Start by marking “Vores kemiske hjerter” as Want to Read:
Vores kemiske hjerter

Vores kemiske hjerter

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  9,905 Ratings  ·  1,851 Reviews
Til dig, der elskede Fordelene ved at være en bænkevarmer, Paper Towns og En flænge i himlen.

Henry Page har aldrig været forelsket, men en dag starter Grace Town i hans klasse. Hun er langt fra at være den drømmepige, som Henry har fantaseret om - hun halter, klæder sig i alt for stort tøj og ligner en hjemløs. Det er tydeligt, at hun har en del problemer med i bagagen, og
Published April 4th 2017 by LOVEBOOKS (first published October 4th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Vores kemiske hjerter, please sign up.
Savanna Not heavily no. The main character's best friend is a lesbian and has a girlfriend, but the story isn't centered on her.
Donna Hemmila One of the secondary characters is a lesbian, but the story doesn't address teen LGBT issues.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
One of those, "Why did I take so long to read this book?" This book broke my heart a little bit.

I loved Henry and Grace's characters so much. I loved Henry's friends so much. But, the story was just so freaking sad. I wanted to know, had to know, what happened to Grace to make her the way she was in the book. Why was she so unkempt, why did she wear men's clothes, why didn't she bathe that often, why did she walk with a limp? I had a couple of different scenario's and it finally came together I
Lola
This may not be the best contemporary book I have ever read, but it’s still an important book with a narrative that needed to be told.

We tend to associate death with illness or age. But what about unpredictable deaths? Those are the worst kind. One day you’re sitting on the couch, watching a movie, and suddenly the telephone rings.

It’s unexpected, but whatever, you pick it up. Who’s at the end of the call? A police officer, telling you a relative died.

Let me go back, that is not exactly the wor
Maram
“We were characters out of a movie.
We were thoroughly alive.
And we were absolutely beautiful.”

This is Sutherland's debut novel?! How? What? I'm shook. I honestly don't know how I'm going to review this beautifully written book. There's just no way I could do it justice but I'll try my very best to at least show my love for it :)

One word that stood out for me throughout this entire reading experience is smart. This book is so realistically smart, like does that even make sense? It’s filled wit
C.G. Drews
This book is so messed up and hence I love it. I'm actually really proud of me because I picked it up on a SUPER WHIM after having owned it on my TBR for like...a year? No really. I won it when it first came out. But anyway. I didn't really know what it was about, but it is not (as I first suspected) either about (a) cute fluffy fish, or (b) fanfic for My Chemical Romance. Startling information.

It's basically a story about what love is and poisonous relationships. And a lot of time I found mysel
Holly Bourne
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really thought-provoking book. I'm not going to lie, initially I was concerned because I wasn't sure what the story was trying to do. But then it slowly snuck up on me and, by the end, proceeded to gouge out my soul. A brilliant, cutting, moving (and yet hilarious) smack-down of Manic Pixie Dream Girls - and how you should love a girl, not just the idea of a girl.
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Have you ever read a book and felt like you wrote it? I know this sounds too egotistic, ambitious, haughty [insert other synonyms here] of me and I hope the author doesn’t condemn me but if I could write even just half as good as Ms. Krystal Sutherland, this book for me feels like I wrote it. As I was reading, it felt like my ideas, my thoughts, my references were all pouring out in the pages of the book which makes me feel both weird and amazed seeing that I didn’t write it.

Winning line to ski
may ❀

So this is certainly not a story of love at first sight.
But it is a love story.
Well.
Kind of.

What on earth was this book?? It made me feel all these strange, strange emotions and I’m still trying to figure it out????

description

Our main character, Henry, is a loveable child who is a total hopeless romantic ((basically me)) and meets this very odd girl, Grace Town, at school. She’s totally weird, and in the most fascinating of ways. She hobbles in the room with a cane and prominent limp, her hair is choppy a
*TANYA*
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I wanted to read this book because it was compared to Fault in Our Stars and Eleanor & Park, two of my most favorite books of all time. I really wanted to love this book, but I just liked it. It was too quirky, bordering on silly, if you edit all that, this book would have been fantastic.
Romie
While reading this book, I did a list of all the things that I loved about it, because I knew I would be too emotional in the end to write something. So here it is:

