Start by marking “Bennett (Leaves of a Maple, #3)” as Want to Read:
Bennett (Leaves of a Maple, #3)

Bennett

(Leaves of a Maple #3)

Bennett James was out of my league. Beautiful. Charismatic. Addictive. He was the type of man that women fawn over, that could have anyone his heart (or his insatiable libido) desired. He was never supposed to notice me and he sure as hell was never meant to pursue me.

Darci Walker is an enigma. Guarded but wild, if she lets you close enough, and therein lies my problem. M
ebook
Published January 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bennett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bennett

Start your review of Bennett (Leaves of a Maple, #3)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Love N. Books
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ell's $0.02

Totally. Fucking. Ruined.

Third in the series and certainly not even close to a letdown. Note that these books are NOT stand-alones. While each story has a completely different style and feel, you have to read them in order or you lose a good chunk of story and emotion.

Speaking of emotion. If you're here, you've already read Archer and Jake. Archer is the king of angst. You won't reach those levels in Bennett (most of us take a deep breath of relief there... I barely survived that one)
Haley Jenner
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It’s a nerve racking one ol’ release week. It doesn’t get easier. Not in our opinion. I guess in a way you’re offering a little more of your heart with every published novel. Here’s my lifeline, hope you enjoy 😬 😉 Every time a story is released into the world you open your characters, your storylines, your writing, yourself up to criticism, to judgement. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the thrill of reading reviews, of seeing what someone may or may not like in a story. My favourite book boyfriend w ...more
Tricia Bartley.  #AuthorStalker
Now..I love LOVED me some Archer and Jake...*swoon* so I wasn't sure what I thought about Bennett...he couldn't possibly steal my heart like the others??

But y'all I was wrong...I loved Bennet so freaking much. I JUST CAN'T TELL Y'ALL HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS SERIES!! Each book has been amazing and different from the other 💜 I'm so happy Rosa Sharon told me I needed to read this series and I finally did!!

I will say Bennett's love interest sure did make me "stabby" at times lol. She made me want to t
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Holy Forking Shirtballs do I love Bennett!!! He's the best kind of dirty talking sweetheart. Dirty smirks, talks filth & worships the ground she walks on. Sign me up!

This one had plenty of feels, plenty of swoons & so much heat hubs got a special wake up! I think Bennett may have reached Book Husband Status & if you've followed my reviews for a while I don't throw those around...

LOVED these two!
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Totally. Fucking. Ruined."

I've been really looking forward to being inside the heads of 'The Big Bad Wolf' and his 'Riding Hood'. I've known for a long time that they were in lust with each other and hoped that it would develop into more. However, I had my doubts due to Darci's painful shyness. I knew she wanted him, I just wasn't sure if she was brave enough to let him in.

I adore Bennett. He's funny and sweet and sexy and he's got dirty talkin' down pat. Imagine his surprise when he found
Excessive~Reader
This book is the 3rd in the series. I was a little nervous this story wouldn’t live up to my hopes. I’m happy to say it did, and that much more. Haley Jenner really know how to write book-boyfriends. The story is about a confident Bennett James, and shy Darci Walker who we met in book 1 Archer, and book 2 Jake. They are both friends to the couples from the other stories. I suggest if you haven’t read them then go read them before this one. Bennett and Darci grew up with their friends circling ea ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I wanted to give Bennett all the stars. In all honesty Bennett does have all the stars. What took away from them was Darci. Her constant indecisiveness really took away from the story a bit. I loved the fairy tale mentions, we are Red Hatter for a reason. Red Riding Hood is my favorite fairy tale. I loved the nicknames and how the author incorporated the fairy tales in the story. I loved Bennett and Francesca. I just couldn't like Darci.

Bennett is an amazing character and I love the d
Marley Valentine
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf."

"My kinda fairytale."

I've been waiting for this book ever since I devoured Archer and Jake. The Leave of a Maple series is something I can't get enough of and Bennett was another perfect addition. Reunited with all your favourite characters, and introduced to some new ones, Haley Jenner ensured one of my most anticipated reads of 2018 did not disappoint.

