Start by marking “The Captain's Girl (Cornish Saga #2)” as Want to Read:
The Captain's Girl (Cornish Saga #2)

The Captain's Girl (Cornish Saga #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Cornwall 1793 - As the French Revolution threatens the stability of England, so too is discontent brewing in the heart of Celia Cavendish. Promised to the brutal Viscount Vallenforth, she must find a way to break free from the bounds of a life stifled by convention and cruelty. Inspired by her cousin Arbella, who just a few months earlier followed her heart and eloped with ...more
Published July 6th 2017 by Corvus Books

To ask other readers questions about The Captain's Girl, please sign up.
Nicola Pryce Hi Joanne, thank you for your lovely review of Pengelly's Daughter. I'm thrilled you liked it. I have now added the synopsis for The Captain's Girl.…moreHi Joanne, thank you for your lovely review of Pengelly's Daughter. I'm thrilled you liked it. I have now added the synopsis for The Captain's Girl. Thank you for pointing out it was missing. Best wishes, Nicola.(less)

Vicki
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review posted here: https://lilmissvixreads.blogspot.com/...

I had previously read, and really enjoyed, Nicola Pryce's previous novel Pengelly's Daughter, so I jumped at the chance to read The Captain's Girl. Thanks to Readers First for providing me with a copy in exchange for a review!

I was delighted to discover that Nicola's second novel is set in the same fictional world as her first, full of familiar faces and characters that I wanted to find out more about. If I really liked Pengelly's
Joanne
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series by the author. I won the first one and loved it and thankfully, did not have a long wait to read this one. Although there are characters common to both books, you can read them independently as they are focussed on different people in different (though linked) events.

I have only two real gripes about The Captain's Girl.

First: Although this is no Mills and Boon historical romance, the romance element is important to the plot. I felt as if the time spent betwe
Samantha
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Set in Cornwall in 1793 with the backdrop of the French Revolution this has more than an passing resemblance to the Poldark series. Vividly atmospheric describing the harsh often unforgiving Cornish coastline I could picture Demelza staring out to sea waiting for Ross to come back from France.

After reading this book I discovered that this was the second book in a series, this didn't matter, you can read these both stand alone I believe and the fact I hadn't read the first didn't stop me enjoyin
Catherine
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Captain’s Girl by Nicola Pryce
I was very pleased when I received this book from goodreads.com.
This is a historical romance set in Cornwall during the time of instability caused by the French Revolution
Celia, or Cecile, is a very likeable heroine, Spirited yet caring she manages to rise above her appalling parents. Her father in particular is irredeemably wicked.
I’m not going to reveal anything of the plot except to say it is romantic, swashbuckling and fast moving. Celia’s sister Charity is
Deborah Snelson
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love reading a well plotted evocative book which transports you in time and place then I highly recommend The Captain's Girl - and its prequel Pengelly's Daughter. It's set in Cornwall 1793. Celia and Charity are wonderful empathetic characters, the hero is dashing (of course!!), I enjoyed the history, the plot is fast paced - and I wish I could go sailing on L'Aigrette ...
Julie Foster
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down, I really enjoyed reading it. The story is lovely.
Jo Barton
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

Beautiful and feisty, Celia Cavendish is about to be betrothed to a man for whom she has no romantic feelings. Inspired by her cousin Arbella, who has recently eloped, Celia decides to try and break away from the horror of the life ahead of her. However, escaping her marriage, under the watchful eyes of her parents, is a risky affair, and even though she enlists the help of her neighbours, Sir James and Lady Polcarrow, Celia is little prepared for the adventure which unfolds before her.

This is t
Oct 18, 2017
Karen Macedo
Nov 28, 2017
maree
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2018
Rachel
Phoebe
Susan
Jul 22, 2017

Nicola Pryce trained as a nurse at St Bartholomew's Hospital in London. She has always loved literature and completed an Open University degree in Humanities. She is a qualified adult literacy support volunteer and lives with her husband in the Blackdown Hills in Somerset. She and her husband love sailing and together they sail the south coast of Cornwall in search of adven
More about Nicola Pryce

Cornish Saga (3 books)
  • Pengelly's Daughter (Cornish Saga #1)
  • The Cornish Dressmaker (Cornish Saga #3)