Start by marking “Rooke” as Want to Read:

Rooke

Watchmaker. Car thief. Heartbreaker extraordinaire.

Rooke Blackheath has spent enough time in juvie to know that he really doesn’t want to go to jail. The food sucks, the clothes itch, and there are absolutely no women in sight. Well…none he wants to fuck, anyway.

Published March 14th 2017

✦❋Arianna✦❋
4 Stars!!

While 'Rooke' was different from what I had expected, I really enjoyed it. It’s raw, intense, steamy and, overall, fantastically written. Callie's writing is flawless and I was immersed in the story from the very beginning. The story is gripping, the characters are intriguing and the plot really surprised me. What I really like about this author is how versatile she is. This was my third book by her and she continues to impress me with her fresh stories and vivid characters.

“I'm drawn

warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

From outside perspective, Sasha Connor might look like she had everything in her life in order. As a museum curator, she was competent in handling her job, but her personal life was a whole different matter. Still reeling from her personal tragedy, she had hard time opening up her heart until a handsome rogue crashed into her life.

When Rooke Blackheath walked down the street, people went out of his way. Being a watchmaker
Elizabeth
"The love between us is fire and ice. It's loss, and it's redemption. It's pain, and it's comfort. It is everything."
description

Rooke is a contemporary romance full of healing, raw passion, and heart-stopping action. An unlikely pair, Sasha Cross, and Rooke Blackheath find peace in the chaos and turbulence of life.
description
"Drowning is a peaceful way to die."
Sasha Cross has experienced great loss in her life. Despite her successful career and her support system of friends, Sasha has never recovered from the pa
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A rook is a chess piece, but it's also a kind of crow. Dark, mysterious, clever, wily and brazen.

ROOKE: In the beginning chapters we're introduced to thirty-three year old Sasha Connor as she relives the horrific, tragic accident which occurred five years ago, something a mother should never have to go through. Every night as she tries to settle down to sleep the day she lost her boy Christopher plays on through her mind in techno colour, the what if game playing havoc on her emotions.

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐

This book took me completely by surprise!! I really wasn’t expecting to have such an intense connection to these characters and the let me tell you, I fell for Rooke from the moment he uttered his first word. This was exactly the kind of the story that I was looking for and I’m glad I got to be a part of Rooke and Sashay journey.

Five years ago Sasha Conner’s l
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4.5 stars ❤

This is my second book by Callie Hart and I'm becoming addicted to her writing! I love her ability to captivate me with her stories and her characters.

description

Rooke is one of the best part about this story. I loved him, he is complicated, super hot, protective and kind. Also Sasha is a great heroine. After facing a really heartbreaking tragedy, she tried to rebuild her life and not let things take her down. Rooke is the perfect person to change Sasha's life.

I loved their relationship. They
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I liked this more than I thought I would -- until the end!! I'm SO freaking frustrated with the ending! I even was freaking out at about the 90ish% point thinking it had to be a cliffhanger, because there was no way things would get handled appropriately in time. The suspense and criminal crap did get handled, but I was still left hanging wanting to know more about their future together! Ms. Hart, you almost cost me my iPad because I seriously wanted to throw it across
Dilek VT
3,5 really...
This book had such a good potential with a very interesting male lead but the romance and emotional aspect of the book, which was very-well developed in the first half of it turned into a crazy-silly thriller in the second half of it.

The first part of the book is between 4 and 5, but the second part was 2 stars for me, with lots of unnecessary drama; hence 3,5 stars from me - but I cannot round it to 4, sorry, because the second half wasn’t convincing or satisfying enough for me.

Ro
CC
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Five years ago, museum curator, Sasha Connor, experienced a tragedy that caused her to lose practically everything she loves. Trying to live her life in the only way she knows how, with her heart fiercely protected, she is numb and resigned to being alone.

“And then … everything went black.”

At 23 years old, Rooke Blackheath is an ex-con with a formidable presence and has an affinity for fixing mechanical things. While he enjoys the adrenaline rush of criminal enterprises, Rooke is also a perso
Paige
4.5 "Letting Go" Stars

Rooke was an unexpected, emotional, dark and dirty love story. Right from the very beginning the story grabbed my heart. And as the story progressed, it was filled with steam and suspense that kept me flipping pages. Sasha and Rooke's story was another Callie Hart success.

Sasha experienced the worst thing that can happen to any parent five years ago and she's never been the same. After that fateful day, her whole life turned upside down. Now she's got her job at the museum,
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Rooke
Series: Standalone
Author: Callie Hart
Release date: March 14, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Rooke Idlewild Blackheath is a 23 year old ex-con who works as a watch repairman by day. By night? Well, that's the other side of his conflicting coin. It's the side of him that nobody knows about, the one on the wrong side of the law. Using his natural talent for mechanical things, he can make his way inside a car in seconds flat.

His extracurricular activities give
Eliza

★4.5 STARS★

I love the anticipatory thrill that comes along with the prospect of a new Callie Hart novel. As an avid follower of her writing, I’m well versed in the knowledge of expecting the unexpected. Rooke is exactly what I love about a Callie Hart read, it’s dark, deeply-emotional and so damn sexy.

To the unknowing outsider Sasha Cross has it all. She has an impressive job, great friends and a home that most would envy. Beneath the surface however is gapping chasm left by the traumatic death
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Book Description

Watchmaker. Car thief. Heartbreaker extraordinaire.

He should probably stop boosting cars, but the money is stellar and the high is out of this world. And why should he turn his back on something that sets his soul on fire anyway?

The answer to that question comes
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo d7349921886a45b63c2bc8dc40aba3_zps9yxnu2mh.gif

An intense, sexy, riveting, and emotionally charged romance that will set hearts ablaze. Callie Hart blew me away instantly from the opening pages as she tactfully lures her readers to an emotionally broken heroine who is suffering from the tragic loss of her son. From that opening scene, I was drawn to Sasha Conner.

Sasha is an empty void of the woman that she was once before. Her life took a turned when she survived and her son didn’t. For
Malene
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rooke is an exhilarating, suspenseful and hot as hell story. I really enjoyed this story mainly for the characters and how they evolved. Especially Sasha who's been through one hell of a trauma five years ago. She lost her son in the process and now she's kind of a recluse. Going about her every day life which consists of work and her weekly book club.

When she bumps into the handsome and mysterious Rooke with his inked arms and neck Sasha slowly starts to come out of her shell and her walls sta
Michelle
3.5-4 Stars
I love Callie Hart! So of course I jumped on this book as soon as it was live. Did I love it? Yes and no. I loved Rooke! He was super sexy and very intense. He saw Sasha and instantly knew she was his. Was the sex smoking hot? Yes! You know CH only knows how to steam up the pages when her couples connect. lol
But I felt this book started off slow for me. I'm not really a fan of insta-love and this basically was that. Then it started picking up around 30% and I was loving it. But then t
Lexi Cubbins
I think it's safe to say by now that whatever Callie Hart writes, it's a little messed up. Or a lot. The inside of her mind must be a wonderful place.

She deliver stories that are unique, gripping and intriguing, you can't help but get invested in a heartbeat and keep turning those pages. Rooke was another scary, badass, yet sexy and wonderful anti-hero character and by their first encounter with Sasha, I needed to know what's going to happen next. I avoid older woman-younger man stories altoget
AJ
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
“The love between us is fire and ice. It’s loss, and it’s redemption. It’s pain, and it’s comfort. It is everything.”

Raw, intense, sexy and romantic, this one was a rollercoaster!

4 stars!

I love Callie Hart’s writing. I know when I pick up one of her books I am going to be sucked into a story that will completely captivate me from start to finish, and this book was no different. I was crying within the first few pages, and my heart ached for the struggle and torment of these characters, but thei
Liz
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite-books
Oh.My.God.

This was just perfect!!!
Dear, Callie Hart, thank you for this book! I needed one like this.
That will make me smile so high and bring tears to my eyes and butterflies in my belly!