Bennett and Darci's story is different, complicated and so damn addictive. Confirming that opposites
Danielle Thompson
Oh. My. Gosh. This is the first book I have read by Haley Jenner and in the words of Bennett, I am Blissfully ruined. I don’t know how I’ll move on to another book. This story line captivated me and wrecked me from the first line. I cried with Darci, screamed with her, and may have called her out on her BS a couple times. But I was with her the whole way. Please, PLEASE read this book! You won’t regret it. I’m off to start the other books in the series because I just can’t let go of these charac ...more
Lorena
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A nice and lovely read. But it didn't have on me the same effect as Archer and Jake. Less emotional and a little bit repetitive. I didn't feel as much as with the first two novels: I was expecting to cry, laugh, be mad, be hopeful, hopeless, love ... with deep intensity but it did not happened :( Don't get me wrong, the book is good, but just not what I was expecting after Archer and Jake. I loved Bennett very much though, he is such an amazing guy. Didn't connect with Darci as much.
Now, I'm rea
Samara
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amara
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Totally. Fucking. Ruined.

That phrase is used 28 times in this book. I get it, it's cute. Fun fact, though. Darci totally. fucking. ruined. this book for me. I still don't know wtf her problem was.

Susie Steinle
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly warming and beautiful love story! Be still my heart ... Bennett, you beautiful, beautiful man! 💓💓💓
Sophie Ruthven
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell.
My favourite book of the series so far for sure.
Couldn't put it down from start to finish and my face hurts from grinning.
Not normally a fan of sweet stories without suspense, HJ might just convert me yet!
Kathy Coopmans
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've finished one of my favorite books. Seriously. This duo is amazing. They deserve to thrive.
Bennett started me off all hot and bothered. It was sexy, angst-filled and nearly drove me out of my head.
A night of passion leads Bennett and his little red riding hood, Darci down a road neither one of them expected.
I'm telling you, these ladies know how to bring it and they bring it well.
I fell in love with Archer, wanted to cry reading Jake. But Bennett, he stole my heart.
The man, God, this man is
Flo₂₂
sorry but again it's a NOPE, this series it's all the same, this back and forth with no loyalty involved,
someone always runs from the other. Months passed without contact,sometimes years. basically same shit but different couple. i don't mind ups and downs in a relationship but for me it's very important how a story starts. and seeing them doing this back and forth it's like they aren't involved enough to do something, or to wait for the person without going with others. DNF, and at this point i
Ann-Maree Howarth
Bennet, Bennet, Bennet James how long has it taken me to get around to reading you? If only more man were like you there would be more happy women in this world. You are hot, sexy, sensitive, charming, understanding, popular, honest and a Lady Killer. I loved Archer he almost broke my heart completely and Jake made me want to give him a big cuddle as I felt so bad for his story. So what did I get from Bennet????

LOVE & PATIENCE

He may have not completely understood the word from the start but boy
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Great story! Bennett is the third book in the Leaves of Maple series. I really suggest reading the others in the series as they are all interconnected even though we get a different couple in each book. This book has humor and heat, but it also has that tell-tale angst that Jenner is known for.
We learned about these two characters in book one. I really liked seeing the relationship these two have through their own eyes. We have gotten glimpses of them through others points of views, but I felt i
Sassy Southern
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bennett James is Mr. Popular and yet there is something about him that is drawn to Darci Walker, the owner of the coffee shop and one night they can’t deny their chemistry.
12 months later Bennett and Darci find themselves together once again and Darci pulls away from Bennett. Yet when circumstances bring them together again will Darci open herself up to Bennett completely or will she pull away and shut down?
Will Darci learn to trust Bennett or will she lose him completely thru her own insecurit
Rebecca Gates
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just realized I never wrote a review for this book. How? I don't know! I LOVED this book. I LOVE this series. I've never read books written by two people that have flowed this well, ever. The way that these two authors write together is magical beauty.
I've loved these characters since book 1 (Archer.) I'm not sure that anyone will ever take his spot, but dang did Bennett come close. This book wasn't as full of angst as the past two, which was refreshing. It still had the emotions and feelings
Rebecca Austin
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This is such a great series and I love the continuing stories through the books.

I really liked Bennett and knew his reputation of a bit of a player, but I saw none of that at all in this book. Bennett cared so much about Darci and wanted a relationship with her but every time he thought he was getting closer to her she would pull away from him. Bennett was a super hard worker and I loved that this showed a side of him that was dedicated and reliable.