* lots of Harry Potter references
* tackle the ‘not like the other girls’ trope
* makes it really clear that you don’t choose your sexuality - hell yeah
* Grace & Henry’s conversations via Facebook are everything !
* Grace and I have the same favorite song ;)
* Henry’s parents are so dang cool, so is his big sister Sandie
* the trio fo
Taylor Knight
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, diverse-books
I really loved this book. It was funny and cute but it also had a lot of meaning. I loved how everything was balanced and it wasn't just a fluffy contemporary and it wasn't one of those books that will leave you feeling like you got ran over by a train. It was the perfect mix of funny and serious.
I loved the characters so much and even the secondary characters were really amazing and well written. I thought the characters had interesting and different perspectives. They weren't like any charact
Geo Marcovici
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Translation widget on The blog!!!
O carte despre cunoastere si autocunoaștere, despre maturizare și despre lupta cu viața!
Recenzia mea completă o găsiți aici:
Suzanne
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most beautiful books I have ever read! The story is a coming of age one that brings you on an emotional journey that will have you so engrossed in SO many emotions. The dialogue in this book is some of the funniest exchanges! This is a short book so if you do not want a long drawn out read I highly recommend you pick it up. Was so good!
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I liked this book but have found that it is a rather tough one for me to rate. I was initially grabbed by the awesome cover and after reading the description, I just had to read it. There were things that I really liked about it and other parts that just didn't do a lot for me. I have been wavering between 3 and 4 stars and have finally settled on a 4 star rating since it was a rather enjoyable read overall. It was a really quick read that to
Hollis
"Mother. Father. I have news."
"You've been conscripted to the war? What decade are you speaking from?"
"Ugh, fine : Home-Daddy, Mama P., I got a live tweet coming at you. Better?"
"Oh God, go back to World War Two, please."

There hasn't been a sad book that has made me laugh so hard, so helplessly, in.. a long time. Thank you, OUR CHEMICAL HEARTS, for giving me a well-rounded devastating and charming and sweet and awful and hilarious experience.

"Who's the sheila, mate? Saw you going off after her l
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This is the second book in a row that I've read that I thoroughly enjoyed, but still had a handful of problems with it. I loved the writing and the humor, but the whole 'trying to cancel out the manic pixie dream girl by calling her a manic pixie dream girl over and OVER' thing was too much. Same thing with the racism. The main character calls out the racism.... but then continues to call a character named Seeta Ganguly, Sugar Gandhi instead of her actual name. Those two things really rubbed me ...more
Vitor Martins
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Quando li a sinopse desse aqui, torci o nariz achando que não seria muito o meu tipo de livro (garota esquisita com passado misterioso, garoto virgem e romântico, os dois se apaixonam e experimentam o amor de uma forma que nenhum outro adolescente experimenta, fim) mas eu estava TÃO ENGANADO.

A química que há entre nós tem esses elementos mas a autora usa todos eles de uma forma muito criativa, diferente e bonita. É um livro, apesar de ser um pouco previsível em alguns aspectos, me manteve preso
Tadashi Hamada
All I felt while reading this was bored and annoyed. This book was just unbearable to read.

(And please don't mistake the fact that I read this in under a day as an indication that I liked it, as the only reason I read it so fast was because I couldn't wait for it to be over.)

It felt like I was reading a very poorly-made John Green knock-off. And that's saying something. John Green's books, after you've compared them to all the other YA books you have read (in my case, I have read around 320 Youn
Odette Knappers
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Oh, this is such a beautiful book.

When I was at 60%, I was still feeling meh about this book, it felt average.

But then, oh my. This book is beautiful in a way like All the Bright Places is beautiful, but the book is still very different.

I like the point of view, from the guy, but that did not felt like this is how a guy would feel and think, but rather how a female want a guy to think and feel and all.

That point where this book grabbed me and touched me and made me cry (yep), oh gosh. The feels
Syndi
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i am speechless. should i cry? should i laugh? should i stare into nothingness?? this book is explosive. in a good way. reminds me that when u love someone doesnt mean u live happy ever after.

i love this book. it deals with grief and letting go. justice and redemption in most meaningful way.

my heart and my soul explodes like a firework.
Fleurine
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JA JA JA JE MOET DIT LEZEN. Nieuw favoriet boek erbij. Ik heb net Krystal ontmoet en ze is zo onwijs lief en mooi en omg. Het boek is zo mooi en rauw geschreven. Het was lastig om het droog te houden. Lees dit! Als liefhebber van waar het licht is van Jennifer Niven, is dit echt ook geweldig. 1000 hartjes hiervoor.
E.
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik had zo halverwege dit boek nooit verwacht dat ik voor dit boek zou vallen. Maar ineens was daar iets, en viel ik. Viel ik hard.
Mafi
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Há amores que não são feitos para dar certo, por muito que se ame.

"Além disso, como é que ela pode ser a tua alma gémea? Não me disseste que ela nunca tinha lido o Harry Potter? Queres mesmo passar o resto da tua vida com uma pessoa dessas? Quer dizer, pensa nos teus filhos, por amor de Deus. Em que tipo de ambiente é que eles iriam crescer com uma mãe assim?"

(...)

O livro começa logo por ser diferente dos típicos young-adults por ser contado pelo ponto de vista do rapaz e não da rapariga, como é
Bec
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was such a wonderfully (often hilariously) narrated YA contemporary that I did not expect to adore, but Henry was too honest not to love and his story made my heart swell.

