Start by marking “Garden of Goodbyes” as Want to Read:
Garden of Goodbyes

Garden of Goodbyes

When I closed the door on my past I didn’t expect it to come back and haunt me. I was appalled when she called for my help, but she swore I was the one person who could save him—the only man I’ve ever loved. The man she stole from me.

She’s to blame for the mess of a man he’s become, but I’m to blame for walking away. Anything good has been long forgotten. In its place is
235 pages
Published March 11th 2017 by Faith Andrews

Jennifer Kyle
Mar 14, 2017 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 + STARS

description

Faith Andrews delivered what some will be hesitate to pick up type of story if they are spoiler whores and have some limits to their reading expeditions. For those who love spoilers please note that this book does include cheating, drug use, and not your typical hea. That being said, I inhaled this story from the first pages as the story is told in dual povs of sisters; Eden and Violet and the love of one football quarterback named Lennox Dean.

description

The writing is phenomenal, the storyline n
Hulya Kara Yuksel
"I know this now. I’ve known it for a very long time. You’ve been tormented with memories, but I live with the reality every day. I may have been some rare and exotic flower to him once, but you? Eden, you were and always will be his entire garden."

I'm finished, I'm ruined, I'm broken... Uhhh I can't stop my tears and if you excuse me, I'll cry some more... Bye!

Ps. Maybe I'll write a review later... I'm not sure right now. :(

.”
Saffron
Feb 12, 2017 Saffron rated it it was amazing
All the stars!!!

Let me tell you a little story...

I started this story on my couch. No one was home; I was alone. I had a blanket and a cup of coffee. I'm reading it and reading it, and right there on my couch, our love affair begins, this book and mine. I forgot about the coffee. I forgot about everything else but getting to know Violet, Lennox and Eden. They felt so real to me. So raw, so beautiful, so complicated.

I lived and breathed this story for two whole days. If it were up to me, I wou
boogenhagen
Jan
Mar 18, 2017 Jan rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jan by: Saunders
**Review updated again ** 21/03/17

and 2 days later....

Still thinking about this... I'll have to go with 4 Stars.

Review updated 19/03/17

*************12 hours later*****************

Because I said almost nothing here but the few I did is putting my friends off of reading this, I am adding a link with a friend's review. A friend who loves sending my way stories to mess up with my head Lol She did a fantastic job telling what Garden of Goodbyes is about.
Saunder's review

My thoughts straight after fi
Saunders
So where do I start with this thought provoking read? I almost didn't read this book because the previous stories I have read by Faith Andrews, I didn't like them. I downloaded the free sample and was immediately caught by the opening line “ I need your help” - four desperate words opened this story and after reading the first few chapters I knew I would be caught by the depth of the writing.

This is an emotional story and revolves around three main characters Eden, Lennox and Eden's sister Viole
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 19, 2017 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
description
'When you survive the death of your heart, any other pain feels as insignificant as a pin prick.’

We love nothing more than to experience an author stepping out of their comfort zone, producing work you wouldn’t expect from them and in Garden of Goodbyes we witnessed quite departure from the Faith Andrews books we’ve previously read. This book was the gloom to the sweet, the raw to the passionate of her previous reads and we absolutely applaud her for telling the story that was in her heart. For
Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  #
** 5+++ “damn this story is exhausting” STARS **

** Special thank you to my book buddy Hülya for recommending this piece of art to me! **
Shannon
Jan 10, 2017 Shannon rated it it was amazing
This ain't your mama's Faith Andrews book, that is for sure. Buckle up, grab the tissues, and maybe have a cardiologist on speed dial- your heart's gonna need some help by the time you're finished reading this one. And you might want copious amounts of chocolate and wine on hand as well.
Bravo to Faith for taking a chance on something completely different than what we're used to seeing from her!

