Start by marking “Last Witness (Wrong Number #2)” as Want to Read:
Last Witness (Wrong Number #2)

Last Witness

(Wrong Number #2)

The page-turning sequel to the best-selling psychological thriller Wrong Number. With her husband gone, and his legacy in her hands, Amanda Thorne is hell-bent on revenge.

Amanda Thorne is on a mission to avenge those who took her husband away from her. Restoring his honour and protecting his legacy will be dangerous, but she will not rest until all those who ha
Published May 1st 2017 by Aria, Head of Zeus

To ask other readers questions about Last Witness, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

sue
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm on the book tour for this one and I'm thrilled.
I read book 1 which was really good, so was happy to pick up book 2 and dive into it right away.

The first book was fast paced and kept my attention and juices going, I had high hopes for this one too.
I can honestly say that I throughly enjoyed getting into this one too.

It was great to catch up with the next revelation in this plot. The characters were the same and because of what I'd previously read it was eas
Sarah Joint
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
First, I must say that I think you should read book number one before this one if you haven't. Book number two picks up right after the last one left off. It also completely spoils the first, so you won't get much enjoyment out of Wrong Number if you read it after this one.

I felt like we were headed toward the ending conclusion in the middle of this one and was surprised to see I was only halfway done. It definitely packs a lot of action into just 300 pages! The romance aspect seemed very rushed and kept i
Yvonne (Fiction Books)
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved It!!
Full review to follow soon :)
Amanda
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book in hopes of having questions from Wrong Number answered. That did not happen! Sure, so questions were answered, but not all.

I once again found the writing to be repetitive and flat. I am fully aware that it's a fiction book, but some of the scenarios were really reaching and unrealistic.

I'm always nervous to cite specific examples in my reviews. I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but Ewan...his role in the story did not make much sense to me.

I'll read more by this au
Diane Merritt
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a great easy read.. I was so on her side wanted what happened to happen sooner. Loved how it went between stories of past and present.

Thank you for allowing me a early release read Netgalley
Sam (Clues and Reviews)
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thrilled to be welcoming you to my stop on the Last Witness blog tour. As a self-proclaimed ‘Aria Addict’, I am looking forward to sharing my review with everyone!

Last Witness, the second book in the Wrong Number series by Carys Jones, was one of my most anticipated reads this spring. I had read Wrong Number last year and was completely sucked into its fast-paced plot and easily digestible narrative. Carys Jones does not disappoint in her follow up!

The second book opens where the first left of
mrs j a hewitt
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Good plot . .. But

I enjoyed the first section of this book , up until the time one of the main characters is "injured", then I thought it lost its way a bit until much nearer the end with a long section where I felt not Mich was happening . I also thought that what Amanda planned and wanted to do was a bit unrealistic and I don't think her partner would have fine along with it considering his job. Having said that I would consider reading another book by this author as she has some good id
Claire
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review: Last Witness by Carys Jones Published by: Aria (May 1 2017)

ISBN: 9781786612498

Source: NetGalley

Rating: 3*

Synopsis:
Amanda Thorne is on a mission to avenge her husband. Restoring his honour and protecting his legacy will be dangerous, but she will not rest until all those who have hurt her loved-ones have been dealt with.
Her only option is to go undercover in the murky world of the gang kingpin McAllister. So, with her
Fay Keenan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Last Witness...First Class!

Last Witness is the gripping sequel to Carys Jones' 'Wrong Number'. It continues the story of Amanda Thorn, who is out for revenge against the crime lord who killed her husband Will. With her childhood friend Shane as backup, Amanda intends to make sure that Gregg McAlllister can never harm Ewan, Will's son by his first marriage, ever again.

There is so much to love about this book! I loved catching up with Amanda, and her transformation from gri
John Woodhouse
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
They say write about what you know i'd implore Mrs Jones to follow this advice.

It was if this book was written by two people. Some fantastic phrasing and similes which neatly pushed the story along in parts then in others the shallowness of the characters were truly matched by the shallow plot lines. Timelines were inconsistent at best and some chapters were so devoid of action and intrigue it felt almost as empty as the city centre glasgow hotel seemed to be as never a sole was seen. A great
Breakaway Reviewers
Jun 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Is revenge always sweet?

Amanda Thorn is on a mission. Her husband Will – who wasn’t really Will - see later - has been killed by the dark underworld laird Gregg McAllister and she knows that it is only a matter of time before he comes gunning for her and Will’s son by his first marriage, Ewan.

What else can she do but go after McAllister in order to protect Ewan?

