Start by marking “LAUREN (Silicon Valley Billionaires, #1)” as Want to Read:
LAUREN (Silicon Valley Billionaires, #1)

LAUREN (Silicon Valley Billionaires #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  174 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Two Headstrong, Driven CEOs. One Undeniable, Scorching Attraction.

Being a scientist gives Lauren Taylor a purpose in life. At twenty-five, she's the CEO of a billion-dollar biomedical company, Paragon Laboratories. On the brink of a major discovery, Lauren lets nothing interfere with her work. Until she meets Gabriel Betts, the gorgeous and brilliant CEO of another Silicon
Published February 21st 2017 by Jack's House Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about LAUREN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about LAUREN

Anne OK
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne OK by: Marie Force
Shelves: 2016-reads

A new to me author recommended by a very favorite author whose books I can't put down. I didn't think I could lose on that recommendation.

This romantic suspense held my interest from start to finish. It was set in a different environment from what I am accustomed to reading and I really liked that variation. The suspense was well-written and the characters were multi-dimensional and a perfect match in my opinion. Each were strong and intelligent leaders in their fields and CEOs of their compani
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

From billionaire CEOs, scientists, and mercenaries, this story really does have it all, and more.

Lauren is full of corporate espionage and is set inside of a billion dollar biomedical company. Lauren is a 25 yr old brilliant scientist with a new and innovative biomedical prototype which could revolutionise the diagnosis and treatment of patients but despite her brilliance, and her company’s security measures, her computer system is hacked and suddenly all that Lauren has been working fo
Maida
I was given an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.

As it is right now, I'm giving Lauren a 3.5 rating. It's a fast-paced romp in a fascinating setting that is atypical of romance novels. Leigh James did very well in introducing the readers to the biotech world. I liked that she made her H/H both equally strong and she did not put unnecessary obstacles in their way in terms of realizing their love for each other. I also liked that through all the events happening w
Michelle Olms
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book
Corinne
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. The story was good and kept you intrigued. I also enjoyed the writing. I did find it a little long. Story line stretched out a little too long,but was kept me interested.
Jamie Salisbury
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was apprehensive about purchasing this book at first. The story line was so out of the norm compared to other "billionaire" books. White collar crime in the biotech industry? Why not, no industry is safe these days.
Once I started reading, I was not disappointed. Ms. James takes you into the biotech world of Silicon Valley giving you a very realistic look at the highly competitive world of this industry, and a sizzling hot relationship that is born.
The book is very well written. The hero and he
Jackie
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC in exchange for an honest review

Welcome to Silicone Valley where every secret is important and could change mankind.

Lauren Taylor is a brilliant scientist and billionaire in her own right who has been working on a chip that could change the world of healthcare. She is a closely guarded person and only lets a few people into her life.

Her sister and PR person convinces to meet Gabe Betts who is also a Silicone Valley billionaire. He wants to help Lauren with her product a
Sophie
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
When a young female researcher and CEO of her own company holds a ground-breaking bio-medical invention that is sure to rule the global healthcare market and change the lives of people as they know it, everyone wants a piece. Lauren has devoted the last 6 years of her life to her research and protecting it with her very living and she is not ready to share, not with just anyone, but at what cost. When the competition won’t take no for an answer and your world is threatened, what and who you thou ...more
Susan Zabell
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good book for me is a book that the sex does not over shadow the story. That the story would be a good read even if the sex wasn't there. This was a very good story with love and mystery. I give it a 4.5 stars. I would like to know when the next book comes out!
Sara Aston
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First book I've read by Leigh James and I really enjoyed it. Great story line along side the romance side of it a real page turner and I can't wait for the next one
Linda Simpson
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.
Samantha Kay
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lauren, the first Silicon Valley Billionaires book, was a pretty good suspenseful romance! Lauren was a wonderful heroine. She could be a bit stubborn and dense at times, but she was still a very powerful and independent women and I admired her character a lot. And Gabe was a total alpha male, which I loved a lot. He came on a bit strong at times and was overprotective, but it never got to the point that he was unlikable. Leigh James balanced his personality really well and I found him to the be ...more
Linda Dossett
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excitement and steam are all inclusive in this first book in this series. This is my first experience reading this author and certainly will not be my last. Good read, well worth the time spent.
Mary Smith
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding Book

Once you start reading this book you wont put it down. It has lots of intrigue, sex and hot alpha men. Lauren is one strong intelligent woman on the edge of a huge discovery. Gabe is a billionaire also very successful. Wait until you see how good they are together.
I will tell no more. You just need to grab this book and find a comfortable chair.
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book hangover

Lauren and Gabe grabbed my attention from the start. Throw in some international intrigue and...voila...it's 4 AM. Can't wait for Gabe's story later this year.
Julia Diaz
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger

This book was very good. I loved Gabe and Lauren but I don't really care too much for cliffhangers. I would recommend it though because when Marie Force says you should give a book a try then you should. I have already ordered another book from her Escort Series (free 1st in series book) and look forward to Gabe when it comes out.
Rach (A Chick, Her Dog and A Blog.)
First off let me tell you this book was absolutely AH-MAZING. Have you ever read a book that forever left you hanging?! That left you in a major book hangover.
Well thanks a lot Ms. James you have left me in the BIGGEST book hangover, EVER!! :-)

Lauren tells the story of Lauren (ha, see the title) a fiercely independent, extremely driven and smart woman. She would do anything for her company and does.
She doesn't think she needs anything other than her baby, her company.

In comes Gabe. The sexy, su
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an unbiased review.

I'm not sure if it's the mood I've been in lately or what, but romantic suspense novels haven't really been my thing. Unless they're super fast-paced and have a storyline that really pulls me in, they all end just being okay.

I had that experience with Lauren. It was fast-paced and eventful, but I wasn't into the danger Lauren faced. I felt like it was lacking a little suspense. I'm not s
Kelly
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was guidebook this book as an ARC in exchange for my review. To be honest, i just didn't find it intriguing. I had to push my way through it to finish it off. The storyline was just ridiculous given the heroines age, her character and the scope of the story.
I may have just been hyper critical when reading this because I did have to give a review, but I didn't like it. I just couldn't get a proper feel for the time line, sometimes days would pass without Lauren making contact with her beau, an
Rachel Hartmann
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great story! The nurse in me loved Lauren's invention. I loved that this book had a super brainy, super successful woman as the heroine. Great job!
Jessica
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I won a free copy of this book for my honest review. This is the first book in the Silicon Valley Billionaires series. Lauren is a brilliant scientist who knows what she wants and does it. She has come up with a brilliant invention that will change the world, but her competitors are trying to steal it before it comes out to the world. Gabriel Betts is a scientist as well. They are the perfect match but there is danger lurking around the corner. Gabriel and Laurens attraction to each other is str ...more
Tersea
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Lauren and Gabe and the secondary characters were awesome. If your looking for a nice and easy read and love the nerdy girl falling for a alpha male this is one to get. Can't wait for the next one
Sharron Forcum
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a romantic suspense I enjoyed very much. The romance was hot and the scientific aspect was interesting and intriguing. The main characters were both strong willed CEO's of their own companies but worked well together. I look forward to any future books in this series by Leigh James.
Lisa Reigel
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Silicon Valley Billionaires features Lauren Taylor and Gabe Betts. There is instant attraction between them. They are both brilliant billionaire CEO’s of their own technology companies who are strong, determined, and stubborn. Gabe is a perfect match for Lauren. He is smart, protective, and caring. Lauren is very reserved, a control freak, and extremely driven which has led her to be a recluse. Gabe is able to break down her barriers and I’m happy she is able to start havin ...more
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. it was full of drama and suspense as Lauren deals with a snake getting to take over her company. In the process the buttoned up CEO falls for Gabe her knight in a shiny Porsche and CEO himself. They are a perfect match with chemistry in abundance. Now just waiting on the next.
Nancy
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
It was a pretty good read. Not as much suspense as I thought there would be. That being said, the sequel sounds like it will be more suspenseful.
Shelly Carter
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good book
Patti
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read from Leigh James and I really loved it!! This book had smoking hot romance, suspense and a nail biting ending!! Loved the heat and chemistry between Lauren and Gage. From the time they met and all through out the book, you could feel the attraction and chemistry poring off of them. Unfortunately there are many road blocks in their relationship!!
The suspense in this book was great. With Lauren being a CEO of her own company and getting ready to launch a ne
Allison
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this book as it was recommended by a writer that I love. I just couldn't get into the story, and didn't feel connected to the characters.

I did like the setting and the concept as well as the strong female characters.
Karyn Decker
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book as an ARC for an honest opinion. This is the first time I have read this author. Her writing style is different from what I'm used to. She has the h, a 25 year old CEO of a Silicon Valley Biomedical Lab who is talking like she is a teenager, which I just couldn't get past. The H also acts like a barbarian when they just met. I just couldn't get past. The story had promise but the characters just didn't seem believable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Leigh James is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She's always been a writer. She started young (at six or seven), with a mystery about a socialite who drowned in a pool. (She'd probably been watching too much General Hospital with her Grammy!)

List of Leigh's Books:
Silicon Valley Billionaires Series:
Silicon Valley Billionaires: LAUREN
Silicon Valley Billionaires: GABE
Silicon
More about Leigh James...

Silicon Valley Billionaires (2 books)
  • GABE (Silicon Valley Billionaires, #2)