Start by marking “Key to My Soul” as Want to Read:
Key to My Soul

Key to My Soul

"When Siddharth, a lonely young man with a failed marriage gets a sudden phone-call from a mysterious person about his lost childhood lover, Hazel, and learns that she is battling for life, he is shaken to the core. He also learns that she had left certain letters for him fifteen years back that never reached him. It disturbs him so much that he rushes to the hospital in h
Published December 21st 2016 by Maple Press

To ask other readers questions about Key to My Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Key to My Soul

Ruchi Patel
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned

“My love will shine like the moon when the light in the lanterns fade away.”

Blurb- The story is about our protagonist Sidd, Siddharth and her school friend Hazel. Hazel was a new student in the school and Sid became his best friend. Their friendship grew in the school life and suddenly one day Hazel disappeared. They carried on with their lives and after so many years, one day Sid got a mysterious phone call that Hazel met with an accident and battling for life. Read future to unfold the plot.

My
Pooja
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 100-pages, arc, giveaways, owns
When you receive a call from an unknown number that the person you loved in your childhood is in hospital and fighting to live, the shock would be difficult to describe.

Siddharth is going through such dilemma. He contemplates whether he should revisit his past or leave things as they were. Going back to his memory lane, the readers get to know a romantic story that didn't have a happy ending. Will Siddharth be willing to change the past or keep the status quo?

I didn't expect this one to be so go
Ayushi Nair
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Starting from the cover of the book is a likeness of couples hand in hand, an open book, painting brush n plate on either side of the couples with a blue background. The cover is simple but can be much better. The title of the book "Key to My Soul" is interesting and gives the hint that it’s going to be romantic tale. The title is apt according to the plot.

The book is the bag of emotions, friendship, innocent love, parenthood, pain, hatred, betrayal, abuse, crimes, injuries, accidents, a broken
Samidha Kalia
*Note: A review copy was provided in exchange of an honest review. I would like to thank the publisher for the copy.*
🌟🌟🌟

The title Key to my Soul makes it sound like a sappy romance which will probably end with Hazel being the Key to Siddharth’s soul. However that is not the case at all. This book follows the lives of two people – Hazel and Siddharth. When Siddharth gets a phone call from his friend that Hazel(a mysterious person in the beginning) is in coma he starts going back down memory lane

Rajan
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Book cover tells that Probal Majumdar is “The national first prize poetry winner” of Year 2014. Key to my Soul is essentially a love story. Sample this poem from the book:

“Something has grown wings at last
And was flapping within my rib cage.
I tried to hold on to it fast
But it found its way to this page”.

Sidharth and Hazel study in school together. They are opposites and opposites attract. Sidharth a loner and introvert. Hazel is star of the school. As happens in love stories they come close. The
Ecstatic Reader
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love can make you happier than you've ever been, sadder than you've ever been, angrier than you've ever been. It can elate you and deflate you almost at the same time. It is the best thing that can happen to you ever. It is the feeling that can’t be expressed in words. Yet ‘Probal Mazumdar’ tried his best to pen down this beautiful feeling in his book ‘Key to my soul’ and I can definitely say that he succeeded to express this beautiful thing called love in his book.

‘Key to my soul’ is a perfect
Inderpreet Uppal
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Key to My Soul is an out and out love story. The journey of a man, who learns of his long lost sweetheart has met with an accident and is critical in the same town they had initially met as school sweethearts. His quest to find that feeling of love once again.

The book is an ode to his one true love, the sweet, beautiful, generous Hazel. He receives a mysterious phone call and is informed of the love letters Hazel had written to him as well as the reasons for their breakup. The story is fast, alm
Lavanya Rajanala
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Key to My Soul by Probal Mazumdar is story of a couple, Sidharth and Hazel. Sidharth, a lonely young man with failed marriage gets a sudden call from someone, through whom he learns about his childhood lover, Hazel and her critical condition. He also gets to know about the letters she wrote for him 15 years back. It disturbs him to core and he wants to go and meet her. Will he able to meet her? What's there in those undelivered letters? Why she didn't gave those letters to him? What plans destin ...more
Anugya Sinha
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Than A Vanilla Love Story

The title of the book and the cover design gives an impression of a romantic journey in the pages; however, the beginning of the story speaks of a physical assault to the protagonist giving you a hint that this book is more than just a vanilla love story. For me, the author has managed to hook me to the story right at the start.