This book completely and utterly wrecked me! It's still wrecking me...every time I think about these ch
Ruthie Henrick
Feb 23, 2017 Ruthie Henrick rated it it was amazing
Only a few times during the course of a lifetime does a story make such an impact that you know you will remember it for a really long time. Forget about this author's traditionally sweet yet angsty writing style—which has always made her books insta-faves. Do NOT, however, forget the poetic way Faith has always managed to string those same twenty six letters into narrative and dialogue that grabs hold of the reader's heart, wrings it out and rips it apart. That's all still true. Garden of Goodb ...more
Anna
Mar 18, 2017 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A painful yet beautiful story !

This book was beautifully written even though it ripped my heart out over and over. I was intrigued by the blurb and I couldn't stop thinking about the story for days. Finally, I was able to build enough courage and I'm so glad. This book will stay with me for a long time. Although, I may have wanted a different ending I am satisfied with how the author told this story. And for that, I wouldn't change a thing.
Luna Sol
Mar 01, 2017 Luna Sol rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
This is my first book by Faith Andrews. I am very impressed with her writing and her ability to evoke so many feeling with every sentence. This was a very hard story to read. I had to take breaks because it was too much at times. At the beginning I was confused because for a long time I was not really able to form a connection with any of the characters. I was looking for the romance factor. But this book is not really about romance. This poignant book tells the story of three lives, Eden, Viole ...more
Christine
Mar 22, 2017 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Raw, gritty, painful a few of the words I'm thinking to describe this book I just read.
I love this type of angsty story.
The only criticism with it is the letter from Lennox to Eden and Violet.
Would a junkie/drunk for three years be able to write such beautiful words?
Still worth the fives stars.
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
***** 5 "Written in the Stars" Stars *****

"He belonged to both of us; he was loved by both of us; he would be remembered by both of us as the man who tore us apart but then brought us back together."

photo PicsArt_03-20-09.33.23_zpsbg9vsuoj.jpg

Eden and Lennox were the perfect couple. Their future was written in the Stars from day one.

Lennox was the all American guy with his destiny mapped out to be a top NFL quarterback with his beautiful girl Eden by his side 100%.

Eden knew her future was wherever Lennox was. Life should have been simp
Alissa
Mar 05, 2017 Alissa rated it it was amazing
I just finished this powerful book and my emotions are all over the place!! What an incredible story of betrayal, loss and healing.

There were only 3 main characters here (and we got 2 alternating pov's) but the emotion that poured out of each one was palpable.
Poor Eden took the brunt of the carnage that Violet and Lennox inflicted, but she was such a strong character and I felt for her so many times. And Violet - someone who did unspeakable things should be hated, right? But by the end of the
Ela
Mar 23, 2017 Ela rated it it was ok
Shelves: tbr
Yeah, um just no! I may be the minority here but NOPE just NO. (view spoiler) ...more
Raj
Mar 12, 2017 Raj rated it really liked it
When you deliberately plot to have your sister's boyfriend as your own and stalk him until finally at the moment of his weakness you trap him in a drug infused three year binge you deserve zero sympathy when the life you planned with him goes to total shit.Violet the siren of the story is similar to the sirens of Greek myth and we all know what happened to those poor sailors once they heard the siren's call.

In this instant the drugs that Violet provides him is that seductive voice that lures the
T. Torrest
Mar 13, 2017 T. Torrest rated it it was amazing
I don’t normally gush about books. But this one cast such a spell on me that I had to tell you about it. The characters were strong, damaged, flawed, and real. The plot was intriguing. The writing was stellar. I read every beautiful word of this sexy, heart-wrenching love story, and it ripped my guts out with every turn of the page. Days later, I’m still trying to recover. Easy 5 stars!
MJ
Feb 27, 2017 MJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2017-books
Getting to read a book like Garden of Goodbyes is truly a privilege. Faith Andrews stepped out of her comfort zone to write a story that practically ruined me. I literally had a pit in my stomach throughout most of it, because it is told not only in alternating POV's but we get to see both past and present as well. And that past is what sends Eden and Violet on a path neither of them ever expected. One that could never truly prepare my heart along with theirs for the destruction it was sure to e ...more
Nance
Wow! I can't even express how I feel at the moment after just turning the last page of this book. The emotions. The heartbreak. My body is just numb. I need to think about this before I write my review. But, know this, the book that I just finished reading was one incite to substance abuse if you really have no idea what it entails. The people it affects. And, how life changing it can really be. Ms. Andrews penned one powerful story...

