Start by marking “Guarding His Body (The Donovan Friends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Guarding His Body (The Donovan Friends, #1)

Guarding His Body

(The Donovan Friends #1)

The ex-marine spoke with confidence and steely determination, but all Renny Bennett saw in his new bodyguard was a petite, doe-eyed nymph. Sabrina Dedune's feisty, take-no-prisoners attitude proved she took her job seriously. But suddenly the gorgeous body under that T-shirt seemed far more dangerous than any threat on his life.

Sabrina was good at her job, but this talent
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Guarding His Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarding His Body

Start your review of Guarding His Body (The Donovan Friends, #1)
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aar-aas-aam
This lady would lay down her life for this man. He was just as determined not to have a lady take anything for him. Not even a bullet. This was her job watching his life. Good to read a strong woman taking change and risking danger as an everyday.
Brandi
Nov 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
Lorenzo "Renny" Bennett has been getting death threats from an unknown source. As he is a artist, he is unconcerned and tries to move on with his life. His wealthy family has different ideas and hires Sabrina Dedune as a bodyguard to protect Renny from his stalker. Renny takes one look at the petite ex-Marine and dismisses her ability to keep him out of trouble. They are immediately attracted to each other but his playboy reputation and her own personal issues with men is making it really hard f ...more
Yvonne
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VERY ENJOYABLE READ.

I absolutely loved Renny and Bree's story. It's amazing how quickly all Renny wanted to do was to Protect Bree. This was a lovely story about a lot of love, and some suspense as well. I definitely recommend this book to anyone that's in the mood for a great story. Great job A.C please keep these great stories coming. Thank you.
amaya crosby
Jun 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book to read

Because it's an awesome book to read I didn't like that Harold and latrice would not take no for an answer and I would recommend this book to all the women in my family
Lee Holden, E.
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Excellent read, I enjoyed the storyline and the characters. I read all of A.C. Arthur's books about the Donovan's and friends. I recommend you read all this authors books. Please try to read them in order. Happy reading, enjoy.
SassyMama
Jun 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Who's Guarding Who?

A THRILLING read! Mrs. Arthur has created another UNFORGETTABLE cast of characters. You are instantly caught up in Renny and Bree's story from the first chapter. With neither looking for love; it makes the heated attraction between this couple all the more SIZZLIN'. I enjoyed watching Sabrina trying very hard to avoid becoming involved with her SEXY new client. And it's quite entertaining watching Renny wear down her resistance. I thoroughly enjoy reading about their budding r
Joyce Hudson
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-c-arthur
Can't believe I have had this book in my collection for 7 years and never read it. I enjoyed Bree and Renny story. Bree is pint size powerhouse bodyguard that has been hired to protect Renny Bennett but ends up needing protection herself from a ex boyfriend who she did not know was married. Bree and her ex were both in the military it was mentioned that the ex received a dishonorable discharge. Did not say whether Bree received a dishonorable discharge or not. Loved how Renny finally got Bree to ...more
Gina Martin
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First let me say that I believe that Renny was mouth-watering fine. The description in the book gave me a great visual of what this character looked like...my goodness, but I digress. This book was off the chain. I loved the chemistry between Bree and Renny. I loved the fact that both characters were so protective of each other. I also loved the closeness of the Bennetts and the Desdunes. I guess Lynn will be hookin' up with Rico, so I am looking forward to that story. Also can't wait to read Tr ...more
Ronise
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED Lorenzo "Renny" Bennett and Sabrina Desdune's story. From the beginning the heat is there. Sabrina is assigned as the Mr. Bennett's body guard, which is big NO for him. How is this petite,seemingly harmless WOMAN supposed to protect a man who practically towers over her? Between Renny's struggle to accept that he may be in danger and Sabrina's struggle to do her job efficiently -there is a passion/fire between the two, which cannot be tamed. Although the story began as Sabrina being the ...more
Delaney Diamond
Thumbs up for this one. Great chemistry between the couple, solid love story, and A.C. pulled off a tricky plot idea--allowing the heroine to be the bodyguard of the hero.

The only drawback to this story was that at the end of the book, the heroine wasn't allowed to be the strong woman she was purported to be. I think it would have cinched the idea of her being a capable ex-Marine if she could have handled the situation by herself, without interference. I'll leave it at that.

Sunnie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Ms. AC Arthur. But I tell you, it wasn't what I thought...it was so much better. How did they think Sabrina was suppose to guard Renny as fine and sensual as he was? How did they think Renny would allow her and think nothing would happen? But really...who's guarding who? And guess what...Trent Donovan works with them! I was so excited when he made an appearance. This is a must read. Great job Ms. Arthur!
Sharon
Nov 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica-romance
I had a little trouble with the heroine, trying to accept her badass side and the side that was totally docile and scared. It was such opposite ends of the spectrum that I never knew which side of her would do what. It was a little tedious. But the story line was very enjoyable, and the man was TOTALLY HOT with some steamy sexy scenes!
Andrea Wallace
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was work to finish. Steamy erotic scenes were well done. However, the plot was unnecessary convoluted with separate threats against both main characters and the reveal for motive of both threats happened on page 700, during the last 100 pages of the needlessly long story.
Natalie
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was good. The chemistry between Renny and Sabrina was explosive. However, Sabrina wasn't a very good bodyguard. Her skills as a competent body guard was lacking. Other than that....this book was GREAT.
Jeanette Rhone
Apr 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was a very good book.I think this was her best.
david l hutchison
Fantastic, love and mystery.

A beautiful written story. Deep love, explosive action, great characters and a beautiful ending. It doesn't get any better than this.

Cheri Harraway
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
This was a pretty good book. I liked the premise of a female body guard.
Kyra Gates
Oct 07, 2015
Joanna
Feb 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Seaside Cafe (The Book Club #1)
  • Millions (Dollar, #5)
  • Lilac (Heirs book 6)
  • Me + Somebody's Son: A Heights Story
  • Long Time Coming (Whitfield Brides #1)
  • Jade (The Heirs Series Book 7)
  • Deacon King Kong
  • The Sweetest Temptation (Whitfield Brides #2)
  • Thousands (Dollar, #4)
  • ENTANGLED PURSUITS (MEN OF ACTION Book 1)
  • Taken By Storm (Whitfield Brides #3)
  • Teach Me Tonight (Hollington Homecoming, #2)
  • Hundreds (Dollar, #3)
  • Dollars (Dollar, #2)
  • Pennies (Dollar, #1)
  • Two Nights in Paris (Brooks Family Book 5)
  • Harvest Moon (Hideaway Legacy #5)
  • Return To Me (Holmes Brothers, #8)
Artist C. Arthur was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland where she currently resides with her husband and three children. An active imagination and a love for reading encouraged her to begin writing in high school and she hasn’t stopped since.

Working in the legal field for almost thirteen years now she’s seen lots of horrific things and longs for the safe haven reading a romance novel brings.

The Donovan Friends (8 books)
  • Summer Heat (The Donovan Friends, #2)
  • Winter Kisses (The Donovan Friends, #3)
  • Under the Mistletoe (The Donovan Friends, #4)
  • Always My Valentine (The Donovan Friends, #5)
  • Always In My Heart (The Donovan Friends, #6)
  • For Always (The Donovan Friends, #7)
  • The Winter Wedding (The Donovan Friends, #8)

News & Interviews