Start by marking “The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 1)

The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road

(Gulf Coast Paranormal #1)

On the Gulf Coast, Things Don't Just Go Bump in the NightThey Terrorize You and Sometimes You Disappear!The paranormal investigators at Gulf Coast Paranormal thought they knew what they were doing. Midas, Sierra, Sara, Josh and Peter had over twenty combined years of experience investigating supernatural activity on the Gulf Coast. But when they meet Cassidy, a young artis ...more
Published March 15th 2017 (first published March 8th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road

Kay*FindMeInThePages*
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Short read that could/should be increased to flesh out the characters and abrupt ending. Could use an editor. That being said, I did enjoy the story and setting.
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Although this was interesting I think it could have been so much better if it would have been longer as it just undone.

It starts out with a death of a young woman and how Ranger the guy she was with is accused of her murder though he swears it was something else that got her.

This is told in more than one POV and I am not really sure it’s a story that really needed that but there is Cassidy a young woman who has been haunted by her sister’s disappearance a long time ago. She also has visions of t
Mary
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ghosts, ghosthunt
3.5 stars ✨
Jeff
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
1. I'm not saying this book was poorly written; it actually wasn't bad. 2. I'm not saying that the storyline was poor either.--The problems, however, are so monumental that I can't justify giving it any higher than 2 stars (or, in my rating scale, a C-)

The story bounces between Midas and Cassidy, for the most part. There are other areas where the main person is someone else, but it's mostly those two. Cassidy is a painter who has strange dreams; once she has these very vivid dreams, she has to p
Heidi
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT

I can't even tell you how much I loved this book! I'm a true horror/suspense junkie and M.L. Bullock is right up there with the best of them! I hate giving spoilers, so I wont. But I can guarantee The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road will keep you up late turning pages like a madman (it did me). I loved the characters and felt a real connection with them. The storyline was exciting and unpredictable. I can't wait for the next Gulf Coast Paranormal Book.
Dagmar
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entertaining
This is the first book i have read by M.L.Bullock. The characters are very realistic and the kind of paranormal ability that main character has, grabbed my attention from the beginning. Short but very smooth flow to the story. I enjoyed it very much.
Rachel Bullock
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay, so I waited until I had finished all eight (so far, there’s a 9th one coming out soon and who knows how many more after that) books in this series before writing this review. Instead of reviewing every one individually, I’m just going to review the entire series.

The reason I started this series is because I got the first book free from a Bookbub email. After I finished it, I’ll admit I was curious about what happened next. I went to Amazon and noticed I had a free month of Kindle Unlimite
Marjorie
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I only purchased this book as there was a special deal on the second one in the series so thought I would be as well reading this one first. This is the beauty of e-book reading you can try new authors without a massive outlay as, lets face it, feeding a reading habit is NOT cheap.

Told from the perspective of several different people each one is given their own chapter. The real problem starts with the voice of each character, they all read more or less the same so I had to check a couple of tim
Courtney
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cassidy is a young 24-year-old woman who has survived through her mother dying and her sister disappearing for four years. Cassidy also has a peculiar gift. Spirits try to communicate with her, through visions of sort and she is able to portray what she sees through her paintings. Recently a horrible situation at the Kali Oka Road plantation has been plaguing her. Images a black owl, a tall dark man and a pure white, ghostly woman have been surfacing. While these images are invading her personal ...more
Julie Kersten
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, mystery, ghosts
Needs more development

I love the premise of this book, delving into the lives of ghost hunters and exploring ghost stories. I really like how this is based on a real place and real ghost stories about it. I was really getting into the story and the characters but in the last few chapters it's so rushed. I think this book could be double the length and be even more interesting. I really wanted to know more about all the characters, the ghosts and the living people. It was so disappointing to get
Kim
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, popsugar-19
I read this book for Popsugar prompt 36 A ghost story
The prompt is the only reason I would read a ghost story and I am not unhappy that I did

A team of paranormal investigators solve a crime and add Cassidy to their group. Cassidy is a woman who has dreams (or are they visions?) and needs to paint what she sees. These paintings are clues to crimes past and present.

All very paranormal and spooky.

The story bounces along but it possibly a bit thin for the sake of brevity. So too are the characters.
B
Anne Iglesias
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Strange things happen with Cassidy when she paints. She could swear she is taken to another time and place, but that sounds crazy, right? A chance invitation from a laundromat worker brings her to a Gulf Coast Paranormal Team’s meeting. She wants to tell someone about what happens to her, but it’s so bizarre, she’s afraid to. One of the team’s members reaches out to her, and before long, Cassidy is along for the ride as the team investigates the ghosts on Kali Oka Road. Along the way, Cassidy re ...more
Emma Donovan
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, novella, scribd
Rating - 3.5

Audiobook from Scribd.

This is a dual perspective book and to begin with, I found the narration of the Cassidy too much - I get that the actor was acting the part and trying to get over the emotion and feeling of it all but it just annoyed me.

