Start by marking “Be True (At Last, The Beloved Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Be True (At Last, The Beloved Series, #1)

Be True

(At Last, The Beloved Series #1)

"When we're in public, you're mine."

Outspoken, outgoing, and outrageously out, Trevor Rogers isn't one to say no when opportunity comes knocking. And jetting off to New York City to play the part of reclusive billionaire Logan Carter's boyfriend for a Valentine's Day publicity campaign? That's not just a yes, but oh hell yes.

When Logan Carter's business partner, the founde
Published January 6th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Be True, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be True

Start your review of Be True (At Last, The Beloved Series, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I really liked Stella Starling's Christmas story, All I Want. In that book, Trevor was a secondary character, a truly memorable one, and I was very glad to hear he was going to be one of the MCs in the first book of Starling's new series, At Last, The Beloved.

Trevor is charming and flamboyant. He loves fashion, and he loves people. It's what makes him so good at his job in men's wear at Ashby's, an upscale department store. Trevor is a big flirt and has fun dating, but he's not one to settle do
Tanu Gill
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!!

This book was so great, I feel like reading it again right away! I immediately fell in love with Logan and understood his default mechanism of resorting into an expressionless voice so as not to give away anything.

Trevor just made me trip and laugh and grin like crazy from the first appearance on page! He was such a vibrant, exuberant character that I got swept along with Logan under the powerful waves of his awesomeness!

The storyline was very touching. One of the things that I really li
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
3.5 fluffy stars.

This was a great little book. I adored Logan and Trevor grew on me after awhile. The book was bogged down with lots of inner monologue which I hate until about the 50% mark and then it picked up a bit when the guys finally have sex...which was HAWT. But when the BIG MISUNDERSTANDING happens I was pissed because Trevor ran off based on other people's words and never once stopped to talk to Logan even though he wasn't completely honest with Logan about his feelings himself. Thoug
Susan
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
This is a spin-off from All I Want, but it's not really necessary to read that first. Although since it's a great book, you should read it anyway.

I really liked this pretend-boyfriend story. The writing was engaging and there was a natural flow to the dialogues.

Logan is a wealthy businessman, who doesn’t do personal relationships. He comes across as stiff and cold, since he never smiles. But he is also sweet and quite insecure inside.

Logan goes to Chicago once a month for his business, and he al
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars!

Take note - this is pure schmaltz, but be reassured, it’s good schmaltz.

If you liked this author’s holiday predecessor All I Want, then this is a no brainier, as this spin off follows the same vein in being very sweet and feel good.

Logan is driven, rich, and successful, and he’s eschewed any emotional attachments or vulnerability, especially since he was totally screwed in the love department several years ago. So now, he never mixes business with pleasure and truly believes he’s inca
~Mindy Lynn~
I was glad when I saw that Trevor was getting his own book. He was one of the characters that stood out for me in the Christmas story, All I Want .

I love the fake relationship trope so this really worked for me. Which is why I think I enjoyed this more than I did the Christmas book.

Logan was an interesting character. He's very Johnny Cash'esq with his dark suits. Gray and Black are his colors and he refuses to wear anything bright that will draw more attention to himself. He's been betrayed
Jennifer☠Pher☠
When I finished All I Want I was very excited to see that we were getting a series spin-off. All I Want was one of my favorite Christmas reads of 2016 after all.

This was not a disappointment. It was super cute. Super fluffy and super hot.

My only issue was that these boys spent so much time in their own heads! I found myself skimming a bit when the thoughts would just go on and on for page after page.

I think I needed just a tad bit more conversation.

I still really enjoyed the book and can not wa
Bitchie
I admit, I had a tough time finishing this one. It wasn't the writing, that was solid. It wasn't the characters, I liked them both. It wasn't the editing, I didn't see any glaring issues.

No, my problem with this one is my own issue with the tropes as they played out in this book. I'm just SO tired of the "we both agreed to sex only, no relationship, but now we both want more, but neither of us are willing to say it out loud, because they had a deal, and the other person won't want what I want."

I
Meags
4 Stars

It’s been a little over two months since Stella Starling burst onto the scene with the fabulous Christmas story All I Want, but already this team of M/M authors has quickly impressed and wooed me into making them an immediate auto-buy.

Be True gives us Trevor Roger’s story – a charming character originally introduced in All I Want, which can technically be classified as a prequel to this series, but which doesn’t need to be read prior to this for full comprehension (although I highly reco
Gigi
Feb 27, 2017 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
I'm going to pass since I didn't enjoy the first book in the series. ...more
Fani *loves angst*

Sweet and tender and very very enjoyable, this was exactly what I needed right now: something light and easy, but not ridiculous or completely lacking emotions. I loved both MCs, found their chemistry really amazing and if there was a bit more of angst, this would end up in my keepers shelf.

However, this book reminded me of a plot device that I have been noticing lately in way too many romances and it drives me crazy: the interference of well meaning friends who more often than not want
haletostilinski
So I ended up enjoying this book a lot more than I thought I would after the start of the book. It was fairly slow and I had to take a break and come back to it a few times. But once I got past the 20% mark, I started to get really into it and the story really started to pick up and I ended up loving Logan and Trevor a lot!

Was there a little of manufactured drama near the end? Eh, maybe. It felt a little manufactured. But, I loved how communication happened afterward, that there was only one day
Santy
1.5 Stars.

This had one of my biggest pet peeves in books: Agnst because the MCs just wouldn't communicate. Not couldn't (that's okay) but WOULD NOT.

