Start by marking “Christmas Getaway: An Anthology” as Want to Read:
Christmas Getaway: An Anthology

Christmas Getaway: An Anthology

Take Eloise. First she's kidnapped by Santa, and now she's camping out in an abandoned lighthouse with the most infuriatingly intoxicating cop she's ever met. Is she sleeping with the enemy...or the man destined to make her Mrs. Claus?

Meanwhile Jean is abducted to a remote ranch, stuck teaching a handsome Texas Ranger how to enjoy a little sensual Christmas cheer.

And Molly
Published November 1st 2008 by Harlequin Anthologies (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Getaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Getaway

Susan
Claus and Effect by Anne Stuart

Take Eloise. First she's kidnapped by Santa, and now she's camping out in an abandoned lighthouse with the most infuriatingly intoxicating cop she's ever met. Is she sleeping with the enemy or the man destined to make her Mrs. Claus?

This is a three part book, with each part written by a different author. In the first, Ellie is in a bridal shop, wearing a butt ugly dress belonging to her fiancé, and having second thoughts. Next thing she knows, the shop has been eva
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a fun, old-school type romance where chemistry and a love connection are emphasized over sex scenes. Anne Stuart's writing sparkles as always. Fitzgerald is so yummy you want to eat him for dinner. And I actually really liked the other two stories and I'm glad I read them. They all tie in together and form a nicely-done connection of stories designed to warm the heart and remind us that Christmas is about love and family, and that family isn't always just the traditional definition.
Robin
Aug 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a unique Christmas anthology where all of the stories are tied together.

"Claus and Effect" by Anne Stuart. James Fitzpatrick is a desperate cop who has been framed for murder and a jewel heist. He kidnaps Dr. Ellie Pollard because he thinks she may have information about that can prove his innocence, and help him with the nasty bullet wound he received earlier in the day. This was the best of the 3 stories. Very funny and entertaining.

"Caught At Christmas" by Tina Leonard. Maid of Honor
Dawn ♥ romance
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
I liked that the three stories had a common bad guy and main characters all correlated. They also incorporated lots of Christmas activities into stories rather than just taking place in December. But developing real passion in a few days was a bit of a stretch.
Kathy
Dec 06, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a quick read and a very light hearted romance. It is interesting because it is three stories by three authors in one book each taking the story one step further.
Amanda Rice Roberts
Dec 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Late adding this one, too! It was a fun Christmas read! I particularly liked the part about the satirical Santa.
Harlequin Historical
I loved how all three novellas were connected. Great story line with all 3. Good read!
Maura
Marybelle
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is my second reading of this book, and I have to admit that I enjoyed it much more this time. I still find the all three of the connected stories funny and intriguing. I delved in a little deeper into the main characters and very much enjoyed their tragedies, experiences, and even their little quirks. However, I still feel that the antagonist that runs across all three short stories, is just there, and contributes nothing to the story. As a matter of fact, he never really says anything (I t ...more
Sheila Melo
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Stories okay for what they were...but not memorable. Unfortunately, this series of three short stories was just OK for me. The Anne Stuart story was the best, but the resolution was too quick and it does not compare with her best short stories. I would not read this again.

Note on my ratings system:

5 stars (I only give 5 stars for books I have read multiple times and would read again and again -- a true keeper)
4 stars (4 stars is a book, I like a lot but lacks that extra special quality or a book
Angie
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paper-copy-read
This book was unique in that it contains three stories by three different authors, but all of the stories tie together with an overall mystery. I really enjoyed the Anne Stuart story and she never disappoints. The other two authors were new to me and didn't catch me as much as the first one by Anne Stuart. I ended up skimming through those two b/c I they were slow to get into and keep my attention.
Tricia
Jun 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Three short stories by three different authors to make up one Christmas Story. The first story ended abruptly leaving me almost to the point of stopping and not reading the other two. I am most definitely glad that I continued. Book 2 and 3 were by far the best of this group of short stories.
Marika Charalambous
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I got it for the Anne Stuart novella, which was just as great as I remember her writing. Gave it 4 stars because I couldn't really get into the other 2 stories. But I don't mind as my interest was the first story anyway.
Diana
Oh, gosh. Anne Stuart, how you make me forget myself sometimes! Hahaha. I loved the first part, the second one was just okay, and then it picked up towards the end again for me. The first one's my favorite though.
Rochelle
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015, christmas
eh
Carrie
3.5/4
I only read this for the Anne Stuart novella and it was the only one I finished. So I'm not rating the other two so as not to bring the score down.

I just loved Fitz. unf
Jenny
Aug 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, holiday
I'm just not a short story fan. I didn't feel like any of these were complete stories. All of them left me wanting more.
Mary
Mar 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
I only read this for the Anne Stuart story, which was great. The other two were lame.
TINNGG
Dec 24, 2010
Aideen
Sep 03, 2012
Penny Feliciano
rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2017

• Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas (Bullet Catcher, #2.5)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Gift-Wrapped Governess: Christmas at Blackhaven Castle / Governess to Christmas Bride / Duchess by Christmas
  • Once Upon a Regency Christmas: On a Winter's Eve\Marriage Made at Christmas\Cinderella's Perfect Christmas
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • A Bride By Christmas: Home For Christmas\ The Wise Virgin\ Tumbleweed Christmas
  • Deck the Halls
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Wrapped in Seduction
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus