Start by marking “Reclaiming His Life (Second Chance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reclaiming His Life (Second Chance, #2)

Reclaiming His Life

(Second Chance #2)

T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

The seven letters that sum up my existence.

I thought I was indestructible, a Badass of the highest level, but reality knocked me down a peg, more like a thousand pegs.

Now, here I am years later trying to put my life together again.

I’ve been given a fresh start and what I do with it is all on me.
Published March 13th 2017 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Reclaiming His Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaiming His Life

Coco.V
Jul 03, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (7/3/2018)!💝

Blurb:
T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

The seven letters that sum up my existence.

Now, here I am years later trying to put my life together again.

I’ve been given a fresh start and what I do with it is all on me.
Christy Johnson
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved everything about this book, Gauge his life story wow, KL does not disappoint with this story, I couldn't put it down , I needed to know what happened!!
Michelle Eriksen
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh my Goodness, what a ride, white water and all. Gauge has had a rough start and this book will take you along for the ride. From those confusing teen years, through the ups and downs of his college and early career, and then finally land you in his current life where he's essentially had to start over.

Meeting Lex changes Gauge's outlook a little and gives him all the more reason to turn things around although there are still going to be challenges and some major bumps in the road he can do thi
Paula Genereau
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book. I love her books.
Konny
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reclaiming His Life by K.L. Myers.
Its a bit difficult to find words to describe this book.

Gauge has a rough life. A selfbuild rough life. As teenage boy he dips in drugs and MC, alcohol and other things. His parents are desperate.
Hes trying to sort his life out, but some time later he becomes a criminal. Somehow this is his life story. He wants the one thing but acts the other way.
Is there a HEA ?
Can he finally sort his life out?

Reclaiming his life is a emotional read and a complicated story.
I l
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
This is book 2 in the series. In the book 1 we are introduced to Braedyn & Rylee and their story. In this book we learn more about Braedyn's brother Gauge. In book 1 he is introduced as the brother that Braedyn wants nothing to do with. He is trouble. In this story, book 2, we learn who Gauge is. We learn he isn't the bad guy we thought we was. He is a perfect example of being influenced by the people we hang out with . He gets into trouble a lot on his life but mostly because he trusts the ...more
Natasha
So this is in a series and you can read them as a standalone or together. Read them together- here is why. You see and hear about Gauge in book one and can feel the struggle Brae has with his brother. Now we have book 2.

OH MY HEART - this was such an emotional beautiful roller coaster. Gauge was sent to prison for his actions and he owns every second of them. The story behind it is so dang suspenseful I couldn't function as I was reading. Then he gets out and knows he needs to be a better perso
Wendy Hodges
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was pleased to read this and find that Gauge wasn't quite such a bad guy as it had appeared, there is a lot more to his story than we first see in the first book about his brother Brae. In this he is trying hard to get his life back on track and prove to his family that he is worth their effort and love. But it isn't all plain sailing, with a new love interest who has complications of her own it could go either way at times. I really enjoyed reading this and cant wait for book three, especiall ...more
Jenn
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I knew going into this book that Gauge would be an unique character with a dark past. I was excited to hear what his backstory was and how he landed himself in jail when we hear about him in the first book, Reawakening His Heart.

I don't want to say too much about his story, because I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say his career and then what landed him in jail was really interesting. When he gets out, he becomes a bouncer at a strip club where he meets Lex. When the FBI comes looking
Sarah Dale
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was looking forward to this book after reading Reawakened His Heart and meeting Guage.

Guage is a sexy, beautifully complicated man, he's had a rough life, he ends up on the wrong side of the law and gets into a lot of trouble. He's been happy being a one night stand kind of guy until he meets Lex at a strip club he is a bouncer at. Shes a dance and has a complicated past too. She makes him want to be a better man, he just has to make the right choices now instead of the wrong ones.

This is a g
Ellen
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading Reclaiming His Life! Gauge has always been an arrogant and cocky bad-ass, thinking that he was indestructible - unfortunately for him, this tends to get him in trouble! The story is like an autobiography of Gauge's life - starting when he was a kid, then his college days, then his career as a cop, his time as a gang member, to his downfall, and finally to his days of reclaiming his life! It's a world-wind of sex, drugs, deceptions, and lies and it'll have your emotions all of the p ...more
Ellen
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Beth
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book full of surprises!

