Start by marking “Fear the Heart (Werelock Evolution #2)” as Want to Read:
Fear the Heart (Werelock Evolution #2)

Fear the Heart

(Werelock Evolution #2)

I know what you’re thinking: Being bound to one of the most attractive, powerful werelocks on the planet can’t be all bad, can it?

Actually, yes, it can when you’re mated to an asshat narcissist.

But the fact that I’m turning into a dog and destined to spend an eternity with my brother’s archenemy isn’t the worst of my problems.

An ill-fated blood curse bent on revenge is bl
Published May 24th 2016 by Hettie Ivers

To ask other readers questions about Fear the Heart, please sign up.

Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 DOPPELGANGER Stars *****

Not a standalone

"You are definitely my favorite addiction. And I do need my fix now. Rest assured, though, princess, I will keep my word and play nice with you. Very f*****g nice."

description

HOLY CRAP. This broke my thermostat!

#TeamAlex all the way!

He's still demanding, devious, and dangerous, but there are a lot of reasons why he is the way he is. Alex made me melt into a puddle of goo, and I just couldn't get enough of him. This was so much hotter than Slip of Fate.

A
Kaitlin
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fear the Heart was an amazing sequel to Slip of Fate. Once again I couldn’t put the book down because it was fabulous. I highly recommend it and the Werelock Evolution series.

What I liked:

Alex- Of course, I loved Alex. He still has his moments of being mean and self-absorbed, but they are dialed back a bit in this book giving us the chance to see him vulnerable. In Fear the Heart, you get to read about the reasons to why he is the way he is. Alex was a lot more emotional and sweet. #TeamAlex

Fema
Jenny Whetzel
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ummmm wow! Hella steamy and for mature readers only!
Pegan Knight
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely a MUST READ!!! However I highly suggest reading the 1st book Slip of Fate BEFORE reading this book.

I love books like this as they really take over my imagination and as in a review made by a previous reader YOU WILL CRUSH ON THE CHARACTERS!! I'm currently torn between Alex an Alcaeus...although I will admit that Remy had my heart for most of the first book.

The plot is amazing and seamless and the detail given of the characters is just descriptive enough to get your mind latched then
Paula  Phillips
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Milena is now adjusting to the world of the Werelocks which are werewolves and warlocks hybrids. Due to an ancient curse caused by Joaquin Salvatella and delivered to her great-great grandfather Hector when he was nine years old. She has been wanted and hunted by those around her dying for the curse to be broken and a piece of the power. It seems that Milena is the one that has been prophesied as the ancient vessel which could bring power or chaos depending which hands she falls into , she is th ...more
Melanie A.
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shani
I should start out with a warning or two, or even five!

* This is the second book in the Werelock Evolution series. You really SHOULD read the first one, “Slip of Fate” first! These are meant to be read in order. If you don’t, you’ll regret it. Trust me!

* These are not for the faint at heart. They are paranormal and erotica. This one has a substantial amount of heat, steam and ok, maybe combustion?

* You will become addicted to the story and crush on the characters. I fully admit it, I think abo
Neilliza Swaffar
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**ARC provided by Author, in exchange for an honest review**

☆☆☆☆ 4.5 Stars ☆☆☆☆

Fear the Heart is a very slow burn books, with teeny tiny hot moments throughout the book. This sequel goes on with more explanation that could have been missed from the first book. Not so much adventure in this book at all, but the adventure of Alex and Melina finding themselves. If you are reading this book, don’t give up. All the explanation is very much needed for the story. But let me tell you, it will be all wo
Fidzje
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great sequel!

The book starts with a lot of clarification, background and history, which answers a lot of questions you have at the end of book nr 1. I finally saw links between people and events, which were unclear before.
the book is of course so nicely written, that not the WHOLE story is revealed. Some mysteries remain, some new ones occur, all VERY exciting - I want more!

Besides this marvelous plot, and the nice style it's written, it's great to see their relationship evolve; first no
InBookEden
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the first part, the resume is completely enchanted. I couldn't put down.
Melina int the first part was quite lost, but this book has grown.
I'm glad that we got more information about the werelocks, such as: ability to teleport for it.
I thought about it we would be if we could just jump from place to place, it would thrill :)
And we met a new character, in person of Guadalupe. I hope I can play a role in the next section.
Alex was in this section is much more emotional, more gentle.

More: http
Fannie
So excited this series is being published! Followed Hettie online for years and I'm still hooked on her writing no matter how many times I re-read these books. Her werelocks are my favorite secret addiction! Can't get enough of Kai and CAN NOT wait for the conclusion in book 3!
Diana Perry
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just as hot & exciting as book 1! Can't wait to read book 3! Couldn't put it down. Tensions rise as true nature comes into play between well written characters & an erotic & captivating plot can't go wrong. True MUST READ. I voluntarily read this ARC & this is my honest review
Smut Queen 💋
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy crap the 2nd book of this series has some serious steam going on in it. Alex is a complete alpha male and is amazingly hot. Virgin heroine and sweet hero male = my kinda book 😍😍😍 The only downfall is that he cheats on her when they first meet (in the first book) and it kinda plays out in book 2, sooooo.
Sheena
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully addictive ....

