Start by marking “Desert Roots (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #6)” as Want to Read:
Desert Roots (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #6)

Desert Roots

(The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #6)

This bad boy won't play by the rules.
Daredevil Carly Hawthorne, youngest of the Hawthorne wolf shifter clan, doesn't believe in true love. At least, that's what she thinks until bad boy Luke Brandstetter comes along, refusing to play by the rules.

Luke is a man with more wrongs than rights in his past, and his scarred shifter soul yearns to turn over a new leaf. Somehow, he
Published March 28th 2017 by Twin Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Desert Roots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desert Roots

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

Well HAWT Dame. Ms. Lowe hasn’t lost her touch. We are at book six in The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch and it's just as phenomenal and breathtaking as all the others.

We have Carly the youngest of the Hawthorne’s and Luke a bad boy who is ready to turn over a new leaf.

These two complemented each other perfectly. Carly is the wild child and only does one night stands, no attachments. She has some deep issues that as a women, child, and mother I can understand. Some of use, like Carly, don’t want to
Linda
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Luke is ready to turn a new leaf, do good and return to his childhood home, when he comes across a tempting thing who wants him bad for one more night.
How could he know what this would mean for him?
Carly knows that men disappoint, why would this gorgeous hunk be any different?
Little does she know that hes about to turn her life around..
Smutty fluff, shifters and action in a great, fastpaced read.
Love this series!
Disclaimer; I was given a free copy in exchange for my honest review.
Jennifer Scarn
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of the Twin Moon series, this final book did not disappoint. Once again Anna has this amazing ability to describe her settings in a way that's almost melodic. Her words flow like poetry and I find it entirely enchanting. As a native to Arizona I can tell you she truly understands the magic of the desert and the beauty that lies within. What I loved most was Luke's ability and willingness to allow Carly to be the alpha she is and take a step back and let her lead. There is strength in gi ...more
Karen Fisher
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. I freely leave this honest review so others will know how good it is. Carly is a daredevil always searching. Heading to the ranch to visit her siblings she encounters Luke. He has bad boy written all over him. Their fling becomes more when they end up in the same place. This story has returning characters from prior stories leaving it rich in emotion. You do not have to read the previous books but you would get a more fulfilling read. ...more
Nancy
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Come follow Carly and Luke in their journeys to find home. Maybe you need to do all the "wrongs" in your life so you can end up in the place where you were always meant to be. Great conclusion to the Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch series.
Belinda
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. It’s been a while since we had a full-length Twin Moon Ranch story and this one is just as heartfelt, close, sweet, romantic, spicy, and family oriented as they all are. There are no lows in the story. In between the high-action parts, you glimpses into the characters minds and backgrounds, which just sets you up for the climax of this story. I still can’t stand Audrey and now, I kinda hope for the Old Alpha--the Hawthorne patriarch--to ...more
Kaila
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
so truly amazing.. this series has made me so happy and ilove that carly gets her hea... she is amazing and strong and wonderful. i loved it and im glad i got to review it
Bernadette
The last book in this particular series and it doesn't disappoint. The romance centres around the youngest Hawthorne sibling Carly and her mate Luke.

As we know from the previous books, Carly doesn't believe in fated mates and is a kind of 'love em and leave em' type of gal when it comes to scratching an itch but her chance meeting with Luke doesn't go strictly to plan. They meet face to face at a rest stop but Luke had noticed her when she overtook him on the highway on her motorcycle. Luke was
Karen
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Carly is the youngest of the Hawthornes, but unlike her siblings, she hasn't settled down. In fact, she's determined to continue to live her life as she pleases, right on the edge. And right now, she's headed from her mother's pack in California to her father's pack in Arizona on her Triumph motorcycle. She doesn't notice the old blue Ford pickup she passes as she cuts in and out of traffic, eluding the patrolman behind her. But the driver and his wolf notice her.
Luke Brandstetter was cast out
Mari
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: unlimited-read
WARNING - ENTIRE PLOT SUMMARY AHEAD (used for me to keep track of series events)
REALLY - DON'T READ THIS; IT SUMMARIZES BOOK.

late entry

Carly the youngest of the Hawthornes - protective older brothers. Carly is the wild child and only does one night stands, no attachments.
Luke a bad boy who is ready to turn over a new leaf. Luke has a horrific past - as young teen, his pack was taken over by bad guy rapist. Sis kills self so not raped. Mom tells him to run. He didn’t have an easy life and becam
Shayay
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series! I've enjoyed every Anna Lowe book that I've read! I love that her books have a bit of danger to them, and I always love a great shifter story. In Desert Roots, wild child Carly is returning to Twin Moon Ranch for a visit. Along the way, she meets Luke. The passion between these two is hot! Carly doesn't want to fall in love, so she has one-night stands. Too bad this one-night stand is going to the same place as she is. Luke has a bad past, but he's trying to change his ways. He ...more
L M
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not my favourite in this series but still an enjoyable read.
Carly has been a major factor in this series as the half-sister that floats in and out of Twin Moon ranch. This is her story but sorry, I did not like Carly for the majority of this story.
Carly disappointed me, I was not impressed with Carly and her selfish, self-centred attitude. She cannot see she is on a self-destructive path to prove she is not like her mother or father. But she really is like her father, hurting people by not givin
Denise
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, romances
The story of Carly and Luke starts out as a pickup at a bar, but the chemistry between the two is more than either of them is ready for. Carly has man issues. Her mother married a very dominant alpha and was not strong enough to stand up to him. Carly does not want to end up like her mother moving from one unsuitable mate to another. Luke has had a rough life. Forced from his pack at fourteen, he has drifted and done some things that make him cringe to think about.
Luke is headed back to his orig
Tanya Brown
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series by Anna Lowe and I hate to see it come to an end but I will be seeing these characters in her spin off series THE BLUE MOON SALOON. We finally hear Carly's story, the daredevil sister who belongs to 2 packs. She meets Luke in a bar as he's on his way to Twin Moon Ranch to start making amends for things that happened years ago. He's turning over a new leaf and the Ranch is his first stop. Kyle is not ready to forgive and as Luke tries to prove his sincerity to the pack, he ...more
Becky
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book!! Anna Lowe says it wraps up the Twin Moon series, but I certainly hope not! This book centers on Luke and Carly but most of the Twin Moon ranch people are also in the book. Luke knows Carly is his mate from the first time he sees her but Carly is scared and fights her feelings. It is so good! Highly recommend this book and the entire Twin Moon series!
Linda Levine
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favourite series. I really liked this final book in the series in which the youngest of the siblings finds her mate. Carly has been reluctant to find a mate and it takes a special shifter to change her mind.

Luke has lived a hard life. He had to leave his pack as a teen and ended up in a gang. He made some bad decisions and now wants to go back to the pack and help them rebuild.

Carly and Luke are an explosive couple. I love their first meeting in the bar. Carly is confident and
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sooo wonderful!

Awesomeness! So sad its over, glad that Carly and Luke had their story too.I am looking forward to the off shoot series tho! Anna Lowe you are an awesome writer please keep it up!
david l hutchison
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good story, good action.

Good characters with excellent interplay. Lots of action and lots of love both family and couples. Nasty bad guys to aim at gives a full story that is very enjoyable.
Elizabeth Wheeler
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

What more can I say about this series. I love the characters and the storylines. This is the last book in this series and it wraps the series up beautifully. I can't wait to read the spin offs.
Melody
Jul 27, 2019 added it
Carly & Luke

Thoroughly enjoyed reading Carly & Luke's story very much. I love reading a happy ever after story it makes me feel better after a very hard time. Thank you for writing this story.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

A short read with some very hot shifters.

Read full review in the 2018 May issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Tia
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bad girl and boy gone good

Carly and Luke met in a bar, had one night and went their separate ways. Little did they know they would meet again. Soul mates licking their wounds. Loved it! Perfect end to series.
Nancy Eaton
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anna-lowe
Wonderful - loving this series
Holly J. Handy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book.

I liked this book because of the drama and romance. It had a good fast pace. I liked how the family stayed together.
Kristel Jaramillo
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Really Like this series!! I am really sad it ended. I would love to know what hapen in North Ridge pack !!!!!
Sandy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Liked every well written book in this great series. This one was a good ending with excitement and drama along with a love story where everything seems to go wrong.
Wendy Campbell
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful

Wonderful ending to this beautiful series. I hope we get a lot more of these characters in the other series.
Carolyn
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great ending to this series. Carly went from annoying girl to someone I could appreciate. I wish it had more romance, but it seems wolves can smell their mates.
Melvena Asa
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Desert Roots

Exciting and full of surprises. From the very first page until the very last page it will keep you on your toes. Definitely a great book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sword of Justice (La Patron's Sword, #3)
  • Dilemmas (Highland Wolf Clan #5)
  • Punished (Crescent City Creatures #1)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Accidentally Yours (Coyote Bluff #1)
  • Saving Arianna (Dot Com Wolves 2)
  • Mending Scars (Others of Edenton, #5)
  • Darkness Unleashed (Mystic Wolves, #6)
  • Bound by the Moon
  • Lawful Claim (The Sigma Menace #4)
  • Desires of a Full Moon (Rise of the Arkansas Werewolves #3)
  • Wolf Creek Enforcer (Texas Pack, #2)
  • Savage Surrender (The Devil's Dires #1)
  • Shifter Untamed (Aspen Valley Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
  • Wolver's Gold (The Wolvers, #5)
  • Alpha Wolf (Black Mesa Wolves #2)
USA Today and Amazon best-selling author Anna Lowe loves putting the "hero" back into heroine and letting location ignite a passionate romance. She likes a heroine who is independent, intelligent, and imperfect — a woman who's doing just fine on her own. But give the heroine a good man (not to mention a chance to overcome her own inhibitions) and she'll never turn down the chance for adventure, no ...more

The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch (6 books)
  • Desert Moon (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch, #1)
  • Desert Blood (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch, #2)
  • Desert Fate (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch, #3)
  • Desert Heart (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch #4)
  • Desert Rose (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch, #5)