When I started this book, I found myself struggling to get invested in the story. There just seemed to br too much going on. I felt the main character Gauge was all over the place and made a lot of stupid decisions. As I continued on I slowly began to hope that he would revaluate his life. And when he did I truly became invested in his story and couldn’t wait to get to the end.
I loved how Gauge slowly got his life back on track and started to build a future. I loved Le
Liz Jim
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 39% sorry i don't mean to disrespect other people with my opinion, but for me it just didn't work.
first i didn't read until 39% as i kept skipping pages because there wasn't much attraction, i wanted to get to where the summary said, the action and main problem, but for the first 12 chapters it was just explanation of his past, i get in a story is important to know how the past of the H is but 12 chapters? really?
then when they finally introduce the h, it was like just a mention of her, a
Helen
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I think I read this book in less than hour. It was a quick, addictive read that I just couldn’t put down. I’m going to be honest and say I did enjoy the first book more but this one was still incredible. I’m glad we got to learn more about Gauge and Lex was the perfect fit for him. Great chemistry between the two of them. Now onto book three!
Nikkita
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!!

I'm so glad that Gauge got his story told. I especially liked how the story didn't pick up from the first. Rather it told the story of Gauges childhood , and what led up to him in the first book. Then entwined with the first and went from there. Very well done. Looking forward to the next.
Gwen Shafer
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Now this one i absolutely loved. I love second chances at life and that is exactly what this story line is . Enjoyable gripping right from the beginning to the end. I loved the characters and the chemistry .
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Gauge hasn't had a pleasant life, we get to see his struggles through teen years, college and his career but now he has a chance for a fresh start and meeting Lex is just the icing on the cake, but it's not easy but the it's worth it. I loved this story and the characters.
Amy
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scary and Hot

Gauge finally gets out of prison and wants to lead a good normal life. Can he stay away from the drugs and gangs and become the good person his family knows he can be?
Nicole Collins
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brotherly love

I love Gauge. The stuff he went through in live was tough. He is a definite survivor. This family has been through so much. I highly recommend this series.
Tracy Fritts
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I enjoyed reading the second book in these series and I glad everything worked out for the two main characters. I look forward to reading the next book.
Kim Easley
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 Awesomesauce

What can I say...Book 2 was just as good as Book 1. You laugh, you cry and you cheer. Book 3 is next, can't wait to read that one. Thanks
Bianca Chiriac Suciu
Warnings?

I honestly feel this book should have a ton of warnings and triggers. This is not for everyone and definitely for me!
Kim  Brewing
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by K.L. and I really enjoyed it.

Gauge has always been on the cocky side - and it hasn't been to his advantage. He wants to believe he has learned from his mistakes and is taking the necessary steps to become a better person, son, brother ....and partner?!?
This book doesn't hide the things he does. It will take you awhile to actually like this character. I loved when Gauge met Lex he accepted her for who and what she was....but I needed him to be upset with one thing befor
Linda Carlson
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great story.

Gauge Ellington is a master of all he attempts. But, he has made a few mistakes. This story is told in reverse. It chronicles Gauge’s life from childhood to the present. This guy has led an interesting, complicated and quite intriguing life. Not all of it is honorable and most of it self-destructive. All in all, Gauge is not lazy. Matter of fact, he’s quite ambitious and motivated. No fear. A man with a definite life plan. He’s also a very intelligent and brave man. He would h
Wendy
Sep 21, 2018
Lisa
Dec 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
K.L. Myers was born in West Berlin, Germany while her father was stationed there. She spent her childhood moving from continent to continent finally landing permanently in Colorado when her father retired. Eventually, K.L. moved to "hell", aka Arizona where she resides with her husband & their fur babies. She has 2 grown daughters & 3 grandchildren.

KL has a passion for reading and writing

Second Chance (3 books)
  • Reawaken His Heart (Second Chance, #1)
  • Rediscovering His Future (Second Chance, #3)