Start by marking “The Ultimate Agent” as Want to Read:

The Ultimate Agent

(The UA Series #1)

WARNING: THIS MISSIVE CONTAINS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION

Your Mission:
Undertake an adventure of epic, global, and dire proportions.

Agent #524 - Devon Bertrand
Once a normal civilian, Agent Bertrand has been recruited by the Ultimate Agency—a secret organization of the world’s best spies. Now, after undergoing genetic upgrades, he has become a superhuman agent dedicated to figh
Paperback

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Agent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Agent

Bradley
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to read a romance that had a near perfect half-half mix of secret agents a-la Bond with the whole wide world of superheroes and supervillains with enormous world-shattering powers and blame it all on gene-therapies?

Well, LOOK NO FURTHER. :)

Honestly, I was kinda surprised that such a secret agent novel should focus so heavily on food and wooing and googly eyes and a smoldering romance, but that IS a part of the whole mythos. However, it's also a rather
Katie W
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
I had my teenage son read this and he didn't make it past the first chapter because not only was it a little confusing, but all of the casinos and gambling totally turned him off. As for me, I enjoy superheroes and adventure movies and this book definitely has plenty of the heroes and action. But almost too much at times. I found my head spinning on more than one occasion. And the points-of-view changed often and into multiple characters' heads without warning, which gave me a little mental whip ...more
Lizzie
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 TOP STARS
This was the first book I have read by Derek Borne and also the first book of this genre. All I can say is WOW! I’ve always been a fan of the comic book genre-type films but never actually read anything like it. This book I would describe as “X-Men meets Avengers”. I went through so many different emotions reading this book. I laughed, cried, screamed at my kindle.
The characters in the book were so multi-dimensional and complex that you can’t help but fall in love with them. The book
Kimberly Vanderbloom
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading a mystery novel when I got a email from Amazon that my pre order of The Ultimate Agent is ready to download. I believe I squealed because I've been wanting to read this book for months. So of course I started reading it right away and found that I couldn't put it down. I kept sneaking away to read more one page and one more chapter. I found myself devouring this in a day because it was just that good. The character development was spot on and it felt like I was in a super ...more
Stacy Stewart
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I read this book awhile back but didn’t want to post my review until I was able to read it with my son. There are rare Indie books that I can read with him. He is 12. But this was one that I know he will treasure forever.

I don’t read much YA or superhero books but I am definitely now a fan. This book was so much more than following two super agents on a mission to capture the bad guy. There was laughter, tears, love, friendship, and most of all…. a positive message. It made me rethink what a su
Louisa Dwyer
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced YA superhero story

The construct of this book reminded me some something crossed between X-Men and the Avengers but in a novel. The pace is fast and action sequences varied which I’m sure will keep YA readers’ attentions. A sweet couple of clean romances are thrown in for good measure.
Karen Eisenbrey
This book is good (clean) dumb fun. It seems to ask, What if James Bond were also Captain America? and proceeds to trot the globe with high-powered battles and sweet romance. Banter and genre tropes abound as The Ultimate Agent (genetically enhanced Devon Bertrand) and The Specialist (genius gadget inventor Brett Gallagher) battle supervillain Max Romanov and his sister Val. Conflict arises when Devon and Brett both fall for Brett's lab assistant Jade Hathaway, but nothing can stand in the way o ...more
Sandra Loves Reading
Hmmm...I found this book really hard to read.
It's well written. Is totally action packed too. Has romance. Has heroes and villains.
But I kept remembering Batman and Robin on the television when I was a child and speech marks with "Kerpow" or "Boom" etc. and I kept feeling that they should be in here too. Like reading an old fashioned superhero comic, just minus all the drawings.
So while it is very well written, it isn't for me.
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a book where every scene and piece of dialogue can easily be mentally transferred to a comic book. The characters are somewhat cliché, but that adds to its charm. It kind of reminds me the original Batman and Robin television series. Sure it's a bit cheesy, but that's half of what makes it appealing. This a great YA read, especially as an alternative to the traditional, overused superheroes.
K.D. Reid
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Ultimate Agent is a novelized comic book with all of the flair and excitement that comes with them. There is plenty of testosterone and an awesomely competitive bro-mance, making it a great read for young adult males. It's also a very clean love story with intelligent, strong, and daring female protagonists, and even though they occasionally came off a bit dramatic, it all fit very well with the genre of the book. Some of the romance gets built quickly and has the potential to feel a little ...more
E.A.
I love this book! Everything about it is freaking outstanding. I love superheros, and spys, and action. Mix that together and you got one hell of a read!

This book is not only original, fun, and wick entertaining, its top tier unique. Told in muli POV, we are immerse into a fascinating world, that is rich and detailed. The writing is easy to follow and the story progression was on point. The flow was steady and the tone match the scene changes as it went from normal to intense. The action with w
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
The Ultimate Agent - Derek Borne

4 1/2 STARS

I was given this book for an honest and unbiased review.

The Ultimate Agent by Derek Borne could be described as a cross over novel. Entering the realms of fantasy fiction and comic books but with a very suave James Bond-Esk feel to it.

Not my traditional genre, but none the less a riveting read, full of mystery. From the first chapter I was enthralled and intrigued.... wondering where the story would take me.

The Characters, though over the top in their
Jamie
The Ultimate Agent is a fun, wholesome superhero slash secret agent novel. In the world Borne has created, super-abilities can be given to someone via a scientific change to their DNA. This story revolves around a secret agent with those abilities (The Ultimate Agent), a secret agent who designs and uses his own inventions to be a superhero without having those abilities (The Specialist), and a few other scientists. And villains, of course! The constantly-switching narrative took me a few chapte ...more
Alyne Hart
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a paperback of The Ultimate Agent from Derek.
Before I start this review I will add that this is not my usual genre, so I can't review anything genre specific.
What I can say, is what a seriously FUN read. From the very first chapter I was drawn into this world, and it held my attention all the way through. It was fast-paced, riveting, action-packed and did I mention FUN?
The characters are well fleshed out and interesting. The world building is out standing. But I think my favorite
Amy Bartelloni
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good, clean, FUN, action! Devon Bertrand is a great character. You'll love his back and forth banter with the other agents, in a way that reminds me of the Hitchhiker's Guide. Don't let that fool you, though. There's plenty of tension, some romance, and a *lot* of action. The story has something for everyone, and the level of romance is completely appropriate for a YA crowd, but still enough to draw you in. The other agents (especially Brett Gallagher, "the Specialist"), and even the bad guys, w ...more
Megan Hunt
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Secret agents, love, laughter, destruction, gadgets, action, heroes and villains all combined into this awesome Ultimate Agent book.
If you haven't read this yet your in for a treat.
Brett and Devon become like brothers whilst fighting evil and witty remarks to each other, they had quite the bromance going on.
Hope that we get to see a lot more of them in the next book for another chance to save the day!
Shannon Godwin
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying this book is not like anything I have read before. It is not my type of reading but I did find it to be a pretty good read. The writing is good and it flows great. It puts you in the mind of the Marvel movies you watch or read about. There are secret agents and villians in this book. It is overall a good read.
Leanna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow I've never read anything like this and I absolutely loved it. This book was so fun to read. The banter was just perfect, the bromance was hilarious, the chemistry was amazing, and the storyline kept me intrigued and entertained the whole time. I am excited to hear that this book is part of a series.
Chrissi
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I really struggled with this book. Having not read this genre before, I was interested to see where it would go. Well for me it was confusing, so much jumping from here to there, POVs jumping- sometimes without any notice, so much action- can there be too much ?? I didn't connect with any of the characters and sadly found them lacking.

Now having said that the book is well written, so it's highly probable that this is not the book for me.
Steven Smithen
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing and fun!

I enjoyed the Ultimate Agent. I found it refreshing and fun. It's a mix of the Avengers meets James Bond. Gadgets and Superpowers! Looking forward to Devon's and Brett's next mission.
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

This is the first book of Dereks I have read. And the first book of this kind of genre too.
This story had me hooked from the first chapter.
It is full of action and twists and at one point made my heart drop!
If you want a story that will keep you on the edge of your seat then this story is for you!
Thank you for this opportunity!
LeAnn Mason
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun superhero read, with dueling forces and inventive man-made powers (some of which I totally want). The characters are fun and easy to love and not love 😉. The "omnipresent" narration may take a few to get into but then it's a fun ride with an enjoyable comic-ish feel.
Lori Hammons
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed Devon and Brett's adventures as The Ultimate Agent and The Specialist. This story is full of intrigue, suspense, the finding of love, and the superpowers were amazing.
Gemma
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an enjoyable story that was a fast paced action filled read that i could not get enough off. This isn't my normal type of read but I'm glad that I took a chance on this story.
Mysti
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I couldn’t even finish this

Three cheers for Kindle Unlimited or I would have been sorely disappointed at the loss of a mere dollar on this book! I could not finish it. I don’t know who gave all of the good reviews? Friends, family, swag recipients? It’s juvenile, bounces around at inappropriate times and too much going on- pick a few things for the characters and build on those. Skilled at hand to hand, swordsmanship, guns and ammo, mathematician, invention of a teleportation devi
Brittany Goodman
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Comic book story

If you like comic books then this is your story! Bigger than life characters battle for good or evil and danger is waiting for our heroes makes this story fun!
Angie Taylor
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Ultimate Agent is an awesome super hero adventure that rivals all the best marvel movie stories. But what I especially enjoyed about the Ultimate Agent was the light hearted, upbeat, humorous story telling. Devon, the Ultimate Agent, is funny and witty throughout as he develops his powers and encounters different missions. And though the ending had a storybook ending, the love story was sweet, wholesome, and totally enjoyable. Nicely done!
Trisha Kelly
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An exciting read

Another great book highlighting the talent of members of Indie sharing worldwide. Superheroes at their best with a gripping interaction of normality. Although not a genre I would normally buy it packed enough storyline to keep me reading to completion. The author Borne has a great knack for storytelling.
Staci
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How does one just happen to fall into this job!

If given opportunity to regain just my original strength I would jump at the chance. To be given true opportunity to be more... Help more... Truly amazing! Meanwhile, I can be a Heroine in my own way. Regardless of my faults or limitations.
Alissa
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book! I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did! Thoroughly enjoyed Devon and Brett's relationship as well as the romance, intrigue, plot twists! It moved quickly and you never went back going huh why did that happen? Very easy to follow and overall a great story! All I'll say is I wish I had a teleporter! Can't wait for number 2!