As the blurb says, the protagonist Siddharth (Sid) goes back to find her childhood sweetheart in a state of coma. The story revolves around
Surbhi Sareen
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Characterisation: The author seems to have mastered the skill of constructing complicated characters. I feel every character I came across had their own story, struggles and battles to handle. Hazel and Siddarth are the protagonists. With passage of time or say with every new page, I could find new colours in their characters. Their strong love is challenged and the way after so many struggles they handle their life.

Read full review at: https://captivatingmode.wordpress.com...
Mohit Goyal
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cover: 4/5
Title: 5/5
Blurb: 4.5/5
Presentation: 4/5
Plot: 4/5

Final Rating: 4/5

The cover is simple yet catchy and elegant, with a guy holding the hand of his love.

The title is very enticing and beautiful, such a connect of love with soul.

The blurb is the usb of this novel. I mean it's written so well. The blurb created such an interest about the plot of the story.

The story is based on the love as well as the suffering experienced by both the main characters Siddharth and Hazel. The emotional connect
Privy Trifles
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a heartwarming tale of love that at the end you cannot help but feel mushy. Written with such details that the author teleports you the past and takes you along as the lead characters grow together and fall in love this is one amazing read.

Read full review here: http://www.privytrifles.co.in/2017/03...
Sohinee Reads & Reviews (Bookarlo)
Review by Sohinee Dey

The language was really easy-peasy and I don't think anyone would have any problem understanding it. The narration was really good and subtle but the only drawback was that I could spot some grammar and punctuation errors. Also, there were some mistakes in the tense.

Another thing which I would like to say is that since the story is narrated from Siddharth's point of view and the author only left some bits and pieces of Hazel's life, after a time it kind of started feeling m
Sarmistha
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Ratings:3.7/5

Some stories give you the chance to relive the carefree youth days when you had the first crush, did something to make someone feel special,wrote the first love letter and many such small things which touches one's heart.This story is one of those beautiful tales.

Key to my soul is a beautiful blend of friendship,love,betrayal,jealousy,crime and heartbreak.
The story starts with Siddharth receiving Hazel's accident news. It leaves him baffled, as the time progresses he uncovers many
Nilima
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read full review : Book Review: Key to my Soul by Probal Mazumdar
Key to my Soul by Probal Mazumdar. Its not just a simple love story, but a medley of love, revenge, friendship, parenthood, separation, betrayal, purpose-less life, heartbreak, .... A superb feat for a debut Author. Good job Probal Mazumdar !

What I liked:
The smooth, steady pace of the story. Good, simple language
The descriptions of each scene, person, situation. May it be the rustling of leaves, to the Hazel's eyes, the paintings m
Aakanksha Mishra
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
What would you do if you had a chance to meet your long-lost love and when you do you find her battling with death to survive? This is exactly what happens with Siddharth, the protagonist of the story who receives a mysterious call which informs her that his love Hazel with whom he lost touch almost seventeen years ago is breathing her last few breaths and he must see her. He is also informed of a series of hand-written letters which Hazel left for him which were never delivered to him. If they ...more
Shweta Kesari
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story is laid before the readers with such simplicity that readers without any doubt could fall for his words if he/she is ready to get involved in teenage kinds of stuff. The point on which story kicked off gained my interest. There our writer, Probal hanged crisps of suspense, and to reach to those crisps, I started this journey. To be very honest, I was not pleased with the teenage stuff. Every story in that time of life, have same aroma and same dignity. I was more interested to know how ...more
Neena
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Key to my soul is the story of a high school romance that ended in a rather messy fashion and how the lovers meet each other after a few decades. Siddharth was working in a company in Bhubhaneshwar when he gets a phone call, that his high school girlfriend was critical. How he returns to Jamshedpur and meets her forms the rest of the story. The story is narrated in flashback mode. It is also the story of how the IT sector affected indian society and engineers also, as the marriage of the main ma ...more
Rajarshi Roy
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
A simple yet complicated love story of Sid and Hazel, spanned over two decades with its various turns and twists. Time and era of the storyline is nicely depicted here through the use of various contemporary events which made me reminisce the eighties and nineties when I grew up. This book nicely portrays love, friendship, betrayal and family values. Overall I must say a great job done by the author.
Hurdur
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A march through your heart without stepping on it. Well done for a first time novelist. Can't wait for the next ones to arrive.Probal Mazumdar
Amar Naik
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After i read this book i felt that this book has put forth "a great story that has been detailed to the clearest possible extent and emotions can be felt"

