Start by marking “Dare You To (Wild Side, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dare You To (Wild Side, #0.5)

Dare You To

(Wild Side 0.5)

Previously released in the anthology, IT WAS ALWAYS YOU.
A Wild Side Series prequel novella.

Austin Thompson spends most of his spare time reading or logging in extra hours at the LGBTQ youth center where he works. His only standing “night out,” if you can call it that, is his weekly movie night with his best friend, Dare Nichols. Between work and Dare, it’s hard to find t
Published January 4th 2017 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Dare You To, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dare You To

Exina
Dare You To is a sweet friends-to-lovers / opposites-attract love story.

Austin and Dare are best friends for six years now, though they are very different. Austin is steady and predictable, Dare is intense and spontaneous. Austin works as a youth counselor at an LGBT center, and looking for a relationship. Dare is the owner of a bar, and does only hook-ups.

Still, they accept, respect and admire the other just the way they are, and they always enjoy each other’s company.
“I’m boring.”
Dare went
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Originally reviewed as part of:

It Was Always You by Cardeno C.

I loved this story!

~4.25~

Friends/neighbors-to-lovers; HEA; steam: moderate-high

Dare doesn’t do commitments. He owns a bar, picks up guys for some sucking and licking, and surfs most mornings. His best friend is his neighbor Austin, a quiet, reliable guy who is completely dedicated to the LGBQT youth center where he works. When Dare finds out Austin is going to meet up with a guy to exchange blow jobs, he loses his mind and offers to do the blowing himself.

This
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Loved this one! That's how a novella is done!

Can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Karla
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

Austin and Dare were great guys who have been friends for years. On a drunken night they share a kiss that changes everything between them. I liked that before moving on to lovers they had that friendship, you felt how much they care and respected each other. They were so different, Dare, loves bungi jumping, surfing, anything with that gave him that adrenaline rush. Austin, so quite, loves reading and working as a counselor at the LGBT youth center. So opposite but so perfect for eac
~Mindy Lynn~
3.5*

I'm not a huge fan of short stories and I usually pass them up. But if they're written by authors I know I love or know I enjoy reading books by then I will give them a go. So that's what I did with this one and I am happy I did. It was a short sweet story of friends to lovers.

Now on to the next book in this series.

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

Friends to lovers is my catnip! This was the perfect sweet and sexy morsel to satisfy my craving. Add in the fact that it also had an opposites attract angle...and boom....happy reader!

If you're a fan of Riley Hart, this is a sweet novella not to be missed.
Dia
5 stars

I loved this one. It's pretty short but I loved it so much from the start. I've already read the next two books in the series and adored them and this short prequel didn't disappoint.

I love friends to lovers stories and this one was extremely sweet. We didn't get unnecessary angst and the hot scenes were over the top. Well, it's Riley Hart.
Fabi
A lot of feeling

This short story has a lot of feeling for so few words. I can honestly say I loved the first 90% of it. Then, as all short stories do, it wrapped up too quickly for my tastes.

But if you enjoy novellas, you shouldn't miss out on this one. It's a great one.
Elsa Bravante
Short parte de la Antología It Was Always You. A Riley Hart siempre la miro con ojos de sospecha, hay cosas suyas que me han gustado bastante y otras que me han parecido ridículas. En este caso, el relato corto me ha gustado, un Friends to Lovers entretenido y dulce.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Part of the anthology It Was Always You, this was quite the nice little short featuring best friends Dare and Austin. The blurb says it all. What typically happens when one is faced seemingly with jealousy that comes out of nowhere?? You kiss your best friend preventing them from hooking up, that’s what.

Dare and Austin obviously have repressed their feelings for years, putting their friendship first. Thankfully they have a strong foundation to weather doubts and insecurities, each in d
~Kristin~
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
~Dare You by Riley Hart~
**4.5 Stars**
I had to jump ahead and read this first, and it was fantastic! I loved the friends to lovers story, it had a lot of emotion and steam. I think Austin's passion for his job working at the outreach center and how that affected Dare was my favorite part of this story. They each challenged the other and found life was so much more rewarding when they stepped out of the boxes they had put around themselves in life. The epilogue was a wonderful treat, especially wi
Duck
Who doesn't love a good best friends to lovers story?

This one packs a lot of punch for being under 70 pages.

Sometimes I think Riley Hart can do no wrong. I can't wait to see what's up next in this new series!
BR11
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars
Short and sweet novella by Riley Hart. It's free with Kinle Unlimited.
If you like the friends-to-lovers trope, this is a good one.
Ivan Shy
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short, m-m
It's cute, not-angsty, and very sweet. All around enjoyable. Liked it!
Pavellit
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short
It's part of It Was Always You by Cardeno C., which I already read it.
They have been neighbors and good friends for six years. Austin is a youth counselor at an LGBT center. Dare owns a bar. They are too different. Dare is spontaneous, likes to have fun,loves extreme sports, and hides his real name. He always been able to 'trust nature more than he could trust people'. Except for Austin. Austin is dating with Brian. A perfect match. On the paper! Austin needs something different. Wants to be something different. One possibil
Viv
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was a sweet friends to lovers story, but I'm really not a fan of anthologies as the books are way too short. The writing was fantastic, but I would have liked to have gotten to know Austin and Dare more. That being said, I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to read more Wild Side stories!
Claudia
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
nice short story in this series
Eugenia
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, mm
So sweet and sexy! 4.5 Stars.