This is the premise of the story, but for me, it didn’t quite sit right. The plot was set out well and moved ap
Emma Mitchell
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
My my my, Mrs Jones ...
What a great sequel to Wrong Number.
Following the death of her husband, Amanda Thorne, a nice, normal IT bod, is out for revenge. She knows who was responsible for her beloved's death and she isn't going to rest until she has avenged his death.
Last Witness is as fast paced and gritty as you would expect following Wrong Number. The storyline is slick and intelligent, if not a little far-fetched in places. This doesn't detract from the story line at all tho
Linda Tilling
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Only a 2* for this book by Carys Jones, that i received a download copy of via Netgalley. This is the first of hers i have read so did not know what to expect., but maybe it would have helped if i had read the first one first. "With her husband gone, and his legacy in her hands, Amanda Thorne is hell-bent on revenge." The book was fast paced but i found it very confusing and hard to get into., and it did seem to drag on a bit. However, the final quarter of the book made up for it.
Karen
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Amanda Thorne is a woman on a mission. After the death of her husband, she is determined to find the man responsible and will not rest until he has been dealt with. Heading back to Scotland, she knows the only way to achieve her aim is to go deep undercover into the world of gang kingpin McAllister. This means immersing herself into the seedy world of drugs, women and nightclubs and exposing herself to extreme danger. Will she be able to protect herself from the secrets of the past and ensure th ...more
Gina
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC for my Kindle.
I didn't read the first book, so I really didn't understand Will and his background. If I had, I might have liked this book better.
Without giving away the ending, I thought it might have been a little rushed. Maybe, there be a sequel?
There was some suspense and a few surprises, but the book was just o.k. for me.
Pauleen
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks
This book was really a 2.5* for me. I found the descriptive passages both excessive and repetitive and the plot just too over the top. I found the Glaswegian criminal entirely credible but the protagonist just too naive for her own good including her retrospective belief in her husband. As to the role of Shane...just didn't wash with me. Sorry, this is one crime novel I couldn't engage with.
Kristin.
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another adventure

I read this book fairly quickly and found it predictable. I am also distracted from a novel when grammatical errors pull my attention from the story line. I found the characters and their stories too easy to guess. Carys Jones tell a pretty good tale, but her leading people are not quite genuine enough to be realistic.
Jennie
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Home School Mum 3
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow,

I loved this book from beginning to end, it was very well written and was so good I was reading every spare chance I had.
J Heyes
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Gripping

Fast pace well written psychological story which hooks you right in. The ending was a little flat for me and needed more emotional connection .
Debra Wheater
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good

Suspenseful and riveting. Kept my attention all of the way through. Glad I stumbled on this sequel! Recommend to all.
Rach
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
utterly riveting, can't wait to read more by Carys Jones
Marceita Wallberg
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!!!

I was so happy to see that this was the sequel to the first book. It cleared up most of my questions. I wish there was another book in the series.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 2 STARS
(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY)
(Review Not on Blog)

Please note you must read book one (Wrong Number) for this book to make sense.

Amanda Thorne is living a great life until she receives a wrong number. After that phone call her husband disappears, but no one really believes he has been taken. Amanda must find her husband on her own. In this book we continue with the mystery of Amanda's husband. I won't say the plot as it is a spoiler for b
Gemma
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Though I didn't realise that this was the second book in a series. However, there was enough backstory and information to fill in the backstory. It was an interesting enough mystery/thriller and it didn't play out how i thought it would.

Full review to come soon on my www.bookmoodreviews.com
Stina
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is the sequel to the previous one called "Wrong Number" which needs to be read first in order for this one to make any sense.

A good read although predictable as we knew where it was all heading anyway. Not edge of your seat like some I have read but a nice end to the story which began in "Wrong Number".
Lisa Doherty (Rambling Lisa's Book Reviews)
Guys! GUYS!! Buy this!
Last Witness is the second book, the first being Wrong Number and I am buying it A.S.A.P.

Last Witness has everything. Murder, loss, deceit, self-discovery and oh yes..love! It is a book that if you put yourself in the position of Amanda you wonder just how far you would go if someone murdered your husband.
Patricia
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley and Aria for this digital ARC for an honest review.

Part two of the Wrong Number series begins with a confused Amanda trying to fathom how she should feel about her husband Wills death. After all he wasn't Will - he was Jake. And Jake was not the loving husband she knew. He belonged to an altogether darker world. And he left her, and lied to her....and he loved her. So Amanda isn't sure how she should be mourning. And so she decides mourning is for suckers and goes
Dash fan
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4 stars Gripping Thriller- But must read book 1 (wrong number) first.

My reasoning for 4 stars was due to the fact I didn't have the opportunity to read the first book.

Although it explained the back story I feel by not reading the first book I lacked the feel of background build up and anticipation.
I have since reading the book seen other reviews stressing the need to read the first book.

I wish i had read the reviews first.
As I think this has the potent
Janine
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, almost cried there. That's a hard feet to achieve with me, so very well done.
"Last Witness" can be devided into two parts, each leading to an individual showdown. The first comtains what's already promised to happen: Amanda going undercover. I was very excited about that one from the very start, computer nerd crawling out of her secure heaven, interesting. And it sure was. Her meetings with McAllister have been an experience of their own, with him behaving far differently than formerl

• The Day She Can't Forget
  • The Silent Girls
  • My Sister's Wedding
  • Amber Green Takes Manhattan
  • The Name I Call Myself
  • Out of Practice (Breakup Doctor #4)
  • Mistletoe on 34th Street
  • Dark Star
  • East of Hounslow (Jay Qasim #1)
  • The Little Teashop of Broken Hearts
  • This Love
  • Not Another Happy Ending
  • The A–Z of Everything
  • The Little Kiosk by the Sea
Carys Jones is a thriller writer based in Shropshire where she lives with her husband, daughter and dog.

When she’s not writing she can often be found indulging two of her greatest passions; either walking round the local woodland or catching up on all things Disney related.

Her favourite authors are Virginia Andrews, Ruth Ware and Jodi Picoult.

Carys is represente

Wrong Number (2 books)
  • Wrong Number (Wrong Number #1)
“* Ewan tired himself out with his plethora of new toys. It” 0 likes