Start by marking “The Trouble with Bachelors (Windy City Bachelors, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Bachelors (Windy City Bachelors, #1)

The Trouble with Bachelors

(Windy City Bachelors #1)

Falling for her sister's first love, how could that possibly go wrong...

Zach Thorne is supposed to be off limits. Hes her sisters high school boyfriend and his love life is a revolving door of women. Hes also handsome, sexy and the one guy Emma Callahan has never been able to forget.

Published March 21st 2017 by The Sassy Muse LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Bachelors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Bachelors

Start your review of The Trouble with Bachelors (Windy City Bachelors, #1)
Carmen Rae
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometimes after reading a highly emotional or angst heavy book I find myself in a book hangover that I cant shake. I have over 500 books on my kindle (what can I say I am a hoarder) and a dozen ARCs I am due to read yet I spend hours and hours searching Goodreads for something to catch my attention.

Sadly after all of this scouring, when all I want to do is chill out with a good book but I cant get my head out of the last book, I still couldnt find a single thing to read and I was worried any
Bookgasms Book Blog
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, missy
Zach Thorne and Emma Callahan are the best man and maid of honor for Emmas sisters wedding. Did I mention Emmas had a massive crush on Zach since her teens and Zach just so happens to be Emmas sisters ex-boyfriend? Are you following along still?

Zach and Emma are essentially stuck together planning the various events that the best man and maid of honor are responsible for pulling off. And while theyre in each others constant company, theres no denying the spark thats between the two of them.
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Tasty Book Tours***

3.5 Stars

This was my first title by this author, and I enjoyed it. I liked both Zack and Emma, I liked the characters as well as most of their interactions with one another and the supporting characters.

There were times I thought there was a little too much focus on those supporting characters, and that it drew away from the story a little, but it worked overall.

I did like that they felt real, like they were actual people and in the actual
Jessica Alcazar
Let's talk about this cover before anything else okay ... ridiculously fun, right? I mean huge #CoverWin in my book. I wanted to make sure to mention this because I don't think covers get enough credit. They are the first impression you put out there of a book. It's important and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Because first impressions are crucial in life. If you mess them up, you may never find out the greatness beyond the cover. That's just life. So MAD PROPS for this cover :) It's the main ...more
Floryie
Another new author to read and I am happy with the book!

When I read the blurb about the pairing of the hero and his ex- girlfriend's sister, I had to get my hands on it. And I hit solid gold because it had lots of scenes which had me going "Ooooooo".

A good start to the story with the introduction of the hero and the heroine amid the wedding preparations. Emma has so much snark to her and she is also witty. I had fun reading about her. Zach is sweet under his playboy persona. He has made it into
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Serial dater/Playboy. Ex-girlfriends sister. One wedding. Too much time together. Things go on a ride for their lives. Emma had been the girl in the background. She was the sister to his ex-girlfriend. Now she was the maid of honor to his best man. Falling in love with her was not part of the play to get through this wedding. Getting to know her on a deeper level was not part of his plan. Emma and Zach had a chemistry that transcended the years. Even though he was off limits because he was an ex ...more
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome

4 stars

I loved Emma and Zachs story so very much but I also got so frustrated with this book. Their journey was slow fast fast slow fast but it worked for this book.
Hotness yay

Happy Sexy Reading
Tracy
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A forbidden romance, The Trouble with Bachelors intrigued me from the start. The hero used to date the heroine's sister, and now they are forces together as Maid of Honor and Best Man in a wedding party.

The tension between the two can be felt from the first interaction, and the two of them complement each other perfectly. They both throw each other off their axis and make them want to do uncharacteristic things, for the other. Their story was engrossing, I didn't want to put it down at all!

Avid Reader
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Trouble With Bachelors (Windy City Bachelors #1) by Caitlyn Blue
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Emma and Zach are essentially thrown together when Emma's sister and Zach's best friend get married. Emma is the Maid of Honor and Zach is the Best Man. They have known each other since they were in middle school/junior high and Emma used to have a major crush on Zach. However, Zach ended up dating Emma's sister, which in turn, caused Emma to lose
Ruthie Taylor
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the start of a new series, and I think it will be a hit! Inevitably there is the need for some scene setting, but it is done totally in context and just whets the appetite for future stories.

