Start by marking “The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Omnibus: No Quarter / The Quartered Sea)” as Want to Read:
The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Omnibus: No Quarter / The Quartered Sea)

The Quarters Novels: Volume II (Quarters #3-4)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  237 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The third and fourth novels in TANYA HUFF'S hugely popular Quarters series-now IN a single volume!

The next two novels from the highly popular Quarters fantasy series, No Quarter and The Quartered Sea, are now in one fantastic omnibus edition. From the twin assassins, Bannon and Vree, to the bard sent on a seemingly impossible mission, these magical characters take reader
Published November 6th 2007 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about The Quarters Novels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quarters Novels

Lauren
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely, without a doubt, LOVE this series.
Cupof Tea
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
There is something so right to me about the bard's powers and oaths, that Songs and music has an effect in the world, that the kigh (spirits or souls of the elements) listen and follow and sometimes are mischievous. If I lived in this world I would hope I was a Bard.

I also love the way Tanya Huff creates her characters, and has them all fall in love. It feels so natural every time, even though the normal societal hetero viewpoint doesn't exist and everyone is free to fall for anyone else (which
Aug 11, 2009 rated it liked it
I really like Huff's fantasy world, and having finally read the last two novels after reading the first two for the first time over a decade ago, there was a definite sense of satisfaction seeing many characters' various roles in their life. I -like- these characters, and I like the challenge to the gender stereotypes you see in so much fantasy fiction. If I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for magical singing, I can definitely believe women can be guards and soldiers and assassins and stonemas ...more
Janine
Aug 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
In the third book, you continue to follow Vree and Bannon on their perilous journey to regain his body.

In the fourth book, there is a twisted soul who is raising the dead, and he kidnaps the prince of the Empire, who looks like his old love. Vree and Bannon are sucked into this problem while still searching for a solution to their own.
Heide
Jul 10, 2010 rated it liked it
These books are somewhat disapointing. I like the world and in the second one the story but not so much the characters. Most other things I've read by her I love but these, meh. I wanted to finish them, but they're populated by people, of whom I'm not overly fond. I do have to say I really love that everyone in the book is causally bisexual.
zjakkelien
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I finally finished book 4 of the quarter novels, The quartered sea (this book consists of part 3 and 4), and I should have done that some time ago! It was again an excellent book, excellent world, good characters and lovely kigh! I can definitely recommend these books to anyone who is faintly interested in fantasy.
sjams
May 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved these books. It wasn't about showy fantasy, the end was sort of anticlimactic, but it was more true to human character that way. I loved it, loved it, loved it and am now reading even MORE of Tanya Huff's fantasy.
Thelma
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first novel. The third book was a continuation of the second, which I really disliked. The last novel was better than two and three, but still not a winner.
Strain
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I missed my stop three times on the train while reading this book. So, I recommend!
Carolyn Cole
Jan 10, 2016
Jett Cat
Apr 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Key to Justice (Gillian Key, ParaDoc #4)
  • Domains of Darkover (Darkover Series)
  • Chase the Morning (The Spiral, #1)
  • The Calling of the Three
  • Cataract (Cat Scratch, #2)
  • City of Night (The House War, #2)
  • The Road to Underfall (Loremasters of Elundium, #1)
  • Castle Kidnapped (Castle Perilous, #3)
1967
"Born in Halifax, Nova Scotia: Although I haven't actually lived "down east" since just before my fourth birthday, I still consider myself a Maritimer. I think it's something to do with being born in sight of the ocean. Or possibly with the fact that almost no one admits to being from Ontario…

Raised, for the most part, in Kingston, Ontario. It was the late sixties, early to mid seventies. Enough s
More about Tanya Huff...

Quarters (7 books)
  • Sing the Four Quarters (Quarters #1)
  • Fifth Quarter (Quarters, #2)
  • No Quarter (Quarters #3)
  • The Quartered Sea (Quarters #4)
  • Three Quarters: A Quarters Collection