Start by marking “33 Percent Rockstar: Music, Heartbreak and the Pursuit of Rock Stardom” as Want to Read:
33 Percent Rockstar: Music, Heartbreak and the Pursuit of Rock Stardom

33 Percent Rockstar: Music, Heartbreak and the Pursuit of Rock Stardom

Scott has played over 500 concerts at hundreds of venues spanning almost two decades. From performing to the bar staff at strip mall dive bars, to a sold-out show with members of The Misfits and the Ramones, 33 Percent Rockstar: Music, Heartbreak and the Pursuit of Rock Stardom is about the love of music and life as a struggling musician. It is the true story of what ...more
Published April 19th 2019 by No Bueno! Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 33 Percent Rockstar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 33 Percent Rockstar

Start your review of 33 Percent Rockstar: Music, Heartbreak and the Pursuit of Rock Stardom
Roxanne
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from Goodreads for a fair review. I loved this book. It takes me back to my teenage years in the 1960,s when I went to almost band that was performing at that time. Even at my age now I am still rocking until I am dropping. So this subject involving music is great. Scott played over 500 concerts over two decades. He shares a familiar story with some famous bands that when they are doing their music they have bad cars, play at dive places, malls or wherever they could get a gig. ...more
JM
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Received ARC from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

I've read a bunch of biographies by all manner of famous rock musicians before. You usually get two kinds: a look into a person with surprising depth despite their public persona, or a self-indulgent tour of the many excesses that public persona has managed to survive.

I have to admit that I'm not familiar with the author's work as a musician, but it was fascinating to read about his many trials and tribulations while trying to make it
Cory
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book provides an insight into life as non famous musician that other music biographies don't. I also have to give love to a Denver author. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Taylor (TaysInfiniteThougts)
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book provides a lot of insight into the work and effort it takes to become a good musician or for chasing any dream for that matter. Scott knew what he wanted and he continued to chase it until he reached a point in his life where he knew it was time to move on. Although he technically didn’t reach 100 percent rockstardom, he still got to play with multiple bands in different genres and got to open for some bigger bands.

I love listening to music, but I also like learning about the people
Alan M
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
As the antidote to the many music bios which describe the twists and turns on the road to stardom, 33% Percent Rockstar chronicles author SC Sterling’s attempt to hit the heights.

Sterling admits he wasn’t a natural musician, and in many respects his story is one of how his dogged determination did at least get him on stage, on tour and into the recording studio. However, glamourous it wasn’t. Whilst bands form and then split, an enduring constant is the sleep deprived tours, the gallons of beer,
Perry
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
This book gave what seemed like an accurate (and sort of hellish) portrayal of life in a good but not great rock band: practice, drink, perform, break up, repeat. The writing was not particularly strong and there were a lot of abrupt transitions.
Greg
F
Aaron Rockwood
Kathleen

• The Dark Between Stars
  • Gone, Baby, Gone (Kenzie & Gennaro, #4)
  • It's a Long Story: My Life
  • Scar Tissue
  • A Dream About Lightning Bugs: A Life of Music and Cheap Lessons
  • An Italian in Italy
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • this is how you know i want you.
  • The Beautiful and the Broken
  • The Last Pirate of New York: A Ghost Ship, a Killer, and the Birth of a Gangster Nation
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • The Two Lila Bennetts
  • Mad Woman
Scott C. Sterling is originally from Portland, OR and moved to Denver, CO at the age of thirteen. He is the author of Teenage Degenerate , a memoir about drug addiction and growing up. His follow-up book 33 Percent Rockstar: Music, Heartbreak and the Pursuit of Rock Stardom is a music autobiography about the vast majority of musicians who never achieve rock stardom.

Ways to connect with Scott: