read:
The Wedding Date

The Wedding Date

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  6,684 Ratings  ·  1,584 Reviews
A groomsman and his last-minute guest are about to discover if a fake date can go the distance in a fun and flirty debut novel.

Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn't normally do. But there's something about Drew Nichols that's too hard to resist.

On the eve of his ex's wedding festivities, Drew is minus a
Published January 30th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding Date, please sign up.

Roxane
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a charming, warm, sexy gem of a novel. I couldn’t put The Wedding Date down. I love a good romance and this delivered from the first page to the last. Alexa Monroe is a great heroine—smart, funny, and full of the anxieties women know intimately. And when she meets the handsome doctor Drew Nichols in an elevator, it’s the beginning of an adventure in falling in like and then lust and then love. It was also nice to read a fun novel about an interracial relationship. One of the best books I’ve ...more
Lola  Reviewer
3.5 stars. While it’s true that the best day to read this contemporary romance is on Valentine’s Day, as the cover loves to imply, I wasn’t sure about it back in February.

Then I changed my mind. Sometimes you really do need to trust a book’s cover when it tells you that you’re about to read an adorable and romantic story that will entertain you and warm your heart.

THE WEDDING DATE did that to me. How could it have not? My experience reading it turned out to be exactly like watching a romantic co
Joce (squibblesreads)
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
SO GOOD, definitely one of my new favorite romances!
- Interracial relationship (black female and white male protagonists)
- Fake to real relationship trope (one of my faves!)
- Explicit practice of safe sex
- Alexa works for the mayor of Berkeley and she is trying to obtain funding for an arts program for underprivileged youth. Author has a background in law, as does Alexa, and it shows.
- Drew has to check. his. privilege. many times in the book and I am here for it because it is a real issue if tw
Christy
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!!!
description

The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory is charming, sweet, and downright adorable! I had trouble believing this was a debut novel- it was so well written and a pleasure to read!

Alexa and Drew meet in an unconventional way. They’re stuck together in an elevator. Being stuck together leads to them going to a wedding together. After that, this couple just can’t seem to get enough of each other. Drew is a pediatric surgeon from LA and Alexa lives close to San Fransisco as the mayor’s chief
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Contemporary-A-Thon challenge #6: read a diverse contemporary -COMPLETE!

This was mega cute. A little corny at times, but honestly what new adult romance isn’t a little corny at times? Would definitely recommend for someone looking for a fast and fun read set in the Bay Area!
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog

I’m so glad I got stuck in that elevator with you.” she said.“Me, too.”

The Wedding Date is an adorable romance about two people who aren't quite sure how to navigate a "relationship" that was never part of their plans. With a cuter than cute meet-cute, you'd expect things to go smoothly. But when you put together two people who aren't in their element, things are bound to get complicated.

It's serendipitous when Drew Nichols and Alexa Monroe first meet. Drew needs a plus-one last-minute, and a
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

You know how they always say never judge a book by its cover? Sometimes THEY’RE WRONG. Because this cover is cute AF and so was this book!!!! Such a refreshing read, I enjoyed it so much!

The Wedding Date is about Alexa, who when visiting her sister in a hotel gets stuck in the elevator with a hot guy, Drew, when the power goes out. Right off the bat they hit it off and Drew asks Alexa to be hit date at a wedding the next day and she agrees.

One fake night of dating and the two begin
Riley
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an adorable romance with my favorite Fake Dating trope!
❉ Couple meets stuck in a elevator
❉ Guy needs a date to his ex's wedding
❉ Cue adorable and awkward situations
❉ Interracial couple, Alexa is black and Drew is white
❉ Both characters have established careers that they are passionate about. Drew is a doctor and Alexa works for the Mayor
❉ Discussion around body image and beauty standards

A few complaints would be that the sex scenes were mostly fade to black, which I guess this is more
Heather 'Bookables'
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Another great book to read near Valentine's Day! Steamy, romantic and def. swoonworthy!
Trina (Between Chapters)
Very adorable and sexy romance! I loved that this got right into things and began with the wedding and then let us watch how things unfolded after the fake date. For the most part, this was compulsively readable but I felt this maybe dragged on a little too long in the middle.

The main character is African American (ownvoices) and there is fat rep. It does toe the line of having some body image issues go away due to the love interest, but with the narrative being so in her head, I felt Alexa's th
Erin
I LOVE this book!!!!!!

I want to thank Roxane Gay, I never would have read this book if I hadn't read her review of this book. You should know that I will read anything Roxane Gay tells me to.