Best friends to lovers. Perfectly delicious short full of fluff, heat, and love. I just loved cuddling up with this story of Dare and Austin!
Asia
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
nie będzie niespodzianki:P 5 gwiazdek! noweleczki sa krótkie treściwe i na temat. i takie maja właśnie maja być:) historia o ewolucji wieloletniej przyjaźni w coś pięknego i trwałego;) ile pięknych rzeczy zaczyna się od wspólnie wypitej buteleczki!:D
Daphne
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2017-books
There was a lot packed into this short - I love finding little surprises like this one. It was sweet, hot, developed and warm fuzzy inducing all in one.

... And I just realized that this was a prequel for a new series starting next month. Score!
Caipi
Great friends to lovers/opposites attract short story.

With these few pages the author managed that I cared for the MCs.
Dare is a bar owner and adrenaline junkie, always looking for the next challenge.
Austin works at the LGBTQ youth center, is a bookworm, always predictable and maybe even boring?
But not for Dare, for Dare, Austin means steady....
...,but he'd still always seen Austin as being stronger than him. He was steady, and steady took a confidence not everyone possessed. He was secure in
Joana
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, short-stories
It was good.

The characters are pretty great and the story too. Potential, but didn't went further. Too much, too fast.

More explored and I'd had enjoyed it more.

Also there's something about the writing that bothers me. Too much positivism? Too much reassurance? I can't freaking explain it because I can't find the right words ( why can't I even find the right words? ).

Really, I can't explain it, maybe it's just because it was too short and all compacted in just a fews pages but there's somethi
Ami
An okay friends-to-lovers story and an okay writing. Just doesn't rock my socks off.

Seems that this authors have a LOT of fans including my GR friends but I don't find the writing style to be that stellar. It doesn't flow as smooth as some of my favorite authors *shrugs*. I still might to check the next book in this series but I'm not running fast to read it.

PS: Second book in a row that I find the boyfriend to think of the MC as boring because they're planners or someone steadfastly predictable
Emily Seelye
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, m-m
Read this as part of the It Was Always You anthology. I loved it and it was one of my favorites in the collection.

Merged review:

Read as part of the It Was Always You Anthology. One of my favorites in the collection. Neighbors turned best friends find love with each other.
*~*~Fawkes, Padfoot, and Prongs~*~*
True rating: 4.25 stars :-)!!

*****
There is no blurb, I have no idea what this is about, but what I DO know, is that Riley Hart wrote it. So, WANT!!
Shannon

I read this last year, when it was released as part of the It Was Always You anthology. I didn't realize Ms. Hart had released it on its own until today, when I was updating my tbr with Gone For You and Tied To You. I decided to grab this one and reread it, before I jump into the rest of the series.

I forgot how much I loved this story. Aaron and Dare are so sweet together, even though it took them 6 years to realize it! They made my heart ache and soar in equal measures. I just love friends-to-
Lisa
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short and very sexy.. Love a good M/M love story . :)
Bárbara
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really, really nice friends-to-lovers. I enjoyed it quite a lot.
Sylvia
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5☆
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Austin Thompson lebt für seine Arbeit als Berater in einem LGBTQ Jugendzentrum. Selbst seine Freizeit verbringt er meist dort. Doch ein Abend in der Woche - Sonntag - ist für seinen besten Freund Dare reserviert. Dann sehen sie sich Filme an, hängen gemeinsam ab und pflegen ihre Freundschaft. Genau das missfällt jedoch Austins neuem Freund und als Brian mit ihm Schluss macht, bricht eine Welt für Austin zusammen. Langweilig - er ist einfach nur langweilig. Daran muss sich etwas ändern!

Dabei ist
  • Married for a Month
  • Midnight Muffins (Castor Springs, #2)
  • Waiting for Clark
  • Something Permanent (Middle of Somewhere, #2.1)
  • Double Exposure
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Perfect Catch
  • Lucky In Loveland (Welcome to Loveland, #1)
  • His Needs
  • Gaudete
  • Leaning Into Love (Leaning Into, #1)
  • Open Road
  • Winter Ball (Winter Ball #1)
  • Tonight
  • The Douglas Fir
  • Unbreakable Stories: Rowe (Unbreakable Bonds, #3.5)
  • Crossing Swords
  • Grumble Monkey and the Department Store Elf
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Wild Side (3 books)
  • Gone for You (Wild Side, #1)
  • Tied to You (Wild Side, #2)
“I heard you,” Austin said after a moment. “What you were saying, I heard you. And I am sorry, but I’m also damn proud of the man you are. And I think things are changing, and we both know it. Maybe they were always supposed to change, Dare, I don’t know, but they are and I want that. I didn’t know I wanted it until recently, but the need is so fierce, it steals my breath sometimes.” 2 likes