Start by marking “Things I'm Seeing Without You” as Want to Read:
Things I'm Seeing Without You

Things I'm Seeing Without You

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  894 Ratings  ·  246 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Tess Fowler has just dropped out of high school. She can barely function after learning of Jonah’s death. Jonah, the boy she’d traded banter with over texts and heartfelt e-mails.

Jonah, the first boy she'd told she loved and the first boy to say it back.

Jonah, the boy whose suicide she never saw coming.

Tess continues to write to Jonah, as a way of proc
Published October 3rd 2017 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Things I'm Seeing Without You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Things I'm Seeing Without You

Larry H
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm between 3.5 and 4 stars.

"The morning after I dropped out of high school, I woke up before dawn in my father's empty house thinking about the slow death of the universe. It smelled like Old Spice and middle-aged sadness in the guest room, and this was probably at least part of the reason for my thoughts of total cosmic annihilation. The other part I blame on physics. The class I mean. Not the branch of science."

Tess has been in a downward spiral since Jonah died. She met Jonah at a party alth
Sana
the best part about this book? when it ended. holy SHIT, i thought it would never end, what a boring ass book.
Whitney Atkinson
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
My grandma's library gave this to her for free and she passed it on to me, and I figured I would never read it because I haven't been a fan of YA contemporary for years, but I was pleasantly surprised! I picked this up because it said it would appeal to fans of I'll Give You The Sun, which is one of my favorite contemporaries of all time back when I read the genre a lot. I started this on a whim not knowing if I'd actually get into and if I should just pass it along, but the narrator and the ton ...more
Cheri
!! NOW AVAILABLE !!

3.5 Stars

Tess Fowler is seventeen years old, and has recently fallen in love, for the first time, with a boy she met at a party. They’ve kept in touch since then until recently, when a week went by without a text message or any message at all. When she logs onto his facebook page she finds out that he is gone. Suicide.

"I'm scared of living my short short life wrong in every possible way. I'm scared I've already made so many mistakes and I don't have enough time to fix them."
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stacee

I tend to stay away from angsty books, but I was sucked in by the pretty cover and the comparison to ATBP.

I liked Tess well enough. She has an interesting inner monologue and it took me some time to settle into her head space. I did enjoy the interactions between Tess and her father. The funerals are an effective way for Tess to examine what she’s going through.

Plot wise, there are things happening, but not really any momentum. At times it felt like the relationship with Jonah was sor
Joce (squibblesreads)
DNF. Underdeveloped and writing style had no specificity to it. You can really say so much by using the right specific verb at the right time and the word choices seemed so vague across the board which elicited way less emotion that I needed this to. I would read two paragraphs and they would add absolutely nothing in terms of tone, volume, plot, character arc. And it wasn’t a “quiet” book in style that I usually enjoy. It was just off. The author also didn’t seem to have a character sketch of o ...more
☽ MaryJane ✨
I won an ARC of this book from the publisher through a GR giveaway which has in no way impacted my review.
BR with Rosaline!

I have a lot of mixed feelings towards this story. This a story that packs a really important message. It deals with a lot of difficult topics including grief, love, loss, depression and finding who you are and who you want to be. And because of that, this book is important. All of those mentioned topics are handled really well, in a way that is respectful to the characte
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
I wasn’t really sure what I was going into when I first heard about Things I’m Seeing Without You. It is about a girl who loses her boyfriend to suicide, and the main character has an entertaining personality. But what really drew me in was the alternative funeral business. It makes the story a little bit lighter and glances out the sadness of the story. I really enjoyed this one, and I found it to be a unique approach to the grieving process.

This book tells the story of a girl recovering from t
Bruna Miranda
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook, young-adult
**I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review**

"I'm scared that I don't matter, even a little bit, and that no one matters and nothing matters. I'm scared that it all matters and I'm fucking it up. I'm scared of living my short short life wrong in every possible way. I'm scared I've already made so many mistakes and I don't have enough time to fix them."

3,5 - Tess Fowler just lost her boyfriend. Her online boyfriend. They've met a few months back in a house party and stayed in touch a
Elizabeth La Lettrice
I've been in a bit of a book rut but this, my friends, is the first book I've read from start to finish in one sitting in a very long time. I also may have sent Snapchats of my ugly crying. Mark your calendars for 9/26/17.
Inge
Things I'm Seeing Without You was a book that held a lot of meaning. At first sight, it is a book about depression, suicide and grief. But when you (gently) brush away that first layer, it is also a book about first loves, second loves, celebrating life, and finding yourself by finding others. That's about as cryptic as I can go.

I am having quite a hard time forming words right now; can't really seem to get my thoughts on screen.
"It takes so much energy to make things easy for me. I have to go
Alexis
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it
3/5 stars

I enjoyed this book more than I though I was going to. I really don't have much to say. It was an easy read. I will say I found myself slightly druses with the main character at times, but outside of that i liked it well enough.
Lena
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If this novel is anything it’s honest.

Peter Bognanni takes the pain and heartache of losing someone and packages it into a 300-or-so page story that is at once aching, blunt, and—surprisingly enough—funny.

Now, I’ll admit, I’ve been sleeping on this review for a week or so because I wasn’t quite sure how to approach it. I thoroughly enjoyed the novel—in fact, I picked it up at an extremely appropriate time because I had just lost my dog. This year for me has been a valuable lesson in dealing with
Lauren Elise
I have received an Advance Reader's Copy of this book through a giveaway hosted by the publisher. This has not affected my rating or review in any way.

No plot, one-dimensional characters, and an unsatisfying ending.

Sigh.

