Start by marking “Crush Me (Crush Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crush Me (Crush Me, #1)

Crush Me (Crush Me #1)

From the very beginning, I suspected I was making a bargain with the devil. I accepted a position as Bryce Gentry’s personal assistant knowing there was more to the job than answering emails and taking meeting notes. I mean, so what if he likes to watch me do my office work without my shirt on? No big deal. All I care about is making ends meet and taking care of my son. Bu ...more
Published January 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Crush Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crush Me

Lillian ᴥ Cloud 9 Books
***** 4 Stars *****

If you're looking for a dark erotic story with lots of twists, you need to pick this up. Some of the scenes were just so dirty, but I couldn't stop reading. The storyline and plot was like a drug.

Calliope is a single mother fighting for custody of her son. She can't afford a decent lawyer, so she is at a disadvantage. When a job with good pay falls on her lap, she can't decline the offer because she can finally catch up on her rent and hire a better lawyer.

But there is a pri
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

*** 3 Cranky Stars ***

Calliope Cruise hasn't made many wise choices. She was a promising young mind at Stanford in the field of robotics engineering until a dashing professor comes along. Flash forward to almost 3 years later she's struggling. Living with her sister trying to make ends meet. We can only guess how that meeting went with the professor.

Bryce Gentry is the owner of a cutting edge robotics company. He seems charming at first glance but underneath he's a manipulative jerk who plays wi
Hooked On Books
Feb 22, 2017 Hooked On Books rated it it was amazing
5 out of 5 stars

Warning, this book is full of dark themes.

I am not sure what I just read. My mind is entirely frazzled. I cannot believe what poor Callie went through.

Callie is a single mom struggling to pay the bills. She loves her son and would do anything for him.

When Callie takes a job as a personal assistant with a high profile tech firm, she isn’t at all ready for the expectations her new boss has of her. She has to keep reminding herself that everything she does is for her son.

On a dinne
Brandi Aga
Jan 31, 2017 Brandi Aga rated it it was amazing
Now THIS... THIS is how I like my dark reads. Fast paced, twisted plot, alpha males...

"There are two circles in my life, and they must never touch."

Calliope is a single mother, sharing rent with her sister just trying to make ends meet. She got mixed up with the wrong man, not at all who she thought he was. Now she's having to say goodbye to her son once a week and every other weekend. As any mother would do she's trying to get her son back, for good. With money tight that means getting a b
Le Ann Foster
Feb 06, 2017 Le Ann Foster rated it it was amazing
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions**

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Warning: Might have triggers for some readers!

This was truly my definition of a dark read and I absolutely love it. The fast pace, the twist, turns and surprises that came along was just what I needed. I didn't not see the end coming , I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Callie is a single mom, works two jobs to keep her ex from taking her little boy. When she sees a opening for a PA for a billionaire, she know she need
Paula D
Jan 27, 2017 Paula D rated it it was amazing
Wow a intense dark story! Callie is a single mom with bills and trying to get a good job. Callie goes to Bryce Gentry to hopefully be a Personal Assistant for him and that day her life changes. Bryce is a millionaire and disgusting and treats Callie like a whore but Callie deals with it because she needs the money plus Callie is afraid of her ex taking her son. Callie meets Jackson Bryce's old best friend there rivals and Callie and Jackson have a connection but what will she do about Bryce? Can ...more
Kathleen R.
Feb 14, 2017 Kathleen R. rated it it was amazing
Title: Crush Me
Author: Stasia Black

5 amazing stars

Let me take a moment to breathe before starting my review because Stasia Black ahs knocked me on my butt in such a way that my head is still spinning. Crush Me is far from being the inter office romance that ends well, and I have a feeling that when Callie first met Bryce, accepting to be his personal assistant, she knew it as well. And when a connection between Jackson and Callie forms, things get more complicated for everyone involved in way
Ingridshenie
May 10, 2017 Ingridshenie rated it it was amazing
Book Hangover!! Major warning.. Dark romance.

Im in shock.. literally. I'm freaking numb after reading Crush Me.. I was not ready for that ending. I had a hard time reading the last few chapters. Why do you ask? Because my vision was blurred from tears.

The story entails of a single mother named Callie who gets involved with her college professor David. After becoming pregnant he dumps her. Finding out that David was married, and did not want nothing to do with her. Distraught from the news, she m
Kelly Wood
May 09, 2017 Kelly Wood rated it it was amazing
Holy mother of all things dark and twisted.
Let me go ahead and warn you up front: this book is not for the faint of heart. If you are the swoony sweet HEA fiction loving reader....this is not for you.
But if you like your books over the top.....where you constantly say WTF.....a book that drags you down dark and twisted hallways that you hope to never really physically visit yourself....?? Then hell to the yes....this is all for you.
The storyline is INTENSE, CRAZY, and so dramatic it sucks you in
Stephanie Rogers
Jan 27, 2017 Stephanie Rogers rated it it was amazing
When Princess Dreams Die...

...you can crumble, or you can rebuild. Calliope has had her share of Prince Charming faces with insincere souls, starting with the professor who knocked her up and dumped her so he could keep his tenure. The only blessing to come from the chaos is her son Charlie. Her attempts to keep him from his spineless father and his wife from legally taking him away lead her to pursue a job offer from Bryce Gentry, a tech titan and professional a-hole. Used as a pawn to get back
Kim Holsapple
Mar 24, 2017 Kim Holsapple rated it it was amazing
A Very DARK Romance (please be careful if you have triggers)

I just finished Crush Me last night! Whew my panties are still in a twist! To be honest, at first I had a hard time with the beginning of the book because I thought it was the author’s writing BUT IT WASN’T – it was the character of Gentry. I am so glad I kept with the story.

This story is fast paced so hang on! Callie is a single mom, who is trying to keep custody of her son. Gentry is her boss, who gives her a job to help her afford a
Brandi
Mar 22, 2017 Brandi rated it liked it
I truly enjoy a dark read. Even better is a dark erotic read but this one didn't sit well with me. I've read some crazy stuff before but that pivotal scene at toward the end just wasn't right. Yet I guess that't the point. I really wanted to kick Bryce Gentry in his family jewels for how twisted and manipulative he was. Seriously the dude needs a reality check and maybe a crash course on how to dirty talk. Some of his words we're cringeworthy. I really liked Jackson Vale I think at his core he i ...more
Charity
Feb 05, 2017 Charity rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that will haunt your dreams. It sucks you in and spits you out! From the first page I could not stop reading. Fair warning this is a very dark romance. All the unexpected twists and turns had me on the edge of my seat. Callie is my hero. She is faced with the horrible decision of how far will you go to save your family. Then she must face the consequences of her choices. By the end of this book my heart broke for Callie. I can not wait for the next book to see how this ...more
Belinda Donaldson
Jan 27, 2017 Belinda Donaldson rated it it was amazing
Wow my mind is completely blown by this book.

Callie is a single mum trying to make ends meet, keep custody of her son and keep what little dignity she has left in tact.

Bryce is alpha, gorgeous, rich, every girls fantasy. But in disguise. Truthfully he is the devil. And he just made Callie a deal she should refuse but can't.

Jackson has been burnt by Bryce in the past and wants nothing to do with him, until he meets Callie.

Callie will do anything to save her son, Jackson will do anything to save C
Donna
Feb 09, 2017 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-received
This was an amazing read, not really dark, (I hve read much worse),but degrading, humiliating, sad. Triggers for rape and abuse definately. It was an emotional read, which I can only give credit to this amazing debut author. She has the ability to bring the story to life, and the emotions are real. Poor Callie, I really felt for her, and I am looking forward to continuing this story as Jackson is just what Callie needs right now, as well as Charlie. Hot steamy scenes as well as sad abusive ones, ...more
Michelle
Feb 07, 2017 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Callie gets a job with Bryce Gentry, only to be treated horrible. Callie deals with it because she's desperate for money. Then she meets Jackson and everything changes. There are lots of twists and turns that will leave you wanting more. This is one of the best Dark reads I've read in quite a while. This book takes you o a ride you will never forget. Can't wait for the next book!!

I received this Exclusive ARC and I am leaving a voluntary review.
Janee
Jun 27, 2017 Janee rated it it was amazing
Brave character

Crazy ass book!!! Callie is one stronger women. The shit storm of her life has her bouncing back in every turn. By the end of the book I was ugly crying. It is a dark erotic book, but damn how much can this poor girl can take!
Yvette F.
May 11, 2017 Yvette F. rated it really liked it
A new author for me to stalk!!!