You how tropes can run rampant to dominate a story? NOT HERE! It's like Krystal Sutherland skipped up to each trope, acknowledged it with a high five, and then walked in another direction. I loved her for doing that, it gave her book a backbone of hilarity and anticipation.

These characters felt real to me; from Henry's n
Marcia
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boek was niet alleen heel grappig door de vele verwijzingen naar Twilight en Harry Potter, maar wist me ook diep te raken. Het is een puur en eerlijk verhaal over hoe liefde niet altijd bestaansrecht heeft. Ik zat huilend in de trein - dus de emoties kwamen goed binnen. Geen boek dat tot mijn favorieten zal gaan horen of dat ik over een half jaar nog in detail kan navertellen, maar wel een boek dat me op dit moment enorm geraakt heeft.

Op Oog op de Toekomst lees je hoe ik Vlaamse stoemp at me
Joanne Freitas
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"O amor não precisa de durar uma vida inteira para ser real. Não se pode avaliar a qualidade de um amor pela extensão, pelo tempo que ele dura. Tudo morre, incluindo o amor. Às vezes, morre com uma pessoa, outras vezes, morre por si próprio. Não lamentes um amor falhado, isso é uma coisa que não existe. No cérebro, todos os amores são iguais."
Kat
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book presents in the most perfect way how everything that happens to us shapes us and how hard it is to handle a huge loss. It's written in such a beautiful and realistic way, it's honestly so easy to get lost into the story.

We have Henry Page, a high school senior who loves to write and worked his ass off to become the editor of the school newspaper. He never had an
Sara➽[semi-hiatus] (Ink Is My Sword)
4 I may be just a side character of a bigger love story Stars

BONUS: Reminding me- Shawn Hook ft Vanessa Hudgens 🎶

"But love is scientific, man. I mean, it's really just a chemical reaction in the brain. Sometimes that reaction lasts a lifetime, repeating itself over and over again. And sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it goes supernova and then starts to fade. We're all just chemical heart"

First word that this book provokes for me is, confusion . I felt confused in terms of liking or hating
Kamalia
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our Chemical Hearts reminds me of a lot of other YA contemporary books I've read; a mashup of bits from All The Bright Places, Papertowns, Eleanor & Park, The Start of Me and You, and When We Collided. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, because at the same time it did have its own touch and overall i actually quite enjoyed it!I am rating this 4 out of 5 stars.

I think my favourite thing about My Chemical Hearts is the narration by the main character Henry. He has a fun and refreshing persona
Rebecca Woodward
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
This is a some what coming of age with a twist. The author has excellent writing skills. Her words just flow smoothly across the pages. I enjoyed reading her words. The storyline made me think about teens who have lost classmates/friends and my heart ached. I could not put my kindle down. I was pulled into the story from page one. I cried and laughed many times during my read. I fell in love with these characters. In the end I was happy with the last chapter because love is love. We are humans a ...more
Warda
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was heartfelt, hilarious and left me slightly broken. It's such a great contemporary, with YA cliches, but used in an unique and meaningful way. I loved the main character (Henry, my love), the friendships, and the subtle hints at feminism that randomly popped up.

But I think the main thing that stood out and mattered was how damaging unhealthy relationships can be, but how that also can lead to a journey of self discovery and healing. It was raw and needed.
  • The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett
  • Kids of Appetite
  • Seven Days of You
  • The Movie Version
  • What Light
  • The Edge of Everything (The Edge of Everything, #1)
  • Spontaneous
  • The Romantics
  • Spare and Found Parts
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • Love and First Sight
  • This Adventure Ends
  • Holding Up the Universe
  • Still Life with Tornado
  • Something in Between
  • The Continent (The Continent, #1)
  • The Thousandth Floor (The Thousandth Floor, #1)
  • Shutter
Hello. It's me.

I am Krystal Sutherland, writer of books. Or, more specifically, I am the writer of one lonely book, OUR CHEMICAL HEARTS, which is being published in September 2016 by Penguin in the US and ANZ, and Hot Key in the UK.

I was born and raised in Townsville, in the far north of Australia. Since escaping to Sydney in 2011, I've also lived in Amsterdam, which was awesome but cold, and Hon
More about Krystal Sutherland

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Tell The Wolves I'm Home
    $12.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
“Love doesn't need to last a lifetime for it to be real. You can't judge the quality of a love by the length of time it lasts. Everything dies, love included. Sometimes it dies with a person, sometimes it dies on its own. The greatest love story ever told doesn't have to be about two people who spent their whole lives together. It might be about a love that lasted two weeks or two months or two years, but burned brighter and hotter and more brilliantly than any other love before or after. Don't mourn a failed love; there is no such thing. All love is equal in the brain.” 85 likes
“We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy, Grace. Reading Harry Potter is what is right.” 39 likes