Start by marking “Stoking the Flames: 13 Tales of Dragons, Destiny & Desire” as Want to Read:
Stoking the Flames: 13 Tales of Dragons, Destiny & Desire

Stoking the Flames: 13 Tales of Dragons, Destiny & Desire

Surrender to the Desire…
Embrace your Destiny…
Soar with the Dragons…

Stoke the flames that 13 of your favorite NY Times, USA Today and International Bestselling authors have ignited with their fiery tales of the scorching passion that erupts when a dragon is united with their soul-mate.

Soul Fire by Kelly Abell
Desired Revenge by Solease M. Barner
Devon by Kathi S. Barton
On Wi
Kindle Edition
Published March 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Stoking the Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stoking the Flames

Nicole Laverdure
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
My review is for Linda Boulanger.

A fun dragon adventure! 4.5 stars
On Wings of Time, written by Linda Boulanger, is part of Stoking the Flames: 13 Tales of Dragons, Destiny & Desire, a Multi-Author Paranormal Romance Box Set, which will be released on March 28th.
Amileigh and Luke's story is a beautiful work of fiction, that include dragons and time travel elements. Their journey is mostly set during the Medieval time in Scotland and is be filled with twists and turns. I also liked the other c
Petula
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Soul Fire ,
by Kelly Able
☆☆☆☆
Gabriel is a hunter of evil magical beings. Because he asked questions in the wrong place by e has caused devastation.
Grace is Gabriel's wife, but she has been cursed by an evil witch. She is forced to live as a dragon and obey every command of the witch.
Our hero has to find and kill the one who torments his love.
This is part of a series, that should be read in order. I still enjoyed this though.
******************
Desired Revenge,
By Solease M. Barner.

I skipped
Anna Low
I love dragons and had to read this book when I heard about it in a newsletter. The authors give a variety of different time periods as well as different dragons and is a great way to catch up with your favourite dragon authors as well as meeting some authors you may not have read yet. Stocking the Flames is well worth the read and I had trouble putting it down once I started it.
Rebecca Larsen
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

These authors have outdone themselves to give us a set of steaming hot stories. Each story has the authors own unique twist and flair. My favorite stories were Linda Boulanger’s – “On the Wings of Time”, Solease M Barner’s – “Desired Revenge”, Darlene Kuncytes’ – “Promised to a Dragon”, Julia Mills’ – “Sadie’s Shadow”, Kate Richards’ – “Fire and Ice”, and Victoria Zak’s – “Scorched Hearts”.
Rebecca Warner
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Julia Mills story...

The start of a new series is a scary thing for an author. They always wonder whether their readers will like and buy the new books. I will say this "Julia Mills is always worth reading no matter what and I think this new series will fly. " I will be eagerly awaiting the next story.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great collection of new stories featuring dragons and their soul mates. While I enjoyed all the stories I'll just mention a few of my favorites.

Promised to a Dragon by Darlene Kuncytes - the story quickly drew me in and had me wanting to know what would happen next.

On Wings of Time by Linda Boulanger - a captivating story with great characters.

Sadie's Shadow by Julia Mills - thisstory has all the elements for a great entertains story.

I've discovered a few new authors with this coll
Shannon Boltin
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was only able to read 1 of the 13 stories due to my crazy schedule, but it was wonderful.
TITLE: Soul fire. By, Kelly Abell
This was ultimately a story about the powerful bonds of true love.
Grace has been cursed by the black witch to live forever not only in the form of a dragon. but she is under the witches complete control aided by the enchanted soul fire ring. and is forced to carry out the witch's evil commandments to burn & destroy certain villages killing innocents
Graces husband Ga
Clare
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read one story from this anthology due to not having time to read more and I read Dragonslayer, Dragon Heart by Isobelle Cate. Ive read many books by this author in the past and Isobelle never disappoints, she has a wonderful way of telling a story, of making it believable and keeping the reader interested in what is going on between the characters.
The story is about a warrior who has being trying to slay his dragon for a couple of hundred years to claim his soul and while searching for her he
Nikki Brooks
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a superb collection from a selection of the most prolific and best selling PNR authors out there. All have their own unique take on Dragons and their mates. They all have different background worlds and mythologies and I heartily enjoyed all of them.

The content includes: Soul Fire by Kelly Abell, Desired Revenge by Solease M. Barner, Devon by Kathi S. Barton, On Wings of Time by Linda Boulanger, Dragonslayer, Dragon Heart by Isobelle Cate
Heart of a Dragon by L.J. Garland, Promised to A D
Rebecca Larsen
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

These authors have outdone themselves to give us a set of steaming hot stories. Each story has the authors own unique twist and flair. My favorite stories were Linda Boulanger's - "On the Wings of Time", Solease M Barner's - "Desired Revenge", Darlene Kuncytes' - "Promised to a Dragon", Julia Mills' - "Sadie's Shadow", Kate Richards' - "Fire and Ice", and Victoria Zak's - "Scorched Hearts".
T.M. Payne
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book: Stoking the Flames: 13 Tales of Dragons, Destiny & Desire
Author: Kelly Abell,Solease M. Barner,Kathi S. Barton,Linda Boulanger,Isobelle Cate,L.J. Garland,Darlene Kuncytes,Andi Lawrencovna,Julia Mills,Tricia Owens,Kate Richards,Kali Willows ,Victoria Zak
Publication Date: 3/28/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
I read four of these fantastic stories and putting my review up for them.