They both tip toed around themselves till the end when Logan did a frankly unnecessary thing to win Trevor back. I know he's a billionaire and all but that was stupid. It didn't make sense and all in the hopes that someone MIGHT love you back? *eyeroll*

Also, if they had just talked about it, this book would've been 50% shorter. But because they did
Michael S.
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, highly emotional, and overall adorable in a way similar to the previous story in this setting. Feeling a vague, non-hooker-y Pretty Woman-urban-fairy-tale vibe, and it works beautifully.

Trevor was a great choice to carry over to this story as an MC, and Logan had his own unique charm despite being set up as a convenient Demeanor-of-Stone/Heart-of-Mush archetype.

Loved the sexual and romantic tension and the light casual kink. Fun stuff :)
Shile

4.5 stars for this amazing, fluffy , cinder-fella story. Logan and Trevor fit perfectly together even though they are complete opposites.

Logan is a successful businessman with an icy exterior, once burned by love and now completely closed off focused only on business and meaningless hookups until he meets Trevor. I fell in love with Trevor from the beginning, he is a flamboyant unapologetic store clerk who lives life to the fullest and he is also Logan’s tailor. When these two meet the chemistry
Lily
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. A funny, cute story. I squealed and swooned at the light drama and sexual tension. Typical HEA but a lovey read nonetheless. Light spanking occurs.
**Kαчcєє**
**3.5 stars**

One of those I-got-hurt-so-I'm-not-going-to-love-again stories. Book was pretty slow for the first half. I enjoyed Trevor's character. Logan was dull, but he was written that way to show the difference in his personality "before Trevor" and "after Trevor". It was effective, but still dull. As I said, the second half of the book got more interesting and I found myself getting into it.
It had some very sweet moments:
"...in that moment, [Logan] needed to kiss Trevor, the way he neede
☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆
Another Stella Starling read I liked. The fake boyfriend trope is one of my faves, and Trevor [from All I Want] and Logan played it to perfection...until it wasn't fake anymore 😍. Nice to catch up with Elliott and Ash, and the rest of the gang from the Ashby's store in Chicago. ...more
Candice
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was cute.

I didn't read Ash and Elliott's Christmas book and I'm thinking maybe I should have. While this was a Standalone, Ash and Elliott made quite a few appearances in this and talk about their relationship. I kind of wished I had that backstory so I knew what they were talking about.

Trevor and Logan though were great. I loved how Trevor brought Logan back to life. I love how he just jumped right in feet first. I loved how he stood up for Logan every time. I loved how Logan stood up for
Pixie
2.5 rounded up. The fake boyfriend thing went on too long between the two of them. Also the resolution to prove his love was true was over the top. Just having a conversation probably would have made more sense. I would read Kelly's story though. ...more
Ed Davis
Oct 31, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I just can’t keep reading this. I love the story, but all the inner monologue is driving me crazy. I’ve tried skimming past it , but it’s 75% of the book. It’s just so boring. I want to know what the characters think, but it needs to be about 10% of the book.
Zuzu
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was SO good! I loved both Logan and Trevor. Slow burn and not too much of a wait after the misunderstanding. The end was perfect.
Tiffany
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Lovely fake boyfriend story. I like the switching view points, e.g. each chapter presents someone else's view point. This really helped to understand some of the reasons for why Trevor and Logan thought and behaved the way the did. On the other hand I wonder if perhaps the climax might have been more poignant if we'd had only one person's point of view. Nevertheless, lovely story. ...more
Annelise Lestrange
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Review

*~.PROS.~*

This book made my world stop when I first started reading, making me fall in love with another author: Stella. The chemistry between the characters was masterfully done, the settings, the relationships, the EVERYTHING was perfect, haha! Seriously, 5 stars without blinking.

*~.CONS.~*

This cover. Seriously, the story had everyt
Cadiva
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely romantic addition to this extension of the All I Want setting

We met Trevor in the Christmas special which introduced this world setting from new duo Stella Starling. He was wonderfully flamboyant and out going, with a bit of a bite to his witty tongue.

In this book we get his story as he moves on with his tailoring sideline while still working at Ashby's department store. For 12 months he's been fitting the clothes of businessman Logan, a somewhat dour and closed off man but one who Trevor
Lisa
Logan and Trevor relationship is fake to start with.
Every month Logan travels to a business meeting in Chicago where he goes to Trevor's stor to buy clothes. When Logan's partner receives death threats , Logan is asked to stand in for him with 6 weeks of PR events. Logan decides to offer Trevor the job of making him more personable, and for 6 weeks they agree to be fake boyfriends.

I really enjoyed this story. I loved Trevor and his personality and how he bought out Logan's fun loving side.
It wa
Leaundra
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up to 5....Loved these two together. I thought they were so sweet and sexy.
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
2.5 stars round down to 2 because of over the top sappy ending.

The first half of the book was so good but second half just dragged. If the author wasn't so repetitive, this book could have shorter and not have felt like such a drag.
Renée
Achim
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5
It has it's moments but is so unbelievable like a TV show from the 80's.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • Can't Get You Out of My Bed (Love & Luck, #6)
  • Stud (Four Bears Construction #5)
  • Fake Friends (Never Just Friends, #2)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Two Men and a Baby (Love & Luck, #5)
  • Bossy
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • The Edge of Heaven (Love Beyond Measure #1)
  • Marry Me (Tattoos and Temptation #1)
  • Grinding (Otter Bay, #2)
  • Falling (Delicious #3)
  • Can't Touch
  • Someday (Delicious #1)
  • Off Balance (Painted Bay, #1)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Again (Delicious #4)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…

At Last, The Beloved Series (3 books)
  • Be Mine (At Last, The Beloved Series, #2)
  • Be Loved (At Last, The Beloved Series, #3)