Start by marking “Battles without Honor or Humanity” as Want to Read:
Battles without Honor or Humanity

Battles without Honor or Humanity

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  1 review
This special edition of D. Harlan Wilson's outré-fiction collections brings together all of the stories from volumes one and two and includes an additional, Pushcart Prize-nominated novelette, "Sacrosanctum."
Kindle Edition
Published 2017 by Raw Dog Screaming Press

To ask other readers questions about Battles without Honor or Humanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battles without Honor or Humanity

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  1 review

Start your review of Battles without Honor or Humanity
John
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this...but it largely fell flat for me.

Imagine a really erudite but bro-ish writer obsessed with martial arts wrote as it Burroughs and Ballard succumbed to the social media/twitter age. There's a lot of cleverness here, but there's a lot of cleverness everywhere nowadays. It's surreal, meta, dreamlike and gonzo.

It lies somewhere between short stories, flash fiction, and poetry. It's got a nice vocabulary and some interesting ideas.

Ultimately, this feels like a good
John
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this...but it largely fell flat for me.

Ultimately, this feels like a good
D. Harlan
Jan 06, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Gregor Xane
May 02, 2018
Jeremy Maddux
May 02, 2018
I'm a novelist, short story writer, literary critic, editor, playwright, publisher, and English professor. I serve as reviews editor for Extrapolation, a journal of SF criticism, and managing editor of Guide Dog Books, the nonfiction syndicate of Raw Dog Screaming Press. I'm also the editor-in-chief of Anti-Oedipus Press.

Here are some of my published books: Natural Complexions (2018), J.G.