On Wings Of Time by Linda Boulanger
New to me author..
I am a avid dragon
Elizabeth Neal
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Devon (The House of Wilkshire, Book One) by Kathi S. Barton

Devon's first ten years weren't pleasant, but thankfully the last twenty-five have been better. He and his grandmother, Susanna, are the only family each other have and as such are very close.

Kelly has gone without in order to save for a month long vacation around the UK. After being betrayed by her sister, she's even more excited to fly to another country and leave her both her sister and mother behind.

Devon can't help the loneliness th
Dmcl
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Update July 1, 2017: I'm now 81% through the book and it's exactly what I suspected; each story is as interesting and as enjoyable as the last. It's amazing how authors can take the character of a dragon and give it her own spin so that it's a unique take on this remarkable creature. So recommend to any who enjoy PNR in general and dragon tales in particular.

So far I've only read Sadie's Shadow by Julia Mills, but if the quality of that writing is any indication, then the rest of the book must
Tracy Byrne
Apr 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF... I don't like the POV this is written in. the lead female is also infuriating, she's a petulant child and I don't have the patience to deal with her.

Merged review:

I started this with high hopes. I had to put it down after 2DNF stories. The first was too heavy with the Catholicism the second I wanted to smack the lead female character from the get go.
Tammy Hall
May 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OVERALL REVIEW of Stoking the Flames II: This anthology is packed full of dragons galore. Some will leave you soaring while others will leave you on the edge of your seat. Either way it is an awesome package of stories like none other told. The authors went above and beyond to make this a package of books that is well worth your time in reading. It is amazing there's hot steamy romance, heart wrenching love for a child, and so much more. If you love dragons this is the anthology for you.

Breakdow
Geneva Handleman
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was hard to decide what to choose for a rating on this one. I have several of these that I really loved, but there were a few that were just ok. One in particular made me cry, which is rare for a short story. It is a good mix of authors, though! The only think they have in common is the dragons and their mates. Some are happy ever after from the beginning, some are oh-hell-no-I-don't-want-a-mate type stories, and others are confusion reigns types.

As an independent reviewer for Romance Author
Angie
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kali Willows, Curse of the Dragon Eye was fantastic! I loved the characters and the story line was amazing. So original.
I absolutely loved the dragon queen and her tale. Ureena is a strong woman working in the archeology field when her boss becomes seen in another light.
Hector is trying endlessly to get Ureena to go out with him.
It's then shortly after he persues her that things go terribly awry.
This book has an awesome story line. Dragon shifters and some past and present Egyptian history.
diann walker
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

All the stories were very good. I now have new writers to follow. One of the stories had it had better editing would have been more enjoyable. But the other 12 ROCKED! I could not put it down, I've already sought their other books.
Magdalena
Not worth your time. There were only about three good stories in this collection.
Lindsay Gould
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great storys loved them
Brei-ayn
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. So many great stories. Some of my favorites stories are Promised to A Dragon by Darlene Kuncytes , Sadie’s Shadow by Julia Mills, Curse of the Dragon's Eye by Kali Willows , and Devon by Kathi S. Barton. All the stories are great and left me wanting more.
L M
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for the Julia Mills book.

KELLY ABELL - SOUL FIRE
Not my cup of tea.
Too overdramatised and I dislike the angel-devil aspect of it. Doesn’t really end with a HEA, as they have a child to save.
SOLEASE M. BARNER - DESIRED REVENGE
KATHI S. BARTON - DEVON
LINDA BOULANGER - ON WINGS OF TIME
ISOBELLE CATE - DRAGONSLAYER, DRAGON HEART
L.J. GARLAND - HEART OF A DRAGON
DARLENE KUNCYTES - PROMISED TO A DRAGON
ANDI LAWRENCOVNA - THE DRAGON'S SACRIFICE
JULIA MILLS - SADIE’S SHADOW
Just too short to do this sto
Melanie-Smokenator
Dec 18, 2017
Darlene Kuncytes
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Iris Vera
May 25, 2018
Peggy
Mar 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2017
A dragon, a dragon, I thought I saw a dragon…well, in this collection of thirteen stories, there are a number of dragons. If you are a fan of dragon romance stories, you will enjoy this set. There are a variety of locations, time periods, and adventures. Through them all, we find the theme that a dragon must find his (or her) mate. All of the books were good, each unique. I am reviewing four.

My favorite book in this set is Victoria Zak’s Scorched Hearts. Bex, our heroine is a dragon shifter who
Leah Hart
Jul 07, 2017
Shelly Roke
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super twists on dragons!

Great group of stories! I got it for a particular story, Ladies of the Sky, but enjoyed all of them. Now I have even more authors to follow!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kelly is the author of thirteen novels. She writes young adult thrillers as well as adult romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance. She writes about gripping characters in tense situations that keep a reader turning the pages. The greatest compliment she can receive is for someone to say they lost sleep because they just couldn't put one of her books down. She also spends a great deal of ...more