Start by marking “By Appointment Only” as Want to Read:

By Appointment Only

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  244 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Chase:

What we do...
What we do every Tuesday...
In my office,
On my desk...
Is wrong!

But I crave her,
I can't stop.
How can I save her
from certain heartbreak,
when I can't even save myself?

Danielle:

He’s a gorgeous, eccentric, older man, a millionaire who owns the special needs school my daughter attends. He also happens to be running for mayor of New York City.

Why do I keep my
Published February 16th 2017 by Dakota Press

To ask other readers questions about By Appointment Only, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Appointment Only

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
3.5 Stars!!

Lisa Eugene delivers a great, emotional story filled with a little bit of everything – suspense, mystery, action and steam. This one isn't my favorite book read by this author, but I liked it and enjoyed Lisa’s storytelling and engaging writing very much. If you are a fan of enemies to lovers stories, with lots of conflict and turmoil, then you should consider reading this compelling story.

Danielle Carmichael is a twenty-six years old single mother of an eight years old little girl na

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! By Appointment Only (stand-alone). A secret weekly appointment for sex between aspiring politician and an unemployed single mom!

“Open wider for me, Dani! Show me your pretty pussy…” Chase groaned deeply.”

By Appointment Only (stand-alone) opens up to single mother and soon-to-be unemployed waitress Danielle Carmichael, Dani having a bad day culminating in a confrontation with businessman, philanthropist and aspiring Mayor Chase Rutherford aka Rutherfucker. Their animosity soon morphs
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳This was my first read by Lisa Eugene and one word can describe how thrilling this story was… MAGNIFICENT!

➳The synopsis gives you a thrilling understanding to the sexy and smoldering story one reads in this compelling novel. However, you do not get the messages hidden behind this wonderful story and its plot. It starts off by providing the insight story of Danielle Carmichael, a 26 year old single mother of an 8 year old daughter named Emily, who has been diagnosed with autism. As a single mo
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThis cover is OK. The man on the cover is a good representation of the hero found within. Interesting typography for the title but the composition and placement of the other text feels off.description

descriptionI enjoyed this one, but I did not LOVE it. It started out really good for me but about halfway through I began to lose interest. There seemed to be just a little too much going on (Dani's ex. Chase's secret. The Thailand stuff. The Senator.) it just started to get too convoluted for me.

description

I liked Dani at the begi
Lillian ᴥ Cloud 9 Books
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
***** 4 Stars *****

Danielle is a struggling single mom trying to make enough money to pay for rent and food. She loves her daughter with all her heart, but because of her daughter's autism, Danielle has additional battles in her life.

Chase Rutherford is a wealthy and powerful businessman running for Mayor. He also owns a prestigious school for special children. When a beautiful woman captures his attention at the school, he is curious and intrigued by her fierce attitude.

The two have lots of h
maggieandteddy
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: political-hero
This story takes place in NYC. Two very different takes on life in the big city.
Danielle (Dani) is a harried waitress at a dive restaurant. She's struggling to make ends meet. As a single mother, she's not meeting her ends. She has an autistic daughter, Emmy.
Dani was very young when she had her daughter. Dani's druggy-low-life- dead beat ex-husband has ZERO involvement in his daughter's life. Steven, is one despicable character. Fortunately, he only makes sporadic appearances. Mainly to harass
Alex
Wrecked, emotionally devastated, exhausted –
it’s me after reading this book.

Strong biracial heroine. Beautiful tough warrior. Devoted mother.
I absolutely, without any doubt, completely and undeniably adored her!
“Shit happens. I deal with it.”

Requires strong nerves and E-reader with hard-cover.

Leonor
2.5-3 stars!!
(view spoiler)
Karla
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

This was my second book by Lisa Eugene of course I loved her previous book "Grayson" this one unfortunately not as much.

"By appointment only" had me with mix feelings, I loved it at first the whole concept of a forbidden romance with a politician is pretty intriguing. When Chase/Danielle first meet they don't like each other and assume the wrong opinion of each other. But as they keep meeting they start to feel an attraction that soon becomes these private appointments. I have to say
Nazanin
Feb 19, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This was my first book by Lisa Eugene and I enjoyed it. I liked hero more than heroine. She was too much stubborn and proud for my taste. But it was a good reading.

Danielle is a single mother. Her eight-years-old daughter, Emily, is autistic. But she is a wonderful and talented girl. Dani is struggling to pay bills but she is a fantastic mother and does everything for Emmy. Emmy attends to an Academy that’s for children with special needs. The owner of this Academy is Chase Rutherford.
Nicole
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
~4,5~ stars from me!!

An intense, emotional, full of twists novel!! Once again the author created a unique, yet a quite realistic story, where you can get sucked in and live the story alongside with the characters.

Besides the suspense, the mystery and the intensity.. the uncommon romance between the characters really won me, it was something fresh and different from what I'm used to reading which was evolving steadily throughout the story.

Our characters Chase and Dani have a great chemistry a
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

I read this book in one sitting.
Ever since I got my hands on Grayson by Lisa Eugene, I knew I wouldn't miss out on reading her books in the future. She is a very talented writer that never disappoints.

Full review to come...
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
3.5 Stars

photo 6CD63B6C-32BA-4A21-9FF1-5A75064C6F9C_zpspibyuo2o.gif

By Appointment Only was quite a bit different from other books I've read by Lisa Eugene. I've always been drawn to her tendency to write books with some sort of medical or psychological background. Some suspense, others angsty emotional. This book, although it has a psychological diagnosis of autism in the heroine's child, was more smutty than the other tropes I've read by her. So fans of steam over all else will gravitate more towards this book I suspect.

