Start by marking “My Last Name (Incryptid, #3.6)” as Want to Read:
My Last Name (Incryptid, #3.6)

My Last Name

(InCryptid #3.6)

Vegas was fun, if a little more exciting than originally planned; more importantly, Dominic De Luca is officially gone, leaving Michael Delgado in his place. It's only a name, but a name can change the world in the right hands. A name can change everything.

Everything except for the heart of the one who wears it. No matter what he's called, Dominic loves Verity,
Published January 6th 2017 by Seanan McGuire

To ask other readers questions about My Last Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Last Name

carol.
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: serious InCryptid fans
Meh. Felt like a rehash of the emotional set-up ofPocket Apocalypse. In short, it is Dominic meeting Verity's parents at the family compound. Basically the same silly, over-cautious and paranoid behaviors, and similarly unable to be saved by the Aeslin mice.
Steven
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was really hoping to see Antimony's response to meeting Dominic for the first time, but Kevin and Evelyn will have to do. :)
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
We've been following Verity and Dominic's journey across the country to her hometown for a while now and I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that we never got to see her parent's reaction when she brings home an ex-covenant member and introduces him as not just her boyfriend but her husband so I was really glad when I found out that Seanan McGuire had added this extra short story to her website.

My Last Name is the perfect ending to this little series of short stories and it's another turning p/>My
Roslyn
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another charming Incryptid short story - in this case, a very small one.

One small quibble:

(view spoiler) ...more
Angela
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked getting to see Verity's parents meet Dominic when they finally arrived in Oregon. Dominic is awesome. The lengths this family goes to in order to ensure their anonymity and security sometimes amazes me. It also makes me a little sad that they have to go through all of this.
Coyora Dokusho
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was sooooooooooo great!!!!! I laughed a lot! Also, it was incredibly heart-warming!!
Erin (PT)
A Verity and Dominic Incryptid short; Verity and Dominic's roadtrip comes to an end and they finally arrive at the Price home. The Aeslin mice make an appearance, which is always catnip to me. As someone who is quite a bit older than Verity, I kind of want to shake her for the way she handled--or didn't handle--telling her parents about Dominic, and this fills in the missing bit as to how all the relationships stand in Chaos Choreography, which is definitely a piece I wanted...but the ending fee ...more
Marjolein
Jan 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

My Last Name and most of the other short stories from the InCryptid series can be found for free on the authors website.

This (too) short story bridges the gap between Waking Up in Vegas and the beginning of Chaos Choreography, where Verity and Dominic return to the Oregon compound and Verity hasn't told anyone yet of her recent marriage.

A nice short, although I would have loved it to be a bit longer, because I think this is the last of Verity we'll see for some time.
Marzie
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another cute Incryptid short, made all the more charming thanks to Aeslin mice.

Dominic Price sounds pretty good to me.
Darcy
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: uf, short-stories, 2017, e-book
Oh...the Prices, such a crazy family! Fun to see how both of Verity's parents reacted to meeting Dominic for the first time.
Ivy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Glad that Dominic was able to meet Verity's parents. It's good that they accepted him. Hope they will be able to stop the Covenant of St. George soon.

Can't wait to read more stories featuring Verity and Dominic!!!!!
Louisa
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was thoroughly engrossed by this story, I really wanted to read it, given that it's Dominic meeting the Price parents! So awesome!
gremlin
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dominic meets the in-laws. Aww.
Melani
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

3.6 - My Last Name

3 stars

Verity and Dominic finally make their way to the Price family home.

As newlyweds.

Yeah, that goes over about as well as you'd think.

BUT. Whatever the problem was that Verity was going to come back to? Never definitively addressed.

Oh, it could've been that he felt like she didn't need him as he hazily confessed while high on swamp bromeliad pollen, or it could've been that he's never had a family, while you can't swing a cat without hitting one of Verity's extended relations, but whReads
3.6
Holly Hand Grenade
"HAIL! HAIL THE GOD OF DECISIONS MADE IN NECESSITY, SON OF THE PILGRIM PRIESTESS AND THE GOD OF EMPTY ROOMS AND COLD REGRETS, FATHER OF-"

Verity finally makes it home to her family-just in time to surprise them with what she and Dominic have been up to. They're happy to see her and the mice, but are they happy she actually brought home a Covenant boy?
Miki
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i really missed Verity and Dominic but i couldn't have expected a better first meeting with her familly, it may be short yes but it was wonderfully written and very funny a pure pleasure for those following the series
Jennybeast
Boy, Verity's folks are weird. I feel like I want to know more about how they got that way.
Robin
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A nice short with Verity and a bit of her family.
Ami
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
2.5 stars because it just was a little anticlimactic and too brief.
Ruthie
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nice and satisfactory end to their road trip :)
Jacqueline
Extra 1/2 star
Lissa
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Also lots of fun.
Sally
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, cute and very well written, just as I expect.
Maggie Gordon
Verity and Dominic's road trip comes to an end at the Price family compound, and somehow there is no blood! A nice little filler story that bridges a gap in the narrative left between the most recent book and previous short story. And possibly the last we'll see of Verity and Dominic for a while! Woe! Well, bring on Antigony :D
Cmoore
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Verity and Dominic's journey comes to an end as they pull up in front of Verity parents house... Now they just have to convince her parents not to kill Dominic... And the Aeslin Mice are ready to do their part in the said convincing! Welcome home!
Preeti
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun short. Love the mice.
Neeuqdrazil
Follow-on to Waking up in Vegas. More Very and Dom.
Lauredhel
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet. And anything with Aeslin mice always gets a minimum four stars.
Jessica
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good ending! Look forward to the next novel in the series.

• Lightspeed Magazine, March 2016
  • Pittsburgh Backyard and Garden (Elfhome, #1.5)
  • That Game We Played During the War
  • Glitter & Mayhem
  • Hex in the City (Fiction River, #5)
  • Children of Thorns, Children of Water (Dominion of the Fallen, #1.5)
  • All the Pretty Little Horses  (Newsflesh, #0.75)
  • Small Wars (Sin du Jour)
  • A Fantasy Medley 2
  • Games Creatures Play
  • Unfettered II: New Tales By Masters of Fantasy (Unfettered, #2)
  • The Art of Deception
  • Landscape of the Imagination
  • Updating Pritkin (Cassandra Palmer, #5.3)
  • Compulsory (The Murderbot Diaries, #0.5)
  • Paper Stars (Ordinary Magic, #3.6)
  • Dream Eater
  • Apex Magazine Issue 99
Hi! I'm Seanan McGuire, author of the Toby Daye series (Rosemary and Rue, A Local Habitation, An Artificial Night, Late Eclipses), as well as a lot of other things. I'm also Mira Grant (www.miragrant.com), author of Feed and Deadline.

Born and raised in Northern California, I fear weather and am remarkably laid-back about rattlesnakes. I watch too many horror movies, read too many comic books, and share my hou(Rosemary

InCryptid (9 books)
  • Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1)
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2)
  • Half-Off Ragnarok (InCryptid, #3)
  • Pocket Apocalypse (InCryptid, #4)
  • Chaos Choreography (InCryptid, #5)
  • Magic for Nothing (InCryptid, #6)
  • Tricks for Free (InCryptid, #7)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid, #9)