What I think was particularly effective was the blend of funny, sexy and slightly crazy! The sister about to get married, Julie does not come off well in my opinion, but there is time for her to redeem herself. The cousins
Mary
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Emma had a crush on Zach a long time ago, even after he started dating her sister, Julie. When Zach cheated on Julie right before Prom, she realized that he didn't deserve the pedestal she had him on.

Zach has shied away from permanent relationships since his parents marriage imploded. He's seen the devastation that kind of heartache brings and he doesn't want to face it again. But when he sees Emma at the engagement party
Bec
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it

Emma Callahan had the biggest crush on Zach Thorne years ago, but he ended up going out with her sister in High School. Now though with her sister marrying someone else, Zach is available. Still, Emma is cautious because everyone knows that Zach could have any woman he wants and his revolving door of willing female partners proves it. Is she the one woman able to change his mind on relationships, or will their chance at happy ever after fall apart since Zach should be off limits to her having
Romantic Reads and Such
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
There is so much I enjoyed about Emma and Zach getting together friends (of a sort) to lovers, high school crush, taboo relationship, reformed rake theres just a lot here to make me happy!

Zach is misunderstood in quite a few places throughout the story. Hes known to be a bit of a player but he really is a nice guy. Hes got a good heart, does a lot for his friends, and when he comes across a girl he wants to settle down with hes willing to do a lot for her. Unfortunately shes got some baggage
Cee Cee Houston
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Friends to lovers/ 2nd chance at love.
Emma fell in love with Zach Thorne when she was a freshman in high school and they took an elective speech class together. After being paired up by their teacher, Emma is over the moon when Zach offers to give her a ride home so they can study together.
But as soon as Emmas older, much more vivacious and pretty sister (in Emmas eyes) gets a look at Zach, its game over.
Zach and Julie become a couple and Emma is left out in the cold.
Fast forward 10 years. Julie
Armenia
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it
A Sweet start to a series...3.5 stars!

I found this story entertaining with Emma and Zack thrown together because of their roles as maid of honor and best man, and need to come up with ideas for a joint bachelor/bachelorette themed party.

Though Emmas had a crush on Zack ever since they were in high school, shes not about to give Zach any room to get into her pants. Hes one delicious, gorgeous panty melter, and thats all hell be to her. Apparently breaking her sister Julies heart soured her
Book Reading Gals
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Trouble With Bachelors
Series:  Windy City Bachelors Book #1
Author:  Caitlyn Blue
Genre:  Romance

Blurb: Falling for her sister's first love, how could that possibly go wrong...

Now theyve been thrown together as best man and maid of honor for her sisters wedding and some
Jessica
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a new group of friends to enjoy, The Trouble with Bachelors is an excellent choice. The characters are smart, sexy and lively whose antics will leave you highly entertained and smiling.

Emma, Emma, Emma. I really liked this character but as I read, I anticipated the moment she would take her own life by the balls. It was almost like she had chosen to be a bystander for all that was going on around her just so she didn't rock the boat.

Anyway, Emma is currently the matron on
JoDeen
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading Caitlyn Blue first book I knew I just had to get my hands on her next book , so when I heard about The Trouble With Bachelors I was thrilled and I dived into this book as soon as I possibly could and It was fantastic!.

In this book we follow Zach and Emma . Zach is Emma's sister's ex so you can already tell that this situation could becoming very complicated really fast .However now Emma's sister is getting married ,and In the wedding they both have really important roles. However
Keryth Belvin
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

Oh I'm so excited! I found a new author I love! And she is putting out a whole series of the people I met and fell in love with in this book. The characters are so real and believable. The intimacy is pretty hot too.
You have 2 people that have known each other for more than 10 years but while she has had a major crush on him for that whole time, he has just seen her as a friend or kinda like a little sister. Now suddenly he has
(Nat) Reading Romances
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it

Fun and HOT contemporary romance!

The Trouble With Bachelors is the first book in the Windy City Bachelors series. It's the first book by Caitlyn Blue that I read.

One thing that stood out is how it just wasn't about romantic relationships but also the friendship between women. I was confused at first with the number of secondary characters, I had trouble to remember who they were.

Zach and Emma were so hot together, and the sexual tension was off the charts! The couple worked really well. I
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Emma and Zach are paired together as maid of honor and best man for a wedding and their first combined wedding party event dredges up feelings both new and unexpected. The two already have history that didn't end well, and while their chemistry becomes undeniable, there are plenty of hurtles in their way.