Our heroine, Danielle Carmich
Mandy
I really enjoyed this super steamy single-parent romance. Dani is a single mother of a sweet little girl with autism. Her life is devoted to her daughter and she works hard to give her the best life she can. She sees the best in her daughter, her extraordinary talents and abilities, not her disability. Chase is a multi-millionaire who is CEO of his company and also in politics. These two have amazing chemistry from their first meeting. Dani is my favorite kind of heroine - she's not a pushover, ...more
Romazing Reader
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm so jazzed!! "By Appointment Only" is so full of really great heart-moving moments ...
Filled with so much humor, mystery, danger, hot sex and really unexpected plot twists, it makes this a truly inspiring story of overcoming everything that stands in the way of true love!
What a fun, fresh 'Billionaire meets Cinderella-like' page turner- read!
Dani and Chase are two extremely different people in every way, on every level ... absolute opposites, and instant dislike vibes that slowly turn to lo
Lisa Eugene
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming Feb 16th!

Jos
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 stars....Ehhhhhh

OK, so I seem to be in the minority and that's ok but this was just not an enjoyable or a memorable read for me:( Sorry, my reading standards and preferences are set pretty high and for me they were just not met in this book and again, that's my own feelings based on my own reading issues.

This may not have been good for me BUT it may be a great read to others. I didn't relate to the characters together BUT yet I did separately if that makes sense and I didn't like some of the f
Nikki Sex
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Compelling contemporary story about a young woman struggling on minimum wage, with an autistic child, and a world of troubles not of her own making. I found myself identifying with Danielle and rooting for her like crazy. Humor, mystery, and realistic issues on top of steamy love scenes held my attention. Ms Eugene goes places other authors don't go.
Claire Lamb
One word BRILLIANT !!! Review to be posted on release day on Romance Readers Retreat Book Blog
TDCbookreviews
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

OMG! This book is amazing, I actually started this book last night and what can I say, this book out beats the charm out of most romance book. Danielle has some bite and she is thrown by a lot things. She just can't seem to get her head of above ground. Her daughter's school is calling about a meltdown, her hag face of a boss is breathing down her neck to get to work or be fired, so what is Danielle to do!

Oh yes, it's go to the school to pick up her daughter and tell off the owner of the presti
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Sassy Savvy Fabulous PR***

The first and second parts of this book were really different from one another. In a way, this worked. But in a way, I think I wanted a little more from each.

Dani took a little bit for me to like her. Chase, the same. And, by the time I had finally decided I liked them, and was engaging with the story, the reveal happened that took us into the second part of the book. I think I would have liked a little more time spent with them after w
Luv My Books
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Releasing 2-16-17, By Appointment Only, by Lisa Eugene.
Definitely go put this one on your 2017 TBRList!

I found this favorite author last year when I read Grayson and then immediately after that I read Keeping Secrets. I absolutely love Lisa Eugene's writing and Grayson was one of my five top reads last year! I was so excited to read an advanced copy of this upcoming release!

I could hardly put this one down! I was drawn right in and wonderfully carried along and wrung out in every possible good
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about an older man and a younger woman. Danielle is a single mother with an autistic daughter Emmy who is struggling to make ends meet and is continuously trying to protect them from her drug abusing violent ex husband. After a long drawn out fight Danielle manages to get Emmy into a prestigious school that is equipped to deal with her autism. One day whilst at work she gets a call from the school saying that she needs to go pick Emmy up due to her having an enormous meltdown which ...more
The Rock Stars of Romance
Feb 15, 2017 marked it as trsor-authors
NOW LIVE & Sneak Peek: By Appointment Only by Lisa Eugene: http://bit.ly/2lSt1wY
Pamela
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, kindle, arc
Heather
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC in exchange for an honest review

Absolutely LOVED this!

My body shuddered with uncontrollable ecstasy, the kind that leaves you stunned and just a tiny bit scared.

Ever since her book Grayson, I've been on the lookout for anything Lisa Eugene writes. Her heroes are complicated and overflow with emotional depth. This story is another amazing read! Chase (swoon) is the brooding, sexy, older man (43) who is hiding aBIG secret. Throughout the story you see how tortured he is, and Ms. Eugene does f
Jill  Kirtley
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's gripping from start to finish!

Chase Rutherford is a millionaire who's running for mayor of NYC and owns the special needs school that Danielle Carmichael's daughter attends. Things don't start off well for these two but she always keeps her weekly 6pm Tuesday appointment with him. It's clear that he wants her so why won't he touch her? Full of twists and turns, intrigue, suspense, lies and deceit as well as love, hot sex and friendship this well written book has it all. The sheer despair th
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.85 Stars

ARC received in exchange for an honest review

Danielle is a single mother and she is unemployed because her daughters school called to say that she is causing a disturbance and needs to be fetched. Danielle's daughter is autistic and attends a special fancy school with qualified teachers, so why are they calling her to pick up her daughter.
When she arrives she finds out that the owner of the school and also running for mayor of NY Chase Rutherford (Rutherfucker, lol) is visiting and her
Black Female Roma...: FREE erotic BWWM romance/seeking reviews 2 20 Mar 07, 2017 11:54AM

Lisa Eugene began writing as a way to mentally escape from the hectic medical world where she has been a practicing nurse for over twenty years. She loves to incorporate her medical background into her steamy, romantic reads. Her books are fast paced, emotional roller-coasters---and her fans always enjoy the ride.

When she's not plotting her next dangerous, fast-paced, sexy adventure, you can find
More about Lisa Eugene...