The Wedding Date is a Hallmark movie in novel form and I mean that as a compliment. The Wedding Date a sugary sweet delight. This book had me smiling despite myself the whole time. I don't usually read Contemporary Romance, I'm more of a Mystery/ Thriller, Celebrity Tell-All type of girl but this book thor
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/Wedding-Date-f...

The Wedding Date was exactly what I needed and even more.The writing was beautiful and the story refreshing.The Wedding Date was fast paced and lighthearted!

description

I adored Alexa and Drew.Alexa is smart and funny.Drew is charming,sweet,cute and kind.I really like how they met and I enjoyed that they start first as friends.They have some flirty,funny and sweet moments. Their romance felt realistic and I enjoyed it a lot!They make smile all th
Mandy
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet little romantic novel. Drew and Alexa both meet accidentally on an elevator and Drew asks Alexa to accompany him to a wedding. He wants her to pretend to be his girlfriend and the weekend turns out to be more than either expected.

Throughout the story each of them fly to each other’s home to visit and find they can’t get enough of one another. But Drew doesn’t do the whole relationship thing and he told Alexa that up front... but something is happening underneath it all.

Predictable story bu
Thamy
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5, it's not that terrible a 2-star.

Alexa and Drew meet while stuck inside an elevator and they start talking. Drew is really handsome but his ex-girlfriend not only is to marry his best friend but also he was called to be the best man. To make things worse, he's dateless. As an impulse, Drew ends up inviting Alexa to play his girlfriend for the weekend.

This book all happened in the first quarter. I wasn't that excited but it could have been a good book if it had kept the essence. Instead, it t
Sh3lly ☽ escaping in books is my reality ☽
NOW AVAILABLE!

This is not the type of book I generally seek out. I like romances, but I usually prefer either historical romances or paranormal ones - something not set in our world, present time. However, after reading Roxane Gay's review, I decided to request it from Netgalley.

This is a contemporary romance and I've heard words used to describe it like "charming" and "cute" and I think that works. Alexa goes to see her visiting sister in her hotel room and gets stuck in an elevator with a cute
Geri Reads
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alexa Monroe found herself trapped at a hotel elevator with a handsome, charming Drew Nichols. The incident led to a wedding date, a pretend relationship which quickly escalated into something more.

The Wedding Date charmed me from beginning to end. The best part about this book was easily the heroine! She’s gorgeous and competent as hell but also strong and vulnerable. Alexa Monroe was everything I love in my romance book heroines.

Another element I enjoyed about this book was the development o
alexis
After reading The Wedding Date, I created my "Favorite Reads of 2018" shelf on Goodreads and promptly added this book to the list so that should tell you how well things went.

Over the years, Fake Dating & I have had a rocky relationship. Plots revolving around Fake Dating are an easy way to get me intrigued, but they tend to fall short in actuality. Was that the case with The Wedding Date? Definitely not.

"She glanced up at the ornate clock over the bar, surprised at how late it had gotten. A
Khadidja
Mar 29, 2018 marked it as on-hold
Shelves: dnf
This was cute until they had sex at like 20 percent of the book and i hate that :")

And i actually found myself not giving a fork about any of the characters and i didn't get into the story. Sorry i thought i would like you because i like everything that is chessy and unrealistic but here we are.
Tatiana
Feb 06, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, romancelandia
This novel doesn't break ANY new romance ground, does it? I had expected something MUCH better from a Roxanne Gay recommendation.
Ishmeen
Mar 29, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars!! This was so cheesy y’all but adorable af too so it was exactly what I needed at this point ❤ I loved the fact that both the main characters POV was included but I do feel that the writing style could be improved and there’s also a lot of repetition, as i feel the characters just keep on going around in circles and falling into the same routine. I would have liked more plot twists/conflict as the issues that did arise in the story seemed to get resolved too easily and a slower burn ...more
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
When Alexa and Drew end up stuck in an elevator together, they quickly hit it off, and Drew ends up asking Alexa to be his fake girlfriend at his exes wedding. She agrees, and sparks fly.