I have not laughed so much at the start of book in a long way time...three pages in and I was desperate to find someone to talk to about it.....this is the second book in the series and starts exactly where the other left off...a paranormal , dark in parts, sexy, thrilling romance...what more could a fan of the genre desire....the focus is on the main characters Alex and Milena who are having to re-evaluate their lives and allegiances whilst a threat to the current worl
GrnEyed
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m going to make a suggestion prior to starting my review, if you can only read this book and not Slip of Fate, the first book in the series, do NOT hesitate. You will not regret it. Although some pieces appear missing in the story here and there due to not reading the first book, by the end of the book everything was making sense to me.

As for the book itself, Hettie Ivers is an absolute master when it comes to storytelling. I have not bothered reading many books involving supernatural themes,
Runningrabbit
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of Heart and Desire

This second novel passes on seamlessly from book one with the same characters, although the book could have probably benefited from an additional infusion of characters, to somewhat fill out and expand the story line.

Altough Milena does vaguely mature in this novel her personality could have burgeoned with some attention to growth, but as it stands there is possibly too much repetition regarding the same issues. This is where I believe some novels would benefit in being l
Amy
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-reviews
Secrets, dark revelations and super-charged sexiness

Millena’s wolf arrives in an explosion of pheromones, erotic exploration and centuries of secrets. This book is so unbelievably good…the writing, the language—all of it.

There are more glimpses of Alex acting like the powerful and successful Alpha that he is outside of this crazy situation. Alex is still Alex—he can still be cruel, violent and callous, but in crucial parts, the perspective shifts and reveals that maybe there are reasons for his
Simone Bhalla
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 solid and some extra stars!

Ok this series just getting better and BETTER!!! I couldn't put it down!!! First book was brutal, cruel sexy but this is one or lots of steps up! It's not perfect I don't want it to be perfect - perfect is boring this is not! Sometimes I felt like the main characters were stuck in one place literally one place for too long sexy sexy scenes were long but good Alex is still a bad boy but with big shy slowly surfacing heart! Straight to book 3!!
Sallie
Oct 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So hot!

The second book in this series is definitely hotter and dirtier than the first. With her finally getting to speak to her brother and choosing what is right from wrong, it all takes a back seat to her growing attraction to Alex.
Lazy_bookworm
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING sequel, and so deliciously sensual, and you get to know alot of the plot background it, I can't wait for the next sequel to see what happens between Milena and Raul and the Salvatellas, and I really hope Raul somehow redeems himself for Milena. can't wait for more Alcaeus moments
Blanca
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I recommend it to everybody that likes romance stories mixed with fantasy creatures. This book is rated for adults, so I don't recommend it to anyone that doesn't like foul language or smut scenes.
Jackie Butler
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who needs sleep!

Cannot put these books down! They are fast becoming my favourite supernatural series! So different and so hot! I cannot wait to read the next one. Brilliant!
Rachel Beamin'
Alright, alright, alright. *Matthew McConaughey's voice*

Book 2 picks up directly where book 1 left. I know I have said it before in other reviews, but I FUCKING LOVE WHEN WRITERS DO THAT! Let’s not recap for 18 chapters, leaving the last 1-2 for the middle and end. Bravo.
description

**Side note: this is not a book to read at work. To say my face got all rosy red when someone busted into my office is an understatement.
description

Wow, in book 2 the tables have definitely turned. Ole’ Alex is a groveling mess. But we
Bobo's Book Bank
This is book two in the Werelock Evolution series and is an enemies to lovers, paranormal romance. Right after finishing book one, I plowed right through book two! It just gets better and better! The world of werewolves and mystic that Hettie Ivers created is simply fantastical, magical and spellbinding. Book two definitely has more hot, steamy sex scenes, a bit of suspense and a dash of humor. Plus, I adored the secondary characters that managed to enhance an already amazing story. It also ends ...more
Lindy
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

N this book Alex point of view of his undesirable behavior is explained. Kai is the only normal person that can keep his human or animal in check.
RainyDayReader
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story keeps getting better, and even without all the love scenes, this would still be a entertaining read because the plot about the werelocks has enough going on to stand on its own. I forgot to mention in my review of book 1 that I also enjoy the satire and humor in these books.
Casha Grimes
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great #2 Book

Love book 2, just wish Melina would get over herself anf accept Alex as her mate
.. I loved when alex confessed his feelings
Solveig
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am surprised by how good this series is, especially this one has been the best so far. highly recommended
Shari
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hettie Ivers second book in the werelock series, "Fear the Heart (Werelock Evolution Book 2)" was a deliciously sensual, hot continuation of the first book, "Slip of Fate". While difficult for this reader to relate to protagonist Milena quite often, erm... I haven't seen my teen years for quite some time, after all; once I reminded myself she was only eighteen, I felt... not so much empathy, but compassion for Milena and the choices she struggled with. This reader was actually able to see the we ...more
Sarah Cupcake
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The drama intensifies as well as the heating up. You will have to hang on
as you read book 2 of the series. Discover different depths and sides to the characters
which you were introduced to in book 1. Found it very hard to put down & wanted to
keep reading!!!
Taking life one litigation, TPS report, and naughty book at a time. Sitting in traffic in Los Angeles.✌ ...more

Werelock Evolution (5 books)
  • Slip of Fate (Werelock Evolution, #1)
  • Revenge of the Wronged (Werelock Evolution, #3)
  • No Light (Werelock Evolution, #4)
  • Just Like Animals (Werelock Evolution, #5)
“he hadn’t killed or shagged even one single person in front of me—which I felt was a rather good indication of his superior character.” 3 likes