Sasha Cross has her heart full of sadness. She knows what living without a reason is, better than anyone else. She goes through daily things like is nothing.
Like her life is already gone.
She lost her son a few years back and since then she's been hollow. The husband is out of the picture and she lost her reaso
Violina The Romance Lover
Callie knows how to pull every emotion out of you! Review to come.
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
Lea ★
This was not what I expected and it was great!
If you like a bad boy alpha, older woman and angst, this is the one!
Callie Hart never disappoints...
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Holy shit all the drama....Not quite what I was expecting. It wasn't a bad book, just their relationship was rushed and then all the happenings after they got together....Geez.

drama photo dramallama_zps80c13a0c.gif
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This one grabbed me early on and was very exciting to read. Lately, I'd been off on my usual reading preferences and had been dallying in some Chinese novels which don't usually, or should I say at all, include erotic scenes so jumping back into this gritty, violent world was certainly something I had to adjust to once more. Luckily for me, I ate up it up and wondered why I'd been away for so long.

Sasha, wah, this woman has been through hell and back. I just could feel her heartbreak and angst b
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
"The truth requires you to be brave. The truth requires you to face awkward situations. The truth requires you to stand your ground, to bear it, not run away and hide from it."

But can Sasha handle his truth and face her own? In her early thirties Sasha has a pain filled past. Married then divorced with a child that tragically died she is struggling with her guilt and grief, every day she goes through the motions existing not living. Her loss haunts her and pain never ends. Sasha is a hollow shel
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Callie Hart!

Oh. My. God. Callie has done it again. It had been awhile since my last Hart read - I know blasphemous - but in a way, I saw just how much she has grown as an author. She improved so much in character building and development since the Blood and Roses series. Sasha's healing process is virtually impeccable throughout the novel, and her reactions to the situations she come
Leigh
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Back when Rooke was released I was torn, I love Callie's books but I'm not really a fan of older women with younger men. I'm glad I decided to give this one a chance because I really enjoyed it. Rooke although 23 didn't feel young to me at all. I loved how determined he was to get Sasha and how he didn't care that she was 33. My heart broke for Sasha, nobody should have to bury their child. That's a heartache I don't know how anyone can get pass. Obviously Sasha is barely living. She goes to wor ...more
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
from the beginning till the end I love everything about book and characters. But my favorite one is Rooke he is eleven years younger our girl but his heart and mind is bigger than her age.. He was so brave clever and adorable. his past and her past had lots of shitbut this didnt stop him from his way through her heart. Not only his appearance but also his dirty mind will keep you shocked and take your breath away. you feel like you fell into heaven with him and boom.
description

I also want to mention negat
Page
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: callie-hart
For me, this was a 5 star book up and until the last 15% when this sexy (VERY hot), slow build relationship with the perfect amount of action storyline became a convoluted mess of everything but the kitchen sink. Still, it was good enough to earn 4 stars.

Rooke was not Zeth Mayfair hot...( because really who is) but he was smoking, scorching, RIDICULOUSLY awesome.

Totally enjoyed this book.
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

Callie Hart has quickly reached queen of Dark romance status. She knows how to write a hero whose dark, intense, attractive, intriguing and dangerous. The heroine never stands a chance.

Rooke was that to the core and more!! Sasha is a broken soul whose immediately drawn to Rooke's edgy and intimidating persona. She's a woman whose been through hell and back and each day i
  • Explicit Memory (Explicit, #3)
  • Shattered (The Russian Guns, #5)
  • Nix. (Den of Mercenaries #3)
  • Ten Thousand Truths (Ten Thousand #3)
  • Sweet Seduction Sabotage (Sweet Seduction, #6)
  • Outcasts (Badlands #3)
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Hold Me (Collateral #2)
  • Ultimate Vengeance (Wanted Men, #4)
  • 14 Weeks (Investigators, #2)
  • Dare Me (Dare To Love)
  • Sweetest Sorrow (Forbidden, #2)
  • Passion Rising (Original Sin, #4)
“books are my escape from real life. Because you know what? Real life fucking sucks.” 0 likes
“It’s a romance story. You know. Boy meets girl. Boy does something monumental to fuck up their relationship. They fight and go their separate ways. Boy works hard to regain her trust and her love, and they live happily ever after.” 0 likes