3/18/17

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS PRESENT WITHIN REVIEW***

Okay now
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 20, 2017 Gitte TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017

Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Garden of Goodbyes is not your typical hearts and flowers romance. Eden, Violet, and Lennox’ story isn’t your typical love triangle. It’s actually a love rectangle with a fourth object of affection. The object of their affection in this rectangle isn’t something anyone should love and covet. The fourth object is drugs.

I felt for all three of the characters, especially Eden and Violet. They were collateral damage in the wake of substance abuse long before Lennox, bad times and poor decisions abo
Jenni
WHOA...this is some story!
With the great writing, it being an addictive read and the story being unforgettable, the book deserves 5 stars yet it's still a rating I have to think about. Which might not make sense but it's all me and not being able to handle overly emotional stories well anymore (or cheating when two people are supposedly madly in love) and this one is a killer. There's no sugar coating it.
The whole time I had a few versions of how I wanted to see this end with none of them being
Tangerine
Mar 15, 2017 Tangerine rated it it was amazing

5 STARS

This book was aptly titled. It was definitely a garden full of goodbyes. It was gut-wrenching and heartbreaking. I thought it was written really well.

This is a hard review to write because I don't want to give anything away. I went into it knowing next to nothing. For me, this is a book that will stick with me but it may not be for everybody.
Barbara

What a ride!!! The writing is off charts ... awesome! But this story is not ... easy to read!!

Dilek VT
Mar 16, 2017 Dilek VT marked it as not-appealing
Recommended to Dilek VT by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
If I am going to be depressed and ugly cry while reading a book, I must find something appealing in it so that it is worth all the pain... None here!

Arkadaşlar, hani "ben almayayım ama alana da mani olmayayım" derler ya, hah işte ondan.

Arkadaş okudu anlattı, o kadarı bile benim içimi daralttı... Cık, kalsın...
Shari Kay
Mar 20, 2017 Shari Kay marked it as skip-it
zip, zilch, nada interest in this mess of angst and betrayal

Mella
Mar 17, 2017 Mella rated it liked it
Zunächst einmal wollte ich euch wissen lassen, dass ich erhebliche Probleme hatte eine adequate Rezension zu schreiben. Selbst während ich diese hier schreibe, habe ich das Gefühl, dass sie nicht so ist, wie sie sein sollte.
Seit ich das Buch am gestrigen Abend beendet habe geht es mir nicht mehr aus dem Kopf. Noch nie habe ich es erlebt, dass mich ein Buch so wütend, ja schon fast aggressiv macht wie "Garden of Goodbyes" von Faith Andrews

Keine Frage der Schreibstil von Faith Andrews war angeneh
EscapeNBooks
Mar 12, 2017 EscapeNBooks rated it it was amazing

Garden of Goodbyes by Faith Andrews is a contemporary romance, ugly cry novel.

"You owe me nothing, not even your tears. Forgive me, my love, my one and only."

Violet and Eden are sisters and while they have many things in common, they are very different women, except for one man who ties them together.

"When you survive the death of your heart, any other pain feels as insignificant as a pin prick. That’s what I believed. Only, it was a lie."

Having become a huge fan of Faith Andrews' writi
Halime   Yazıcı
Eden? Edie, is that really you?
In the flesh
Have you ever find yourself in a situation that you wont want to be in but can not help yourself and blindly jump into it despite you know what will happen or what will you feel about....
YES I was excatly just like that when I started to read this book.
description
story was really full of dusgusting situations ..cheating....betrayal and loneliness..... But Writer make this book like a epic. language was like enchanting song or sirens who blown your brain and m
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Maryse's Book Blo...: Garden of Goodbyes BR - SPOILERS 28 6 Mar 24, 2017 06:09AM

“That’s the thing about optimism. Sometimes it clouded your judgment, like rose-colored glasses, and left you vulnerable for reality to blindside the shit out of you.” 0 likes