Despite living in different cities, Alexa and Drew continue to see each other. Even though Drew made it clear that he "doesn't do relationships", this feels different. He can't stop thinking about Alexa, and likewise, she can't stop thinking about him either. As feelings grow, Drew and Alexa will have to figure
Kate (GirlReading)
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5* Simply put, The Wedding Date was an absolute delight. I adore the characters. They were quick, funny and imperfect and I warmed to them instantly. I absolutely loved the relationship between the two protagonists and their back and forth banter and thought the two perspectives flowed flawlessly. There was just enough drama to keep me intrigued but not so much that I was constantly rolling my eyes, I was hooked the first page and I could have read on for 100 pages more after the last.
I really
Jessica
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is normally not my kind of jam, but I will read anything that Roxane Gay tells me to read. This was so corny and formulaic that, if it weren't written by a black woman, it would have already been adapted into a Kathryn Heigl movie by now. And yet, it was a surprisingly sexy, fun palate cleanser.
Sara
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Because I am an honest reviewer I'm going to say up front that this is a 3.5 star review leaning toward 4 because while utterly scrumptious in many ways it does have a few problems that make the good stuff, and there is a lot of good stuff, a little less yummy.

I believe this is Jasmine Guillory's first novel and my hat is very much off to her for a really very brilliant debut. She's created two immensely likable, totally enjoyable to read, and very human romantic leads who, for the most part, do
Stacee
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this synopsis and was quite eager to get to this story.

I love love loved Alexa and Drew. She’s smart and driven. He’s charming and charming. Together they’re all sort of flirting and banter and sweetness. I loved their weekends together. And can we please get a book about Carlos? He was fantastic.

Plot wise, it was what I expected: a lot of them speculating about what the other is feeling or thinking, but not actually asking. The problems that Alexa and Drew have are pretty m
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
This was a cute, steamy, fun, and quick romantic read. Honestly, it was the perfect Valentine's Day read but it would be a fun read any time of the year. In the need of a book that reminds you of that perfect romantic comedy movie? This is the one to pick up.

It really reads as if it was a romantic comedy that you'd be seeing on the big screen. I'd vote for this movie adaptation for sure!

Both of the main characters are likeable and there is an observable chemistry between them which has the rea
Emily
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This might be the first romance book that I've ever truly read sans any irony... And I LOVED it.

The two main characters, Alexa and Drew, are amazing. I adored them. I really appreciated that both of them had full, rich lives and great friendships outside of their romantic relationship. The fact that they had such full lives made me root for them even more. They weren't without flaws, but you can't help but love them because they feel so real. Also, YAAAY for great, emotionally supportive friend
♥Rachel♥
Feb 12, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @38%.

I had a hard time buying into this romance, because I didn’t feel any chemistry between Alexa and Drew. Also, Alexa’s lack of self-confidence was disappointing. I didn’t feel engaged enough to continue.

A copy was kindly provided by Berkley in exchange for an honest review.
Anabel (inthebookcorner)
Maybe a 2.5? Because I'm trying to be more critical with my reviews this year. This book was a quick read but I didn't really feel the romance and nothing felt organic.

My favorite thing about this book was that the main character is African-american. And it only slightly surprises me that I don't think I've read a cute-fun-women's-romance in which the main character is African American??? If I have, I can't remember.

What constantly bothered me throughout the novel was that the main character,
Jessica
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I am a sucker for wedding movies. The Wedding Date, Something Borrowed, Made of Honor…seriously I could watch those over and over again. When I heard about this book, to say I was excited is an understatement. Two people meet in an elevator and decide to go to a wedding together? I had to read it!

Nothing exciting ever happens to Alexa Monroe. But the moment she gets stuck in the elevator with Drew Nichols, an extremely attractive man, she can't help but feel like something is going to happen. D
P&P Romance Book ...: March 2018 - The Wedding Date 5 12 Mar 14, 2018 06:58PM
Dating Advice: Most Men Want Their Dating Girls With Long Healthy Hair 1 5 Mar 13, 2018 06:51AM
The Insider Top secret on ESCORTS, ESCORTS IN ISLAMABAD Uncovered 1 2 Mar 12, 2018 12:01PM
Dating Is The Exciting Part Of Your Life 2 11 Mar 02, 2018 06:38AM
Instinctive Dating 1 11 Jan 28, 2018 02:44AM
Jasmine Guillory is a graduate of Wellesley College and Stanford Law School. She is a Bay Area native who has towering stacks of books in her living room, a cake recipe for every occasion, and upwards of 50 lipsticks.
More about Jasmine Guillory

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Chained Up (Devil's Rock #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
  • Visibly Broken
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • With This Ring (Vanza, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Hell Breaks Loose
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Diamond Brooch (The Celtic Brooch #7)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
  • 99 Days
    $8.24 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99