Emma had a huge crush on Zach in high school. But he's her sister's ex-boyfriend and even though her sister is marrying Zach's best friend, Emma knows Zach is still considered off limits. The
Mommaleena
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Panty-Dropping Hotness
This was a cute story that had me not only smiling from the beginning but had me chuckling throughout. There were some frustration issues too, but then thats how life is. Especially when dealing with a wedding, siblings and friends. AMD maybe some residual high school issues. This was my first Caitlyn Blue book, but Im looking forward to more stories within this series. Each one will be another couple within their inner circle. Exciting stuff!
Emma has had a crush on Zach
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 4 / 5
How explicit 3 / 5
Romance 4 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5 (Rounded to 5 / 5)

Emma lives with her cousins in their grandparents Victorian house and works at her familys antique store. Her older sister, Julie, is getting married and Emma is hosting a co-ed Bride/Groom Shower at her house. The best man, Zach, happens to be Julies ex-boyfriend from high school as well as the grooms best friend. Emma has had a crush on Zach since she first set eyes on him in Speech class, before he started
Tina Todd shobe
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zach Thorne and Emma Callahan have a history. She's had a crush on him in high school and then he started dating her sister.

Now they are reconnecting due to her sister's upcoming marriage to his best friend. I loved how the story moved along with them reconnecting to getting closer as they spent more time together and then onto lovers with developing deeper feelings. I just love these two. They just 'fit'.

One thing I would of liked to see is Emma putting her sister in her place. (Well, her
Carolyn
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emma and Zach discover that The Trouble With Bachelors is finding out when they get serious with a relationship.
This author is new to me and she is a great writer! Emma and Zach are maid of honor and best man for Zach's best friend and Emma's big sister. There is a lot of drama trying to belittle their new relationship that began for Emma in high school and seriously for Zach as this connection grows. It is a great start to a new series. I received a gifted copy. I am voluntarily leaving an
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a new author for me, and I enjoyed it very much. Zach and Emma are the best man and maid of honor at Emma's sister Julie's wedding. There are awkward friend/family dynamics here because Zach dated Julie in high school. Dealing with a whole host of different people and personalities, Emma and Zach tiptoe around each other trying to figure out just what they're doing with each other. It was both fun and frustrating to watch Zach and Emma. I do wish Emma had a little more sass in her. She ...more
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story flowed well and I was kept interested. The story has laughs, love, and heartbreak.

This is Emma and Zachs story. Emma wants Zach but never had a chance with him. He was her sisters high school boyfriend so he was off limits. Now as they attend her sisters wedding as Best man and Maid of honor sparks fly. What happens when she has a chance with him a wedding fling then she can go back to her life. Can she take the chance? What should have been a
Jen
Shelves: reviewed, owned, 4-star
Zach and Emma have a connection right from the beginning, and not just a sexual one. Even though Emma has crushed on him since high school, it isn't until they are thrown into the roles of best man and maid of honor that Zach starts to see Emma as more than his ex-girlfriend's little sister. As if that alone doesn't complicate things, Emma sister is starting to have doubts about the man she is about to marry, who just happens to be Zach's best friend. Emma and Zach have an small issue with ...more
Lisa
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read that takes places around the planning of one wedding and how those involved starting falling in love themselves. Here we have the bride's sister and the bride's ex-boyfriend. It was an interesting read with all the drama that comes from organising a wedding, especially with a bride who is all about herself and has everyone else running around doing the work. She seems to really not like her sister being successful.

***Reviewed for LBM Book Blog***
Sherri Babb
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It was a sweet romance between Zach and Emma that had been building since they were teenagers. They started as friends and became so much more. I love Zach, He was a sweet romantic guy with a heart of gold. Emma was a sweet kind hearted woman with a heart of gold. Both of those hearts fought very hard to not give in. You add in all the secondary characters and it makes for one hell of a story. I cannot wait until the next book. This is 5 stars for sure.

• Swear (Landry Family, #4)
  • I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)
  • A Charmed Little Lie (Charmed in Texas, #1)
Voracious reader with an overactive imagination, chocolate addict, lover of fancy cocktails and tasty edibles, sucker for adventure movies and any music with a beat.

When not writing, Caitlyn loves to connect with her readers for whom she's extremely grateful. Join her VIP list to stay up to date on giveaways and exclusive offers.