This was my first book from Stasia Black. Safe to say I'm going to add all her books on my TBR.. Loved this book. The twists, it was fast paced from start to finished. Can't wait to start the next one.
Roxann Pool
Feb 24, 2017 Roxann Pool rated it it was amazing
Intense Gripping Compelling

This was an intense story of Callie's ability to stand up for herself and not be a victim. I can't wait to read the rest of the story. I volunteered to review an advance copy and am really glad I did.
Barbara R. Cady
Jun 15, 2017 Barbara R. Cady rated it really liked it
Can get warm

Exactly what you want from the "buy" description. It was good but I hated that it's a "to be continued " in book two.
Jane Phipps
Jun 20, 2017 Jane Phipps rated it really liked it
Wow!

It's a build up and it goes nowhere you think it should. I hope she gets her revenge and wins!!!!
May 13, 2017 Sarah rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Extremely well-written but incredibly dark content. Callie goes through it. Make sure you read all warnings before reading because it is no joke.
Analia Almonte
May 29, 2017 Analia Almonte rated it it was amazing
A great read and a great story. Love it.
Melanie Kulpa-Effnert
Feb 04, 2017 Melanie Kulpa-Effnert rated it really liked it
This book was my first by this author. I don't want to spoil so I keep all things important out of this.

This story is about man powering over woman, betrayal and very cruel things that can happen to you.

Sometimes I thought that Callie was too naive. But what I really liked about her is the love for her son and what she's willing to do to keep him.
I think from the start she doesn't get it that Gentry is the devil himself and that he is able of all things evil. Even at the end Callie doesn't see w
Saskia
Mar 11, 2017 Saskia rated it liked it
This author is new to me so this is the first book I read. Callie is a young single mother and need money. She starts working for Gentry who uses her for his own goals. Jackson is a rival but the better man. Then everything explodes snd Gentry shows his true colors and will Callie end up losing it all. I like the writing, it was fast paced but I didn't care for the over use of swearing in this book.
Nina DuBois
Feb 16, 2017 Nina DuBois rated it really liked it
Actual Rating 3.80 stars

What I enjoy about Crush Me that it deals with a sensitive topic and how completely defines and rules the main character Calliope. She is a victim and that's all she knows how to be. I really liked that the author does a great job highlighting the impossible pressure put on woman with men of power.

Calliope or Callie has been through a deal in her short 22 years of life. She's fighting for custody her son to her ex, while battling to let go of traumas from her past. This
Michelle Austin
Feb 16, 2017 Michelle Austin rated it it was amazing
description

Crush Me was a great 5 star read.

We start out with Callie at Bryce’s office trying to get a job as his PA. She needs the job to help keep custody of her son. She is determined to do whatever it takes. Little does she know exactly what that will encompass.

A perfect little slut, just for me to take out when I want to play.

Bryce’s dirty mouth was quite shocking at times to Callie. The way he would talk to her and treat her really ticked me off. Than she me
Aimee
Feb 14, 2017 Aimee rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this book because the synopsis intrigued me. The heroine didn't have the easiest time and there are some parts that may act as triggers for those who are survivors of abuse or assault. I didn't feel like they were that awful, and I've read stuff far worse than what happens in this book. At least, far worse on the spectrum of potential triggers.

This book left me dying to read the sequel, Please Me. These two books are raw, gritty and real. The author plays with her characte
Cally
Feb 18, 2017 Cally rated it it was amazing
This is a dark erotic read that will you have you gripped and hooked from start to finish.

We meet single mum Callie or Calliope and is looking to get full custody of her son of her ex gets to see their son one day and every other weekend. All Callie wants to do is be able to provide for her son and making ends meet. She also wants is to hire a decent lawyer that will help her win sole custody of her son. She is currently sharing the rent with her sister in order to help make ends meet.

At the mom
Terri Turner
Feb 15, 2017 Terri Turner rated it it was amazing
A Book Lovers Emporium - 5 stars I so enjoyed reading this book, the writing was good and the characters were so believable. I was totally mesmerised by this story and it's wonderfully colourful characters; I couldn't put it down.

When Calliope Cruise walks in to a job interview for the PA position to the CEO of Gentry Information she is holding out all her hope of getting this job. She has been turned down numerous times for job positions and this one is her last hope; she has a two and a half y
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Crush Me (2 books)
  • Please Me (Crush Me, #2)