Having said that, the storyline was fun albeit rushed at the end - the specific story comes to a conclusion but there are a few unanswered questions which I am guessing will be covered in the other books, but it was all a bit - OH OK we're finish
Miroslav Mihov
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.1 stars. The mystery had its moments and there was one almost horror-y scene, but all of that was drowned in a sea of some of the cheesiest corniest "romantic novel drama" that can be put to paper. All of the characters sounded very immature and were mostly concerned with jealousy, thinking how they can kick someone's ass or how someone looks.
I'd be interested to figure out what happened to the protagonists sister, but no way I am sitting through all of those groan inducing dialogues and inte
Brenda
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping paranormal story

This is the first book i have read by M.L.Bullock but it certainly won't be the last. The characters are very realistic and the paranormal elements grabbed my attention from the beginning. I felt like there was a very smooth flow to the story that made it one that I couldn't put down. Hints of a budding relationship between Cassidy and Midas has me anxious to read the next case for the Gulf Coast Paranormal Team! A great read that was provided by my kindle unlimited subs
Rebecka
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Review will be coming soon. I will quickly say that I did not enjoy this book much. The formatting was strange, with a lot of obvious mistakes. First Person Perspective did not work for this, as it jumped from person to person. The story, and ghosts, were predictable. Some of the characters were hot and cold, seemingly changing their opinions at the drop of a hat. The conclusion felt very rushed and forced, and there was no tension.

I did enjoy some of the lines in this book however, and while I
Kel Amstutz
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a HUGE fan of M. L. Bullock. I can say that now, as I am on my 3rd series and have read several books of hers. This book is NO exception. I gave it 5 stars because, although it took me a minute to get into this book, I mean after leaving Desire, MI and the Belles, I connected immediately with Cassidy and Midas. And it picked up so fast and kept the adventure throughout the storyline. I can't stop reading M.L. Bullock- Im hooked!

Now, what is going on with this black owl...I must read on to f
Sherry Bledsoe
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Incomplete

I feel like I started a story that was already in progress. The first chapter, sort of, kicked off the story but the second chapter went from one page and typeset to a different typeset and seemed to have skipped a few pages. Then I would turn the page and the typeset would change and it seemed to have skipped back to missed portions again and this went on in this fashion for a while. Eventually, this stopped but half the time I could not figure out whose head I was in. This is written
Sheri
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
interesting start to a new series. I like the majority of the characters the dislikable ones are disliked abill. I enjoy the introduction of some of the local culture into the book makes more realistic the area is intriguing and is said to be filled with ghosts so it makes for an interesting read. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Kathi Harrison
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two mysteries provided - more recent past and long past. Long past mystery was solved and handled. More recent mystery got a paragraph explanation on what happened. Hopefully that isn't the formula for this series because other than that disappointment, I really liked the writing, the characters and the supernatural aspects.
Becky Isaacson
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
the old houses, and ghosts into a historical fiction book set in Mobile, Alabama, is a must read!! I love these characters, This is the first book in a new series, Gulf Coast Paranormal. The Ghosts of Kali Oka Road will keep you on edge wondering whats going to happen next. I can't wait to start the next book in this series. 5 *****
Christine
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed it! I know some reviews complained about a lot a first person point of views but the Chapter headings tell you who is talking. It is no different then the Seven Sisters series. I absolutely love this series & looking forward to starting the second book right away!
Kelly Jarvis
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
a nice easy read with a chilling storyline, could have been finished better felt it a little rushed but all in all I did enjoy it as I only bought it because I had the second in the series for free, now to read that
Pam Thomas
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some lifetimes it's always Halloween

This author has a good grasp on the paranormal. A clear sense of the thiness of the veil. If you like the ghost investigation shows you will like this. This girl takes you for a ride.
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was expecting it to be a ghost story -- even somewhat scary. But, instead it was just flat and uninteresting. The story is told from multiple points of view -- not sure why outside of gimmick. Will not be continuing with the series.
Kelly Graban
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

I love how your creative mind works. I really enjoyed the Seven Sisters series and the characters. Now, you have me hooked on another series and new characters with entirely different gifts. Your story plots are so gripping and I look forward to the next book.
Josette Thomas
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really good book. I loved how Cassidy could see visions by touching paintings. She helped a ghost move on and found her lifelong problem could be used for good. I only hope she can find out something about her missing sister. Hop fully another installment is to come.
Mysti Kay Lamb
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed it.

I thought it was a good book. I have been reading cozies and this was a nice departure from those. More like a cozy paranormal thriller. I will be continuing this series.
Kristal
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked this book. Great characters, great story line, great build up; but then it ends out of no where and a little too simply for my liking. Such a complex story with such a simple ending was a little bit of a let down. But still enjoyable.

• Signs of Hope: Messages from Subway Therapy
  • Rum Curious: The Indispensable Tasting Guide to the World's Spirit
  • Single But Dating: A Field Guide to Dating in the Digital Age
  • Play Dead
  • Random Illustrated Facts: A Collection of Curious, Weird, and Totally Not Boring Things to Know
  • Angry Little Girls
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor)
  • Demagoguery and Democracy
  • The Moneypenny Diaries: Guardian Angel
  • A Twist Of Lennon
  • The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten
  • Wagging through the Snow (A Melanie Travis Mystery)
  • Daughter of the Stars
  • Go to My Grave
  • The White Christmas Inn
  • Naked at Lunch: A Reluctant Nudist's Adventures in the Clothing-Optional World
  • The War Bride's Scrapbook
  • Dead Trees Give No Shelter

Gulf Coast Paranormal (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Ghosts of the Crescent Theater (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 2)
  • A Haunting on Bloodgood Row (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 3)
  • The Legend of the Ghost Queen (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 4)
  • A Haunting at Dixie House (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 5)
  • The Ghost Lights of Forrest Field (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 6)
  • The Ghost of Gabrielle Bonet (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 7)
  • The Ghost of Harrington Farm (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 8)
  • The Creature on Crenshaw Road (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 9)
  • A Ghostly Ride in Gulfport (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 10)
  • The Maelstrom of the Leaf Academy (Gulf Coast Paranormal Book 11)