Start by marking “Bottom of the Sky” as Want to Read:
Bottom of the Sky

Bottom of the Sky

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  27 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Tragedy set his course for revenge. One woman stands in his way.

John
The last thing I need is to be saddled with the on-the-run niece of the family I’m about to take down. Gianna Silva wants me to help her find her missing mother. But I’ve got bigger fish to fry—namely, her cousins Stefano and Santos Silva. I’m working on the inside, feeding information to the FBI, and I'm
Published March 21st 2017

really liked it 4.00  ·

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4.25 STARS****

I don’t know what I was expecting when I started reading this book but I can say I didn’t expect something so gritty. The cover is so nice and sweet, but the inside was nothing like the cover.

I started out thinking I wasn’t going to like it because there was a lot of information provided in the first chapter that made my head spin. I was 100% wrong because I FLOVED it!

I don’t care for cops and I don’t care for informants. I’m always pro bad guy. Maybe, it’s because I grew up in
♥ WishfulMiss ♥

Bottom of the Sky was darker and grittier than I was expecting but no less amazing for it. I was blown away by the characters and was sad to see it end. Lucky for me, Santos and Gyselle will soon be telling their own side of the story! Can't wait :)

Quick Summary
Gianna's mother has fallen off the grid, again, and Gianna knows that her father's family, the wealthy and connected Silvas know something about her mom's sudden disappearance. Problem is, they aren't exactly on speaking terms. She needs
Bev
Didn't like the way John played Giannia, nor did I like his dishonesty. Loved Gianna, absolutely LOVED her, she's exactly the sort of heroine I love to read about.

Now then, I HATE the bloody V card trope, but the author played this one brilliantly. I'll never be converted to that ridiculous "keep herself pure" side - it IS 2017 and people do actually have sex in my world - but this one actually worked.

I would have liked an epilogue further into the future with them actually being together as a
Elaine
Move over embrace romance and welcome romantic suspense! I’ve previously read – and thoroughly enjoyed – several books by this author in the past and was expecting something similar again . . . . but though her writing is still as enthralling as ever, what a change of genre!

The story is told from the points of view of the two main characters. John Rossi is out for revenge and has voluntarily been undercover for the last two years to gain evidence to enable the FBI bring down the mobster Silva f
Karen
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Couldn't put it down.
Julie

description

I really went back and forth on my rating for this one ... I kept bouncing between three and four stars. The reason I kept wavering is because the beginning of the book did not keep my attention in the least. I actually started reading this book a couple of months ago and then put it down because I just wasn't feeling it. I wasn't attached to the characters, I wasn't attached to the story line or anything else in the story, for that matter. Sometimes I do get into a book funk and what I'm readin
Dawn Herring
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Riveting story with strong, intriguing characters. This book reminded me of how much I love romantic suspense. Sure, I enjoy getting lost in a light, even angsty romance novel, but you can't beat a good romantic suspense novel. And this certainly fit the bill. Both lead characters are strong and likeable, and they had page-melting chemistry, which made their journey to love all the more satisfying. The plot is riveting...I stayed up late to finish this one, which is something I rarely do, but I ...more
Shawn
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Sensory Overload" is how John describes his interactions with Gianna. It is also how I would describe this book.

There were times where I was on edge waiting to see what happened next. Then, times where I laughed out loud. Followed by the intense chemistry that flowed between the two.

The is a fluidity to the story moves from one scene to the other. It's like watching a movie because I can see every play out in my mind.
Sangria
Great new adult book...

This is an enemies to lovers book. Two really strong characters with a lot of depth. I liked both characters a lot by the end of the book even if I did want to smack them both several times, lol. John is looking for answers and working with the FBI and in walks Gianna asking for help and it's in the middle of his investigation that involves her family.

These characters had great push-pull. Watching them both fall was epic. At one point John takes Gianna to his cabin he has
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
5 dirty boy toy stars!! I have read all of this authors work and this did not disappoint!!

This is a stand alone book (though I think it would make for a very interesting series) of enemies turned lovers.

This is Gianna and John's love story...

Gianna is family of the mob and John is enemy of the mob. Problem is John is undercover and he really does not need this smart mouthed, curvy, stubbornly beautiful woman distracting him. Gianna needs him to help find her mother. What happens when opposites s
✦⟣Kelly⟢✦
I really enjoyed this book. I loved spunky, sassy, funny Gianna and that she didn't take any shit from John, who was struggling with his own issues. A completely absorbing and well written story by a new to me author. I'll definitely be reading more from Shae Ross.
Jessica
William Schantz
rated it it was ok
Nov 26, 2017
Gerri Johnson
rated it did not like it
Oct 13, 2017
Rachel A.
Aug 09, 2017
poppy
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book just loved John and Gianna they were fantastic characters and just loved the chemistry between them a fantastic read can't wait to read more from this author.
Amanda
Cheryl Bradley
Debra

• No Hero
  • Locked, Loaded, & Lying
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Betrayed (Rockfort Security, #2)
  • Billionaire Blackmail (Billionaire Blackmail, #1)
  • Sparrow 59 (The Sleepers' Coalition, #1)
  • Stop at Nothing (Protect & Serve, #1)
  • To Seduce a Scoundrel (Secrets & Scandals, #3)
  • Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
  • First Temptation (Covert Affairs, #1.2)
  • Necessary Risk (Bodyguard, #1)
  • Headed for Trouble (The McKays, #1)
  • Fake Engagement Real Temptation
  • Loula Is Leaving for Africa
  • The Billionaire's Intern (Billionaire Fairy Tales #3)
  • Without Words (Under the Pier #1)
  • Play of Light
  • Blurring the Lines (Men of the Zodiac, #11)
Shae Ross grew up in Ferndale, Michigan. She attended Michigan State University and continued her education at Detroit College of Law. Prior to 2014, she spent the majority of her career practicing corporate law and engaged in entrepreneurial ventures.

After having too many stressful days at the office, Shae began to pursue her lifelong dream of writing and signed a contract with Entangled Publish
“Sometimes painful endings bring the best new beginnings.” 11 likes