Don't waste your time on this one, folks. For a book with a better, well-written plot and a hilarious main character that could knock Tess out of the park, I suggest Firecracker by David Iserson.
Kopf vor dem Herzen
"In einer Film-Version dieser Szene hätten wir jetzt wild rumgeknutscht. Und wären eng umschlungen aufgewacht wie die Jugendlichen in dem alten Romeo-und-Julia-Film von Zeffirelli, den wir im Englischunterricht angeschaut hatten. Aber das hier war nicht Shakespeare. Und wir waren nicht in Verona. Wir lagen in Iowa auf einem Pseudo-Bauernhof voller Alkoholleichen.
Und so wachte ich am nächsten Nachmittag stattdessen mit einem entsetzlichen Kater auf. Mich erwarteten ein Riesenhaufen Ärger und ein
Genna
There is so much joy, humor, and honesty woven in here, a book ultimately about death and grief. Upon learning about the death of Jonah, her internet boyfriend, Tess Fowler walked out of her high school, determined never to return there again. Tess attempts to find solace for the boy she loved—a boy she only met once and realizes now she barely knew—but she doesn’t know how to even begin grieving for him. So she returns to her father’s house, where she helps him with his newfound business of pro ...more
Kathi
May 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Didn't address the heavy subjects, just kind of swept them to the side. The characters were all whiny and annoying and the story was like every other YA book out there.
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I want to thank NetGalley and Penguin Young Readers Group for providing me with this copy in exchange for an honest review

This is a book with a very deep meaning, the way in which they have touched on a subject as delicate as death in general, whether of a loved one or of other people, and how it explores the different ways in which the you can live the loss, from the suffering, the negation, until the acceptance, was touched with some humor but above all with much respect and I liked that

description

3/5
PinkAmy loves  💕 books📖, cats😻 and naps🛏
Larissa Katarina
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received as a Goodreads giveaway. This was sad but so good. I don't want to say much because I'll give too much away and I feel like you should go blindly into this book unless you have a trigger problem. I don't want to say which trigger because it'll give away too much. Just read it! It's worth the time.
Jane
Deciding between 2.5 and 3 stars. Really interesting premise, but the characterization was either a mess or non-existent. Also so over male authors who can't write realistic female protagonists.
ellie
dear book,

how dare you.

i am sitting on my bed at 1am on a thursday morning eight hours before class, with my crushed heart hopelessly in love with you.

so thanks a lot for that.

yours,
ellie

// much later:

so this book is a trip and a half and a LOT. it kept surprising me, and I think it’s so hard for a contemporary to be surprising, but it did it. and it did it well. i think I just had issues with the way a character was written. but I enjoyed this so much because it’s about these teenagers being
Maggie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought this book was going to deal with a heavy topic beautifully. But it ended up making me super annoyed at the end 🙄 This was supposed to be a story about dealing with loss and moving on, but it didn't have any type of emotional gravity. I ended up being annoyed at the ending of the book. This could have been so much better done, but it ended up being just 👎 And I hate sometimes how a dude writes a teen girl as mean... like yeah, she's dealing with a lot but he didn't even scratch the surf ...more
Amy
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This YA fiction novel is a quick and enjoyable read that explores the ideas of online life after death and alternatives to traditional funerals/burials. For the record,my religious upbringing makes me feel like I should be buried in a box but in my wildest death fantasies, I’d be made into one of those coral starter-kits that are put in the ocean. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Google ‘Eternal Reef.’

This is also a love story and an exploration of the teenage self as an individual. I a
Madison
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel takes all the sadness and numbing grief of losing someone and presents it in such an upfront and honest way. Picturesque scenery, dry whit in the midst of heartbreak, broken families trying to heal and help in the only way they can, new beginnings, living funerals, dogs in rocket ships, and love - Things I'm Seeing Without You is brutal and beautiful. How is it that I spent so much time laughing while reading this book when it made me want to cry? Amazing.

Tess Fowler has dropped out
Emma
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs, reviews
Grade: D
An ARC was provided by Read Between the Lynes in exchange for an honest review.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Suicide books are always shaky ground, but they can be done well. Things I'm Seeing Without You is not one of those. The only reason I finished it is because I didn't want to DNF it.
There seems to be this problem of male authors writing female protagonists...that don't sound female at all. Tess did not sound like a girl. She sounded like a blank slate mixed with a guy. She didn
Kelli Spear
Aug 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This started out so goooooood...and then it hit a wall.

I'm hardcore into sad books. It's a bit morbid, but I really enjoy those stories in which someone completely broken is able to overcome and triumph over their grief. Not that they've forgotten the lost person, but that they found a way to deal and LIVE. And that's what I was hoping for here. It starts out perfectly, but somewhere along the way, I don't know...it took a detour and just never got back on track.

Tess was an odd character. She
Katy (Katyslibrary)
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Thank you so much Penguin Teen for sending this book to me in exchange for an honest review.

I was incredibly excited for this book.  As someone who suffers from severe depression I like to read books that focus on mental illness or have story lines relating to it.  I went into this book expecting something completely different from what it ended up being.  Unfortunately, after some thought, I was mostly just disappointed in a book that had great potential.

The writing is easy enough to get into
rebeccas.world.of.books
Meine Rezension findet ihr auf meinem Blog, hier ist der link dazu: http://unserewoerterwelt.blogspot.de/... 💕

Young Adult Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Night Divided
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lotterys Plus One
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Leave Myself Behind
    $15.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $2.49
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Gradually, I’d learned to dole out my “real” personality in small, safe doses to avoid scaring people away.” 4 likes
“What I mean is that nothing ever happens the way it’s supposed to. Everything is messed up. Everything is flawed. And if we didn’t have imperfection, I’m not sure what we would have left.” 3 likes