the plot of the book though looks like a simple love story has lot of twists/turns and keeps glued till the end. The author has put forward some nice reminders of a different era along with world highlights during that time as he walks the reader through the different twists.

impressed by authors ability to twist the words. kept my glued till th
Shiny Ajit
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
different story
Tripti
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Key to My Soul" is a romantic story. The novel as a whole is a combination of flashbacks. The protagonist, Siddharth receives an anonymous call that his first love Hazel has met with an accident. The caller talks about some letters. Siddharth then goes into flashback, precisely 17 years since their separation. The story is based on love as well as the suffering experienced by both the main characters Siddharth and Hazel. The author writes poetry. He uses elements of poetry to write evocative pr ...more
Saurabh
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book interestingly weaves lives of "Sid" and "Hazel" who start their lives as innocent and immature friends and how they discover their true self while facing strife in life. An interesting plot from the beginning, very well connected narrative throughout the book.. However, sometimes I found that characters have been described very perfect in their appearances.. We are all human and showcasing some flaws would make it more realistic.
Overall, I enjoyed the book very much !
Sangh
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A romantic story steeped in nostalgia for me.One can so relate to the characters,the setting of the story,growing up in a small town.Though the story drags in some parts,overall an interesting read.The unsaid emotions between the father and son touches your heart.
Aparna
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Honest Review:

Key To My Soul is a typical coming of age love story of Sidd Banerjee and Hazel Castelinos.
It’s a romantic story which starts in present, takes you back to the protagonists past, where they got acquainted, fall in love but fate separates them. Their journey after that, under what circumstances they meet again, will they get together or will fate deliver another blow, is what the story is all about.
What caught my eye was the title of the story and its relevant use in bringing
Deepali Gupta
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a beautiful book very touching story and obviously a sweet bunch of emotions is left in the end to stir within your heart
Going from the title to the cover both are exceptionally well matching and obviously put well together.

This book has two protagonist sid and hazel-
The story plot line is romantic and also reminds you of the childhood at so many points of the book.
Imagery formed is natural and comes flowing.
The author has does a tremendous job.
Hats off.

Overall-5.
Geeta Nair
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
STORY-LINE/ PLOT: Like sweet-salty ‘nimbu pani,’ there is a touch of romance and a touch of suspense but the end result is something cool and refreshing and heart-warming.

There is subtle romance as well as some fist-fight. There is treachery as well as love and care.The book takes us on a journey of amateur love that is caught up in a storm that takes years to settle down. The storm plays havoc in the lives of the protagonists only to see them especially Hazel, emerge strong. The author has been
Dipali Dash
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read a romantic novel after a very long time. The story is a simple one-boy and girl in love-get separated due to circumstances - reunite in the end.

What I like best in this book is the family relations portrayed in the story like that between the protagonist Siddharth and his father/grand mother. The other endearing thing about the book is the way the author has depicted the passage of time by connecting it to news events like Seoul Olympics and the collapse of the Soviet Union, etc. It remi
Debalina Chatterjee
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was a very good read overall. The language used, without complicating it unnecesarily, is very easy to understand. The description of various situation and things made it feel real. I liked how the mention of the historic events taking place then, take you back to those times and draws u completely into the scene.
The starting 1/4th of the book felt like a little drag intially. But most of the 'descriptive events' find meaning towards the end of the book.

There was no looking back after the cha
« previous 1 3 4 next »