Start by marking “Bereft” as Want to Read:
Bereft

Bereft

She was a woman with vengeance on her mind. He was a demon with nothing left to lose.

Sacrificed by an anonymous cult, Sara Gaspard is rescued by the Sin of Pride before she can be murdered in cold blood. In exchange for her soul, the Sin prolongs Sara's imminent end and promises to hunt down her would-be murderers, but the resolution isn't as simple as either of them had h
Published May 2016 by Wattpad

To ask other readers questions about Bereft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bereft

Start your review of Bereft
J
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Fam If you haven't come across this piece of art I urge you to leave all work and other stuff and start reading this!
Bereft is a flawless world created by the author! I devoured the book in one night! (I am a slow reader) The book kept me on my toes the whole time I was into it.
A perfect blend of action, sarcasm, adventure,romance (may be) and courage.
The story will leave you for craving more.
The Story revolves around Sara whom I've come to love. She teaches us that being human is not our
Arielle Dane
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For the first time in 4 years that I've come to be a part of Wattpad, I finally found something that is truly compelling. And right now, I'm struggling really hard to find some book that can compete with the series. Bereft just had the characteristic that can make you stop reading for a while because you can't just take tension that happens inside the book. It's like watching a drama show and you're currently in a very intense scene and you can't bear to watch the next thing that's going to unfo ...more
Cass
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Houston Rey
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
In my three years on Wattpad, I've read a lot of stories. Some have stood out above the rest but none have come close to the brilliance of Bereft. Ren's writing is captivating- beginning to end. The story line is unique and refreshing among countless in the fantasy/paranormal categories. Sara Gaspard isn't some cliché damsel-in-distress. She's quite honestly a badass, with or without the Original Sin of Pride by her side.

Every twist in turn within the story had me eager for whatever came next.
Mya
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ren's powerful descriptions and witty dialogue made me fall in love with all the characters so quickly!
The story has a lot more characters than 'usual', but each one is introduced so seamlessly and given such strong personalities that they all become extremely memorable.
The storyline is written at a perfect pace, with every chapter leaving me on edge; staying up to finish the book within 2 days was very much so worth it.
I came across this series by chance on Wattpad, so now it will be hard to fi
Noor Keulen
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I had a lot of fun reading this! Really liked the characters and the worldbuilding. Will definitely read the next book in de series.
Why only three stars? I was distracted by some plot inconsistencies and most of the big twists were quite predictable (or they were for me at least).
This was actually the first draft of this book, and I believe the author said a new version will be coming soon. I'm exited to see what she did with this.
And like I said: I'll definitely read the next book in this se
Sophie Constable
I absolutely love this book! It's incredibly addicting and you constantly want to know what will happen next. The plot doesn't let up for a single moment and at points you are on the edge of your seat. The main character is also fully realised as is the world and it is explained perfectly. There are constant twists and turns that leave you guessing until the very end. Everyone should read this!
Cher
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is unlike anything I have previously read for this genre. The story is both fascinating and original. There are many twists, turns, plots, subplots, etc...
The amount of detail is abundant, almost too much so. Also there is a saturation of word choices I felt distracting and also unnecessary. Having said that, I do recommend this story.
Sara
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Never have I ever been more in love with a book than this series. Everything, absolutely EVERYTHING about it is MAGNIFICENT! The characters, the plot, the writing, the creativity, the depth of knowledge and research and planning and effort that has so obviously been put into it. It's everything I've ever wanted a book to be. This is my absolute favourite. it's literally perfect.
Javeria Syed
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hit-list
Highly recommended for the people who love the exceptional fantasy works. This book binds you with it, leaving you restless till the end.
Zaib Syed
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb piece of writing. Hooks you till the end. A definite recommendation.
Arien Jade
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bereft is a unique and beautiful work of art! The characters are gripping and very intriguing.

I want the hard cover for my shelf!
ereehu
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars (So torn between 4 and 5!)

Review to come ~

(Still can't figure out how this book hasn't been picked up for publishing yet *sigh*)
Nurhayati
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: demon, supranatural
Jade
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rens writing is something that can never be topped.
Tina
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I feel like some of the descriptions are TOO detailed but the story and characters are phenomenal
Bipasha Banerjee
Apr 29, 2019
Taylor
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book, from the writing style to the plot to the way the book weaves in with the other Bereft books, it's just an amazing read and you can tell how much time and effort Tachibana put into it. I completely recommend this to anyone interested in fantasy, demons, or good old fashioned revenge.
Laurinda
Hope Peters
Feb 07, 2019
Aimee
May 29, 2019 added it
One of my favorite fantasy novels of all time!
Joana Rosa
Feb 25, 2020
Alana Todhunter
Jul 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Storm and Silence (Storm and Silence, #1)
  • Paladin (Paladin, #1)
  • Silence is Golden (Storm and Silence, #3)
  • In the Eye of the Storm (Storm and Silence, #2)
  • The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield
  • Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
  • Uriel (Paladin, #2)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • Hunting for Silence (Storm and Silence, #5)
  • Dread Pirate Fleur and the Ruby Heart
  • Escape From Wolfhaven Castle (The Impossible Quest #1)
  • Daughter of Venice
  • Wolves of the Witchwood (The Impossible Quest #2)
  • Jinx (Jinx #1)
  • Jinx's Magic (Jinx #2)
  • Dread Pirate Fleur and the Hangman's Noose
  • The Wire (Agent 21, #3.5)