I liked Darci a lot but then when she kept pu
Jill
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished Bennett several days ago and I can't stop thinking about it. The authors have done this to me with every book of theirs that I have read so far. This series is one of the best I have ever read and with each book they manage to create a completely new original story line with new (although we've met them previously!) outstanding characters with brilliant unique personalities! Bennett James is effing perfection. Done. He is sweet, caring, 100% charming and he takes patience to a level n ...more
Linda Lee
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can describe Bennett with two words Lady Killer and I’ve been smitten since I was a young teen. Although I saw him standing out in the crowd I’ve always blended into the background. I’m the owner of the local coffee shop and Annabelle’s friend Darcy. I tend to be socially awkward, shy and a hopeless romantic. Not sure how or why but one night Bennett followed me into the storage closet. My inner minx came out to play and we had the best sex of my life. Bennett was blown away by my extreme pers ...more
Chikap09
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hurts-so-good
Haley Jenner has done it once again. Bennett was an amazing read! I cannot get enough of the Leaves of Maple crew and these ladies blew this one out of the water!
Bennett is caring, sexy, sweet, and considerate... Perfect recipe for a man right?? In comes Darci.. shy, awkward, not confident at all, but in the bedroom she is the epitome of confidence and eager to please and be pleased. She is the definition of a naughty librarian (without the library lol). When these two come together (when Darci
Tammy
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story between Bennett and Darci - she was so shy and thought she was totally out of Bennett's league - he was best friends with Archer, Jake and Toby - and she was best friends with Annabelle, Aubrey and Willow, their better halves. When Darci and Bennett hookup just once, he is ruined for any other woman - the blush on her cheeks and the way she comes alive just with his touch - he can't wait to get to know her, to date her and yes more sex. Darci doesn't think it is even in the realm ...more
Vanessa Lawford
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bennett and Darci's story did not disappoint. This book was not as emotionally heartbreaking as Archer and Jake but it was up there. They have an amazing chemistry and I love the fairytale aspect to it.
This book had one of the most romantic proposals I have read in a book and one that was sweet.

I cannot wait to read the rest of this series and do a reread of the whole series.
The more books I read by Haley Jenner the better they get.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review by Sweet Tr
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bennett and Darci have chemistry in spades, but Darci is a little skittish, having been burned before. I really love Bennett - he's sexy, all alpha, so steadfast in his feelings. This big bad wolf needed to capture his Red Riding Hood girl, and it was an amazing story, down to the end. The highs and lows, the love and laughter, and the angst, all made this a wonderful read. I love how Frankie also supports Darci, and she becomes more prominent in this book, making me think she's about to get her ...more
Tina
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally ruined but in the best possible way. Each book in this series gets better and better. Although each book focuses on one couple I suggest you read them in order, it will only heighten your Haley Jenner experience.
Bennett and Darci are the perfect couple because they bring out another side of each other they are the perfect balance.
Darci, the shy quiet type becomes someone totally different when in the presence of Bennett. She might not realise it but there is a sense of trust there which
Ashley
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the story for Bennett. He was a fantastic man who is super awesome and fun! He really pushed the story forward and the sexy scenes were very hot as well! I thought he was very loyal and honest about his feelings. The only thing that was a little off was Darci. She was a little too much on the back and forth for me to get comfortable with her.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.

• 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Commander (Commander in Briefs, #1)
  • Warrior Blue
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Dear Future Ex-wife
  • Castling The Rook (Checkmate #3)
  • Playing For Keeps (Checkmate #4)
  • Reshuffle (Stacked Deck Book 2)
  • Wildcard (Stacked Deck Book 1)
  • Fool Me Once
  • Till The Sun Dies (Checkmate #2)
  • Game of Hearts (Stacked Deck Book 3)
  • Full House (Stacked Deck, #4)
  • Faked
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright, #1)
  • Love in Lockdown
A blonde. A brunette. A tea lover. A coffee addict. Two people. One pen name. They're pals, besties if you will, maybe even soulmates. Consider them the ultimate in split personality, exactly the same, but completely different.

They love a good laugh, a strong, dominating alpha, but most importantly, know that friendships, the fierce ones, are the key to lifelong sanity and fulfillment.

Connect wi

Leaves of a Maple (4 books)
  • Archer (Leaves of a Maple, #1)
  • Jake (Leaves of a Maple, #2)
  • Luca (Leaves of a Maple, #4)